Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders (24078 Views)

Tackle Poverty, Not Almajirai - Okorocha Tells Northern Governors / How Some PDP Governors, Northern Leaders Made Me Lost Re-election – Jonathan / "You Can’t Decide For Buhari" — Northern Leaders Reply Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by sarrki(m): 7:28am On May 03, 2017
dadavivo:
all nairalanders this is an emergency, sarrki account have been hacked. I can't believe he is decamping away from the APC led government. The drug is working.

Am not for any party

I am a patriot
Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by omoharry(f): 9:09am On May 03, 2017
sarrki:
I agree with ohaneze on this

We all own Nigeria
you sarrrki in support of something that your pay master is against? wetin happn naaa? abi dem never pay you last month money? i had to blink 5 times to re-read your comment. This is very unlike you.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by SGTsmith001: 9:22am On May 03, 2017
omenkaLives:
...and the fifth word of that filthy lout had to be Afonja as he pummels his dry hairy chest to kick start his daily dose of chestbeating even though Afonja was nowhere to be found in the article.

If he is descended upon and fixed where he belongs, some malnourished piglets would start running around telling all those who care to listen how everyone hates them.

Just like FFK said, they are always the first to throw punches.
. save Benue

save omenkalives family

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by aolawale025: 9:24am On May 03, 2017
The proposed court case should be expanded in a form that the SE,SS and SW regions would be joint plaintiffs. Restructuring is a common ground for the south.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by mandax: 9:25am On May 03, 2017
What is north?

Without Yoruba, especially Muslim Yoruba, north led by Fulani can easily be walked over in contemporary Nigeria.

Because Yoruba has never been decisive about restructuring Nigeria politically to fiscal federalism, north prides itself as the group who sits on political restructuring in Nigeria, north therefore sees rest of Nigeria as conquered areas.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by YelloweWest: 9:27am On May 03, 2017
Their eye don open??
Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by MrMoney007: 9:29am On May 03, 2017
Smellymouth:
I am a full blooded Arewa, Kaduna born and bred but i agree to this=====>

"...Some northern leaders, in their utterances, give the impression that our nation is their conquered territory..."

Power is for all..
Sounds like someone from Southern kaduna

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by holluphemydavid(m): 9:29am On May 03, 2017
The Zobies always assume dey owns Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Godfullsam(m): 9:29am On May 03, 2017
raker300:
I know this is why Afonjas don't want Biafra. They need the igbos to keep northern Nigeria in check.

They know the igbos are bravest and strongest of them all

What is this one saying ? Igbos are the strongest and bravest, yet they are bn treated like a minority undecided

Are you alright at all

Wetin concern afonja with una problems undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by technicallyrich(m): 9:29am On May 03, 2017
[quote author=Smellymouth post=56154834]I am a full blooded Arewa, Kaduna born and bred but i agree to this=====>

"...Some northern leaders, in their utterances, give the impression that our nation is their conquered territory..."

Power is for all..[/quot
Just say you are a yoruba man's king and everybody will know that you are a. Northerner or that you are from the illiterate side of Nigeria.no need for all these long grammer
Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Smellymouth: 9:30am On May 03, 2017
MrMoney007:

Sounds like someone from Southern kaduna

Sure..
Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by dragonking2: 9:34am On May 03, 2017
raker300:
Lol!! The Dude above me vexing!!

Who gave the north such dominion over Nigerians?

If the south came together and decided 'never again will power return to the north' trust me, it will happen but Noooooo...someone had to betray their southern brothers then get mad when they're reminded of their treachery
We don hear. Oya make we hear word sha
Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by ayogozie(m): 9:35am On May 03, 2017
Let our leaders raise up to dance the tone of our music. If our leader have suported urs by we are suppose to be a republican nation over a decades

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by ayusco85(m): 9:36am On May 03, 2017
Smellymouth:

Power is for all..

U were born in kd? Are u an indigene?
Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by bignero: 9:36am On May 03, 2017
[quote author=omenkaLives post=56154941]...and the fifth word of that filthy lout had to be Afonja as he pummels his dry hairy chest to kick start his daily dose of chestbeating even though Afonja was nowhere to be found in the article.

If he is descended upon and fixed where he belongs, some malnourished piglets would start running around telling all those who care to listen how everyone hates them.

