Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) (68421 Views)

Anthony Joshua Visits Akarigbo Of Remo Babatunde Ajayi In Sagamu (Photos) / 1000 Viewers Storm Anthony Joshua’s Family House In Sagamu, Ogun State / Pic.Meet Anthony Joshua Family In Nigeria And Reactions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:10am On May 02, 2017
Disneylady:

which gbayi? he just typed rubbish.....Ijebu is different from Remo. Sagamu, Ikenne, Ode, IPERU, Ishara,Ipara,Ilara,Ilisan, Ogere etc are Remo while the Ijebus are the Ijebu ode, Odogbolu, Igbo, Oru, Ijebu Ijesha, Ososa, Aiyepe, Imushin, Ishiwo, Ife, Akaka, Modi Mosan, Ijebu waterside, Ago iwoye and so on. Them plenty. The Remos were the first settlers of those lands, the Ijebus came and meet them there ni and there dialect is a bit different if you are familiar with them

get your facts right joor

Jesu!

laugh want kill me!

met who where? First go and research about the owu war and how the ijebus helped defeat the owus after they had ravaged ife.

also they met them there and an akarigbo of yours got his crown from the awujale? aunty you too think am na.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:16am On May 02, 2017
lagosrd:

Hey your facts straight ijebus and remos are not the same origin
Remo........ Ile ife
Ijebus.......... Sudanese
But for political reasons ijebus Remo was coined likewise egba and yewas preferably called egbados

It is a lie go and read how the first Akarigbo got his crown.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Untainted007: 11:17am On May 02, 2017
BermudaTriangle:

Grade A Bad Bele

Don't get it wrong Oga, this is not the issue of bad belle. Bloggers are fond of trying to make news out of everything. Of what news or benefits is it trying to show us his family house. Fine the guy is from Ogun state and I'm proud to be a Yoruba man too. But why going far to say this his family house. Don't you have a family house also, everybody do? Let's celebrate the guy in a special way not by telling us we should see his family house. Does that add to the guy's reputations?
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:26am On May 02, 2017
lagosrd:

Remo........ Ile ife
But for political reasons ijebus Remo was coined likewise egba and yewas preferably called egbados
I learnt that Ijebus came to the rescue of Ifes during wars. Could those Ifes be the Remos?
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by TundeCole(m): 11:26am On May 02, 2017
phkka1:
Tony Joshua Chukwuemeka.

Wait! Dem swear for your destiny?

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Guestlander: 11:28am On May 02, 2017
Ajewealth123:
infact na front of your house he dey.
Who doesn't want to associate with success.
If to say na terrorist na,u no go talk am o.

Kai sharp sharp,dem don give am title come add him full names both given and dashed

That poster is obviously not new.
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:31am On May 02, 2017
Vorpal:

Jesu!

laugh want kill me!

met who where? First go and research about the owu war and how the ijebus helped defeat the owus after they had ravaged ife.

also they met them there and an akarigbo of yours got his crown from the awujale? aunty you too think am na.
Which confirms the fact that the Remos are Ifes. The fact that the Ijebus rescued the Ifes from Owu does not make them Ijebus. They are Ifess.

The is just like Anioma Igbos and Igbos.
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by IamOpemipo(m): 11:34am On May 02, 2017
bebe2:
Awww

My newest found love, AS A BROTHER A BROTHER ooo cheesy cheesy, I no want Nairaland bashing, I senior the pikin.

I have been watching his video clips on Facebook, the training routine that body goes thru is shocking to me.

Me wey go spend 2hrs for gym, without breaking a single sweat, I just sit there and watch all the goings and comings grin grin, lord give me strength.

Pls send me the link
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Equal2DeTask(m): 11:34am On May 02, 2017
ericmor:
Make una no deceive this guy and make him come naija like Samuel peter, bcs I can't remember Samuel winning any fight after coming and since then, I never hear anything about him anymore. Make una just let d guy be abeg

Bros I'm still looking on u oo wink
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by arsenal33: 11:38am On May 02, 2017
debuscket:

it's Remo not ijebu

this house is just a stone throw from mine at cinema road. congrats bro

His grandfather owned the cinema on that road
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:46am On May 02, 2017
walexy100:

Which confirms the fact that the Remos are Ifes. The fact that the Ijebus rescued the Ifes from Owu does not make them Ijebus. They are Ifess.

