Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each (18709 Views)

Man Born Without Arms Graduates From The University (Photos) / Photos: Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor Kechi Okwuchi Graduates From College / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by miteolu(m): 10:37am On Jun 02, 2012
The beneficiaries were given N5 million each to engage in any study of their endeavours after being assured of automatic employment with the state government at the end of their studies.

The state governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan who released the fund to the state’s scholarship board for onward disbursement to the students promised to continue to fund scholarship scheme to encourage excellence in tertiary institutions in the state.

In his address, the state’s Commissioner for Higher Education, Professor Hope Eghagha said that the sum of over N296 million approved for the 2011 first class scholarship scheme was for five existing awardees and 47 new ones.

Prof Eghagha noted that the scholarship scheme was given out on merit just as he explained that nobody lobbied for it.

One of the beneficiaries, Mr. Michael Chijuka, who spoke on behalf of his colleagues thanked the state government for the kind gesture and promised that they would utilize the opportunity given them judiciously.

The governor also explained that the scholarship scheme was put in place to help build human capital and instil academic discipline in higher institutions.
source(http://www.nigerianeye.com/2012/06/47-first-class-graduates-from-delta.html?

4 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by miteolu(m): 11:19am On Jun 02, 2012
What happen to others? The same school fees were paid.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Businesstools(m): 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
When he did it last year,I thought it was a campain strategy.This year,he has done it again.Commendable!

2 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by asscend: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2012
miteolu: What happen to others? The same school fees were paid.

They did not get first class?

7 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by tnthommie(m): 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
Nice gesture.btw are the first class materials only females? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Ijeawele(m): 3:42pm On Jun 02, 2012
Gov.Uduaghan is committed 2wards educational growth in d state... This news is not a scam cos am a living witness 2 this
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
If this is true, then that man must be crazy, has any of u been to delta state? No work is done, bad roads

5 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2012
tnt_hommie: Nice gesture.btw are the first class materials only females? embarassed

The virgin Mary, I need to get one for my good self.

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Samsonferan: 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
Recommendable remark. This is what Lagos state should emulate, not instigating student to demonstrate over the renaming of their institution

3 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 02, 2012
odiaero: If this is true, [s]then that man must be crazy, has any of u been to delta state? No work is done, bad roads[/s]

The man should be praised. Government should not be reduced to road construction alone. So many folks from poor home who have the capacity to make a First Class see this gesture as a motivation to work hard. Not all of them will use the money to buy "Akara", some of them may actually make something big out of it if well spent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2012
Samsonferan: Recommendable remark. This is what Lagos state should emulate, [s]not instigating student to demonstrate over the renaming of their institution[/s]

Shut it, no one instigated students to protest against renaming of Unilag to Macaroni, it was spontaneous and largely driven by emotional attachment to the name, UNILAG.

5 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by ak47mann(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2012
that is very recommending cool cool
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by ebgbest(m): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2012
bayooooooo:

Shut it, no one instigated students to protest against renaming of Unilag to Macaroni, it was spontaneous and largely driven by emotional attachment to the name, UNILAG.
wat d result of der protest, maul or malu stand. Wen den spend 3month a semester at home der eye go open. Gr8test malu student
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by guonno: 3:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
Waste of money. 5 million is such a huge amount of money that if they invest it in that secondaty school called a university, it would produce lots of good students. First class doesnt mean a thing to me. Go and check most first class materials, and u will be baffled how they are doing. Delta state is good at trowing money around. Niger deltan militants is the worst, they is no difference between what they are doing there and the money our presidos and excos has "embezzlemented" fake government. If i was a govrnor i would give them instant job in the state and not raw cash.

5 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 02, 2012
guonno: Waste of money. 5 million is such a huge amount of money that if they invest it in that secondaty school called a university, it would produce lots of good students. First class doesnt mean a thing to me. Go and check most first class materials, and u will be baffled how they are doing. Delta state is good at trowing money around. Niger deltan militants is the worst, they is no difference between what they are doing there and the money our presidos and excos has "embezzlemented" fake government. If i was a govrnor i would give them instant job in the state and not raw cash.

I am not surprised!
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by monkeyleg: 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2012
Another cheap trick to decieve the foolish easily led plebs. when will people learn to see through stupid rhethorics. Can anyone really think this is a good idea
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by sirp2007: 4:13pm On Jun 02, 2012
uduaghan should learn 2 prioritize,there re so many issues begging 4 attention in delta state,yet he goes abt 2 dish out money to 1st class student many of wish cannot defend their grade.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
monkeyleg: Another cheap trick to decieve the foolish easily led plebs. when will people learn to see through stupid rhethorics. Can anyone really think this is a good idea

Please, tell us why it's not a good idea. Joke apart, I sincerely want to learn.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by guonno: 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
bayooooooo:

The man should be praised. Government should not be reduced to road construction alone. So many folks from poor home who have the capacity to make a First Class see this gesture as a motivation to work hard. Not all of them will use the money to buy "Akara", some of them may actually make something big out of it if well spent.
If road is the only thing that comes to ur mind when u here delta state or any state in nigeria, then u are just existing. Go to general hospital warri (not even the emergency unit), the people are so suffering, people die of common malaria, pregnant woman suffer a lot, most of the equip are outdates, no power, non chalant attitude of doctors which is due to underpayment. Private school is still flourishing(private school is almost dead in anambra and rivers state) while government school wich has more population is declining. The roads? Grrrrrr. Buy a new car today and u wont recognise it in 6 months time. Infact there are lots of things to be done there.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by nous(f): 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2012
It is true, i am a beneficiary of d scholarship. The money is meant for our postgraduate study in any part of the world. 36 benefitted last year, 47 of us enjoyed it this year.
The beautiful rhing is that it is up to Phd level. So if I decide ro do my Phd, I will get 5m p.a.
I am typing with my phone would have uploaded the letter. Maybe on Mon.

