Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,233 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress (10132 Views)

The Truth Behind The Leaked Video Of Nnamdi Kanu With Uchechi Ukwu / Where IPOB Kept Ekweremadu's Cap In Germany After They Tore His Dress (photo / Nnamdi Kanu with prostitutes not Photoshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by backtosender: 12:17pm On May 02, 2017
Some schools in eastern part teach ancient alphabet nsibdi till today

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:31pm On May 02, 2017
Nkem4040:

Afonja...any mention of Igbo Jewish connection, infuriates them out of deep seated envy in them. Someone should show this envious thing the ObiGad archeological proof in Aguleri, Anambra state. Also let him know that Gad whose archeological proof is in Anambra can also be found in the bible. His sons names also in the bible are Igbo names...they are: Eri, Arodi, Areli, Ezegbon and Haggi. These are all Igbo names FOUND IN THE BIBLE. His first son Eri settled in what is today AgulEri named after him.

Afonja...show me any Yoruba town or name/ person whose name is in the bible?

Your pictures are funny, sha. grin But sorry to disappoint you, I'm from Oraukwu in Anambra, my mom is from Agulu, I grew up in New Haven and Independence Layout in Enugu before moving to Lagos, and I schooled in UNN. Nobody has ever looked more like an Igbo man than me. grin It's like looking at Mike Ezuruonye. It's tattooed on my forehead. So tey I don't even have an English name. But you can console yourself with whatever you like.

Those things you link are desperate. The Igbo tribe in pre-colonial times was easily one of the most primitive in this country. There was no Jewish identity then. There isn't any now. Stop trying to claim another culture because of your inferiority complex and your need to brag. Be proud of who you are. Jewish people don't give a flying fuuccck about you. In fact, Jews are some of the most racist people on the planet. Go ask Ethiopian Jews how they get along in Israel. Even Sephardic Jews are sneered at by the Ashkenazis.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:38pm On May 02, 2017
ezenwajosh:

EVEN THE BIBLE MENTIONED GAD AS ONE OF THE SONS OF JACOB AND MAYBE U DIDN'T ALSO KNOW WE HAVE OBU GAD IN NRI VILLAGE ITS THERE UPTIL TODAY EVEN THE BIBLE WILL TELL U GAD HAS CHILDREN NAMELY ARODI, ERI,AND THE REST OF IT. ....I VNT GONE THROUGH THAT DEEPLY BUT IT WILL CLEAR UR PATH AND U WILL BE SHAMEFUL TO KNOW THAT IGNORANCE IS REALLY AN EEMBARRASSMENT

Akuko.....leave that matter. Those are extremely tenuous links. Some Japanese names sound Igbo. They beat names like Ikechi and Oguchi. That doesn't suddenly mean we're descended from Japanese people. grin

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 02, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Akuko.....leave that matter. Those are extremely tenuous links. Some Japanese names sound Igbo. They beat names like Ikechi and Oguchi. That doesn't suddenly mean we're descended from Japanese people. grin

Guess ua out to make jokes..... Am not

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by NwannekaUloma(f): 1:01pm On May 02, 2017
This is becoming funny..even funnier because I am an Igbo gal and has no idea what you Igbo people are talking about
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:27pm On May 02, 2017
ezenwajosh:

Guess ua out to make jokes..... Am not

On the contrary, I'm dead serious. I'm not a bloody Jew. I'm Igbo. A proud Anambrarian and I brag about my state a lot. I can't belittle my identity and heritage by claiming another man's identity. All those Igbo men that carry around Israeli flags on their car dashboards are foolish, ignorant and should be ashamed of themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by pchukwudi: 1:32pm On May 02, 2017
Stop denying the existence of things you don't understand. The tendency to believe all things and the tendency to doubt all things, are both the easy routes used by mentally docile people to escape the task of thinking and researching.

The cultural and behavioral similarity between the Igbos and the Jews is very striking. Of course that does not automaticaly imply genetic connection. But it's equally wrong to dismiss that possibility without any concrete evidence to the contrary.

