Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company (32249 Views)

See What Army Planned To Do To Soldiers For Misconduct In 2019 Election / Otedola: DSS Gave Me $500,000 To Set Farouk Lawan Up / Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by sarahade(f): 9:39am On May 03, 2017
[quote author=tifany89 post=56160454][/quote]
Who be this one.
What is the moral of the story?
Please don't quote me
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by soulfood(m): 9:41am On May 03, 2017
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by emekanairaland(m): 9:41am On May 03, 2017
Esseite:

He relocated to the US to start all over again

Hmmm... that's not a good definition of lost everything ohhh
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by bantudark: 9:43am On May 03, 2017
sarahade:
d
Yes i did and it was pointless and unnecessary.

it doesnt matter...somethimes right,sometimes wrong...nobody suffered...sooooo,whats your point..??...

if you were wrong your company can not loose...and your company will not know who blew whistle...except you like talking too much...

you only tell efcc,nobody else....you surely dont go boosting around about it with your work people like a superstar....
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by BigBrother9ja: 9:46am On May 03, 2017
Esseite:
Whistle blowers in Nigeria are disgruntled members.. the sharing ratio did not favour them like they wanted..

Genuine ones are scared of whistleblowing to a boss/superior who is a member of the caucus..

Or a police who would turn the case around and you end up being in trouble.. (Am a victim)

True story...

I am.
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by thunderbabs: 9:46am On May 03, 2017
Eddygourdo:
guess it now pays to be a gossip. companies will start adding non disclosure clauses on employment letters to dissuade future amebos from hammering

Non disclosure is always on most terms n conditions of employment of big companies b4 na...buh wht effect will dt v compared to d trouble d company myt get into if an employee blows d whistle on dem?
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Nobody: 10:08am On May 03, 2017
BigBrother9ja:

I am.

Thanks for the correction
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Nobody: 10:13am On May 03, 2017
emekanairaland:

Hmmm... that's not a good definition of lost everything ohhh

As a banker he already had his 2years visiting visa .. he sold all he had to travel and have little funds for upkeep.
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Nobody: 10:17am On May 03, 2017
olaolaking:
Your friend might be wrong if I am to based it on this write up. The identities of whistle blowers are not revealed. How come Oga's friend was in charge of the auditing?

Yeah... they are supposed to be anonymous.. we all have friends at various levels in banks.. his former boss just happened to have friends at (internal control and audit).. the boss was even promoted. "Office politics"
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Nobody: 10:21am On May 03, 2017
sarahade:

What is the point of story now
we should not do the right thing. Mtcheeeeew
Nonsense story

The point is to make sure you properly secured and have good backing before you even bring out your whistle.
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Nobody: 10:25am On May 03, 2017
Esseite:
Whistle blowers in Nigeria are disgruntled members.. the sharing ratio did not favour them like they wanted..

Genuine ones are scared of whistleblowing to a boss/superior who is a member of the caucus..

Or a police who would turn the case around and you end up being in trouble.. (Am a victim)

True story...
My friend a banker whistleblew on his boss forex deals.

The auditors claimed to find nothing..(boss's paddy)
The guy was transferred from head office to Jos..
He was switched to marketing..
He eventually was layed off after constant target drilling
He lost everything just for wanting to do the right thing

exact same thing happened to me.

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Nobody: 10:26am On May 03, 2017
luckistar20:
Good Morning,Congratulations to my new subscribers. It was a big win and is still not by my power,I ve left a trail where there is no path for you to follow, subscribe to get a fixed match.
You are a scammer
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Obiwiz(m): 10:31am On May 03, 2017
sarahade:

What is the point of story now we should not do the right thing. Mtcheeeeew Nonsense story
Means the right thing is not always the best thing to do.
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by eternalcity(m): 10:45am On May 03, 2017
E be like say the 1980s will come back again. When snitches started getting killed by those they accused and the whole community were taught a bitter lesson on how to keep what they knew to themselves.

Especially in a place like Nigeria where the Government will just use and dump a nigga once they have scored cheap goals.
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Ugosample(m): 11:15am On May 03, 2017
Esseite:

True story...
My friend a banker whistleblew on his boss forex deals.

The auditors claimed to find nothing..(boss's paddy)
The guy was transferred from head office to Jos..
He was switched to marketing..
He eventually was layed off after constant target drilling
He lost everything just for wanting to do the right thing

its unfortunate
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by calliope(f): 11:15am On May 03, 2017
sarahade:

What is the point of story now
we should not do the right thing. Mtcheeeeew
Nonsense story
Nobody said anything about not doing the right thing here, far from the point, but most importantly bear it in mind that there would be dire consequences if you choose to do things different from the " perceived " ways it's done in this corrupt - ridden society of ours.

If you be righteous man for this obodo Nigeria, suffer head go finish you!
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Bahddo(m): 11:21am On May 03, 2017
datola:
Whistle blowing has gone international.
you think it started in Nigeria?
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by sarahade(f): 12:09pm On May 03, 2017
t
calliope:

Nobody said anything about not doing the right thing here, far from the point, but most importantly bear it in mind that there would be dire consequences if you choose to do things different from the " perceived " ways it's done in this corrupt - ridden society of ours.

If you be righteous man for this obodo Nigeria, suffer head go finish you
Well you did @bolded.
Stop being a coward let people who believe in doing what is right fo it.
There's no easy way out

this nigeria is our home and if takes everything i have to make it better i will.

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by sarahade(f): 12:10pm On May 03, 2017
Obiwiz:

Means the right thing is not always the best thing to do.
Well the right thing is only the best thing to do

1 Like

Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by sarahade(f): 12:10pm On May 03, 2017
Esseite:

The point is to make sure you properly secured and have good backing before you even bring out your whistle.
Ok thanks
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Obiwiz(m): 12:49pm On May 03, 2017
sarahade:
Well the right thing is only the best thing to do
Ideally.
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by datola: 12:54pm On May 03, 2017
Bahddo:
you think it started in Nigeria?

Not really.
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by calliope(f): 12:56pm On May 03, 2017
sarahade:
t
Well you did @bolded.
Stop being a coward let people who believe in doing what is right fo it.
There's no easy way out
I'm not in anyway trying to dissuade anyone nor am I disputing the fact that doing the right thing is right, all I am saying is do the right thing but do it in wisdom else it would be at your own detriment. Just as twas seen in the post you quoted earlier.
this nigeria is our home and if takes everything i have to make it better i will.
Nobody said other wise. Good, go for it if you see it that way. but at what cost?
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by sarahade(f): 1:06pm On May 03, 2017
calliope:

I'm not in anyway trying to dissuade anyone nor am I disputing the fact that doing the right thing is right, all I am saying is do the right thing but do it in wisdom else it would be at your own detriment. Just as twas seen in the post you quoted earlier.

Nobody said other wise. Good, go for it if you see it that way. but at what cost?
Don't quote me again
Re: Whistleblower Gets Over $500,000 For Exposing Misconduct In His Company by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 03, 2017
God, please give me a whistle to blow

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Vs PDP Poster In Enugu (Funny Battle Ground Calendar) / Uno State Of Cameroon: Foreign Affairs Ministry, UN Office In Nigeria Deny It / Buhari Begins Town Hall Meetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.