Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,375 members, 7,819,365 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items (32857 Views)

Why You Should Worry Again About The Central Bank’s New Forex Ban / [TUTORIAL] Cheapest Way To Buy Items From Aliexpress With Forex Ban / Akwa Ibom Manufactures Toothpicks (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 04, 2017
What was the essence of banning them at first.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Seun(m): 5:53pm On May 04, 2017
eledalo:
Back and forth. Consistency in policy is key
Yep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by magzey: 5:53pm On May 04, 2017
fake News grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by isblog(m): 5:54pm On May 04, 2017
I thought the plan was to develop this country, give room for our own production? Why go backwards?

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Mrjo(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Not good actually.

Items with indigenous substitutes should remain banned.

Employment generation things.

My thought though.

Imagine, lifting this ban after some individuals have committed some money into agriculture.
so u mean ụ like buying 1 paint of garri for 1k?

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by mangood74: 5:56pm On May 04, 2017
policy summersult
this APCS are bunch of confused and lying idiots can you imagine the sufferings and the p,ains these over
rated buffons caused nigerians and biafrans

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by crestedaguiyi: 5:56pm On May 04, 2017
Seun:
Yep.

enjoy the change you promoted grin grin grin

my people will still make money no matter were the economy swings.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by SalamRushdie: 5:56pm On May 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Not good actually.

My thought though.

Imagine, lifting this ban after some individuals have committed some money into agriculture.

Such protectionism is what is actually killing our industrial efforts ..I am of the school that local industries should be protected with lower taxes , cheaper loans rates and not banning foreign alternatives outrightly

2 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by system21: 5:57pm On May 04, 2017
This government sha.... when are they going to left the ban on rice. So the suffering and pain Nigeria passed through due to this ban in 4 nothing

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by hedonistic: 5:58pm On May 04, 2017
Policy flip-flops, kalo-kalo system of governance... the hallmark of the Nigerian government under Buhari.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by crestedaguiyi: 5:58pm On May 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Not good actually.

My thought though.

what were they thinking when they placed the ban.

not like they improved on anything. it was a grand plan to stifle the traders who 60% of them are from a region.

how e be them now.

mad people

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by deflover(m): 6:00pm On May 04, 2017
ProfTea20:
silly news.

It should have read CBN lifts IMPORTATION ban on toothpicks, 47 others.

The ban was on importation to protect the Naira and not directly on forex. Besides, this does not have anything to do with forex deregulation.

Poor reporting.

And this your ogogoro explanation really helped grin

Nonsense was done and u still support it
You banned so that things that can be sourced locally should be produced so which one to protect the naira
So with this now how will they protect the naira
Will importers buy tooth pick in naira
Using ur brain is not so hard you know

4 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 04, 2017
They are simply trying to stabilize the fx market
Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by darlinsval(m): 6:04pm On May 04, 2017
Former pres. Jonathan economic blueprint has just been vindified.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 04, 2017
deflover:

And this your ogogoro explanation really helped grin

Nonsense was done and u still support it
You banned so that things that can be sourced locally should be produced so which one to protect the naira
So with this now how will they protect the naira
Will importers buy tooth pick in naira
Using ur brain is not so hard you know
You are not making any sense
Try to comprehend what I wrote before commenting.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by chronique(m): 6:05pm On May 04, 2017
What exactly has this government achieved since they have returned to all the previous policies which they claimed were bad? 2 years of our national lives, have just been wasted.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Clone2020(m): 6:06pm On May 04, 2017
If you are in the US or have relatives in the US trying to send money to naija, I will exchange the funds at 340/$, simply deposit into my US bank account and receive instant funding into your Nigerian account. Don't bother with western Union and co, they exchange at 355/$ with fees and the exchange rate drops to around 316/$...

Hurry before it drops even further..

Contact in signature
Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 04, 2017
Not sure about this.
Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by chloride6: 6:13pm On May 04, 2017
ProfTea20:

You are not making any sense
Try to comprehend what I wrote before commenting.

Oga you wrote trash

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by tollulope080(m): 6:19pm On May 04, 2017
how can this country develope wen items that have close substitute whic are suppose to banned are flowing in the economy palm oil for that mater wen we have farmers who have committed there funds to this and now the barn is lifted how do they expect local farmers to compete when will this country stop been a dumping ground I weep for this country

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by maasoap(m): 6:19pm On May 04, 2017
Splashme:
So, where is that gorilla from Ota Farm? What does he have to say?

I remember how Obasanjo insulted GEJ for allowing importation of toothpick

The man enjoys seizing every opportunity to insult GEJ.

Honestly, Jonathan is too humble for allowing Obasanjo to continue abusing him gleefully at every available opportunity. People will say seniority, but what sort of seniority is that? An old man that is refusing to respect himself.
You're sick.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 04, 2017
LaDolceVida:
Someone please help me with my jamb form . its closing tomorrow and i haven't registered, please help a soul, on my knees its 5,000 1130567471 skye Bank no one has helped so far cry cry

Why not sale your phone and buy jamb form?

4 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Mcreloaded(m): 6:21pm On May 04, 2017
Confused government using our economy to play kalokalo
This try your luck government is in for a long thing

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Truth234(m): 6:22pm On May 04, 2017
@Adesiji77 This is actually wrong as our weak foreign revenue will not be enough to service key sectors. Maybe CBN doesn't know that global oil has erased all its gains since OPEC reached consensus in November as at today. Meaning oil price is on its way to $45/barrel.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 04, 2017
chloride6:

Oga you wrote trash

Not true. Explain to me how I wrote "trash"

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by pokipoki: 6:31pm On May 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Not good actually.

My thought though.

Imagine, lifting this ban after some individuals have committed some resources into agriculture.

Policy somersault. That's why Nigeria cannot really develop. I expected such ban should be in place for at least 10-15 years to develop that industry. Really pathetic!!!

2 Likes

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by joinnow: 6:33pm On May 04, 2017
Cbn don misroad again
One step forward ten steps backwards grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by LionDeLeo: 6:35pm On May 04, 2017
pokipoki:

Policy somersault. That's why Nigeria cannot really develop. I expected such ban should be in place for at least 10-15 years to develop that industry. Really pathetic!!!

Exactly.

Imagine, based on that policy (the ban), I'm quite sure some individuals had committed a lot of resources in different ventures, only for this bombshell.
Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by johnsurvive: 6:36pm On May 04, 2017
what about rice. do they also lift ban on its importation.
Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 04, 2017
one step forward and two steps backward.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by Innomach(m): 6:40pm On May 04, 2017
ProfTea20:
silly news.

It should have read CBN lifts IMPORTATION ban on toothpicks, 47 others.

The ban was on importation to protect the Naira and not directly on forex. Besides, this does not have anything to do with forex deregulation.

Poor reporting.
The items were not banned but were restricted from officially assessing forex exchange to importing them. The restriction forced importers to start sourcing forex through parallel markets which ofcourse raised the demand for forex at the black market. Now that they have removed the restrictions, it then means that importers can once again officially apply for forex from the banks and not patronize the black marketers and of which they envisage to help crash the dollar rate. I hope you now understands how it relates

1 Like

Re: CBN Lifts Forex Ban On Toothpicks And 47 Other Items by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:41pm On May 04, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Not good actually.

My thought though.

Imagine, lifting this ban after some individuals have committed some resources into agriculture.

You are 100% correct.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Multipurpose Cooperative Society "World Bank Grant" SCAM / Obafemi Olopade: My Calabar Condom, Syringe Factories Were Killed By Government / Emefiele: Oba Otudeko Rebuffed My Pleas On First Bank Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.