Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own (5883 Views)

Pa Adama Aduku: Nigeria's Oldest Surviving Soldier Dies At 101 (Photos) / VP Osinbajo Meets Nigeria’s Oldest Surviving Soldier In Lagos (photo) / Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Igboesika: 9:00am On May 02, 2017
izombie:
Op, nigeria with all the ports in the world how has it helped? I don't know why you people keep giving us reasons why we should remain in this nigeria. It makes you people look stupid and pathetic. If you people are so scared of staying in one country alone with the hausa fulani then you better pitch your tent now with igbos to form a united southern country where no one is more equal than the other.
Have you forgotten Yoruba Muslims ?
They won't agree, but nobody cares anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by SlayerForever: 9:06am On May 02, 2017
[s]
MosesIgb:

Why comparing European countries with Nigeria. Can you compare Singapore with Nepal which is a landlocked country, or Lesotho with Tunisia.
[/s]

The fact you're arguing about being landlocked shows you're very slow. Like very very slow. You're a typical Nigerian with poor education who can't think. Backward set!

3 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by pazienza(m): 9:27am On May 02, 2017
I understand what the OP is trying to do. Zik did the same when the North was threatening secession, he presented a very gloomy state of how the North would look like post secession from
Nigeria, to dissuade them from secession.

But Zik did more than just that. He conceded lots of political power and advantage to the North to make Nigerian unity palatable to them.

To keep Igbos in Nigeria, and kill permanently, the Biafran agitation, the North must do same too. They must yield to the Igbo politically accepted Nigeria, which is for all intents and purposes a very loose confederation consisting of six zones and with Igbo territories ceded to present SS reunited permanently with the rest of Igboland in present SE permanently, including those Igbo territories in current Benue!

Everyone is crying for peace, but non is calling for justice and equity for all.
Justice and equity demands that the above renegotiated Nigeria be implemented, to make Nigeria palatable to the Igbo.

Ohanaeze Ndiigbo had since articulated these conditions and presented them to the Nigeria.
http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/OhanaezeDraftSubConstitutionReview.html

Only mischievous and diabolical souls call for peace without justice and equity. Such peace can only be found in graveyards, not amongst the living.

8 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by kingzizzy: 9:42am On May 02, 2017
MosesIgb:

Why comparing European countries with Nigeria. Can you compare Singapore with Nepal which is a landlocked country, or Lesotho with Tunisia.

You are missing the point. The point is that if there is vision, a country can be like any in Europe, wether landlocked or not.

I trust my fellow Igbos, we work hard, we are enterprising and we are visionary people. The only problem has been that Igbos have not been in control of their politics and economy.

We will make a success of Biafra even if Biafra is just the 5 Igbo states and anyone who thinks we are landkocked is dreaming. Onitsha has a River port, another River port can be built in Oguta and Another in Obuaku in Abia. Onitsha, Oguta and Obuaku have tributuaries running to the Athlantic Ocean. I even heard that there is another tributuary somewhere in Ebonyi.

We shall be fine in Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Nobody: 10:40am On May 02, 2017
MosesIgb:

To be sincere have you seen the Niger Deltas clamouring for the creation of Biafra.

Good question.

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Nobody: 11:04am On May 02, 2017
Igboesika:

If some of those tribes you mentioned are found in so called "South South", what made them less BIAFRANS ?. Let me use Ijaw as an example, Asari and Other people that are clamouring for Biafra in Bayelsa, which tribe are they from ?.

See how less informed you just made yourself look.
Asari clamouring for Biafra in Bayelsa? ??
1st- Asari is a Rivers man.
2nd- he didn't clamour for any Biafra.
There's a difference between sympathising for Biafra and clamouring for it.

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Nobody: 11:07am On May 02, 2017
kingzizzy:

You are missing the point. The point is that if there is vision, a country can be like any in Europe, wether landlocked or not.

I trust my fellow Igbos, we work hard, we are enterprising and we are visionary people. The only problem has been that Igbos have not been in control of their politics and economy.

We will make a success of Biafra even if Biafra is just the 5 Igbo states and anyone who thinks we are landkocked is dreaming. Onitsha has a River port, another River port can be built in Oguta and Another in Obuaku in Abia. Onitsha, Oguta and Obuaku have tributuaries running to the Athlantic Ocean. I even heard that there is another tributuary somewhere in Ebonyi.

We shall be fine in Biafra

All this your river ports, where will the ships pass before they get to these ports?
Maybe you didn't offer Geography in school or probably you got an F9.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by kingzizzy: 11:34am On May 02, 2017
Ekinematics:

All this your river ports, where will the ships pass before they get to these ports?

Go ans look at a map of the wsterways of Nigeria before you ask stupid questions
Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by kutchs: 12:23pm On May 02, 2017
Countries like the defunct USSR, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia were once thought indivisible but look what has happened. These countries have broken into smaller republics some of them doing far better than 'mighty' Nigeria.

