Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria (13832 Views)

Debunking The Lie By BMSG That Nigeria Was Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index / Nigeria Delisted From Corrupt Countries Index / You Are Hurting Our Business Interests, US Tells Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by sjeezy8: 12:32am On Jan 09, 2010
FL Gators:

This is very fo.ool.ish of US sef.

LOL How are you going to demand a country where almost 50% of its resident is Mus lim to close down Islamic schools? lol

I mean, like wtf?! cheesy cheesy cheesy It's like a form of genocide. . . . trying to get rid of Islamic religion.

If I was mus. lim, I'd find this Unacceptable!!!

Over to you, Nigeria!!  Wake the fucccck up and smell the palmwine.

USA is kicking you around like a useless dogeball

He said "The White House also wants Nigeria to  close  Islamic schools that[b] teach  and influence youths into religious extremism."[/b] Obama himself knows that impossible, close down all islamic schools , thats why he said the ones that "teach and influence youths into religious extremism". He went to a muslim school his step father was muslim and his biological father was muslim/later atheist .

He lived in indonesia(86% muslim) and attended a islamic school that was supposedly extremic and then transfered to public school.

So the guy Obama knows what hes talkin about and knows that SOME islamic schools have extremist views, but not all. He knows there are good and Bad muslims

aiight baby kiss wink
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 09, 2010
lol ok, thanks for the info. . . . let me reread the site
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Moneyline(m): 1:09am On Jan 09, 2010
That is serious!
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Beaf: 2:20am On Jan 09, 2010
Right now, the heat is on Islam, but Christianity and all other religion needs to be regulated as well. There are the Jankara human parts market and Okija shrine as well as bizare churches that promise everything from fraudulent miracles to the detection and murder of child witches; these things are every bit as dangerous as the extremism in the North, maybe they are just not yet as big.

We have had an upsurge of truely shameful behaviour in recent times, even from top govt officials regularly spue out rubbish in a bid to sound religious. The truth is that, aside from fraud and outright theft, religion is the only form of business that truely flourishes in our country. The problem runs very deep, just closing down madrasa's will not solve it.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/158574_House_Hell_jpg01064208ef400062573c57800b521738

Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by slap1(m): 11:05am On Jan 09, 2010
We can't do that for Pete's sake! Where is David Mark and his goons? Oya, bring out those ultimatums and get the ball rolling. . .
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by JUO(m): 11:07am On Jan 09, 2010
Those schools are breeding suiciders, and Almajiris. The north does not need them.

beware of any Muslim around u cos he may be with explosive
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by fugocisse: 11:15am On Jan 09, 2010
yes am 101% in support of that! those islamic schools must be closed in other for the north to meet the demands of this morden era.

those islamic school does nothing but to breed brats, huddlums,useless people who are worthless to the community and country at large. they only produce diploma degree holders in curses like al-majiris,boko haram,etc. wake up northeners from your slumber. how could you people ever be slaves to some ill minded people who in the name of religion use you to carry out their helious crimes! habba angry

have you ever seen any of those kids from royal families in any of these al-majiri thing or boko haram thing?? you can never see them their, you can only see them where the school fees are been paid in thousands of dollars,euros and pounds which in place are millions of naira, when conventional schools and universities in nigeria are on strike.

those schools must be barned and let death penalty be placed on any scholer who teaches or preaches about terrorism and to any of the northern huddlums who cause any religion uprising, sanni yerima must be charged with dealth penalty or life jail for terrorising nigerians by impossing sharia law in katsina and envirom. the world is watching.

fellow naija i think GOD is coming to our aid, this is time we make a BIG U turn in nigeria, the blood of igbos are shade in other to have a one nigeria and in that one nigeria we will stand! but we need to vote in who is truely nigerian, i dont care from which ethnic he is coming from, but all i care is someone who will lead us out from this dungeon. ARISE OH COMPATRIOTS, IN ONE NIGERIA WE STAND!
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by hollandis(f): 11:19am On Jan 09, 2010
DORA AKINYULI WE ARE WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE O

ARE YOU GOING TO CLOSE DOWN ISLAMIC SCHOOLS?

