Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

I Am Confused? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Confused? (1619 Views)

I Am Confused! / I Am Confused: Christianity Or Islam? / Part Of Evolution Theory That Got Me Really Confused....can There Be An Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Confused? by Kholiwe(f): 9:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
Would you say it is illogical for God to punish people in eternal fire? If so, are the Jehovah's Witnesses right in their teachings?
Re: I Am Confused? by johnydon22(m): 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2018
Kholiwe:
Would you say it is illogical for God to punish people in eternal fire? If so, are the Jehovah's Witnesses right in their teachings?

Eternal punishment is inconsistent with the concept of an all loving omnibenevolent being.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Confused? by peteruuu(m): 9:55pm On Dec 22, 2018
There's nothing like 'eternal fire'.
Hell has an end. Only God has no beginning and definitely has no end. If hell is eternal, then it would be equal to God

Do you understand? I'll love to make myself more clearer.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused? by MrPresident1: 9:55pm On Dec 22, 2018
Kholiwe:

The fire is not literal but it is hotter than physical literal fire.

Eternal fire is in eternal separation from God
Re: I Am Confused? by CAPSLOCKED: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2018
johnydon22:
Eternal punishment is inconsistent with the concept of an all loving omnibenevolent being.

ETERNAL FIRE FOR ALL THE CHILDREN IN ASIAN AND EUROPE THAT ARE NOT CHRISTIANS, ALONGSIDE THEIR AFRICAN AND AMERICAN CHRISTIAN FRIENDS WHO COMMITTED HEAVY CRIMES LIKE STEALING SWEETS AND TELLING LIES...... BECAUSE GOD IS LOVE.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Confused? by Dami12345: 10:05pm On Dec 22, 2018
Kholiwe:

Welcome to the awakening.
Re: I Am Confused? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 22, 2018
Do you believe that Satan deceived Adam and Eve in the beginning?

If yes, do you know how he was able to succeed in doing that?

If you say by planting doubt in their mind concerning God's goodness on the basis of what God did or did not do, than you are absolutely spot on.

Once Satan can do that to you then his job of deception is already 50% complete.

If you do not want to be deceived by him, you should observe God as perfect regardless of what He does or did not do.

And with that orientation you can go to Him ask Him any questions you have as such as Abraham had done, with respect to the people of Sodom and Gomorrah, and I'm sure that God would be more than willing to oblige you with whatever answers you desire from Him, as He did Abraham.(Gen 18:20-33)

For that's the way to be curious and yet not be deceived.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused? by Ihedinobi3: 11:33pm On Dec 22, 2018
Kholiwe:

Hi. I'm a Christian, a committed follower of the Lord Jesus Christ according to the Bible.

It is not illogical that God should do so.

On the one hand, every sin is eternal in nature because sin is treason against an Eternal God. When we sin we challenge God's Authority over creation, pretending that we are as good as He is or better and don't need Him or want Him. That is, if we were able to, we would destroy God and take over His Creation. That is what sin means.

For that reason, it is only just that God should punish sin with an eternal punishment.

On the other hand, every good and perfect gift comes only from God. There is no other source of good thing whether of light, of desirable food and pleasing drink, of delightful music and joyful fellowship etc. Every good thing comes from God. So, when anyone rejects God eternally, they necessarily reject every good thing they can have. In the absence of all that is good, the only things available to the person who has rejected God are bad, unpleasant and undesirable things like darkness, pain, regret, sorrow etc.

Now, it is often argued by atheists, like one of those who responded on your thread here, that God's Love is mutually exclusive with His Justice. And I believe that that is what you are really asking too.

I think the answer is self-evident. Imagine a society where there are no penalties for crimes, where murder and libel and kidnapping and thievery can happen with no consequence. Would you consider it a loving world? Would you want to live in it?

Justice may be an unpleasant thing but only for the wicked. It is those who want to do evil who think that justice is a bad or unloving thing to have. But the poor family whose life savings are taken away by a ruthless gang and whose business is destroyed and possibly whose father has been killed would not think it an unloving thing to have the entire gang executed for their crimes against them.

In the same vein, if God does not punish sin as severely as He has told us all that He will, then we can never know peace in the universe. The severity of the punishment is commensurate to the crime. A little white lie told over the course of a few seconds may seem to us to be inconsequential but that is how it feels to us. In fact, if the lie gets us something we want we may even pretend that it was a good thing to do. But if each person were left to decide the moral values of their actions, then we would live in a chaotic world indeed.

So, the little white lie is only little in so far as God Himself considers it little. Unfortunately, He does not. He happens to know way better than us how much damage exactly each wrong choice causes in the Universe He made. Consider that at the end of Human History, the entire Creation will be destroyed because of all the evil that has been done in it. Then a new one will be made where faithful children of God can live without dealing with a corrupted creation. If sin is not that big of a deal, then why would the creation in which it was committed need destroying?