Biafra survived three years of air and sea blockade, how you think she won't survive now that she has prospered beats me. Instead of asking how Biafra would survive post Nigeria, why not ask how Nigeria will survive the loss of the Igbo?

3 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Igboesika: 12:26pm On May 02, 2017
Ekinematics:

See how less informed you just made yourself look.
Asari clamouring for Biafra in Bayelsa? ??
1st- Asari is a Rivers man.
2nd- he didn't clamour for any Biafra.
There's a difference between sympathising for Biafra than clamouring for it.

Keep shifting the goal post, from no SS person is supporting Biafra to Asari is only sympathizing with BIAFRANS.

On Biafran issue, there is nothing like sitting on the fence, it's either you are in support of them or you are against.
Go and read about Asari Dokubo and his opinion about Biafra, google is your friend.

Finally, the whole of SS was Biafran territory during the war, not only that, the last president of Biafra wasn't an Igbo man. How can one be a president of a country where he's not an indigine ?

Why are you afraid of disintegration and strong relationship between igbos and their brothers in ND ?

4 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 02, 2017
Igboesika:

Keep shifting the goal post, from no SS person is supporting Biafra to Asari is only sympathizing with BIAFRANS.

On Biafran issue, there is nothing like sitting on the fence, it's either you are in support of them or you are against.
Go and read about Asari Dokubo and his opinion about Biafra, google is your friend.

Finally, the whole of your so called SS was Biafran territory during the war, not only that, the last president of Biafra wasn't an Igbo man. How can one be a president of a country where he's not an indigine ?

Why are you afraid of disintegration and strong relationship between igbos and their brothers in ND ?

I've never said I am afraid of any disintegration.
Why will a South Sotherner be afraid of such?
A disintegration will make the SS an economic eldorado.
But for now we remain Nigerians until any day God says it's time for Nigeria to disintegrate(that's if it will ever happen).

Biafra is your course, fight for it and leave us alone.
A relationship with Ibos is not by force.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 02, 2017
kingzizzy:

Go ans look at a map of the wsterways of Nigeria before you ask stupid questions

It's like you need a microscope to look at that map well.
Guess you ain't seeing the SS states on the boundaries of all those tributaries that link the rivers you mentioned to the Atlantic.

I guess you are blind to Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

Ships heading for Biafra will fly over these ND/SS states and land on your waterways then sail from there grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by izombie(m): 12:48pm On May 02, 2017
Igboesika:

Have you forgotten Yoruba Muslims ?
They won't agree, but nobody cares anyway.
i know the afonja moslems are saboteurs, which is why they want to remain in nigeria with their moslem lords.

4 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Igboesika: 12:51pm On May 02, 2017
Ekinematics:

Why will a South Sotherner be a afraid of such?
But for now we remain Nigerians until any day God says it's time for Nigeria to disintegrate(that's if it will ever happen).

Lolz. Yoruba Muslim, when are you going to be proud of your tribe ?.
Claiming N/D man on nairaland won't stop the inevitable.
Have a nice day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by izombie(m): 12:51pm On May 02, 2017
Ekinematics:

Why will a South Sotherner be a afraid of such?

any south southerner that wants to remain part of nigeria as it is, is just living in denial. Its like only the igbos and hausas are the only courages tribes in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 02, 2017
izombie:
any south southerner that wants to remain part of nigeria as it is, is just living in denial. Its like only the igbos and hausas are the only courages tribes in nigeria.

When there's nothing to say again they start chest beating.
angry sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by durangokid: 1:07pm On May 02, 2017
MosesIgb:

Presently the agitation is more from the Igbos. Akwa Ibomites and Cross Riverians were part of the Biafrans during the civil war, because they were part of the Old Eastern region. But we don't know their present stand in the formation of Biafra.
What people don't know is there is tributaries in aba, that led into the Atlantic Ocean.

3 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 02, 2017
durangokid:
What people don't know is there is tributaries in aba, that led into the Atlantic Ocean.

Go read your map well.
Imo river has links with the Atlantic ocean.
But the states that has boudaries with the part of Imo river that empties into the Atlantic is 2 SS states which are Rivers and Akwa Ibom.
No SE state has Boundary with the Atlantic.

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by paramakina202: 1:14pm On May 02, 2017
najoke:
kikiki.....Saw Kanu pics eating Amala & Ewedu with an Afonj that he so much love to hate........not with an Ohaneze or parents of the people who died during Biafra protest but with an AFONJA......and it was AMALA & EWEDU grin grin grin!!!

Biafuro who do una like this

FFK doesn't eat AMALA and GBEGIRI again since he married Precious Chikwendu grin.
Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 02, 2017
These are the States in Nigeria with direct boundaries with the Atlantic ocean. Starting from West to East;

Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River.

