Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle (18122 Views)

Meet 10-year-old Sibahle Zwane Who Solves Maths Faster Than Calculator (photo) / ASUU Vows To Pursue Ongoing Strike To Logical Conclusion. / PHOTO: Best Student In Crop Production In EKSU Gets 2 Thousand Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by YungMillionaire: 1:07pm On May 04, 2017
This dude you are been dishonest. And its getting childish. You posted a problem and Akin claimed there was an easier way to solve IT (meaning that particular problem) without taking squares. He challenged you to come up with an easier method but you didn't. Then he posted his method which (compared to the taking of squares is far easier and does not require writing anything down). He even asked you to figure out the simple criteria for discarding non-solution pairs in the counting - and you could not figure it out. Now, it appears you are trying to say he claimed something he never did. Akin never said his method will yield non-integer solutions. He made it clear that IF an integer solution exists his method can find it faster than taking squares. Have you forgotten that, those of us on this thread a math lovers and we are following the thread very closely? Learn when/how to move on. It will serve you well in life. You lost this bout, just live to fight another day. Bro. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by CACAWA(m): 1:14pm On May 04, 2017
FisifunKododada:

lol how much is this one going for? You people u na no dey tire? Even the Akin that is the seminal subject of discourse has moved on. But come to think of it Cacawa - didn't Akin say (several times) that his quick/fast method will yield an integer solution IF one exists? So, why are you making it sound like he said his method was some 'almighty' formula? I think you are been dishonest here and its very obvious. Many of us are paying close attention to this thread because its fascinating - so trying to fool people with this passive aggressive lies won't work. smiley

Who says this one will not yield an integer answer??

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

So you want to use my method to find the answer and see if it actually an integer, before knowing whether your "counting" method will work??

And you call that an intelligent less than. One minute solution?

I thought you were gonna just count from 1 to 56, then when you notice that integers won't work, you then use my method.... I thought that was a very "creative" solution.

Lol.

I know you guys agree with me ... I'm just catching my fun replying you guys
Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by inschool(m): 1:17pm On May 04, 2017
to me akin is no more than a joke....let him go and. solve the unified field problem..

2 Likes

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by GodIsBiafran: 1:19pm On May 04, 2017
CACAWA:

Lol you really believe he solved that in less than a minute?
Yes - cos I tried it and I figure it out in about one and a half minute.

CACAWA:

Okay here you go, solve this in less than one hour, using same method.
√(x) + √(x+17) = 56
You still don't get it. Akin's method is the easiest/fastest to find an INTEGER solution IF one exists. Knowing that an INTEGER solution DNE is itself knowledge I did not have before counting. Then you can now use squaring both sides to solve for the solution (s) that exist. That is the genius we are talking about here not mindlessly punching numbers in calculators/taking squares etc. without thinking. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by inschool(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Isaac Newton said worst things and nobody doubts his genius. You think very intelligent people are always nice people? tongue
guy don't let the thunder of science strike you there...I have read many biographies of Sir Isaac Newton....and many other great scientists, he is one of the most humble and holy scientist who ever lived....He has never belittled anyone in open....not even Robert Hook (who was his constant opposition)
Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by CACAWA(m): 1:29pm On May 04, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

Yes - cos I tried it and I figure it out in about one and a half minute.

You still don't get it. Akin's method is the easiest/fastest to find an INTEGER solution IF one exists. Knowing that an INTEGER solution DNE is itself knowledge I did not have before counting. Then you can now use squaring both sides to solve for the solution (s) that exist. That is the genius we are talking about here not mindlessly punching numbers in calculators/taking squares etc. without thinking. tongue

solve this question and stop making noise jorr... Talkative lol

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by FisifunKododada: 1:29pm On May 04, 2017
inschool:

guy don't let the thunder of science strike you there...I have read many biographies of Sir Isaac Newton....and many other great scientists, he is one of the most humble and holy scientist who ever lived....He has never belittled anyone in open....not even Robert Hook (who was his constant opposition)
cheesy grin https://www.forbes.com/sites/rosspomeroy/2013/11/04/why-was-isaac-newton-such-a-jerk/#270e9f7d6e20 grin grin

Enjoy tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by GodIsBiafran: 1:35pm On May 04, 2017
CACAWA:
solve this question and stop making noise jorr... Talkative lol

x = 775.523 Happy now? grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by CACAWA(m): 1:37pm On May 04, 2017
inschool:

lol see what the so called Nairaland Mathematical genius is saying...
Lol...That pride won't let him agree that his "trial and error" method will take him absolutely no-where in life.

