Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Help Me!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help Me!!! (1916 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me!!! by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 02, 2017
Hello,I got married when I was 21,nd due to the nature of our work,i nd my husband decided to have just one kid. I got pregnant few months after our wedding nd we were so happy. Our daughter is five nd things were going just fine until last month. My husband started acting up, he Made sure I didn't go for the monthly treatment nd I couldn't go without him since we both had to be present for it....Last week, he called me nd said he thought he would be cool if we had another child...I reminded him of our agreement nd he said that was in the past...The problem is I don't think we can make out time for another kid,i told him I felt he was being selfish about it nd he's been acting up since then...He doesn't even want to come close...I'm considering going for my treatment without his consent...I just need u guys to advice me..what do I do?

2 Likes

Re: Help Me!!! by nurey(m): 2:55pm On May 02, 2017
call your husband talk to him look at his reasons and see if you both can reach a compromise. Two kids arent that hard to take care of if both parents are working and willing to make sacrifice.

i will only advice against it if you are not medically fit to bear a child the natural way (if child bearing is life threatening to you)
Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 02, 2017
I see no problem here, get pregnant and have another baby.

1 Like

Re: Help Me!!! by sisisioge: 3:14pm On May 02, 2017
Hmmm.

Life is just so tricky. What faces one person backs another. Wasn't it just yesterday that another woman was complaining that her husband doesn't even wanna hear about kids let alone have them? Whew!

People change their minds as time goes on. If you are a stakeholder, assist them change it back to maintain the terms of agreement. Talk to your bobo...maybe he's fallen totally in love with kids that he couldn't imagine life with only one. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me!!! by keepingmum: 3:19pm On May 02, 2017
What treatment does your hubby need?

1 Like

Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 02, 2017
nurey:
call your husband talk to him look at his reasons and see if you both can reach a compromise. Two kids arent that hard to take care of if both parents are working and willing to make sacrifice.

i will only advice against it if you are not medically fit to bear a child the natural way (if child bearing is life threatening to you)

I'm medically fit,its just that I don't have time like work is stressful..i come home late at night nd he's also as busy as I am...I feel guilty because I do.t get to spend enough time with my daughter...I can't have another child because I won't be able to care of him/her....except he's willing to quit his job
Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 02, 2017
keepingmum:
What treatment does your hubby need?

No he doesn't need any,i meant family planning
Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 02, 2017
sisisioge:
Hmmm.

Life is just so tricky. What faces one person backs another. Wasn't it just yesterday that another woman was complaining that her husband doesn't even wanna hear about kids let alone have them? Whew!

People change their minds as time goes on. If you are a stakeholder, assist them change it back to maintain the terms of agreement. Talk to your bobo...maybe he's fallen totally in love with kids that he couldn't imagine life with only one. It is well.

Lol...kids re cute nd adorable..I just want him to understand
Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 02, 2017
Oyind17:
I see no problem here, get pregnant and have another baby.

Sis, it's not all that easy for me...we have a lot on our schedules nd another kid is just like an additional stress
Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 02, 2017
Do you work on "Wall Street"?

If in 5yrs, you still haven't found a way to work around your career and home_ I wonder when you will. Which industry/sector una dey for a start?

nurey:

No go marry. Stay here dey dey do counsellor work...

2 Likes

Re: Help Me!!! by nurey(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2017
tollahni:

I'm medically fit,its just that I don't have time like work is stressful..i come home late at night nd he's also as busy as I am...I feel guilty because I do.t get to spend enough time with my daughter...I can't have another child because I won't be able to care of him/her....except he's willing to quit his job

Thats why i said talk to your husband and both of you should come to a compromise.

If you are willing to leave your job and start a business at home inorder to be there for your child, you will make your husband happy, be there for your babies and also save your own marriage.

i wont advice you go ahead with the family planning thing without his consent, if he gets to know or suspect it could break the link between you and him (your child(ren) may be at the receiving end.

i repeat sit him down tell him what the problem is (time for the children), ask him what he thinks can be done to make the situation easy, think about his suggestion if it can work, then come to a befitting conclusion.
Re: Help Me!!! by warrah(m): 4:32pm On May 02, 2017
In the next 15 years, will that job you can't afford to loose still matter to you

In the next 30years, will you still have the joy and zeal to go to that job like you are doing now..?

But in the next 30years, how joyful will it be for you to see your son or daughter all grown up and doing well..... think about it, sometimes there is more to life than work.....

8 Likes

Re: Help Me!!! by nurey(m): 4:34pm On May 02, 2017
PaperLace:
Do you work in "Wall Street"?

If in 5yrs, you still haven't found a way to work around your career and home_ I wonder when you will. Which industry/sector una dey for a start?

No go marry. Stay here dey dey do counsellor work...

there is time for everything nah, this is my time to make money grin

Re: Help Me!!! by Acidosis(m): 6:05pm On May 02, 2017
There is more to life than work.

Check out all your bosses, they all have at least 2,3 and 4 grown up. The ones without kids, pray earnestly everyday.

Don't ruin your tomorrow because of a job that obviously belong to a man with many children and grandchildren. When he grows old, his company would be WILLed to his children, and the chain continues.

By the time you hit 30, what you avoid today may become a serious need. Guess what, your chances would be limited at that age. I pray you don't train your only child in fear. Any little illness may leave you completely devastated.

3 Likes

Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 02, 2017
nurey:

Thats why i said talk to your husband and both of you should come to a compromise.