The is just like Anioma Igbos and Igbos.

Mr

Go back and check the earlier posts I made in this thread, do not pick this one that suits your criticism.

Ijebus helped ife defeat the owus, they(the ijebu warriors sent by the awujale) returned to the present day land called remo(at the time was a military outpost). They even further drove the egbas as a result of the fallout of the ibadan war until a boundary was made.

It's all documented in history. Go and understand where the squabbles began from.
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by bigfather(m): 11:53am On May 02, 2017
Disneylady:

which gbayi? he just typed rubbish.....Ijebu is different from Remo. Sagamu, Ikenne, Ode, IPERU, Ishara,Ipara,Ilara,Ilisan, Ogere etc are Remo while the Ijebus are the Ijebu ode, Odogbolu, Igbo, Oru, Ijebu Ijesha, Ososa, Aiyepe, Imushin, Ishiwo, Ife, Akaka, Modi Mosan, Ijebu waterside, Ago iwoye and so on. Them plenty. The Remos were the first settlers of those lands, the Ijebus came and meet them there ni and there dialect is a bit different if you are familiar with them

get your facts right joor

Dem be Ijebu in all !

Oya you too Wa Gbayi.......
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:54am On May 02, 2017
BermudaTriangle:

I say Amen for you. You gotta nice disposition to life. May God help you to fulfill your +ve destinies in life.
thank you brother .. Blessings too u
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:56am On May 02, 2017
idioticmynd44:
You need to work hard & stop wasting your energy fuckinng ashewo
o Jesus have mercy on this brother.. I don't fucvk ashawo ooo biko kwa
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:59am On May 02, 2017
debuscket:

it's Remo not ijebu

this house is just a stone throw from mine at cinema road. congrats bro
Everybody is now claiming relationship. D guy's father is British. It's his mother dat hails from Yoruba, although he had spent a better part of his teenage yrs in Nigeria.
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Oblang(m): 12:06pm On May 02, 2017
IkpuMmadu:
But Ijebus said that they are not yoruba ..so why claim him ?

Ijebu is Biafra according to liepods...
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by BermudaTriangle(m): 12:19pm On May 02, 2017
Untainted007:

Don't get it wrong Oga, this is not the issue of bad belle. Bloggers are fond of trying to make news out of everything. Of what news or benefits is it trying to show us his family house. Fine the guy is from Ogun state and I'm proud to be a Yoruba man too. But why going far to say this his family house. Don't you have a family house also, everybody do? Let's celebrate the guy in a special way not by telling us we should see his family house. Does that add to the guy's reputations?

Okay. Oodua.
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Disneylady(f): 12:25pm On May 02, 2017
Vorpal:

Jesu!

laugh want kill me!

What happened to the modern day Ilorin? why are they mostly classified as Fulani? Why arent they using the typical "Yoruba crown" instead of the Turban?...it happens whereby strangers overthrow the land owners...the issue of Awujale crowning the Akarigbo is pure politics. go do research more jare
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by visi123: 12:40pm On May 02, 2017
Success attract people. If you don't have friends now, be successful then millions of people will associate with you
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by arabaribiti(m): 12:57pm On May 02, 2017
Zeinymira:

There are two ijebus; Ijebu Remo(ipara, shagamu, Isara e.t.c) and Ijebu weri( ijebuode, Ijebu mushin, e.t.c)

Sister so ilisan and ikenne are not remo, I won't say anything
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 02, 2017
Disneylady:

What happened to the modern day Ilorin? why are they mostly classified as Fulani? Why arent they using the typical "Yoruba crown" instead of the Turban?...it happens whereby strangers overthrow the land owners...the issue of Awujale crowning the Akarigbo is pure politics. go do research more jare

Which politics? Ilorin is a wrong analogy to use because ilorin was conquered by the Fulani's. It was severed from the soveriegnty of the Oyo empire.