Obi1kenobi:

Your pictures are funny, sha. grin But sorry to disappoint you, I'm from Oraukwu in Anambra, my mom is from Agulu, I grew up in New Haven and Independence Layout in Enugu before moving to Lagos, and I schooled in UNN. Nobody has ever looked more like an Igbo man than me. grin It's like looking at Mike Ezuruonye. It's tattooed on my forehead. So tey I don't even have an English name. But you can console yourself with whatever you like.

Those things you link are desperate. The Igbo tribe in pre-colonial times was easily one of the most primitive in this country. There was no Jewish identity then. There isn't any now. Stop trying to claim another culture because of your inferiority complex and your need to brag. Be proud of who you are. Jewish people don't give a flying fuuccck about you. In fact, Jews are some of the most racist people on the planet. Go ask Ethiopian Jews how they get along in Israel. Even Sephardic Jews are sneered at by the Ashkenazis.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:54pm On May 02, 2017
pchukwudi:
Stop denying the existence of things you don't understand. The tendency to believe all things and the tendency to doubt all things, are both the easy routes used by mentally docile people to escape the task of thinking and researching.

The cultural and behavioral similarity between the Igbos and the Jews is very striking. Of course that does not automaticaly imply genetic connection. But it's equally wrong to dismiss that possibility without any concrete evidence to the contrary.

Mentally docile? grin On the contrary, I never join the sheep. I pride myself on being able to think for myself and I question everything. Mentally docile people are far more likely to parrot the Igbo Jewish connection. I've been hearing that nonsense since I was a child and if I was "mentally docile", I'd buy it hook, line and sinker. Thankfully, I'm not a sheep

And no, behavioral similarities are not "striking". Israel is a first world nation and Ashkenazi Jews have unparalleled influence on Western civilization over the past few centuries. Igbos are just another of a thousand poor tribes in Africa hustling and trying to make ends meet. There are no genetic links at all. If you can show me any, I'll close my mouth and never speak again. Igbos are clearly genetically close to their West and Central African neighbors. Even Jews that settled as far as Russia for over a thousand years and intermarried with Europeans have clear genetic links with the Semitic ancestors. There is absolutely no genetic link between Jews and Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by brown3: 3:06pm On May 02, 2017
prince985:
Everyday of this month must literally be MAY DAY for ewedu Muslims grin
handsome man.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Rossikk(m): 3:17pm On May 02, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

There is absolutely zero archaeological or anthropological or historical evidence that Igbos have any kind of Jewish ancestry. Zero. It's a claim driven by some combination of inferiority complex and our admiration of Jewish people and their resourcefulness and enterprise, plus religious links seeing as Christianity was birthed in Israel. And some shared sense of victimhood considering Jewish historical persecution and the feelings of many Igbos as persecuted people. It enhances the self-esteem and delusion of many Igbo people to link themselves with a so-called "chosen people". Please, stop it. We are Africans with firm roots in West Africa and our forefathers have never set foot on the Sahara, talk more of seeing the Mediterranean. We're not some lost tribe of Israel. We're facking IGBOS!
Shut the FCK up you white racist freak pretending to be one of us. Get lost with your fake colonial history. Africans KNOW their origins. We don't need YOU to tell us how we traveled.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Rossikk(m): 3:22pm On May 02, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Mentally docile? grin On the contrary, I never join the sheep. I pride myself on being able to think for myself and I question everything. Mentally docile people are far more likely to parrot the Igbo Jewish connection. I've been hearing that nonsense since I was a child and if I was "mentally docile", I'd buy it hook, line and sinker. Thankfully, I'm not a sheep

