Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria (13813 Views)

Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index / Nigeria Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index / You Are Hurting Our Business Interests, US Tells Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Otobroto(f): 12:33am On Jan 08, 2010
Terror blacklist: US calls Nigeria’s bluff
From Ike Nnamdi The Sun Reporter, New York [color=#990000][/color]
Thursday, January 07, 2010

Washington is set to call Abuja’s bluff  on a possible diplomatic row over the administration’s decision to put  the country on  its  terror watch  list.
Administration officials have ruled out reversing the  action and dared  Nigeria to  show evidence of a comprehensive plan to fight terror groups.
White House sources said President Barack Obama signed off on the plan based on “preponderance of evidence that Nigeria has become a likely haven for terror groups, like Al-Qaida”.

F.B.I sources said the decision by Washington  to place Nigeria on  its terror watch list  is a preventive measure to  disrupt a likely attack on the country.

Officials disclosed that  reliable intelligence had concluded that terror groups  are likely to use Nigeria  as a base for further attacks.
“For years, the C.I.A has documented  evidence of  Al-Qaida attempting to recruit and gain foothold in Nigeria, and its security agencies  did nothing to confront the threat,” top  Homeland  Department officials stated.
“This is a security situation with the lives of Americans at risk. We are not prepared to  risk American lives  just to satisfy Nigerian officials” administration  sources said.

Besides, the State Department said Nigeria knows what to do to get the country off  the watch  list.”
There  has to be a visible and verifiable evidence that  Nigerian authorities are improving security and intelligence gathering against not just terror groups, but also  extremists and  fundamentalists, especially in the  northern part of the country,” State Department officials stated.
The White House also wants Nigeria to close Islamic schools that teach and influence youths into religious extremism.

“We believe measures like these  would be concrete evidence the country is serious about fighting terror, rather than threatening the United States,”  officials said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/jan/07/national-07-01-2010-01.htm
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Otobroto(f): 12:34am On Jan 08, 2010
Barrack Obama

Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Otobroto(f): 12:38am On Jan 08, 2010
Otobroto:

Besides, the State Department said Nigeria knows what to do to get the country off the watch list.”
There has to be a visible and verifiable evidence that Nigerian authorities are improving security and intelligence gathering against not just terror groups, but also extremists and fundamentalists, especially in the northern part of the country,” State Department officials stated.
The White House also wants Nigeria to close Islamic schools that teach and influence youths into religious extremism.

“We believe measures like these would be concrete evidence the country is serious about fighting terror, rather than threatening the United States,” officials said.

In fact, if only these extremist schools are closed, and they go to conventional schools, then their problems will be half solved in the north.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by sjeezy8: 1:38am On Jan 08, 2010
tru dat close dem schools down and teach real stuvs, that will make Nigerian youth well rounded.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by selingel: 9:51am On Jan 08, 2010
sjeezy8:

tru dat close dem schools down and teach real stuvs, that will make Nigerian youth well rounded.

Those schools are breeding suiciders, and Almajiris. The north does not need them.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Enjoyment1(f): 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2010
Otobroto:

In fact, if only these extremist schools are closed, and they go to conventional schools, then their problems will be half solved in the north.

Will Nigerian leaders close these schools?
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by ud4u: 1:47pm On Jan 08, 2010
there is sense in his speech
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Enjoyment1(f): 3:34pm On Jan 08, 2010
ud4u:

there is sense in his speech

That indeed is their major problem. Until they stop to listening to those inciting sermons in those moques, they will never change, talk less of those their useless terrorists breeding schools.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by santanovva(m): 3:55pm On Jan 08, 2010
Enjoyment1:

Will Nigerian leaders close these schools?

Between the devil and the deep blue sea, they'll try to find a way around the situation considering the hold they have on the reigns of leadership in Nigeria
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Enjoyment1(f): 8:54pm On Jan 08, 2010
santanovva:

Between the devil and the deep blue sea, they'll try to find a way around the situation considering the hold they have on the reigns of leadership in Nigeria

I am tired of these malo!.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by oge4real(f): 10:24pm On Jan 08, 2010
How possible is it for those schools to be closed?
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by real4life: 11:02pm On Jan 08, 2010
Enjoyment1:

That indeed is their major problem. Until they stop to listening to those inciting sermons in those shanks called moques, they will never change, talk less of those their useless terrorists breeding schools.

Must you make derogatory remarks about peoples religion, is that what you were born to do? have you been to a mosque before to hear the "inciting" sermon or are you just a stinking liar

Why do i have the feeling you are a worthless person that will give up his religion(if any) to please a prostitute. Enjoyment ko, embarassment ni

Enjoyment1:

I am tired of these malo!.

Who cares, get a life jor
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by cold(m): 11:15pm On Jan 08, 2010
real4life:

Must you make derogatory remarks about peoples religion, is that what you were born to do? have you been to a mosque before to hear the "inciting" sermon or are you just a stinking liar

Why do i have the feeling you are a worthless person that will give up his religion(if any) to please a love-peddler. Enjoyment ko, embarassment ni

Who cares, get a life jor

Don't taq it personal-u know & i know that u know that i know that those madrasahs are breedin grounds for extremists,fanatics & lately terrorists of international repute.Instead of gettin all hot under the collar go talk to ur islamic clerics to stop the hate sermons & preach the so much talked about 'peace'.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:26pm On Jan 08, 2010
Nigeria is forked,this is the beginning of a prolong islamic armargedom and dungeon,unless of course nigerians see the light fast.

Islamism strive in absolute purgatory and ignorance.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by real4life: 11:31pm On Jan 08, 2010
cold:

Don't taq it personal-u know & i know that u know that i know that those madrasahs are breedin grounds for extremists,fanatics & lately terrorists of international repute.Instead of gettin all hot under the collar go talk to your islamic clerics to stop the hate sermons & preach the so much talked about 'peace'.