Remo was not even in existence prior to the Owu/Ife war. It was after the war Remo came into existence as a military outpost given it's location and it's proximity to expel invaders. That's is why hinterland ijebu were untouched by the various yoruba wars at the time and why there was NO free born Ijebu blood ever taken as slave. In time past, it was even an abomination for a foreigner to walk through the kingdom.

When the British came and brought trade, the Remo and ijebu igbo axis as well as ikorodu, epe and lekki became lucrative trading posts and the ijebu wanted sole control of those posts. After the disagreement it led to a war which saw lekki, epe annexed to Lagos state. Prior to that, ijebus controlled the seaport trade hence why they had superior arms than others.

As a result, the remos sought for a crown cause they wanted to be independent from ijebus cause of profit and power. They then went to meet the ooni at the time for the crown instead of the awujale. It should be noted to you that, the ooni messengers had to first inform the awujale cause they were entering his territory and inform him of their intention which angered the awujale and summoned the akarigbo to come explain himself.

There was no political reason as to why it was the awujale who crowned him. It was just a case of pure ambition and disregard for higher authority that the akarigbo sought for the ooni's hand. If it were truly a political move, how is it that then and now, the ooni is still more politically recognised than the awujale or even the alaafin? That political clout should have overrode the authority of the awujale crowning him.

And to add to it the remo colluded with the British to help them annex them from ijebu in return the annexed ikorodu to Lagos state. It's all documented.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by yeye142: 1:05pm On May 02, 2017
Iyenfo omo ilu mi n wa, I thought as much, omo won ni sagamu,eeeeehh, Remo agbeni ooooo.
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Zeinymira(f): 1:06pm On May 02, 2017
arabaribiti:

Sister so ilisan and ikenne are not remo, I won't say anything
Didn't you see etcetera?
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by African101(m): 1:16pm On May 02, 2017
Don't mind those guys, they don't really knows Remo and Ijebu history, they are just blabbering. How can Ijebus who are not typical yoruba crown Akarigbo, ijebu-igbo, Ago-iwoye etc is superior to ijebu ode when talking about typical yorubas. The Awujale uses his forces n the population to conquer towns around him and became the ruler, he forced other surrounding towns to answer as ijebus. The Remos fought so hard and liberate their self from Awujale. The Awujale's who migrated from Wadai don't have a crown, so, he behead orimolusi and took his crown. The awujale's crown belongs to Orimolusi of Ijebu-Igbo.
The Obas of Remo have been in existence since the founding of the Ijebu Kingdom by a prince of Oyo named Obanta and the arrival of the Prince Akarigbo to the western area of the kingdom roughly around the early 16th century. The title given to the Obas of Sagamu, Akarigbo, is in honor of this first prince of their line.
The original seat of the Akarigbos was in the area of Remo near Offin, two towns located further to the west of the present seat of rulership. With the advent of the slave trade in Dahomey and the wars between the Chiefs of Abeokuta and the Kings of Dahomey, a mass exodus of Yorubas from the areas of Abeokuta and western Dahomey began to migrate eastward thus enfusing the population of the area’s subject to the control of the Akarigbos. Further adding to the instability, were the collapse of the Kingdom of Oyo to the north of the Ijebus and the Jihads of the Hausaland led by the Fulani Caliph Usman dan Fodio. To combat these threats, the Akarigbo and the leaders of various groups founded the present city of Sagamu as safehaven for persons fleeing the fighting in the north and west.
Towns like Ikorodu, Imota, Ijede, Gbogbo, Ikosi, Ibese and Agbowa mentioned as part of ijebu towns are not. These towns were the creation of the Akarigbo Koyelu. Akarigbo Koyelu was very important in Remo history. Akarigbo Koyelu reigned at Okun Owa. Akarigbo Koyelu compared favourably with the European explorers like Prince Henry the Navigator of the Aviz Dynasty of Portugal during the fifteenth century.
He organised his hunters to explore the neighbouring land from his administrative seat at Okun Owa.
The assertion says that the hunters under their leader Ayieta explored some of the neighbouring land for the Akarigbo. There was a time he looked forward and observed that both the land and the sky touched each other. He went back to Okun Owa the seat of the Akarigbo to inform him that he had got to a place where the earth and the sky touch themselves. On the information, the Akarigbo left his administrative seat in search of the place where the earth and the sky are touching. He arrived at the place and was of the opinion that the earth and the sky are touching each other. He called his Ifa priest to divine what the issue was and the Ifa informed him that it is water. He then used his walking stick to touch the place and it is water. This was how the lagoon was discovered by Akarigbo Koyelu. Koyelu did not only discover the lagoon at the place we call Ipakodo today, he also settled down. He founded a community there. From Ipakodo, Ikorodu was founded. Oga, a son of Akarigbo Koyelu was left there when Akarigbo was asked to return to his Administrative headquarter at Okun Owa. Koyelu left, and after a strenuous trek back, he died at Igbosoro, hence, he did not reach Okun Owa again. All the towns mentioned around Ikorodu are the creation of the Akarigbo, hence, they are not part of the Remo Traditional towns.
When the Lagos Crown Government came and requested the cession of the area in 1894, Sir Gilbert Carter signed a separate agreement with the Akarigbo Oyebajo releasing Ikorodu and its environs to the Lagos Government. Imota, Agbowa, Ikosi, Ijede, Igbogbo, Ibese and Ikorodu were the creation of the Akarigbo. They are Remo towns by creation. Irrespective of the fact that they are in Lagos State today, many of them still do their farming in the present day Sagamu Local Government.