YES OR NO?
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by symbolic: 11:34am On Jan 09, 2010
Did Umar Farouk learn his views from Islamic schools in Nigeria or when he was in London. Why is London out of the equation? Why were they not listed?

Its rather unfortunate and I think its time to start looking inwards rather than think of what to do to please western countries so we could travel there for greener pastures. tongue

Maybe if we were as developed as UK, we would never have been listed.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by HERO111: 11:40am On Jan 09, 2010
The wahala of amalgamation of 1914,
How will u bring mentally sound human beings and join them together with imbeciles and you expect progress?
The reasoning capacity is not the same. While the sane man is thinking of building, the insane man is meditating on how to scatter.
1914 Amalgamation: North(Bob Scatter) + South(Bob Gather)= gatherscatter < progress >= poverty , suffering, Religious extremism, terrorism  etc  Q.E.D
Lord Have Mercy.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by slap1(m): 11:49am On Jan 09, 2010
It appears the Quoran is not the same worldwide, because some bad eggs in Islam (who apparently read it too) have succeded in making Islam the most hated on religion on earth.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by kolaoloye(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2010
slap1:

[b]It appears the Quoran is not the same worldwide, [/b]because some bad eggs in Islam (who apparently read it too) have succeded in making Islam the most hated on religion on earth.
The Quran is the same, the fact remains that the religion is not of peace.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by dtwsola(m): 11:54am On Jan 09, 2010
Nigeria shouldn't have to do anything to get off the terror list. We don't deserve to be on it anyway.  Why should we allow the mighty U.S. treat us like dogs. Nigeria does not have a history of international terrorism.  In this case, we have privileged young man, who happens to be a Nigerian national, but spent much of his life outside of Nigeria, and indeed was radicalized in either London or Yemen, but somehow that equates to Nigeria being a terrorist state. Give me a break. That sh.it doesn't add up.  UK had the shoe bomber, and many others, yet they aren't on the list. Not to mention that Al Quaeda's English spokesperson, Adam Gadahn, is a white American man. They should be more concerned about homegrown or ally terrorism than terror from Nigeria. Nigeria might have a lot of problems, but honestly, most of Nigeria's criminals are about money not ideology. No normal Naija man would blow himself up for anything. The U.S is simply being  discriminatory, and they put us on the list because Nigeria, for the most part is not a noteworthy country, so they don't care about offending us. Otherwise Britain would have been on the list as well.

I think Nigeria should retaliate and put the United States on our own terror watch list and subject them to the same treatment that they subject us to.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by kolaoloye(m): 11:56am On Jan 09, 2010
HERO111:

How will u bring mentally sound human beings and join them together with imbeciles and you expect progress?
The reasoning capacity is not the same. While the sane man is thinking of building, the insane man is meditating on how to scatter.
1914 Amalgamation: North(Bob Scatter) + South(Bob Gather)= gatherscatter < progress >= poverty , suffering, Religious extremism, terrorism  etc  Q.E.D
Lord Have Mercy.
What do you think is the way out? Separation
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by dtwsola(m): 11:57am On Jan 09, 2010
Seun, by the way, these your censors are retarded. And why are you only censoring in English? Why not Yoruba and Igbo as well? Complete utter nonsense.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by salamander(m): 12:05pm On Jan 09, 2010
I think Nigerians must wise up. Can't you see what is happening around you? What are the West saying about Nigerian's crime, elections, corruption, population, etc? How about what is going on in the Niger Delta? Does it mean that when all the oil companies are closed, that will solve the problem?

Come on fellas! Those who are engaged in high profile terror act are well educated people trained by the West. Start listing from Bin Laden. The Nigeria kid was not even indoctrinated in Nigeria. Take the look at the guy's background.