I cant defend what I dont know about islamiyyah schools in some countries abroad, but islamic schools in Nigeria only teach reading and writing in arabic, quran and basic knowledge about the islamic religion. fanatism is always a personal decision taken by a few misguided individuals, but they are not taught that in any islamic school.

As much as I am a 100% supporter of compulsory western education to be enforced in the north, I am also 100% supporter of islamic schools because God must always come first.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by real4life: 11:35pm On Jan 08, 2010
redsun:

Nigeria is forked,this is the beginning of a prolong islamic armargedom and dungeon,unless of course nigerians see the light fast.

Nigeria is surely "forked" if boys like you waste all your time on the Internet instead of striving to learn simple english language in school
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by sjeezy8: 11:38pm On Jan 08, 2010
real4life:

I cant defend what I dont know about islamiyyah schools in some countries abroad, but islamic schools in Nigeria only teach reading and writing in arabic, quran and basic knowledge about the islamic religion. fanatism is always a personal decision taken by a few misguided individuals, but they are not taught that in any islamic school.

As much as I am a 100% supporter of compulsory western education to be enforced in the north, I am also 100% supporter of islamic schools because God must always come first.

Lets not lie to ourselves there are some(not all) islamic schools in the North that teach extremism. When Nigeria sets religion apart from government Nigeria will be ready to grow up.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:41pm On Jan 08, 2010
real4life:

Nigeria is surely "forked" if boys like you waste all your time on the Internet instead of striving to learn simple english language in school

Colo,u fell for it.You speak the language u don't understand,hence the stupidity.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by real4life: 11:46pm On Jan 08, 2010
redsun:

Be careful not to make a complete fool of yourself
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by cold(m): 11:47pm On Jan 08, 2010
real4life:

Now u just told a pack of lies right there.I was born & bred in Jos and hav been to nearly all states in the north,as a matter of fact my house in jos which was razed to the ground by your 'peaceful almajiris' was close to a mosque & all i eva heard wheneva i cared to listen was nothin but hate sermons,inciteful indoctrinations & 'death to the infidels' so don't come on here tryin to sound all goody goody we know better.Islam & violence are lyk siamese twins one cannnot exist without the other.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by redsun(m): 11:50pm On Jan 08, 2010
real4life:

Be careful not to make a complete fool of yourself

Fools know themselves,you can't lie to ur conscience.How sick idiots like u make me,u don't get.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by sjeezy8: 11:51pm On Jan 08, 2010
cold:

b]Islam & violence are lyk siamese twins one cannnot exist without the other.[/b]

I dont know what Islam you are talkin about  but the ones in Lagos and SW Nigeria dont preach hate or violence.

[img]http://www.dioceseoflagos.org/photos/Book%20Launch%20(26th%20July%202008)/002His%20Grace%20in%20a%20warm%20embrace%20with%20Barrister%20Tunde%20Fashola%20Executive%20Governor%20of%20Lagos%20State.JPG[/img]

fashola and the archdiocese of Lagos
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by real4life: 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2010
sjeezy8:

Lets not lie to ourselves there are some(not all) islamic schools in the North that teach extremism. When Nigeria sets religion apart from government Nigeria will be ready to grow up.

US Immigration official:   sjeezy8 I said take off your pants, you terrorist
sjeezy8:   But I am not a terrorist
US Immigration official:   Shut up and strip man, are you not a Nigerian
sjeezy8:   Not all Nigerians are terrorists
US Immigration official:   Whatever, now turn around and bend down,
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2010
real4life:

And how does that make sense?
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by cold(m): 11:56pm On Jan 08, 2010
sjeezy8:

I dont know what Islam you are talkin about  but the ones in Lagos and SW Nigeria dont preach hate or violence.

It's the same islam,they just don't find themselves in the majority so they remain docile lyk the cowards they are.

real4life:

grin  grin
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by yeswecan(m): 11:57pm On Jan 08, 2010
sjeezy8:

I have to agree with you AND this goes for Africa at large.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 11:58pm On Jan 08, 2010
real4life:

lol what the hell.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by redsun(m): 12:00am On Jan 09, 2010
A lazy work man,quarrel with his tools.Religious and political extremism is for losers .
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by real4life: 12:04am On Jan 09, 2010
bawomolo:

lol what the hell.

just a funny (i hope) way to describe how frustrating it can be when generalizations are made.

sometimes you get tired of defending yourself for other peoples failings, just because you have something in common
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by sjeezy8: 12:05am On Jan 09, 2010
cold:

It's the same islam,they just don't find themselves in the majority so they remain docile lyk the cowards they are.

grin  grin

Ok great great let them remain that way thats how we like it in the SW of Nigeria 100+ years, please dont come with you shitty attitude fukin it up.

The shitta mosque in Lagos was built by christians.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by sjeezy8: 12:14am On Jan 09, 2010
Agbero boys(muslims and christians) sent Hausas packing when they started in mushin and they will not hesitate to send any christian migrant packing as well.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 09, 2010
This is very fo.ool.ish of US sef.

LOL How are you going to demand a country where almost 50% of its resident is Mus lim to close down Islamic schools? lol

I mean, like wtf?! cheesy cheesy cheesy It's like a form of genocide. . . . trying to get rid of Islamic religion.

If I was mus. lim, I'd find this Unacceptable!!!

Over to you, Nigeria!!  Wake the fucccck up and smell the palmwine.

USA is kicking you around like a useless dogeball

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ACF, CPC, CNPP, & Some Nigerians Defend Buhari's Statement / Suspected Boko Haram Militants Kill Eight, Kidnap 100 In Cameroon / Senate Passes Power Sector Reform Act Amendment Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.