Okay let's even address the chicken and rabbit question...

Replace the word chicken with "a 4.5kg box" and the word rabbit with "a 2.4kg box"

Now let them use that method of carrying legs up and down again.
Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by CACAWA(m): 1:41pm On May 04, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

x = 775.523 Happy now? grin grin grin grin
swear that you Didn't use my method.

Swear that you used his "fastest intelligent creative" method.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by GodIsBiafran: 1:43pm On May 04, 2017
CACAWA:
swear that you Didn't use my method.

Swear that you used his "fastest intelligent creative" method.

Bia when did taking squares of both sides become your method? Your are deluded. grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by YungMillionaire: 1:48pm On May 04, 2017
GodisBiafra and Cacawa: PLEASE behave yourselves. No need for the insulting back and forth. Have your exchange without the very obvious condescension.

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by inschool(m): 1:49pm On May 04, 2017
CACAWA:

Who says this one will not yield an integer answer??

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!

So you want to use my method to find the answer and see if it actually an integer, before knowing whether your "counting" method will work??

And you call that an intelligent less than. One minute solution?

I thought you were gonna just count from 1 to 56, then when you notice that integers won't work, you then use my method.... I thought that was a very "creative" solution.

Lol.

I know you guys agree with me ... I'm just catching my fun replying you guys
exactly.... any reasonable mathematician would agree that counting method used by akin is just mere play.....should I say just to show another method...cos in the end one would still use the conventional method before using the so called "counting method"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by CACAWA(m): 1:52pm On May 04, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

Bia when did taking squares of both sides become your method? Your are deluded. grin grin grin
hahahha everyone knows what I meant by "my method"

So again my dear, why DOESNT YOU USING akinpsychiatrist method
Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by FisifunKododada: 1:53pm On May 04, 2017
When are we gonna discuss some fun math ideas. This preoccupation with Akin is not adding any cells to our brains. Someone needs to come into this thread and liven it up intellectually. Akin where art thou? CC: Akinphysicist cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by CACAWA(m): 1:56pm On May 04, 2017
FisifunKododada:
When are we gonna discuss some fun math ideas. This preoccupation with Akin is not adding any cells to our brains. Someone needs to come into this thread and liven it up intellectually. Akin where art thou? CC: Akinphysicist cheesy
you mean akinpsychiatrist
Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by YungMillionaire: 1:56pm On May 04, 2017
FisifunKododada:

My thoughts exactly. Too many children on this thread this morning. I just PMed Akin. My guess is he is on his way to work. I am leaving soon myself but FK try and liven things up. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by CACAWA(m): 1:57pm On May 04, 2017
YungMillionaire:

My thoughts exactly. Too many children on this thread this morning. I just PMed Akin. My guess is he is on his way to work. I am leaving soon myself but FK try and liven things up. cheesy
dude you are Akin yourself. Stop trying to be clever by half.
I know everyone on NL so watch who you lie to
Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by FisifunKododada: 1:58pm On May 04, 2017
CACAWA:
you mean akinpsychiatrist

Cacawa you really don't like Akin. Did he take something that belongs to you? grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by inschool(m): 2:01pm On May 04, 2017
FisifunKododada:

cheesy grin https://www.forbes.com/sites/rosspomeroy/2013/11/04/why-was-isaac-newton-such-a-jerk/#270e9f7d6e20 grin grin

Enjoy tongue
The ancestors of science will not forgive u on this...so you deliberately went on Google and searched for "Newton is controversial" or what ever word u used knowing too well that a blogger must have written something close and Google would not hesitate to pour them out for you...let me tell you that no one owns the internet....I can as well write gibberish and post online for any one to believe at his/her peril....
I invoke the holy sprit of science to give you strength to start reading published books in the name of our God of science .....Ameen...I rest my case
Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by YungMillionaire: 2:02pm On May 04, 2017
CACAWA:
dude you are Akin yourself.

okay sir is dat all? grin

CACAWA:

Stop trying to be clever by half.
No sir! You ALONE are the clever one here grin

CACAWA:

I know everyone on NL so watch who you lie to

Yes sir! You know EVERYONE in the UNIVERSE grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by GodIsBiafran: 2:05pm On May 04, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Cacawa you really don't like Akin. Did he take something that belongs to you? grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Oh lawd!!!!!!!!Cacawa has lost his mind. Akin has done a number of his psyche grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by GodIsBiafran: 2:07pm On May 04, 2017
YungMillionaire:
GodisBiafra and Cacawa: PLEASE behave yourselves. No need for the insulting back and forth. Have your exchange without the very obvious condescension.

The problematic one here is Cacawa. He keeps repeating himself and going around in circles. I actually like his passion for math but he is just too childish for my liking tongue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by FisifunKododada: 2:10pm On May 04, 2017
YungMillionaire:

Oh Lawd - please STOP. I am gonna hurt myself from sheer laughter grin grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by YungMillionaire: 2:13pm On May 04, 2017
Thank God Seun created Nairaland otherwise all these mentally unstable people will have nowhere to vent tongue

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by GodIsBiafran: 2:16pm On May 04, 2017
YungMillionaire:
Thank God Seun created Nairaland otherwise all these mentally unstable people will have nowhere to vent tongue

You don't wanna mention names but you and I know you are talking about the one and only COWCOW grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by FisifunKododada: 2:18pm On May 04, 2017
GodIsBiafran:

You don't wanna mention names but you and I know you are talking about the one and only COWCOW grin grin grin

Guys easy on Cacawa. I think he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. We are having fun here...no yawaz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by FisifunKododada: 2:21pm On May 04, 2017
inschool:

The ancestors of science will not forgive u on this...so you deliberately went on Google and searched for "Newton is controversial" or what ever word u used knowing too well that a blogger must have written something close and Google would not hesitate to pour them out for you...let me tell you that no one owns the internet....I can as well write gibberish and post online for any one to believe at his/her peril....
I invoke the holy sprit of science to give you strength to start reading published books in the name of our God of science .....Ameen...I rest my case

My guy this issue has been studied extensively. Go and do the research

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by inschool(m): 3:24pm On May 04, 2017
FisifunKododada:

My guy this issue has been studied extensively. Go and do the research
guy chill....am aware of the controversy b/w Newton and some of his contemporaries....but that is far from the way akin responds to critiques here or the way he take others here....
Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by inschool(m): 4:58pm On May 04, 2017
YungMillionaire:

Oga Khalid calm down

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by Horllamideh(m): 9:45pm On May 04, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
cool

Solution
Using simple logic: Imagine the animals all raise one leg. When this is done, there will be a total of 80 – 28 = 52 legs visible. Then imagine each of the animals raising a second leg, then there will be 52 – 28 = 24 legs left. Since the chickens have only two legs, all the 24 legs must belong to the rabbits. Now since the rabbits have already raised two legs, then each of the rabbits must be contributing 2 legs to the 24. Therefore there are 24 divided 2 = 12 rabbits. Therefore, since there are 28 animals in total, then there are 28 – 12 = 16 chickens.

Format mathematics method:
Let X be the number of Chickens and Y be the number of Rabbits. Here is the formal mathematical approach.
X + Y = 28 (1)
2X + 4Y = 80 (2)

Multiply eq.1 by 4:
4X + 4Y = 112 (3)
Subtract eq.2 from eq. 3:
2X = 112 – 80 => 2X = 32 => X = 16 therefore Y = 28 – 16 = 12.
Baba nla, mo tii ri ise yen......I really appreciate it. E ba mi dupe lowo Yungmillionaire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Offers 10 Thousand Naira For Anyone Who Solves This Logical Riddle by Horllamideh(m): 9:47pm On May 04, 2017
YungMillionaire:

Yes. I assume the name starting with C is your first name and your last name starts with O. Also mail me your phone number.
Yungmilli baba, thanks for the dough.....u will not sell Boeing private jet to buy Raleigh bicycle. I really appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

PTI Final Year Student Electrocuted While Installing Solar Panels / Making Money Tips As A Student In Campus.. / Abia State University Graduating Students Spray Money (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.