Just like FFK said, they are always the first to throw punches. [/quot

Oga u always try to hard to impress

Just shut up, empty barrels always making the most noise..by fire by force using English to impress who kwan? By force English isn't intelligence

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:37am On May 03, 2017
"If he (Kanu) cannot be in the company of more than 10 people, it means he cannot go to church, he cannot travel in a bus or plane carrying more than 10 people. He cannot walk the street lest his presence attracts more than 10 people. The bail condition is a celebrated example of judicial rascality,

The man said it all. There is nothing more to add.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Ikem11(m): 9:37am On May 03, 2017
sarrki:

We all own Nigeria
What a miracle... Sarrki agreeing to what an Igbo man said... Interesting. But we can be deceived!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Nobody: 9:37am On May 03, 2017
omenkaLives:
...and the fifth word of that filthy lout had to be Afonja as he pummels his dry hairy chest to kick start his daily dose of chestbeating even though Afonja was nowhere to be found in the article.

geez!, why do you always have to take everything personal, the man said something, are you for or against? stop ranting

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Brillantman: 9:38am On May 03, 2017
For every self-acclaimed strong man, there is a God who takes away even the captive of the mighty and delivers the prey of the terrible. History has a way of repeating itself.

Very early in the life of this world, there arose a certain Pharaoh that did not know Joseph. He subjected the children of Israel to such hardship as had never been known before except for a time like this in Nigeria.

The people’s backs were lashed with whips and many more had their spines broken as a result of the slavish condition this Pharaoh subjected them to. They cried; they wept; they mourned, yet, there was no respite in sight until that day when God appeared to Moses and ordered him to go down to Egypt and tell Pharaoh to let His people go!

Moses delivered the message, yet, Pharaoh kept on playing god over God’s people. Not even all the pleas and miracles wrought before him could melt his heart or bend his will. For no just cause, he insisted on punishing the people.

Not even the desperate appeals of Moses and Aaron could convince Pharaoh. The Lord had hardened his heart so that He would “lay my mighty hand on Egypt and with my mighty acts of judgement I will bring out my divisions, my people the Israelites”.

Pharaoh and his army even still pursued the Israelites into the Red Sea when they were eventually let go. Not even the pillar of cloud by day or the pillar of fire by night could deter the tyrant. That day, his tyranny was swallowed up in the sea.

That history is repeating itself today, unfortunately, in Nigeria! There has been a new Pharaoh in town. He arose in 2015, subjecting the people to all manner of hardships and enslavement. His native soldiers whose expertise is to yoke cattle have been unleashed on the people to burden them with the yoke of death.

The Pharaoh sees this but keeps mute, or even laughs as the people groan under the terror of his herdsmen. No one is arrested, none is prosecuted for their murderous crimes. He even compensates them through his proxies, one of them a midget-Pharaoh, Pharaoh’s chief ally in tyranny and despotism.

They have not hidden their hatred for God’s people dwelling in the Eastern part of the Niger, the Igbo people, dwellers of the land of the Rising Sun.

Right from the time of the emergence of this Pharaoh, he had declared rather rashly and brashly that he would subject the people to 97 per cent of suffering and only 5 per cent of reward.

After much pain and wickedness visited on the people, with all their appeals for fairness and justice falling on deaf ears, Pharaoh having subjugated them the more after every appeal, the people cried unto their God, the Almighty Deliverer, and he arose in His wrath and called a man, Nnamdi, the son of Kanu, of the lineage of fearless warriors, to go down to the land of suffering and tell Pharaoh to let His people go.

Rather than obey, this Pharaoh, in active collaboration with his advisers, magicians and sorcerers, turned around and arrested Nnamdi, the son of Kanu, of the lineage of fearless warriors, and his colleagues, and incarcerated them for no just cause.

Even when the courts said “Let them go”, Pharaoh’s advisers swooped on the courts, harassed, intimidated and persecuted the judges for reiterating the divine mandate. Therefore there was much wailing in the land.

And just like the Pharaoh of the days of Moses, the heart of this Pharaoh was hardened the more and he went further to seize El Zakzaky, the bearded Shiite, and his wife, got them both shot, humiliated them by pushing the man around town in a wheelbarrow like some tubers of yam being wheeled to the market for sale. And this angered God so much!