I believe the problems must be tacked passionately. I believe in the phrase RE-BRANDING NIGERIA. Take a look - with all the vices in the world, Nigeria seemed to be placed on high. Thus eroding the the gains that million of Nigerians are contribution toward the country's image.

So ask yourself, 'how have I contributed in lifting Nigeria up today?'

Think about that
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Moneyline(m): 12:06pm On Jan 09, 2010
The way out,Nigeria gov. must obey U.S orders.It's time,those extremist lslamic schools be closed.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by habumaks(m): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2010
dtw_sola:

Nigeria shouldn't have to do anything to get off the terror list. We don't deserve to be on it anyway.  Why should we allow the mighty U.S. treat us like dogs. Nigeria does not have a history of international terrorism.  In this case, we have privileged young man, who happens to be a Nigerian national, but spent much of his life outside of Nigeria, and indeed was radicalized in either London or Yemen, but somehow that equates to Nigeria being a terrorist state. Give me a break. That sh.it doesn't add up.  UK had the shoe bomber, and many others, yet they aren't on the list. Not to mention that Al Quaeda's English spokesperson, Adam Gadahn, is a white American man. They should be more concerned about homegrown or ally terrorism than terror from Nigeria. Nigeria might have a lot of problems, but honestly, most of Nigeria's criminals are about money not ideology. No normal Nigerian man would blow himself up for anything. The U.S is simply being  discriminatory, and they put us on the list because Nigeria, for the most part is not a noteworthy country, so they don't care about offending us. Otherwise Britain would have been on the list as well.
I think Nigeria should retaliate and put the United States on our own terror watch list and subject them to the same treatment that they subject us to.
I concur.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by symbolic: 12:22pm On Jan 09, 2010
HERO111:

Lord Have Mercy.

You cant be too sure. Will you be able to control those that will be at the helms of affairs in your region. Its same corrupt set of people in every region (except Fashola for now) whose common interest is to loot the treasury.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by symbolic: 12:25pm On Jan 09, 2010
Moneyline:

The way out,Nigeria gov. must obey U.S orders.It's time,those extremist lslamic schools be closed.

And after this, they may also ask us to wed gay couples and grant them their rights.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by bigrovar(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2010
The biggest irony here is not the clueless Americans, its the brainless Nigerians who cant even use their God given brain to reason. Be a Human being and reason for christ sake.

Mutallab was a decent good boy when he left Nigeria, ( even though he attended "Isamlist" school) It was while he was in the UK that he was radicalised. It is reported that he then travelled to Yemen where he met Anwar al-Awlaki  the same American Terrorist dude linked with to a gunman who ran amok in a US army base in Texas in Nov, killing 13 pple. The UK has more radicals and Terrorist than Nigeria. And facts have showed the more US and UK citizens have been involved in Terror attack than Nigerians. The only one as of yet is Mutallab. How come is Nigeria on a terror list. What evidence does the CIA have about Nigeria. Was this not the same CIA that said Iraq had Weapons of mass destruction.

I have some question for the CIA. How come Mutallab was giving a US visa ( we all know how hard it is to get one ) after he dad warned them of the extremist views of his son.

How did a guy who is suppose to be on terror watch list obtain a visa and even got on a plane?

You say your war is on terror not Islam, but all we always hear is that Islamic schools should be closed. And most Muslims are targetted and mistreated in your country.

Why do you call Terrorist Islamist and in the same vain claim that Islam does not encourage Terrorism. We have a group called the Lords Resistant Army in Urganda. There kill people and Turn childrens to child soldiers. There claim to be Inspired By Christ.  I dont see  them called Christainist group.  Even the KKK use the bible to Legitimise their claims. even Nazi is founded on chritian Values I dont see does being called Islamist .

What makes an Islamist?

