Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Fraud Alert! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Fraud Alert! (608 Views)

Fraud Alert On nairaland Forum... / Glo Bolt Modem Is A Fraud. . .pls Dont Buy It / Mtn 3g Billing Fraud - Unacceptable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert! by letustalk(m): 3:20pm On Jan 07, 2010
Hello all, this is to bring to your notice an event which i by today believe to be fraud by one dude who has the user name adudu208@gmail.com on nairaland. it happened that i saw a post by him of Dec 7, 2009 for an Iphone.  He claims to reside in PHarcourt and we decided to do our transaction on pure trust. I credited his account to the sum of 50k on Monday, 4th January, 2010 as he said he had parceled the iphone through ups. That was the last day i heard from him till date. He claims he works with Diamond bank. That has been proved wrong as Diamond bank searched through their archive and said no one like that existed. Meanwhile, i have been to the bank i paid into, today and they have asked me to watch it till close of work for friday and that if the parcel doesnt show up, the bank will follow up on a letter which it said i will present monday morning. They promised they were going to use all legal means to get my money. For security reasons, i will not state the name of the bank since investigation will soon commence. Moreover, at UPS Courier service which he claimed to have used, they assured me to go on with remedial actions as no parcel was pending from Port Harcourt.
My main motive of putting up this alert is to make nairalanders beware of any similarities aforementioned and to inform me of any reasonable hint. Meanwhile, the bank has indicated that the police will work alongside there team once i am sure it has to be a fraud. Thanks all. I will be willing to answer any questions here. Lastly, his number till present is not available any longer. his number is supposed to be 08138945846. Pls any useful suggestion from the house is highly welcomed.
Re: Fraud Alert! by temodent(m): 4:32am On Jan 08, 2010
Really a pathetic case, trust is essentially a very scarse commodity in our land, I stumbled across a site recently that tries to operate like ebay in Nigeria and I was just wondering how it is ever going to work in this clime where people are relatively less trustworthy.
Well glad to know you are doing everything possible to retrieve your money and it,s a wake up call to everyone to watch out for online deals here.
Thank you.
Re: Fraud Alert! by jamace(m): 6:19am On Jan 08, 2010
What a pity! sad
Re: Fraud Alert! by DoubleN(m): 8:08am On Jan 08, 2010
What a pity when people stoop so slow as to use nairaland as a means of committing fraud!My Brother take heart. embarassed embarassed
Re: Fraud Alert! by letustalk(m): 8:18am On Jan 08, 2010
thanks all. I intend going to the bank later in the day
Re: Fraud Alert! by smakcad(m): 1:05pm On Jan 08, 2010
FOR FUTURE BUYERS.what i di when i bought a laptop frm a NLer was that i hooked up with him and then we dealed.it made me 1.saw him. 2.saw d physical state of what i wanted to buy. 3.saw his contact place. 4.paid him immediately. so i think it is good for both parties. thank u
Re: Fraud Alert! by 2muchdolla: 10:03pm On Jan 13, 2010
Am so sorry! i guess because u both are not in the same state thats why u send him the OWO but why did u proof such a mugun without having tracking details of the package b4 making the transaction. to all take note of this point in such deal like this,
Re: Fraud Alert! by deji2009(m): 10:11pm On Jan 13, 2010
Is like we are in a dark place call nairaland. no one know who is who.

This is one of the problem we are facing in our country. samething

our develop is weaken because of all this things happening. is not

a curse let not deceive ourselves for nigeria to change it will take long
Re: Fraud Alert! by 2muchdolla: 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2010
No ones can no who is who! i buy your idea this nairaland is also dark village, because everyone uses fake id's thks to Mr.deji2009 but am still not sure or guarantee my self that deji is your name because u be naija, lol
Re: Fraud Alert! by deji2009(m): 10:27pm On Jan 13, 2010
2muchdolla:

No ones can no who is who! i buy your idea this nairaland is also dark village, because everyone uses fake id's thks to Mr.deji2009 but am still not sure or guarantee my self that deji is your name because u be naija, lol

I agree, to be honest. my name is Deji

(1) (Reply)

Can Any One Explain The Tyes Of Processsor / Free Pnone Calls / Abuja Based Hotel Is Leasing Out It's Cybercafe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.