Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) (68418 Views)

Anthony Joshua Visits Akarigbo Of Remo Babatunde Ajayi In Sagamu (Photos) / 1000 Viewers Storm Anthony Joshua’s Family House In Sagamu, Ogun State / Pic.Meet Anthony Joshua Family In Nigeria And Reactions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by eedriyz(m): 5:21pm On May 02, 2017
Zeinymira:

There are two ijebus; Ijebu Remo(ipara, shagamu, Isara e.t.c) and Ijebu weri( ijebuode, Ijebu mushin, e.t.c)

There is Ijebu and there is Remo. Ijebu-Remo is a Senatorial District combining both kingdoms

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by sshalom(m): 6:17pm On May 02, 2017
Joshua omo alaren....Ijebu re wa o! grin grin grin
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 02, 2017
Kobicove:
Are you sure that is his family house?

This guy is from a privileged background not some pauper

Lol! The house clearly shows his great grandfather was rich. So u think all those "brown roof" houses u guys make fun of are full of poor people & families??

Those are family homes, built in the 30's, 40's & 50's. Nobody destroys & rebuilds family homes. My father lives in the US, but my grandfathers house in d village looks exactly like this. No one lives there since his last wife died. And NO ONE is going to destroy it.
Most of his many children are all over d place wt houses all over d place, some even have big houses in d village, but everyone points to my grandfathers house as their family home. In yorubaland, DT is very important.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by nisai: 6:54pm On May 02, 2017
Ralphlauren:

stop deceiving yourself.

you cannot change historc facts.

Remo is 100% ijebu.

Ijebu Remo is Ijebu Remo.

its a world known fact amongst the ijebus that the Remos are the most wicked, unforgiving and brutal of all ijebus. grin grin you are only wasting your time trying to dissociate yourself from the ijebus.

embrace your heritage and be proud of it cheesy wink
No mind am
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by nisai: 7:06pm On May 02, 2017
SirShymexx:

This is why I hate Nigeria and the useless politics that keeps balkanising people and old kingdoms where all the people lived happily together as one. Just shut the fvck up. You and your fellow illiterates need to stop posting nonsense. My mum is Remo from Iperu-remo and my dad is Ijebu-Epe and all my life the both of them have always claimed Ijebu, and that's what we all grew up claiming.

Remo and all the other Ijebu enclaves in Lagos have always been part of the Ijebu Kingdom. The kingdom was broken into three - Epe, Ikorodu, and Ijebu Ode administrative units by the colonial Brits after the Ijebu kingdom was defeated. Ijebu-Remo was grouped under the Ikorodu administrative unit, while Ijebu waterside was under Epe administrative unit, and the rest were under Ijebu-Ode until it was later made the Ijebu province. And subsequently, the Akarigbo's throne was upgraded to a first class king due to politics.

Also, all the crowns that came from Ife came after that. Meaning: they're all 20th century crowns. You lot need to shut the fvck up - Ijebu, Ijebu-remo, and Ijebu waterside are all one people. The fact that Awolowo was a Remo man from Ikenne and he said he's an Ijebu man before anything else adds credence to it.

I don't understand the stupidity on this thread. Nigeria just made you heifers so dumb that you'd rather fight unnecessary fights, than embrace what makes you one...which is the dialect/history. And if you're ignorant, how about pick up a book about Ijebu kingdom in pre-colonial Nigeria and read?

Mehn fvck Nigeria, the useless politics and functional illiterates the country keeps churning out.
Politics has deleted many's brain. Don't be surprised.
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by ericmor: 7:09pm On May 02, 2017
Equal2DeTask:

Bros I'm still looking on u oo wink

God will help us
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Equal2DeTask(m): 7:24pm On May 02, 2017
ericmor:

God will help us
How was the weekend Games?
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by SirShymexx: 8:28pm On May 02, 2017
nisai:
Politics has deleted many's brain. Don't be surprised.

Don't mind the clowns. This forum has a way of reducing people's IQ, hence I stopped coming here.

And you'd surprised that none of these miscreants are neither Ijebu nor Remo, but they have a lot of useless pseudo-history to spam all over a thread dedicated to an achiever.

I just saw the thread and decided to check what his family house looks like only to see village id.iots spamming nonsense all over the darn thing. Like seriously, what has vacuous and destructive politics got to the with the true history/heritage of a people? They want to divide Ijebus into all kinds of tiny mushroom groups.

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by nisai: 8:58pm On May 02, 2017
SirShymexx:

Don't mind the clowns. This forum has a way of reducing people's IQ, hence I stopped coming here.

And you'd surprised that none of these miscreants are neither Ijebu nor Remo, but they have a lot of useless pseudo-history to spam all over a thread dedicated to an achiever.