How come UK is not in the List of countries Blacklisted? even though most active Terror cells is in Europe?
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by joxiri: 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2010
I remember everyone getting excited about the 1st black american president not too long ago, of what benefit has he been to nigerians and africans in general guess people arent that excited anymore
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Cyberfreak(f): 1:05pm On Jan 09, 2010
The way a lot of the christians on this thread blindly agree with what the U.S. is demanding about closing Islamic schools without even reading between the lines or using their heads to reason that they are being ordered like slaves, shows the amount of 'tolerance' and 'love' these christians have for the muslims they always claim to be violent and intolerant.
Whether you are muslim or christian, please think. Was Umar trained to be a terrorist in Nigeria? Why has Britain, where he was trained, and where a number of other terrorist get training, not been placed on their farcical terror list?
The only reason anyone would agree to this, is if there is already hatred for the Islamic religion seated in their hearts. This seems like an orchestrated plan by the U.S. to suppress the muslims in the most populous nation in Africa. Nigeria SHOULD NOT, NIGERIA HAS NO REASON to be on that list in the first place. They have no right to unjustly place us in the list and then give us demands to get our names off the list. WTH?
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by eyoniggar(m): 1:09pm On Jan 09, 2010
You guys seem not to understand one thing.

For sure Nigeria aint suppose to be on the list at this moment,
but Farouk actually sealed that fate.

Now the U.S.A has been watching us from their Satellite,
viewing all sorts of activities going on. Believe me/You
Nigeria is fast becoming one of the safest haven for terrorist
location, the U.S know what they are doing.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by sjeezy8: 1:16pm On Jan 09, 2010
kola oloye:

The Quran is the same, the fact remains that the religion is not of peace.

Ode oshi

Go and tell Fashola, Gani Fawehinmi and Ribadu that- They are muslims and FAR better than the thieves/animals Erastus akingbola, Uba, Ibori, Ibru.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by Cyberfreak(f): 1:25pm On Jan 09, 2010
@eyonigga, So if Nigeria aint suppossed to be on the list and every body knows it, why can't Nigeria be taken off the list without first ordering them around? And Farouk did not seal that fate for Nigeria. If anything, Britain where he was groomed to be a terrorist and America that seems to have been waiting to put Nigeria on the list, whether justly or unjustly, sealed it.
And for pete's sake, what makes you think that the claim that U.S. is watching the activities going on in Nigeria and have discovered that Nigeria is fast becoming a safe haven for terrorists is true? Because they said so?
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by sjeezy8: 1:35pm On Jan 09, 2010
Nigeria should be on the list because if they werent on the list, "alqaeda" would definately try with another Nigerian because we have easier access to America/UK than arabs . There are many crazy islamic radicals esp from the north who would jump at the chance to do it again. When Terrorist struck America on 9/11 many muslims esp from the north, supported the attack. which says ALOT

Nigerian govt turns a blind eye to alot of religious things(including christian child witches) and this is a wake up call, that its becoming a problem.

SEPERATE RELIGION FROM GOVERNMENT
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by kabola2009(m): 1:43pm On Jan 09, 2010
The major set of people that are causing trouble in the world today are Christians, i will maintain that till am ready to give my reasons. Though, they will never see reason but am saying the truth. Don't ask me to tell you any reason now because am not ready.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by RBiafra: 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2010
Fellow Biafran youths please listen to a message from Voice of Biafra International (VOBI). Let us join hands to save our independent, to save our land, and to save our generations unborn so that when they grow, they will be proud of us. I worked for years as an administrator in Massob before going abroad and have since being using all instruments at my disposal to enlighten our youths about the impending doom that is awaiting us should we fail to act. Every Biafra youth must contribute his/her own quota towards the actualization of Biafra. Every Biafran living in the land of Biafra and in Diaspora should endeavor to obtain the newly launched Biafra Int’l Passport.
It’s good we die as brave men than to die in Nigeria as cowards. Massob spread like a magic, and I was one of the architects. The first answer to Biafra actualization is MOBILIZATION, second is MOBILIZATION, third is MOBILIZATION, many of our youth have not join us in this struggle because they are not well informed or well mobilized. When you are informed then have it as a duty to inform your fellow Biafran, in this you have played your part. Though he/she might argue about our disunity etc, let him/her know that our disunity is caused by Nigeria. Tell him/her that we are the originators of democracy, tell him/her that we are great people, and tell him/her that land case does not go to court in Biafra land; rather we have an in built mechanism to check our excesses. Nigeria holds no future for us all. There is nothing about Nigeria that benefits our people. No value, no benefits at all. Nigeria is already dead and just waiting to be buried. Nigeria has an unwritten constitution which is permanently dust and used only against Biafrans. There fore we cannot leave in a country where corruption is a way of life. Injustice is justice. All evil could be traced at the door of their govt.

