Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,871 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

I Am Confused - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Confused (1681 Views)

I Am Confused? / I Am Confused: Christianity Or Islam? / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Confused by sodsak: 1:13pm On May 04, 2017
the bible says in john1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....this verse is simply interpreted to mean jesus is the same as God,If truely jesus was crucified on the cross,that means God died ,so my question is,who was controlling the world when jesus(God) the creator of heaven and earth was killed by those he created, and do we really think God can die for a second talkless of 3 days?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by Nicho118(m): 1:18pm On May 04, 2017
Who was Jesus praying to in the mountain the night before he was crucified?
Re: I Am Confused by Rtopzy(f): 1:29pm On May 04, 2017
There are three persons in one God(trinity) it was only one person among these three persons that was crucified.
Re: I Am Confused by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 04, 2017
Jesus is not Yahweh neither is he Almighty God. Jesus is a spark of the Almighty God in the eternal realm of Barbelo, he came to redeem us from the evil works of Yahweh and his bloody brothers.
Re: I Am Confused by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 04, 2017
You need to wake up from your long fantasy dream. There is no God/gods/luck/miracle/heaven/hell wink

Believe in science! cool

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 04, 2017
sodsak:
the bible says in john1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....this verse is simply interpreted to mean jesus is the same as God,If truely jesus was crucified on the cross,that means God died ,so my question is,who was controlling the world when jesus(God) the creator of heaven and earth was killed by those he created, and do we really think God can die for a second talkless of 3 days?
Good question.

It was a moment of great darkness, which I don't think the bible adequately covered. But you can also notice from the verse that as much as they are one, they are also two definitive entities. Like two parts of the same body. One with more control over the other.
Re: I Am Confused by shadeyinka(m): 3:58pm On May 04, 2017
sodsak:

You think so myopically.

Can a spirit die?
God is a spirit.

Is a spirit localized?
Where is God?

Death just simply means a disconnection of the UNION of the Body with the ( Soul and Spirit.)

A dead person is still alive and conscious and fully aware of himself.

The soul and spirit returns back to THE SOURCE, God for debriefing and judgement.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Confused by Richirich713: 4:01pm On May 04, 2017
This assumes that Jesus cease to exist after he died ,which is false.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2017
sodsak:

Christ experienced physical death not annihilation .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by DeSepiero(m): 4:12pm On May 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Christ experienced physical death not annihilation .

Is Jesus God?

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused by 4kings: 4:28pm On May 04, 2017
Muafrika2:

Good question.

It was a moment of great darkness, which I don't think the bible adequately covered. But you can also notice from the verse that as much as they are one, they are also two definitive entities. Like two parts of the same body. One with more control over the other.
@bolded, So they don't have equal authority?

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:39pm On May 04, 2017
DeSepiero:

Is Jesus God?

Yup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by Wilgrea7(m): 4:40pm On May 04, 2017
sodsak:

Jesus is divine... yes... he's not the supreme God... the Trinity is a pagan invention.. ..

Jesus didn't die for 3 days according to biblical accounts... its barely even two days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 04, 2017
4kings:

@bolded, So they don't have equal authority?
Not in my understanding..

~ One is the father
~ Who gives the Kingdom to whoever he wills, and has given it to his son.
~ Even in reference to his death, the scripture say that he struck HIS son.
~ He Sent his only begotten son in John 3:16
~ Christ referred many times to God as His authority in all he did. If you read the life of Christ, he was limited many times by people, circumstances, God. He even fled persecution. Would God?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:08pm On May 04, 2017
Muafrika2:

~ One is the father
~ Christ referred many times to God as His authority in all he did. If you read the life of Christ, he was limited many times by people, circumstances, God. He even fled persecution. Would God?

This is Arianism you are peddling my dear . Arianism is considered heretical .
Re: I Am Confused by 4kings: 5:12pm On May 04, 2017
Muafrika2:

~ One is the father
Hmmm, this is surprising coming from you.
But at least more logical than others.
Re: I Am Confused by 4kings: 5:13pm On May 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This is Arianism you are peddling my dear . Arianism is considered heretical .
Na you sabi.
Paul was a Gnostic, you are the heretic one. tongue
Re: I Am Confused by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:15pm On May 04, 2017
4kings:

Na you sabi.
Paul was a Gnostic, you are the heretic one. tongue

This is now an argument by repetition . Repeating Paul was a Gnostic upandan doesn't automatically make him one grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by 4kings: 5:20pm On May 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This is now an argument by repetition . Repeating Paul was a Gnostic upandan doesn't automatically make him one grin
Na you sabi, denying the Truth doesn't change the Facts. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:23pm On May 04, 2017
4kings:

There are two interpretations to Muafrika's position about Christ's authority : as a human being and as a fully divine being . Christ as a human didn't have equal authority with God since He was dual-natured [human and divine] and Christ as a divine being- pre and post incarnation - has equal authority with God - impervious to the decisions made by humans , circumstances etc just like God the Father .
Re: I Am Confused by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:26pm On May 04, 2017
4kings:

Na you sabi, denying the Truth doesn't change the Facts. tongue

Again my brother , it behooves you prove that Paul was a Gnostic ; repeating that he was ad nauseum does not automatically make him one . But err , let's focus on the topic . You had your chance on that thread .
Re: I Am Confused by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 04, 2017
4kings:

Not to say he is not divine. He just has ... And knows his place.