I just saw the thread and decided to check what his family house looks like only to see village id.iots spamming nonsense all over the darn thing. Like seriously, what has vacuous and destructive politics got to the with the true history/heritage of a people? They want to divide Ijebus into all kinds of tiny mushroom groups.
That's it. Even the so called 'Remos' are not helping matters. You will see them spewing all sorts of trash that's being regurgitated here now. It's because of the stereotypes being bandied around by folks from other Yoruba subgroups.

They hope they could evade the foolish generalization (stereotypes) by dissociating themselves from the name Ijebu. Just because Ogun was divided into four division is developing stupidity in many.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by SirShymexx: 9:37pm On May 02, 2017
nisai:
That's it. Even the so called 'Remos' are not helping matters. You will see them spewing all sorts of trash that's being regurgitated here now. It's because of the stereotypes being bandied around by folks from other Yoruba subgroups.

They hope they could evade the foolish generalization (stereotypes) by dissociating themselves from the name Ijebu. Just because Ogun was divided into four division is developing stupidity in many.

Why would anyone want to detach himself/herself from his/her heritage/group and a name that's rich in history and associated with success/high-flyers cos some jealous bottom feeders creatd some stereotypical nonsense induced by inability to compete over a century ago? Or they want to drop down to the same level as these bottom feeders?

Most of those who say those things can neither measure up nor tie the shoes of Ijebus lol. You just have to let bottom feeders say whatever they want to say and keep flying high.

Anyway, I think it has more to do with greed/politics than anything else. And that's the type of atmosphere a country like naij creates.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by 9jakool: 10:25pm On May 02, 2017
SirShymexx:

This is why I hate Nigeria and the useless politics that keeps balkanising people and old kingdoms where all the people lived happily together as one. Just shut the fvck up. You and your fellow illiterates need to stop posting nonsense. My mum is Remo from Iperu-remo and my dad is Ijebu-Epe and all my life the both of them have always claimed Ijebu, and that's what we all grew up claiming.

Remo and all the other Ijebu enclaves in Lagos have always been part of the Ijebu Kingdom. The kingdom was broken into three - Epe, Ikorodu, and Ijebu Ode administrative units by the colonial Brits after the Ijebu kingdom was defeated. Ijebu-Remo was grouped under the Ikorodu administrative unit, while Ijebu waterside was under Epe administrative unit, and the rest were under Ijebu-Ode until it was later made the Ijebu province. And subsequently, the Akarigbo's throne was upgraded to a first class king due to politics.

Also, all the crowns that came from Ife came after that. Meaning: they're all 20th century crowns. You lot need to shut the fvck up - Ijebu, Ijebu-remo, and Ijebu waterside are all one people. The fact that Awolowo was a Remo man from Ikenne and he said he's an Ijebu man before anything else adds credence to it.

I don't understand the stupidity on this thread. Nigeria just made you heifers so dumb that you'd rather fight unnecessary fights, than embrace what makes you one...which is the dialect/history. And if you're ignorant, how about pick up a book about Ijebu kingdom in pre-colonial Nigeria and read?

Mehn fvck Nigeria, the useless politics and functional illiterates the country keeps churning out.

There is no problem with Remo aligning with Ijebu people. Yes, politics is a big factor, people want to be different and like to distinguish themselves. However you cannot overlook the stark contrast in origin. Ijebu people need to stop with the Wadai theory. Obanta was from Ile-ife. The Wadai kingdom was founded in 1600s and the Ijebu people were already in existence before that. The Portuguese visited Ijebus in 1400s. The Wadai people are still alive today in Chad. Ijebu kingdom is more well known in Africa than Wadai. The culture of Wadai people in Chad is very different from Ijebu. No such immigration from Wadai was recorded. The theory was invented by revisionists later on. Ijebu are from Ife not wadai. If the origin story is properly addressed, then the relationship could be reinforce. I also think responsibility goes to other Yoruba as well because the disassociation and constant bogus stereotypes projected onto Ijebu people.
of course. Ijebu and Remo are one. However, I think if relationship was to improve, there needs to be a consensus and the origin story has to be properly addressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by ericmor: 10:56pm On May 02, 2017
Equal2DeTask:

How was the weekend Games?

I keep falling victim of one game spoiling ticket o
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by African101(m): 3:54am On May 03, 2017
You can keep calling names and keep the insults up if good for your health and if it increase your account but prove you are educated and not an i diot or i lliterate by telling us the family house or quarters where Remo towns originated from in Ijebu.

SirShymexx:

You're an i.diot. You can't even spell but you're one of the principal functional illiterates who derailed the thread by spamming useless pseudo-history on it. Are you even Ijebu-Remo or Ijebu?

Even if you're dumb: the fact that there's Ode-Remo, Ijebu Ode, and Ode-omi (for Ijebu waterside) shows anywhere there's an "Ode", it's an Ijebu area.

