Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? (1061 Views)

The South African Twins That Are Married To One Man / She Constantly Ignored His DM On Instagram For 3years! Now They Are Married / They Met In Lagos Traffic, Now They Are Married (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 5:22pm On May 03, 2017
I am going to state two instances that made me ask this question.

1. I had a this girl I liked when I was in school. We were in the same department but she was a year my junior. I asked her out, but she had a boyfriend, so we just remained friends. We were friends till I graduated, and after school, we kinda lost touch. One day, I remembered her number and called her after several years. She was very excited to hear from me and asked if we could meet at the mall. I got there, and she was with her whole family, and she introduced me to her mom. So, we wondered off, aimlessly, just talking, and catching up on old times. She told me she was married, but her husband was in another town. Anyway, when we were leaving the mall, her whole family (brothers, cousin, and mom) were a few feet behind us, and while we were walking, she wrapped her arm around mine. I found that really really odd.

2. Second situation. I got introduced to this lovely girl back in 2014, and we became close really fast. The chemistry was awesome. Then I found out she was getting married in a couple of weeks. My heart was broken, so I kinda stopped calling her. But she didn't stop calling, and even after getting married, we still used to chat once in a while. One day, she invited me for her birthday party at her house. I asked her how that would be possible. She said they would be too many people in the house for anyone to ask who I was. I sensed she really loved her husband, but she liked me nevertheless. In an innocent way though.

I just have been thinking. Is it allowed for a married woman to have male friends?
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Afonjashapmouth: 5:23pm On May 03, 2017
For some.but.for me its a no because of those moment when things might not be Rossy between us, I want to be the only crying arm. This helps settle differences in no time. Workmates relationship at the office level fine though and same applies to me.

2 Likes

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 03, 2017
yes it's aloud
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 5:24pm On May 03, 2017
RB007:
yes it's aloud

Okay. It is aloud, but not allowed.
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 03, 2017
olab059:

Okay. It is aloud, but not allowed.
naso oh bros

1 Like

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Afonjashapmouth: 5:27pm On May 03, 2017
RB007:
yes it's aloud

On hiptv abi grin

1 Like

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 5:27pm On May 03, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
For some.but.for me its a no because of those moment when things might not be Rossy between us, I want to be the only crying arm. This helps settle differences in no time. Workmates relationship at the office level fine though and same applies to me.

I totally understand.
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by dingbang(m): 5:35pm On May 03, 2017
To be frank, married women make d best of friends...

2 Likes

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 5:43pm On May 03, 2017
dingbang:
To be frank, married women make d best of friends...

Hmm! If I may ask, why do you say so?
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Aceed: 5:46pm On May 03, 2017
Ah wetin street dey talk sef, BAD BELLE IS ALLOWED...

How can you be asking this kind of question?
Will you allow your wife to have such a close relationship with your own male friends talkless of her own male friends?

Yes, everything looks innocent at first (on the surface) but no relationship that close that will be stagnant, it will either get sour to the benefit of the marriage or get sweeter to the detriment of the marriage.

And again kasala fit show face anytime anyhow. When kasala come shey you wan begin dey do mental count of all those who you/she calls 'male friends', con dey give yourself hypertension?

Looking at it truthfully, those friends can be used as instruments by satan to cause a shaky marriage, at worse a divorce, do you want that?

Do you think all those celebrities who marry and divorce had it in mind before, it is because of one those so called close friends or family friends (mostly males and some females) 'peer pressurized' them!

Oga you better secure your marriage and don't be the cause of broken homes

1 Like

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by dingbang(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2017
olab059:

Hmm! If I may ask, why do you say so?
they are experienced.. Not your regular type of female friend... They have seen it all and beared it all... They give good advice too...

2 Likes

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 03, 2017
Were you born to be friend zoned?,cos your friendzone level is very high.

2 Likes

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Chongaiman: 5:53pm On May 03, 2017
Were you born to be friend zoned?,cos your friendzone level is very high.

Same thoughts here. E be like say the tin dey him body
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 03, 2017
Depends on the state of the marriage. Some friendships cause a lot of insecurities in marriages if that union is already fragile. So this is what I say if a woman is fine with her husband having female friends then she can argue her point. If this is something she is not prepared to consider then the answer is no .

2 Likes

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 6:04pm On May 03, 2017
dingbang:
they are experienced.. Not your regular type of female friend... They have seen it all and beared it all... They give good advice too...

Hmm! Okay.
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 6:06pm On May 03, 2017
Raine80:
Depends on the state of the marriage. Some friendships cause a lot of insecurities in marriages if they are already fragile. So this is what I say if a woman is fine with her husband having female friends then she can argue her point. If she this is something she is not prepared to consider then the answer is no .

Okay. Great comment.
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Galacious1: 6:13pm On May 03, 2017
It's a NO for me. There will always be awkward moments and even if i trust my wife i can't trust the dude.

2 Likes

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 6:24pm On May 03, 2017
Galacious1:
It's a NO for me. There will always be awkward moments and even if i trust my wife i can't trust the dude.

Okay. What if your wife is always quiet but lights up and becomes very active and happy when a friend of yours is around, and even some times asks you when he is coming next, how would you react?

1 Like

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by vicben27(m): 6:58pm On May 03, 2017
no frnds in my matrimonial home i dnt need dat shit! n as for my wife havin male frnds she wont dear try dat shit we'll be best frnds as we already are ,in courtship! hav seen wat some sort of friendship can cause

2 Likes

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by Headlesschicken(m): 6:59pm On May 03, 2017
undecided Depends on d kinda man dey r marrying...

1 Like

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 8:47pm On May 03, 2017
Headlesschicken:
undecided Depends on d kinda man dey r marrying...

Okay.
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 8:48pm On May 03, 2017
vicben27:
no frnds in my matrimonial home i dnt need dat shit! n as for my wife havin male frnds she wont dear try dat shit we'll be best frnds as we already are ,in courtship! hav seen wat some sort of friendship can cause

Hmm! Okay.
Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by darbeelicous(f): 10:19pm On May 03, 2017
marriage z definitely not d end of one's life. I c nothing wrong with it. as long as u keep it open and ur partner knows all about your other friends.

2 Likes

Re: Are Married Women Are Allowed To Have Male Friends? by olab059(m): 11:40pm On May 03, 2017
darbeelicous:
marriage z definitely not d end of one's life. I c nothing wrong with it. as long as u keep it open and ur partner knows all about your other friends.

Okay.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know That A Gal Wants Sex / Hit Or Miss?actress Eniola Badmus Rocks High Waisted Jean / Gay Bobrisky Twerk Sexually In Lekki Night Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.