(Same goes to KingEbukasBlog )

Whoever call it anything else is expressing their own understanding. This is mine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by sodsak: 6:09pm On May 04, 2017
shadeyinka:

You think so myopically.

Can a spirit die?
God is a spirit.

Is a spirit localized?
Where is God?

Death just simply means a disconnection of the UNION of the Body with the ( Soul and Spirit.)

A dead person is still alive and conscious and fully aware of himself.

The soul and spirit returns back to THE SOURCE, God for debriefing and judgement.

pls help me differentiate btw soul and spirit as u mentioned it in ur comment
Re: I Am Confused by sodsak: 6:12pm On May 04, 2017
Rtopzy:
There are three persons in one God(trinity) it was only one person among these three persons that was crucified.

was jesus man, God,half man, half God,angel? which one exactly bcs i don't know how a person will be part of God

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused by sodsak: 6:14pm On May 04, 2017
Teensway:
Jesus is not Yahweh neither is he Almighty God. Jesus is a spark of the Almighty God in the eternal realm of Barbelo, he came to redeem us from the evil works of Yahweh and his bloody brothers.
how do you interpret John1:1.... do u mean God Yahweh is evil

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused by sodsak: 6:16pm On May 04, 2017
Muafrika2:

Good question.

who among them has more control, who is the creator among them,who will judge us on judgement day among them

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused by sodsak: 6:19pm On May 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There are two interpretations to Muafrika's position about Christ's authority : as a human being and as a fully divine being . Christ as a human didn't have equal authority with God since He was dual-natured [human and divine] and Christ as a divine being- pre and post incarnation - has equal authority with God - impervious to the decisions made by humans , circumstances etc just like God the Father .

you really think christ as human has dual nature,,,,what den should we call him..humangod

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:20pm On May 04, 2017
sodsak:

you really think christ as human has dual nature,,,,what den should we call him..humangod

Demigod wink
Re: I Am Confused by malvisguy212: 6:58pm On May 04, 2017
sodsak:
Nicho118:
Who was Jesus praying to in the mountain the night before he was crucified?
sodsak:
let me give you an exmple, when the disciples ask Jesus to teach them how to pray, how did Jesus began ? Our father who art IN HEAVEN. so what does it mean ? God the father is in heaven, it was God the son who dwell in Jesus, God the father is in heaven . so when Jesus was praying,he was praying as a man to God the father. Jesus is fully man and fully God. the fact that He was born at a particular point of time prove He was a man and the fact that His origin is unknown ( Micah 3:5) prove He was God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused by OtemAtum: 7:06pm On May 04, 2017
Teensway:
That's not what Faulkin(Zeusus) came to the world to do. Rather, he came to reveal the fire of his god to humanity so that by thinking upon fire as a possible afterlife, it could be possible to come to reality after the thinker's death. Then the writer of the Jesus story in our current world did so for the aim of making humanity add a possible afterlife of fire to their thoughts so that they could experience such illusion after death. But thank Nature that Knoliud the power of God has quenched all evil illusions. Wilgrea7 what have you to say?
Re: I Am Confused by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 04, 2017
Its all written,
sodsak:

who among them has more control,
The father is senior to the son,

colossians 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you

12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

who is the creator among them,

By logic, creation will apply here as according to John 1, Jesus is Gods word. I don't think there's is a time he had no ability to speak.

And God "said"

who will judge us on judgement day among them

The father.

This boils down to understanding of events of the end of days as the son first triumphs and takes all kingdoms and rules with a rod of Iron.

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

His rule does come to an end at some point in the future, when rebellion starts again, to eventually when the father descends, and the earth reacts to him differently, the heavens flee, the earth too, and there is non prophecy concerning the rule or the end of his days

Revelation 20
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The lake of fire is mentioned in reference to the fathers judgement.
Re: I Am Confused by Wilgrea7(m): 7:22pm On May 04, 2017
OtemAtum:
That's not what Faulkin(Zeusus) came to the world to do. Rather, he came to reveal the fire of his god to humanity so that by thinking upon fire as a possible afterlife, it could be possible to come to reality after the thinker's death. Then the writer of the Jesus story in our current world did so for the aim of making humanity add a possible afterlife of fire to their thoughts so that they could experience such illusion after death. But thank Nature that Knoliud the power of God has quenched all evil illusions. Wilgrea7 what have you to say?

wilgrea7 says that you really need to read the four gospels before saying what you don't know... you really need to check history.. go and research on hell.. you won't agree... you'll come and start preaching faulkin this faulkin that with apo.elohim saying an entirely different thing grin... read the four gospels.. Jesus taught anything but fear.. fear was never a part of his teachings... i believe you have access to the four gospels... sank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imagine Christianity Without Church, It Will Be Awesome / My Glory Will I Not Share With Another / What Man Truly Is Without God - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.