Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Who Should Quit Job? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should Quit Job? (794 Views)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / Quit 'waiting For Mr Or Mrs Right: Take Action / 10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should Quit Job? by Flakky26(f): 1:39pm On Jan 07, 2010
FELLOW NAIRALANDERS,I'D LIKE TO HEAR YOUR COMMENT ON THIS CHALLENGING TOPIC.THANKS

WHO SHOULD QUIT JOBS BETWEEN A HUBBY EARNING N70,AND A WIFE EARNING N700 PER MONTH,IF THE NEED ARISES?

YOUR CANDID OPINION IS REQUIRED.
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by jaybee3(m): 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2010
r u sure your ok cos no one earns such in dis day of age

Either should only consider quiting if the other can comfortably afford to shoulder all responsibilities.
Plus is either considering to quit cos of parenting?
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2010
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by jumie(f): 2:59pm On Jan 07, 2010
Is it supposed to be a gender thing? No one should quit any job for the other irregardless of how much they receive.
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jan 07, 2010
If it becomes compulsory that one partner must quit,
The partner with the least pay should make the sacrifice even if it's the man.

I know a woman who supported the family for 10yrs and even built their personal house.
I know how it is about men and ego, however the kids deserve a good life.
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by Fhemmmy: 2:55am On Jan 09, 2010
is that 700 Naira, or 700K ?
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jan 09, 2010
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by dominique(f): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2010
i've seen cases where where wives earn more than their husbands and the men is just irritated by that. most men have it at the back of their minds that they're the bread winners of the family and cant stand the thought that their wives is richer.
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by tallgal(f): 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2010
I believe every individual has the right to financial independence, but if this is the case, then the wife should cover more of the bills. As long as the couple is happy,
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by mamagee3(f): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
None of them should quit their job,
But the wife should work less hours
inorder to take care of the children
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by tallgal(f): 9:53am On Jan 17, 2010
Mama gee, who says the husband can't take care of children? Some men are very good parents. What's important is that at least one parent loves and cares for them.
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by Quod: 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2010
We should always see marriage as a union that brings two people together to become one.in that case what belongs to Lanre belongs to Ada and vice versa.

If Lanre has 2 shops one is very profitable and the other is barely surving,if the need ever arises that one of the shops has to be closed which one do you think that Lanre as a sensible person would close?of course the one which is barely surviving.

So,in this case,the husband and wife should see it from the perspective that they have two shops.and if the need ever arises that they should close one of their shops,the most sensible thing to do is to close the one that is less profitable irrespective of who is affected.

So for me the man who earns 70k should resign and let the wife who earns 700k retain her job,that is if they are married and truly love themselves.
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by coolier(f): 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
Their situation would dictate this. They need to sit down and talk and decide who.
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by mamagee3(f): 10:07pm On Jan 17, 2010
The Wife should because it's her responsibility to take care of the kids
Notwithstanding if she earms $3million monthly
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by plappville(f): 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2010
Quod:

We should always see marriage as a union that brings two people together to become one.in that case what belongs to Lanre belongs to Ada and vice versa.

If Lanre has 2 shops one is very profitable and the other is barely surving,if the need ever arises that one of the shops has to be closed which one do you think that Lanre as a sensible person would close?of course the one which is barely surviving.

So,in this case,the husband and wife should see it from the perspective that they have two shops.and if the need ever arises that they should close one of their shops,the most sensible thing to do is to close the one that is less profitable irrespective of who is affected.

So for me the man who earns 70k should resign and let the wife who earns 700k retain her job,that is if they are married and truly love themselves.

You have said it all, no more comment.
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by Fhemmmy: 1:10am On Jan 18, 2010
In a marriage, i personally think, whoever is making the most money, shd hang on to his or her job, and the other get something doing to someting to improve and get better.
Always remember that it is not a competition
Re: Who Should Quit Job? by amf(f): 2:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
Assuming one person need to quit for the strees of child bearing know the fact that the man canot carry pregnance and the wife is paid better than the husband what are they going to do?

(1) (Reply)

Women Battering Men - The Other Side Of Domestic Abuse / Engineer Sues Wife For Adultery / Bridals Online For Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.