So, God is the One Who truly knows the enormity of the sins committed. If He says that the just punishment for it all is the Lake of Fire for all eternity, what do we know that we should argue with Him?

However, the Lake of Fire is not the punishment for sin. The Lord Jesus already suffered that punishment for everyone. The Lake of Fire is punishment for unbelief because unbelief is unrepentant rebellion against God. Those who reject Christ or refuse to accept Him actively choose to never be reconciled to God in spite of His incredible magnanimity in paying the price for all the damage that they have done to His Creation. There is no place for such people in God's Eternal Kingdom. What would they want with God? If they are allowed into it, they would only just seek to mess it up like they are doing this world today. So, the Lake of Fire is a place separated from God's Universe where these ones must stay away from God and His Family and His Universe. That is fair to God, to His Family Who suffered so much at the hands of these rebels and to the rebels themselves.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused? by LordReed(m): 11:51pm On Dec 22, 2018
Kholiwe:

For a god described as loving and just, eternal punishment is a ludicrous idea. Maybe the god is a cruel god in reality, in which case there is no guarantee that anybody escapes the hell fire. However it continues to elude us, the proof that any god exists, cruel or otherwise.
Re: I Am Confused? by JoannaSedley(f): 2:57am On Dec 23, 2018
LordReed:

For a god described as loving and just, eternal punishment is a ludicrous idea. Maybe the god is a cruel god in reality, in which case there is no guarantee that anybody escapes the hell fire. However it continues to elude us, the proof that any god exists, cruel or otherwise.
That's why the gods are three. The loving one is probably Jesus, the big one is the hell initiator while the spirit one is the hell enforcer. Dude even have a ghost fire to solidify the name tag.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused? by MrPresident1: 6:15am On Dec 23, 2018
Omo, the hustle for souls is real shocked

John 10:29
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

OP, pray to God and do what is right always.
Re: I Am Confused? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2018
There is nothing like Hell Fire. In medieval ages, Hell was coined from El, meaning God. That implies Hell Fire means God of fire. And the term has been existing long before the Christians coined it out. It is used in the similitude of Abyss, Hades etc.

You are served hot what you deserve here on Earth. Do not have illusive thoughts that you will go to Hell before suffering.

Hell fire is just a result of Scientology by the ancient Christians with the intent to describe the abode of the wicked hence commanding a society of people with upright virtues. It means it was employed as a Moral Police.

You would agree that, the Hell fire in Bible is only applicable to the New Testament believers; because they are the Christians(Christians mean gathering of people who are Christ-Like in nature). Meaning, the Judaism people are not Christians as well as the jews in Old Testament.

That drives clarity into the blurry concept of eternal judgement and the Old Testament Jews who are not Christians. The Bible says those who died in Christ would be awoken. Meaning the old testament Jews are not Christians(they are not Christ like) and hence they are not subjected to the Hellish beliefs but they also had a moral compass, which was the 'Law'. Can you see the pattern of the trends in belief, that there are ethical standards to uphold the principle of right and wrong in every sane society in order to attain a near perfect society

So Jesus is just like any moral teacher with high intellect who has built a decent number of followers(Disciples). So, there is no need to fear about the Hell Fire. Just be virtuous and you MUST believe in the higher power, being Godful. This would ensure you identify yourself with a certain teaching as a moral guide.

Higher powers(Godful) may mean you believe in Science as your God(meaning you would deepen your knowledge in science of creation, integral moral rules guiding science etc). Higher powers may also mean Jesus, Buddha etc. Just belong to a community of interest bigger than you, so you can have sense of accountability as well as diligently following moral rules guiding the community.

Just ensure wherever you find yourself, be enlightened and do not be like me shocked.

The world operates like a mathematical model in which outcomes are precisely determined through known relationships among states and events, without any room for random variation. Hence what you do, you get, is a rule that rarely undergoes the system of variation.
Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2018
johnydon22:
I thought He didn't even exist(?)

Lol these people. No matter how many times you are told that YHWH didn't create Hellfire for Humans you refuse to hear. Well, i understand, it's not the flesh/Humanity running scared, it's the demons who are destined for hell residing in men that gets scared and wants men to see God as evil, it won't change anything.

Anyone who is spiritually dead cannot enter into Heaven even if its gatez were thrown open for him. Children of darkness dwells in darkness, simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2018
peteruuu:
There's nothing like 'eternal fire'.
Hell has an end. Only God has no beginning and definitely has no end. If hell is eternal, then it would be equal to God

Do you understand? I'll love to make myself more clearer.
Hell or Hellfire has an end?
I hope you know that Hellfire and Hell are two different places?

Hell otherwise called Hades or the world of the dead or Sheol or The Grave (Not literal) is where all men gather after departing from this earth at death and awaits Judgement day, it is not the same as Hellfire where there's real fire? There is no one in Hellfire yet.