Disneylady:

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by BabaO2: 1:38pm On May 02, 2017
yinkslinks:
Yeye Nigerians should be shamed of themselves because he doesn't even see himself as olaseni and oluwafemi. When he was nobody, they threw him away like trash.
Not true. He has always been proud of his tribe, go and watch eg his YouTube response to Dllian whyte's comment
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Tjohnnay: 1:46pm On May 02, 2017
Efe nor dey trend again? Nw na joshua? Isokay
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Tfbaby(m): 1:48pm On May 02, 2017
Nigerians can dig deep ehn.........everybody now wants to be associated with Mr Joshua even those that never believed in him
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Biggsam01: 1:49pm On May 02, 2017
Meet Lionel Messi’s Iranian ‘Brother’ Who Looks Exactly Like Him (Photos)

See More Photos @

enter10mentextra.com

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by firebrand: 4:09pm On May 02, 2017
Remo........ Ile ife

The Remos are not Ijebu. There are distinct 33 cities that made up the original remos, hence the sayings "Remo metalelogbon", meaning the 33 remos. All the crowns of these obas were from Ile-Ife. They migrated together from Iremo quarters in Ile Ife to their present location and they retain their original identity of remo. That is why Ikenne is not complete until it is pronounced as Ikenne-Remo, likewise Ogere, Ode, Ilisan etc. Akarigbo is their leader and was never crowned by Awujale. From day one, it has been Akarigbo of Remoland, it was the british that coined ijebu remo for their administrative purpose. "The history of Yorubas" authored by Samuel Johnson would be of great help here.

You can never hear Ijebu Ikenne or Ijebu Sagamu as it preceeds many ijebu towns and cities. This alone should be an eye opener that they are different ethnic group entirely.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by SirShymexx: 4:54pm On May 02, 2017
firebrand:

Remo........ Ile ife

The Remos are not Ijebu. There are distinct 33 cities that made up the original remos, hence the sayings "Remo metalelogbon", meaning the 33 remos. All the crowns of these obas were from Ile-Ife. They migrated together from Iremo quarters in Ile Ife to their present location and they retain their original identity of remo. That is why Ikenne is not complete until it is pronounced as Ikenne-Remo, likewise Ogere, Ode, Ilisan etc. Akarigbo is their leader and was never crowned by Awujale. From day one, it has been Akarigbo of Remoland, it was the british that coined ijebu remo for their administrative purpose. "The history of Yorubas" authored by Samuel Johnson would be of great help here.