Even before then, he remembered the vengeance he had reserved for one Col Sambo Dasuki, retd, a former soldier whose lineage was that of royalty, and also swooped on him, incarcerating all these people for close to two years despite court orders granting them bail.

Then a night came. Because Pharaoh had subjected the people to wickedness and evil far too much within just two years of coming to power, and had blatantly refused to put the blood of the lamb which signifies justice, equity, fairness, rule of law etc on his doorpost so that when the angel of affliction gets there it would pass over, he was struck and he could no longer be seen even when the people cried out loud on a Friday, “O, where is Pharaoh?” “O, where is our President?”

On the day Pharaoh was so struck he could not even come out to receive the cheers of his marabouts and praise singers, the angel of the Lord visited Nnamdi, the son of Kanu, of the lineage of fearless warriors, and broke in “pieces the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder”.

Although there were still plenty mines set as trap for him before he could walk out of confinement, his people from the land of the Rising Sun rallied round him like never before and met all the stringent conditions in record time, putting to shame all those who said that the people were not and can never be united to pursue any cause successfully, and he walked into freedom.

That day, the people danced, rejoiced and came to believe even more in the saving power of the Lord.

Although the Lord is merciful and forgiving, Pharaoh and his messengers have refused to take advantage of this window to do restitution and set free all those they have shackled unjustly in different dungeons all over the country so that the Lord will also show him mercy and heal him of his infirmities.

Even Peter Ayodele, the Nwannedinamba Ndigbo, the rock-solid son of Fayose the Ekitite, and Femi, the Odum-Agu of Christendom, the brave son of Fani-Kayode the Osunite, warned several times that if Pharaoh does not change his ways and stop behaving like god over the people, oppressing them at will, he would have God to contend with. They even came from distant lands to show solidarity, writing letters of encouragement to support Nnamdi.

But rather than listen to these apostles of truth, Pharaoh’s jesters parading as his friends, chose to advise him to ignore them and even persecute them with so much venom. But for every rod of Pharaoh that was thrown to the ground and turned to a snake, the rods of Fayose and Fani-Kayode swallowed them all up.

Finally, what will it cost this self-acclaimed strongman to repent of his wickedness and ask all his victims of injustice and unfair treatment for forgiveness?

Why would he not swallow his pride and stop chasing the people even going into the Red Sea with them and getting himself drowned in the process? Why keep on playing god when God himself has shown you by his mighty hand that He alone is God?

There is a voice from above saying, “Pharaoh, let my people go! Let them go from hunger! Let them go from depression! Let them go from oppression! Let them go from poverty; just let my people go, or I continue to contend with you”!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Afobear: 9:38am On May 03, 2017
Smellymouth:

Power is for all..
so you na hausa man ?

how far ur wife ngozi ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by oruma19: 9:40am On May 03, 2017
Nigeria would have been history If not for OBAFEMI AWOLOWO. He used his "big sense" to help northerners win the war instead of leading Oduduwa republic out of the cursed geographical entity called Nigeria. Much as I reverence AWOLOWO, I blame him for keeping Nigeria one today. Hausas don't have sense enough to fight a war, it was AWOLOWO who made them stop Biafra from seceding. We have come to realise now that we are different people. We don't have anything in common with the children of uthman Dan Fodio. Pls let us restructure if we must stay together or quietly separate in peace. All southern part of Nigeria will survive well without any stress, the north knows it will not survive so they keep using the old tactics of pressing on one naija. Parasites.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by mandax: 9:40am On May 03, 2017
sarrki:

We all own Nigeria

But not your type of owning by word of mouth, but in practice, Fulani of northetn Nigeria owns the country through over-representation it draws from the undue large number of 20 states and hundreds of local government councils which northern soldiers proliferated in one northern region.

Land mass is never used as criterion to create new federal units like states or regions or provinces from the existing federal units. But northern military dictators used land mass as criterion in creating the 36 states plus Abuja political structure. Fraud.
There should have been more states in the two former southern regions than in the northern region if states were created democratically.

In the present political structure, Fulani owns Nigeria because Fulani largely controls most of the 20 states in the north. Any presidential candidate not permitted by Fulani can't go far.