Why did you pricks derail the thread, anyway? Effing miscreants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Equal2DeTask(m): 4:16am On May 03, 2017
ericmor:

I keep falling victim of one game spoiling ticket o
sorry abt dat bro
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 03, 2017
One thing many indomie generationals people don't know is that Ijebus are the Jebusite in the bible, they are the original own of Jerusalem, they are chase away because of idolatry by isrealite, then they begin there migration, into egypt, then then, islam and Mohammed came and chase then away, from there to waddai, waddai to imushin, which means point of worship and that tree which is thousand years ago still stand till date, then they made a capital for their king at Ode, which means he came, the king awujale one of the most clever king on earth, still continue in cleverness
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Bobulopsy(m): 8:34pm On May 03, 2017
kestolove95:
Baba is dying nd u guys kip disturbing us with joshua...mtseew
why we go kill our shelves bcoz of Baba after all Osibanjo is there for us
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 03, 2017
Bobulopsy:
why we go kill our shelves bcoz of Baba after all Osibanjo is there for us
ijebu to the throne of Nigeria again, I told u this people are great people, Nigeria, hausa, Ibo, Yoruba can't do without them even the whole world, the only problem they have is idolatry, they are omo ti noah bi
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Nobody: 12:02am On May 04, 2017
jebus, idolatry is against your God, Yahweh is holy forsake your gods
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by proudlyYoruba(m): 2:28pm On May 04, 2017
nnokwa042:
the afonja terrorist that behead a british re not yoruas but Joshua that can hardly speak Yoruba who I think never been to Nigeria is now afonja u must be ewu Gambia ,when Joshua won Olympic gold medal in boxing did u see Nigeria name there ?allow British people to enjoy the fruit of thier labour biko angry
he hasn't been to naira but he wants to rep naira. Abeg go sleep, come sagamu come see their family house. Pained ipob
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Bobulopsy(m): 8:59pm On May 04, 2017
[quote author=HsLBroker post=56185978]ijebu to the throne of Nigeria again, I told u this people are great people, Nigeria, hausa, Ibo, Yoruba can't do without them even the whole world, the only problem they have is idolatry, they are omo ti noah bi [/quote Hmmm!
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Bobulopsy(m): 9:00pm On May 04, 2017
HsLBroker:
ijebu to the throne of Nigeria again, I told u this people are great people, Nigeria, hausa, Ibo, Yoruba can't do without them even the whole world, the only problem they have is idolatry, they are omo ti noah bi
Hmmm!
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by African101(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2017
You can keep calling names and keep the insults up if good for your health and if it increase your account but prove you are educated and not an i diot or i lliterate by telling us the family house or quarters where Remo towns originated from in Ijebu.

SirShymexx:

You're an i.diot. You can't even spell but you're one of the principal functional illiterates who derailed the thread by spamming useless pseudo-history on it. Are you even Ijebu-Remo or Ijebu?

Even if you're dumb: the fact that there's Ode-Remo, Ijebu Ode, and Ode-omi (for Ijebu waterside) shows anywhere there's an "Ode", it's an Ijebu area.

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by Bluffly: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2017
HsLBroker:
you know any Remo dialect that is different from ijebu dialect?
Tell us, yewa is totally different from egbas because they have different dialects, all the way to lekki they are all ijebus, they speak ijebu dialect fluently, the one people that want to divide the ijebus are the egbas for their personal motive, ikorodus are all ijebus, Epe are all ijebus all this land sold to Lagos by egbas so ijebus will never have a state of there own because of fear of what they will become, get your facts sir,

Remo dialect is absolutely and distinctively different from Ijebu
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by African101(m): 9:55am On May 28, 2018
I replied you immediately but i don't know why my message didn't get to you.
As it was in my quote earlier, you can keep on abusing if good for you but i won't engage you in that kind of drama but intelligence one. I said i will be so glad and i won't quote you anymore if you can mention the quarter or the family house where Remos originated from in Ijebu-Ode. Thanks.

SirShymexx:

Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by vegafbs: 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2018
WOW! What a memory
Re: Anthony Joshua's Family House In Sagamu, Ogun, Nigeria (Photos) by D1zion: 10:34am On Dec 08, 2019
Ajewealth123:
infact na front of your house he dey.
Who doesn't want to associate with success.
If to say na terrorist na,u no go talk am o.

Kai sharp sharp,dem don give am title come add him full names both given and dashed
or if he had lost it,you for hear dissociation & insult,not only from neighbours,his state men & women, even from his own family members.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Argentina Vs Nigeria: Man Of The Match / Anthony Joshua Trains Hard, Flaunts Amazing Physique Ahead Of Andy Ruiz Rematch / Cesc Fabgeras Weds Daniella Semaan, Mother Of Five (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.