You can never hear Ijebu Ikenne or Ijebu Sagamu as it preceeds many ijebu towns and cities. This alone should be an eye opener that they are different ethnic group entirely.

This is why I hate Nigeria and the useless politics that keeps balkanising people and old kingdoms where all the people lived happily together as one. Just shut the fvck up. You and your fellow illiterates need to stop posting nonsense. My mum is Remo from Iperu-remo and my dad is Ijebu-Epe and all my life the both of them have always claimed Ijebu, and that's what we all grew up claiming.

Remo and all the other Ijebu enclaves in Lagos have always been part of the Ijebu Kingdom. The kingdom was broken into three - Epe, Ikorodu, and Ijebu Ode administrative units by the colonial Brits after the Ijebu kingdom was defeated. Ijebu-Remo was grouped under the Ikorodu administrative unit, while Ijebu waterside was under Epe administrative unit, and the rest were under Ijebu-Ode until it was later made the Ijebu province. And subsequently, the Akarigbo's throne was upgraded to a first class king due to politics.

Also, all the crowns that came from Ife came after that. Meaning: they're all 20th century crowns. You lot need to shut the fvck up - Ijebu, Ijebu-remo, and Ijebu waterside are all one people. The fact that Awolowo was a Remo man from Ikenne and he said he's an Ijebu man before anything else adds credence to it.

I don't understand the stupidity on this thread. Nigeria just made you heifers so dumb that you'd rather fight unnecessary fights, than embrace what makes you one...which is the dialect/history. And if you're ignorant, how about pick up a book about Ijebu kingdom in pre-colonial Nigeria and read?

Mehn fvck Nigeria, the useless politics and functional illiterates the country keeps churning out.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by African101(m): 5:14pm On May 02, 2017
Only illiterates abuse or insult others to pass a message

SirShymexx:

This is why I hate Nigeria and the useless politics that keeps balkanising people and old kingdoms where all the people lived happily together as one. Just shut the fvck up. You and your fellow illiterates need to stop posting nonsense. My mum is Remo from Iperu-remo and my dad is Ijebu-Epe and all my life the both of them have always claimed Ijebu, and that's what we all grew up claiming.

Remo and all the other Ijebu enclaves in Lagos have always been part of the Ijebu Kingdom. The kingdom was broken into three - Epe, Ikorodu, and Ijebu Ode administrative units by the colonial Brits after the Ijebu kingdom was defeated. Ijebu-Remo was grouped under the Ikorodu administrative unit, while Ijebu waterside was under Epe administrative unit, and the rest were under Ijebu-Ode until it was later made the Ijebu province. And subsequently, the Akarigbo's throne was upgraded to a first class king due to politics.

Also, all the crowns that came from Ife came after that. Meaning: they're all 20th century crowns. You lot need to shut the fvck up - Ijebu, Ijebu-remo, and Ijebu waterside are all one people. The fact that Awolowo was a Remo man from Ikenne and he said he's an Ijebu man before anything else adds credence to it.

I don't understand the stupidity on this thread. Nigeria just made you heifers so dumb that you'd rather fight unnecessary fights, than embrace what makes you one...which is the dialect/history. And if you're ignorant, how about pick up a book about Ijebu kingdom in pre-colonial Nigeria and read?

Mehn fvck Nigeria, the useless politics and functional illiterates the country keeps churning out.
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by SirShymexx: 5:21pm On May 02, 2017
African101:
Only illiterates abuse or insult others to pass a message

You're an i.diot. You can't even spell but you're one of the principal functional illiterates who derailed the thread by spamming useless pseudo-history on it. Are you even Ijebu-Remo or Ijebu?

Even if you're dumb: the fact that there's Ode-Remo, Ijebu Ode, and Ode-omi (for Ijebu waterside) shows anywhere there's an "Ode", it's an Ijebu area.

Why did you pricks derail the thread, anyway? Effing miscreants.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Nigeria: Man Of The Match / Anthony Joshua Trains Hard, Flaunts Amazing Physique Ahead Of Andy Ruiz Rematch / Cesc Fabgeras Weds Daniella Semaan, Mother Of Five (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.