3 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 02, 2012
sir-p2007:
uduaghan should learn 2 prioritize,there re so many issues begging 4 attention in delta state,yet he goes abt 2 dish out money to 1st class student many of wish cannot defend their grade.

Again, I am not surprised!
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Akpan107(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
tnt_hommie: Nice gesture.btw are the first class materials only females? embarassed
Hmmm! Hope no lecturer tempard with them. They are looking good, especially the one at the right, and does it mean no guy get..... Where are the males? Cant see any. Abi na only females dey get first class?
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
odiaero: If this is true, then that man must be crazy, has any of u been to delta state? No work is done, bad roads

guonno: If road is the only thing that comes to ur mind when u here delta state or any state in nigeria, then u are just existing. Go to general hospital warri (not even the emergency unit), the people are so suffering, people die of common malaria, pregnant woman suffer a lot, most of the equip are outdates, no power, non chalant attitude of doctors which is due to underpayment. Private school is still flourishing(private school is almost dead in anambra and rivers state) while government school wich has more population is declining. The roads? Grrrrrr. Buy a new car today and u wont recognise it in 6 months time. Infact there are lots of things to be done there.

Again, I am not surprised.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by monkeyleg: 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
@Bayooo,

does this represent a good educational stratergy or plan to you. Picking 47 so called 1st class grads to award 5 million naira scholarship is mere token. You need to go and see what education in Delta state is like today, then you will understand why this is just another ill-thought through token gesture, designed to get the gullible locals singing the praises of an internationally accepted failure call uduaghan. after years of misrule by the despot and his brother, surely the common man should have aquired common sense by now, if not too bad.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by kenjudy(m): 4:26pm On Jun 02, 2012
From what am seeing in that pix, those ladie abi women looks like their wives to me ooo... U know what I mean. But which ever, he's done a little good thing but I would prefer lasting job opportunities rather than this.

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by tanimola22: 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
sir-p2007:

Na wa oh, there have been serious claims on nairaland nowadays. From the Economics/Finance thread, to the third class thread then now to the above highlighted comment.

Is it true that many solid degree holders are nitwits nowadays? Abeg someone should enlighten me. When we got our grades back in the days, we were everything but nitwits.

I am very perplexed with the claims that emanate from nairaland nowadays O. Somebody helep!!

T22

1 Like

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
nous: It is true, i am a beneficiary of d scholarship. The money is meant for our postgraduate study in any part of the world. 36 benefitted last year, 47 of us enjoyed it this year.
The beautiful rhing is that it is up to Phd level. So if I decide ro do my Phd, I will get 5m p.a.

Congrats the beautiful damsel, I want to say I love you in Jesus name! grin grin grin

If you want to further your studies, all you have to do is take and do well in GRE and TOEFL. You will get scholarships in North America even for the whole of your PhD years and will now use your five million naira to do something else.

3 Likes

Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by tanimola22: 4:33pm On Jun 02, 2012
nous: It is true, i am a beneficiary of d scholarship. The money is meant for our postgraduate s[b]tudy in any part of the world[/b]. 36 benefitted last year, 47 of us enjoyed it this year.

Hi, very big congrats to you and other beneficiaries. 5 million is a good amount of money. If you go for a two-year master's degree, say in the US, is it that you will get 5 million *2?

T22.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2012
monkeyleg: @Bayooo,

does this represent a good educational stratergy or plan to you. Picking 47 so called 1st class grads to award 5 million naira scholarship is mere token. You need to go and see what education in Delta state is like today, then you will understand why this is just another ill-thought through token gesture, designed to get the gullible locals singing the praises of an internationally accepted failure call uduaghan. after years of misrule by the despot and his brother, surely the common man should have aquired common sense by now, if not too bad.

Let me get your criticism clearly. Do you have problem with the concept or with the amount dished out? Then what would be your suggestions for Uduaghan to motivate the students coming out in flying colors?
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by buchibabe: 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
Pls I need help here. How do I post an important thread on nairaland.?
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by Afam4eva(m): 4:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
Why not offer this first class brains good jobs rather than dashing money like father Christmas. These politicians sef.
Re: 47 First Class Graduates From Delta State Get N5 Million Each by monkeyleg: 4:40pm On Jun 02, 2012
bayooooooo:

Let me get your criticism clearly. Do you have problem with the concept or with the amount dished out? Then what would be your suggestions for Uduaghan to motivate the students coming out in flying colors?

I have no suggestion for uduaghan, because the dunce is too dull to understand proper educational strategy, but to point you in the right direction, why dont you spend time investigating what he is doing for those who have to endure and live with the appaling standards of Education in the state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FUTO Admission 2013/2014 Thread / Can A Science Student Study Arts Courses? / Can He Study SLT With A D7 In Biology?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.