And no, behavioral similarities are not "striking". Israel is a first world nation and Ashkenazi Jews have unparalleled influence on Western civilization over the past few centuries. Igbos are just another of a thousand poor tribes in Africa hustling and trying to make ends meet. There are no genetic links at all. If you can show me any, I'll close my mouth and never speak again. Igbos are clearly genetically close to their West and Central African neighbors. Even Jews that settled as far as Russia for over a thousand years and intermarried with Europeans have clear genetic links with the Semitic ancestors. There is absolutely no genetic link between Jews and Igbos.
Bullshiit. Ashkenazi, ie WHITE "Jews" of modern Israel have ZERO links to the ancient Israelites. ZERO connections. They are "Jews" only by conversion to that faith. The original Jews were black semites, and the Bantu stock of black people are those semites. Dispersed from the Middle East in antiquity following multiple clashes with invaders and enslavers.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:46pm On May 02, 2017
Rossikk:
Bullshiit. Ashkenazi, ie WHITE "Jews" of modern Israel have ZERO links to the ancient Israelites. ZERO connections. They are "Jews" only by conversion to that faith. The original Jews were black semites, and the Bantu stock of black people are those semites. Dispersed from the Middle East in antiquity following multiple clashes with invaders and enslavers.

Yes. All those millions of Jews with their own Yiddish (and other related languages) language and Yiddish names and clearly identifiable, distinct physical looks, who were ghettoized in European communities unable to own land, and eventually rounded up, worked or starved or shot or gassed to death in the Nazi drive to create their pure master race were simply religious converts. grin That makes a whole lot of sense.

The overwhelming majority of people who identify as Ashkenazi Jews have clear genetic markers tracing their Semitic origin (usually patrilinealy). Common sense would tell you that many of them whose lineage have spent over 2000 years in Europe and mixed with local populations for several generations would have somewhat diluted Semitic heritage. A quick research of Ashkenazi Jewish history would educate you rather than peddling myths that I once ignorantly peddled.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by GrandGarcon: 3:48pm On May 02, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

These do not answer the question he asked. Do more research, the answer you provided is instead proving him right. There are black jews. Yes they do exist, are the igbos part of them? That is where research comes to play. I don't dismiss thing simply because I don't know.

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:54pm On May 02, 2017
Rossikk:
Shut the FCK up you white racist freak pretending to be one of us. Get lost with your fake colonial history. Africans KNOW their origins. We don't need YOU to tell us how we traveled.

No, they don't. I wish they did, but they don't. Many ethnicities South of the Sahara unfortunately don't have much of a written history. Your Nollywood which I've told you before is utterly useless would have been a great disseminator of history to the common man, but they spend most of their money shooting banal, sitting room drama and shouting about how they're the bestest movie industry ever. The knowledge void is then exploited by manipulative and often obscure Afrocentrist quasi scholars peddling fantasies based on spurious evidence.

There is zero evidence Igbo people have ever stepped foot on the Sahara or travelled the Mediterranean. Absolute fucckking zero. You can take that to the bank.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by papaejima1: 3:54pm On May 02, 2017
Nwa Cineke

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2017
GrandGarcon:
These do not answer the question he asked. Do more research, the answer you provided is instead proving him right. There are black jews. Yes they do exist, are the igbos part of them? That is where research comes to play. I don't dismiss thing simply because I don't know.

Maybe there were "black" Jews. Likely Cushitic people, like Ethiopian Jews with clear links to the Middle East. There were certainly no black Jews of Negro/Bantu stock. No ethnicity from West/Central Africa has any Jewish links. They are fantasies.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Rossikk(m): 4:24pm On May 02, 2017

16th century European map, showing West African forest regions as the "Kingdom of Judah".

THEY KNEW.

Learn more:

http://www.perfectman.org/judah-in-africa.html
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Rossikk(m): 4:35pm On May 02, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Maybe there were "black" Jews. Likely Cushitic people, like Ethiopian Jews with clear links to the Middle East. There were certainly no black Jews of Negro/Bantu stock. No ethnicity from West/Central Africa has any Jewish links. They are fantasies.
You're talking total BULLSHIIT. What about the Lemba Jews? They are very much Bantu blacks, who live in Malawi, Zimbabwe, and Southern Africa, and have very well established, undisputed links to ancient Israel.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by GrandGarcon: 4:39pm On May 02, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