Every other state that wants to do anything via the Atlantic must negotiate with any of these states depending on where your cargo or whatever is coming from.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by arewaboy01(m): 1:26pm On May 02, 2017
anaton:
Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers are coastal areas and are part of Biafraland.On limited landmass,every Biafran must not relocate to the homeland;that's why we are preaching for peaceful dissolution of this contraption call Nigeria.
oga u must relocate
infact U'll b chased out of Nigeria

FG should just alllow dz people to go

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 02, 2017
Furthermore the state with the longest coast line in Nigeria is Bayelsa State.

The LGA with the longest coast line in Nigeria is Ibeno LGA of Akwa Ibom State.

1 Like

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by kingzizzy: 1:39pm On May 02, 2017
Ekinematics:

It's like you need a microscope to look at that map well.
Guess you ain't seeing the SS states on the boundaries of all those tributaries that link the rivers you mentioned to the Atlantic.

I guess you are blind to Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

Ships heading for Biafra will fly over these ND/SS states and land on your waterways then sail from there grin grin grin

The River Niger is an international waterway. Nobody can lay claim to it or its tributaries. So it doesnt matter through whose lands it flows through, anyone can use it. That is international law

If it were not for this, countries like Guinea, Mali and Benin would have claimed ownership of the River Niger because the River flows through those countries before it gets to Nigeria.

So it doesnt matter if the River Niger flows infront of your house, it can be used by anyone who it flows through their land as well. You can claim the land but the water belongs to nobody

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by ocelot2006(m): 1:52pm On May 02, 2017
Igboesika:

You are just one voice out of millions of people of Nig Delta that are seeking for freedom. Anyway, what you are doing is normal because, even in a family, there is always one person who frequently disagree with every issue. Afterall, there wouldn't be any word like " saboteur " if not people like you

And you, and Igbo man, speaks for us Akwa Ibomites and Cross Riverians.....care to tell us who gave you such authority? Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. The term "PARASITIC LEECHES" won't be there without folks like you.

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by ocelot2006(m): 1:55pm On May 02, 2017
anaton:

You guys don't have to beg to join because you are all part of Biafra.You don't beg for something that is rightfully yours.

Hehehehe.....please don't make me laugh. We are not interested. Now move on.

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by najoke: 1:56pm On May 02, 2017
paramakina202:

FFK doesn't eat AMALA and GBEGIRI again since he married Precious Chikwendu grin.
......kikikikiki.....LIEPOD grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by paramakina202: 2:00pm On May 02, 2017
najoke:

......kikikikiki.....LIEPOD grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na true o OPCheat!
wetin he wan take gbegiri do when he can eat better egusi soup with pounded yam? grin
Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by ocelot2006(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2017
Igboesika:

There are some questions that have obvious answers. So, asking such questions is laughable.
Again, which people do you refer as ND?

Isnt it funny that you demand for the recognition of a pipedream while you refuse to recognize ND/SS states and their ethnic groups? A region that ACTUALLY exist?

What the word I'm looking for.......oh yeah "HYPOCRISY".

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by SlayerForever: 2:20pm On May 02, 2017
[s]
Ekinematics:

[/s]

It will pass over your head akpa amu. Go and sit down vile thing
Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by Igboesika: 2:24pm On May 02, 2017
ocelot2006:

Isnt it funny that you demand for the recognition of a pipedream while you refuse to recognize ND/SS states and their ethnic groups? A region that ACTUALLY exist?

What the word I'm looking for.......oh yeah "HYPOCRISY".

And what steps have you taken to actualise your dream
?

What the word I'm looking for....... oh yeah
"COWARDICE"

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by SlayerForever: 2:28pm On May 02, 2017
[s]
Ekinematics:
These are the States in Nigeria with direct boundaries with the Atlantic ocean. Starting from West to East;

Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross River.

Every other state that wants to do anything via the Atlantic must negotiate with any of these states depending on where your cargo or whatever is coming from.
[/s]

These guy is a stark illiterate. So in your drunkard illiterate mind Biafra will have to negotiate throughway on an international waterway? Guy quit local gin and cultism and go to school

2 Likes

Re: Possibility Of Biafra Surviving On Their Own by ocelot2006(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2017
Igboesika:

And what steps have you taken to actualise your dream
?

What the word I'm looking for....... oh yeah
"COWARDICE"

And what dream will that? By the way, I wont use the term "CORWARD" to describe an average SS man. After all, a SS man had the balls to end that disastrous Civil War while your....uhmmm, "hero" ran to Abidjan. And we've proven to be outspoken in all our agitations, from the onshore/offshore dichotomy to the derivations for oil to the Niger Delta insurgency. Can't say same for you loud mouth IPOBians.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Tinubu Handle The Next Level Of Humiliation? / Ntoakwaibom Stop Spreading False News, Akwa Ibom State Observed Biafra Day / If This Is What Biafra Is About, I'm Out!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.