Hellfire is a lake but fire is the water in that lake. this will only be activated after the White Throne Judgment, and it hasn't happened yet. In this lake is where evil men shall die a second death. And Hades shall also be cast in there. Whatever happens here is eternal. Eternal means No End.

So, if you think you'd go to hellfire temporarily, then you must create your own hellfire if you are a child of wrath.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
MrPresident1:

The fire is not literal but it is hotter than physical literal fire.
Eternal fire is in eternal separation from God
Yes, And it is Second death.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2018
JoannaSedley:
That's why the gods are three. The loving one is probably Jesus, the big one is the hell initiator while the spirit one is the hell enforcer. Dude even have a ghost fire to solidify the name tag.
You must be a Catholic to think that Gods are three. You'd have to show me from the Bible where it says the Gods are three.

Jesus is Jehova manifested and the Holy Ghost is His Spirit. ONE GOD.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused? by Kamxin(m): 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

You must be a Catholic to think that Gods are three. You'd have to show me from the Bible where it says the Gods are three.

Can you not differentiate a Christian from pagan. His words are pure atheist in nature.

So no need to insult the mother church
Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
Kamxin:

Can you not differentiate a Christian from pagan. His words are pure atheist in nature.

So no need to insult the mother church
Catholic Church teach Trinity of three persons in One God so anyone who has the concept of three gods has his foundation in Catholicism.

Lol @ Mother Church. More like Mother Harlot.
Re: I Am Confused? by Kamxin(m): 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

Catholic Church teach Trinity of three persons in One God so anyone who has the concept of three gods has his foundation in Catholicism.

Lol @ Mother Church. More like Mother Harlot.

The guy ridicled christianity and you are calling him catholic.

Then which one do you believe and who thaught you?

We are mother harlot because we gave birth to a christian like you
Re: I Am Confused? by rekinomtla(m): 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2018
Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in a hell filled with eternal flames.

1 Like

Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
Kamxin:

No, he didn't ridicule Christianity. He couldn't even if he tried. He ridiculed Catholicism which teaches idolatry.
Re: I Am Confused? by Kamxin(m): 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

No, he didn't ridicule Christianity. He couldn't even if he tried. He ridiculed Catholicism which teaches idolatry.

I thought I posed a question to you. Have you answered it? befor looking for people to insult
Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
Kamxin:

I thought I posed a question to you. Have you answered it? befor looking for people to insult
Who are the people i'm insulting? Is your name Catholic?

Which question did you ask?
Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2018
Dami12345:

Welcome to the awakening.
Yes, awakening into second death. R.I.Ps
Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 11:33pm On Dec 23, 2018
rekinomtla:
Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in a hell filled with eternal flames.
JW does not even believe in the supernal realm. In reality, they are closet atheists.
Re: I Am Confused? by Kamxin(m): 11:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
Anas09:

Who are the people i'm insulting? Is your name Catholic?

Which question did you ask?

There you go again. Try again next time
Re: I Am Confused? by Dami12345: 4:31am On Dec 24, 2018
Anas09:

Yes, awakening into second death. R.I.Ps

Lol.
grin grin fear tactics.
Fortunately I've out grown them.
Re: I Am Confused? by JoannaSedley(f): 2:37pm On Dec 24, 2018
Anas09:

grin grin grin
Jesus will never be the mass muderer or the havoc loving god depicted in your holy book. Naaaa. The dude is a legit guy...talking about peace everywhere, turning water into wine so people will make merry and so on.
I am so wary of the Christian god and his spirit....both are quite destructive, jealous and loves strife and wars.
The tag of being a Catholic is funny. I like them because they knows where all the bodies are buried.
Re: I Am Confused? by JoannaSedley(f): 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
Kamxin:

I am a lady.
Not a pagan. Just indifferent.
The hypocritic posts of some of the Christians here push their confused brethren who are sitting on the fence over the edge like the poster you quoted.
Re: I Am Confused? by Anas09: 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2018
Dami12345:

Lol. grin grin fear tactics. Fortunately I've out grown them.
No werris. Just wait for death.
Re: I Am Confused? by ccarefulwind2(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2018
Kholiwe:

I will reply you based on the religious concept you have in your mind.

Now, know that hell or heaven is in your heart, driven by your thoughts; good or bad, love or hatred, life or death... Provb 4 : 21 - 23.

Enjoy yourself and your blessings from your God, keep your heart pure, stick to the right path and you will be safe.

Every religion have their own ways, that they have programmed, for their members to follow.

Be watchful.

Peace...
Re: I Am Confused? by ccarefulwind2(m): 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2018
JoannaSedley:
I am a lady.
Not a pagan. Just indifferent.
The hypocritic posts of some of the Christians here push their confused brethren who are sitting on the fence over the edge like the poster you quoted.

cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Truth About Flat Earth From A Biblical Perspective / Kenneth Copeland Fleecing Some Simple And Gullible Christians / Why Do Christians "Chicken Out" ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.