That is what you think, Moses's wife Zipporah was a cushite. Yes she was black, at a time she was resented, and the resentment was led by Miriam, Moses's sister, but Jehovah intervened and struck Miriam with leprosy as a punishment.
Do you know that one of a potential candidates of the presidency of Congo Kinshasa is a black Jew? THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BE NARROW MINDED, The Apostle Paul said that the Jews in Beorea were noble minded and were wise unlike the Jews of Thesalonica because, after listening to Paul, they went home and cross checked to see if what they heard was true. They did not just accept Paul's preaching but verified if it was scriptural. Which implies that they went home and did THEIR OWN RESEARCH. I don't know if we Igbos are jews or not, I don't dismiss it either because evidences point both ways.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Curlieweed: 4:44pm On May 02, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

Actually the Lemba in Zimbabwe are "Bantu" but have verifiable Hebrew genetic markers. Traditionally, they also engaged in a number of Jewish practices. Apparently, phenotypical changes do occur over millennia due to interbreeding. The Ashkenazi are white, while Shephardic are brown.

However, that is an aside. I am Igbo and from my own research, we have absolutely nothing to do with Hebrews. We speak a Niger/Congo language while Hebrew is an Afro-Asiatic language.

Our core religious practices are very similar to our Kwa speaking cousins. The words for core religious concepts can better illustrate this. Arushi/Alusi is deity in Igbo and Orisha for deity in Yoruba. Afa for divination in Igbo vs Ifa for divination in Yoruba. Medicine, Ogwu (Igbo), Ogun(Yoruba). These similarities are clear pointers to a common origin.

Any similarities may be because the Hebrew apparently spent some time in and borrowed heavily from Egypt which itself was an authentic African culture.

I feel embarrassed when people talk about Igbo being Jews. It's actually quite irritating.

P.S. I'm not the Mike Ezuruonye type of Igbo. I am very, very dark skinned.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Curlieweed: 4:52pm On May 02, 2017
prince985:
nsibidi is not a language like French and English...it is a handwriting like "Igbo alphabets"
It is written according to sylabbles..u could start by learning how to write ur Igbo name

I didn't see Curlieweed in your list. Curlieweed is an authentic Igbo name.

Now update your list quick, quick D:
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Rossikk(m): 4:58pm On May 02, 2017
Curlieweed:

Actually the Lemba in Zimbabwe are "Bantu" but have verifiable Hebrew genetic markers. Traditionally, they also engaged in a number of Jewish practices. Apparently, phenotypical changes do occur over millennia due to interbreeding. The Ashkenazi are white, while Shephardic are brown.

However, that is an aside. I am Igbo and from my own research, we have absolutely nothing to do with Hebrews. We speak a Niger/Congo language while Hebrew is an Afro-Asiatic language.

Our core religious practices are very similar to our Kwa speaking cousins. The words for core religious concepts can better illustrate this. Arushi/Alusi is deity in Igbo and Orisha for deity in Yoruba. Afa for divination in Igbo vs Ifa for divination in Yoruba. Medicine, Ogwu (Igbo), Ogun(Yoruba). These similarities are clear pointers to a common origin.

Any similarities may be because the Hebrew apparently spent some time in and borrowed heavily from Egypt which itself was an authentic African culture.

I feel embarrassed when people talk about Igbo being Jews. It's actually quite irritating.

You need to do more research. There is indisputable evidence of Igbo connections to ancient Israel. They likely spent centuries in Egyptian captivity, hence their adoption of African traits including language, religion and customs.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Curlieweed: 5:22pm On May 02, 2017
Rossikk:
You need to do more research. There is indisputable evidence of Igbo connections to ancient Israel. They likely spent centuries in Egyptian captivity, hence their adoption of African traits including language, religion and customs.

If we have these connections to Isreal you mentioned. How do you explain the fact that there is evidence that we were living in our homeland before the assumed Jewish exodus from Egypt?

You are being fooled by the discredited Hamitic hypothesis which purports that all signs of apparent civilization in sub-Saharan Africa are actually due to some wondering light skinned people.