{"Employing non-violence, Biafrans have chosen to stay on our own as an independent sovereign state to ascertain the yearnings and aspirations of over forty millions Biafrans"} http://massob.org/ http://biafra.cwis.org/ http://www./

Long live Dim Ojukwu,
Long live Biafran National Guard,
Long live Friends of Biafra
Long live Sovereign Independent Republic of Biafra.

Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by sjeezy8: 1:52pm On Jan 09, 2010
kabola2009:

The major set of people that are causing trouble in the world today are Christians, i will maintain that till am ready to give my reasons. Though, they will never see reason but am saying the truth. Don't ask me to tell you any reason now because am not ready.

They dont do it on the basis of christianity. They dont blow mosque up and says its for Jesus Christs sake.
Christians have learned not to force christianity on people who arent christians muslims need to learn the same.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by kaxqua(m): 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2010
Aside all the crap. Your beloved country was registered by OBASANJO as an ISLAMIC STATE.
Re: Terror List: Close Islamic Schools And Be Delisted - Us Tells Nigeria by phuckNL: 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2010
bigrovar:

The biggest irony here is not the clueless Americans, its the brainless Nigerians who cant even use their God given brain to reason. Be a Human being and reason for christ sake.

Mutallab was a decent good boy when he left Nigeria, ( even though he attended "Isamlist" school) It was while he was in the UK that he was radicalised. It is reported that he then travelled to Yemen where he met Anwar al-Awlaki the same American Terrorist dude linked with to a gunman who ran amok in a US army base in Texas in Nov, killing 13 pple. The UK has more radicals and Terrorist than Nigeria. And facts have showed the more US and UK citizens have been involved in Terror attack than Nigerians. The only one as of yet is Mutallab. How come is Nigeria on a terror list. What evidence does the CIA have about Nigeria. Was this not the same CIA that said Iraq had Weapons of mass destruction.

I have some question for the CIA. How come Mutallab was giving a US visa ( we all know how hard it is to get one ) after he dad warned them of the extremist views of his son.

How did a guy who is suppose to be on terror watch list obtain a visa and even got on a plane?

You say your war is on terror not Islam, but all we always hear is that Islamic schools should be closed. And most Muslims are targetted and mistreated in your country.

Why do you call Terrorist Islamist and in the same vain claim that Islam does not encourage Terrorism. We have a group called the Lords Resistant Army in Urganda. There kill people and Turn childrens to child soldiers. There claim to be Inspired By Christ. I dont see them called Christainist group. Even the KKK use the bible to Legitimise their claims. even Nazi is founded on chritian Values I dont see does being called Islamist .

What makes an Islamist?

How come UK is not in the List of countries Blacklisted? even though most active Terror cells is in Europe?

If you did proper research most of your questions would have been answered. Are you on this same earth that we are on. Your questions have been answered since 1900.

The boy got his visa in 2008. His father reported him in 2009. Are you satisfied now.
To the people asking why the UK is not on a list of blacklisted countries. Come on now!!!!!! Are you for real. Quit being childish.
It is like saying if an american or even several americans commit suicide bombings in Israel, the Israelis will blacklist america. You guys are beginning to sound ridiculous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are Your Questions For The Presidential Media Chat On Sunday? / Magu Quizzed Over ‘Security Vote’ As Panel Battles Internal Cracks - The Cable / Has Anyone Seen Luanda Skyline Lately- Cranes All Over D Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.