Restructure Nigeria politically in a democracy; or dissolve Nigeria into more manageable, and more governable countries.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Odkosh: 9:41am On May 03, 2017
omenkaLives:

Boss, let leave them. We are tired of their normal victim cries.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by deflover(m): 9:41am On May 03, 2017
omenkaLives:
cheesy

Well, what can i say.. They made a valid point of saying Nigeria belongs to us all and no single region has the right to act as though they have more stake than the other.

There are alot of things wrong with even the very pseudo-federel system we operate especially as it relates to representation of the various regions at federally constituted bodies. That should be an easier fix than full fledged federalism as obtains in, say, the US.

I am an advocate of true federalism, but I insist that isn't the panacea to the myriad of problems that bugs this nation. Fundamentally, in my opinion, corruption and application of law is. Without having these criminals cum lunatics we have pilfering from us daily placed where they belong, even the best Federal structure and system of government cannot bail us out as we'd find ourselves still revolving around the same cycle of maladministration. That factor is what gives the civilised countries their edge over us. They do not pamper thieves, deal with them ruthlessly.

Oga can you shut up
Let's restructure first
The present structure allows corruption
Until we restructure we won't be free from it.

Stop trying to be Smart

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Jyde89: 9:42am On May 03, 2017
raker300:
I know this is why Afonjas don't want Biafra. They need the igbos to keep northern Nigeria in check.

must you always fill every thread you enter with the horrible odour of your stvpidity.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by oruma19: 9:42am On May 03, 2017
Nigeria would have been history If not for OBAFEMI AWOLOWO. He used his "big sense" to help northerners win the war instead of leading Oduduwa republic out of the cursed geographical entity called Nigeria. Much as I reverence AWOLOWO, I blame him for keeping Nigeria one today. Hausas don't have sense enough to fight a war, it was AWOLOWO who made them stop Biafra from seceding. We have come to realise now that we are different people. We don't have anything in common with the children of uthman Dan Fodio. Pls let us restructure if we must stay together or quietly separate in peace. All southern part of Nigeria will survive well without any stress, the north knows it will not survive so they keep using the old tactics of pressing on one naija. Parasites.
Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Realdeals(m): 9:42am On May 03, 2017
The truth is that if our Igbo's brother said something reasonable, we the Yoruba's will support but a situation where they are not clear on what they want and still want to implicate us (Yoruba) and display their usual chest beating will be met with stiff resistance and superior argument.
History has shown the Igbo cannot get things done In this country without input from the Yoruba's.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Npumpy: 9:42am On May 03, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
The betrayal started when somebody colluded with the North to reject the the insertion of the "right to secede from NIGERIA"
It continued with the the clownish behaviour and agenda of some chest beaters at the London constitutional conference where you colluded with the the North to remove Lagos from South West against our stand.
it continued when some people out of jealousy colluded again with the North to railroad Awolowo into jail.
It continued again in 1966 when you killed Yoruba Premier, Northern Premier and other noneastern leaders while Zik and the eastern Premier were hurried to safety in Czech republic.
You think you can come and lecture us here.
Arrant Nonsense
Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by zanogo(m): 9:43am On May 03, 2017
raker300:

You still find a way to drag yoruba into this,your inferiority complex must be on the high side,who did you just called brave? a majority tribe that is a servant to other majority tribes and numerous minority tribes.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Bazzio: 9:47am On May 03, 2017
God bless u.tell d truth altho they won't lik it.they ll not lik igbo because they kno u pple know their litle trick.one day enough will be enough.
Re: Nigeria Not Your Conquered Territory, Ohanaeze Tells Northern Leaders by Baroba(m): 9:47am On May 03, 2017
For once, it seems Ohaneze got it right with there appointment of the cerebral Nnia Nwodo...Whether we like it or not, we are at the mercy of Northern oligarchy, aided by few southerners quite happy to eat of there table..

In any sane society, a despot like Buhari should be in jail not masquerading as a democrat..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Operation Python Dance Is An Act Of Terror - Chuks Nwachukwu, Legal Practitioner / Pictures Of Oshodi Market Demolition / NNPC Withheld N824.7 Billion Oil Revenue In 6 Months Of Buhari’s Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.