If you are willing to leave your job and start a business at home inorder to be there for your child, you will make your husband happy, be there for your babies and also save your own marriage.

i wont advice you go ahead with the family planning thing without his consent, if he gets to know or suspect it could break the link between you and him (your child(ren) may be at the receiving end.

i repeat sit him down tell him what the problem is (time for the children), ask him what he thinks can be done to make the situation easy, think about his suggestion if it can work, then come to a befitting conclusion.

Thank u so much i'll talk to him again
Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 02, 2017
Acidosis:
There is more to life than work.

Check out all your bosses, they all have at least 2,3 and 4 grown up. The ones without kids, pray earnestly everyday.

Don't ruin your tomorrow because of a job that obviously belong to a man with many children and grandchildren. When he grows old, his company would be WILLed to his children, and the chain continues.

By the time you hit 30, what you avoid today may become a serious need. Guess what, your chances would be limited at that age. I pray you don't train your only child in fear. Any little illness may leave you completely devastated.

Thank u so much dear...i'll do something about it

2 Likes

Re: Help Me!!! by Blissquare(f): 10:16pm On May 02, 2017
You should not go thru with the family planning without his consent. Period!
Re: Help Me!!! by Lexusgs430: 10:32pm On May 02, 2017
sisisioge:
Hmmm.

You can say that again.......
Re: Help Me!!! by Lexusgs430: 10:34pm On May 02, 2017
tollahni:
Hello,I got married when I was 21,nd due to the nature of our work,i nd my husband decided to have just one kid. I got pregnant few months after our wedding nd we were so happy. Our daughter is five nd things were going just fine until last month. My husband started acting up, he Made sure I didn't go for the monthly treatment nd I couldn't go without him since we both had to be present for it....Last week, he called me nd said he thought he would be cool if we had another child...I reminded him of our agreement nd he said that was in the past...The problem is I don't think we can make out time for another kid,i told him I felt he was being selfish about it nd he's been acting up since then...He doesn't even want to come close...I'm considering going for my treatment without his consent...I just need u guys to advice me..what do I do?

Do you feel the financials could extend to another baby? A goal post was put initially, but its not a crime to attempt a goal post shift.......
How would you feel if your husband decides to have the other child elsewhere?
Work together and arrive at an agreed compromise.......

1 Like

Re: Help Me!!! by sisisioge: 11:44pm On May 02, 2017
Lexusgs430:

You can say that again.......

Yes o...hope your maruwa is kicking well.
Re: Help Me!!! by Lexusgs430: 12:00am On May 03, 2017
sisisioge:

Yes o...hope your maruwa is kicking well.

They sure are. Had a breakdown today. Hopefully Kazeem would fix in the morning so hustle can continue......
Re: Help Me!!! by sisisioge: 12:11am On May 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

They sure are. Had a breakdown today. Hopefully Kazeem would fix in the morning so hustle can continue......

grin grin Try elizadey o. I hear say them fit fix anything there.
Re: Help Me!!! by Lexusgs430: 12:18am On May 03, 2017
sisisioge:

grin grin Try elizadey o. I hear say them fit fix anything there.

Someone just told Coscarchris also had technician's for maruwa vehicles.....
Re: Help Me!!! by sisisioge: 12:24am On May 03, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Someone just told Coscarchris also had technician's for maruwa vehicles.....

Yes o...them dey Odeku grin Just push the tin go there tongue

1 Like

Re: Help Me!!! by Lexusgs430: 1:25am On May 03, 2017
sisisioge:

Yes o...them dey Odeku grin Just push the tin go there tongue

For our garage, Odeku nah Guinness..........
Re: Help Me!!! by Juliearth(f): 6:45am On May 03, 2017
tollahni:

Dialogue with your husband and if he is persistent,you just have to give in. You wouldnt want him to get what he wants with another woman, would you?
Re: Help Me!!! by Viking007(m): 7:33pm On May 12, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3795001/husband-wont-talk-me

The op ignored all the good inputs she got here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me!!! by nnamdibig(m): 8:16pm On May 12, 2017
Because of ordinary salary, person no wan born! Abeg your salary reach 5million Naira month?
How can the excuse of not giving birth be because of work that you earn salary?
Work that they won't hesitate to sack you if anything goes wrong.
What if the company shuts down?
I hope you will still stand in this same position in 15-20yrs time.
Re: Help Me!!! by luminouz(m): 4:20am On May 13, 2017
Viking007:
https://www.nairaland.com/3795001/husband-wont-talk-me

The op ignored all the good inputs she got here.
Yeah n she did d FAM.plan tjingy anyway n d husby is fvcking angry!!! My take? Their biznez!!! She seems to love her job dou!

1 Like

Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 13, 2017
tollahni:

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Help Me!!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 13, 2017
AllforJesus7:

Tolani,

So you decided to bring our private issue online?

When you and I are having discussion about the next phase and step of our union you decide to go behind my back and do your self will. Is that what a good wife should do? And you want me not to congratulate you for your action right?

Whether a tight schedule or not, you know I always provide you with maximum assistance and God has been helping us so why the unnecessary excuse and bad action?

The problem is you have relaxes with one child (our daughter). But I am saying its time to have one more. And I am assuring you much as you actually know that there will be no problem.

If online is where you prefer to get your answer, there you have it.

Cheers.

Awwww.....thanks
Re: Help Me!!! by coolcatty: 4:59pm On May 13, 2017
Over feeding dey worry two of you.

See you forming busy.....rubbish...even my CFO with his huge portfolio makes time for his kids....not to talk of u.....u are probably an ABO in a bank and talking like this.....unserious people.

(1) (Reply)

Mama Fooled Us All ( Photo) / Nigerian Dissolution Of Marriage By Family Members / The Punishment You Will Never Forget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.