One interesting example has to do with the iron smelting. For years, Eurocentric scholars have claimed that all manner of light skinned people actually introduced iron smelting to Africans not withstanding the abundance of iron ore on the continent (the pervasive red colour of the African soil should be a quick give away). Recent archeological findings are proving that iron smelting in Africa (including evidence from the Nsukka area) were contemporaneous ( or even earlier) with the earliest findings from anywhere in the world meaning that they couldn't have flowed from those places.

PS I have nothing against light skinned people but I get to defend my own ooh
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Notasyouthink: 5:25pm On May 02, 2017
prince985:
Lugard really dealt with us our writing skill which is insibidi has now gone extinct because of selfishness of the British.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by backtosender: 5:28pm On May 02, 2017
Rossikk:
I totally agree with you.....they're mostly converted to Judaism if you can remember after the fall of roman empire!the barbarians' and other tribes scattered around European continent there were tribal wars within them.....Alkanazi Jews where mostly converts to Judaism only God knows reasons they did that but history tells us that they finance most European kings from there they started investment banking system in both European and American.....this is how they conquered world financial market till date..I believe that some of them have Hebrew blood in them for Alkanazi to go this far

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:55pm On May 02, 2017
Curlieweed:

I stand corrected on the Lemba. I'm always open to verifiable fact. And I agree with everything else you've said.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by bukifemi1: 5:57pm On May 02, 2017
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Obi1kenobi(m): 5:59pm On May 02, 2017
Rossikk:

Indisputable? Egyptian captivity? grin I've warned you again and again about those quack Afrocentrist historians with zero credibility in the academic community, but you no dey hear word. This one even sounds like your own preposterous theorizing. What was the state of Igbo civilization when the colonialists arrived here? Use your fucckking head! What in the world showed you they were anything other than another Niger-Congo group?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by pchukwudi: 6:21pm On May 02, 2017
How convenient.

Do you have any genetic evidence to prove that Igbos are NOT connected to the Jews? No.

But why are you so sure that there was no connection in spite of countless obvious similarities? Egoism.

So you see, there's no difference between the person who believes (without seeing any evidence to the affirmative) and you who disbelive (but also without seeing any evidence to the contrary).

So what's the right attitude here? Open mindedness.

Thus making a rebuttal statement of finality when you have no factual evidence to back it up makes you appear less than objective. The fact that you do not follow a popular view like a sheep does not in itself make you a clear thinker, it simply makes you a skeptic, nay-saying mocker. And that's a world apart from being a smart independent THINKER.

And talking about similarities, here you go:

https://www.nairaland.com/2571101/cultural-resemblance-between-igbo-israel

http://chatafrik.com/articles/nigerian-affairs/the-igbo-and-jewry#.WQixiego9oN

http://obindigbo.com.ng/2014/06/comparative-study-igbo-isreal/

https://www.nairaland.com/1849842/those-still-doubting-igbo-jewish

See, I perfectly undetstand that this topic can be extremely offensive to some people. Personally I feel so unconcerened about it. But regardless, I think shutting it down - without reaching a conclusive end - may not be the best way to go.

Obi1kenobi:

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 02, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

On the contrary, I'm dead serious. I'm not a bloody Jew. I'm Igbo. A proud Anambrarian and I brag about my state a lot. I can't belittle my identity and heritage by claiming another man's identity. All those Igbo men that carry around Israeli flags on their car dashboards are foolish, ignorant and should be ashamed of themselves.

IF U WANT TO LEARN WHAT THEY DON'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH ONLINE..... EVERYBODY HAS ITS ROOT...... Igbo anambra didn't just appear...... Igbo history is what u won't get in school search online and see some documentaries

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by FemiFimile: 6:24pm On May 02, 2017
prince985:

Nsibidi actually looks like chinese. lalasticlala fp

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu With Nsibidi Encryptions On His Dress by Unimaginable123: 6:29pm On May 02, 2017
Dilijingsly:
I love this man
me too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG To Borrow $1.2 Billion For Agricultural Mechanisation, Others / President Buhari's Eid-El-Kabir Message To Nigerians / FG Allocates N5.9tn To Education, Health, Defence, Infrastructure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.