Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,552 members, 7,812,762 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan (15001 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust / Buhari Inaugurates 2 Manufacturing Plants In Kano / President Buhari Commissions Two Manufacturing Plants In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Blue3k2: 1:47am On May 05, 2017
By Emmanuel Elebeke

ABUJA—Minister of Finance, Mrs Kemi Adeosun, has urged Japanese Trade and Investment Mission to invest in Nigeria by setting up manufacturing plants, instead of shipping-in finished products.

The Minister stated this in Abuja yesterday, while discussing with a Japanese Public and Private Joint Mission in efforts to promote trade and investment in Nigeria.

Adeosun told the big Japanese companies that the country is ready to continue to do business with the rest of the world.

The Japanese Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs led the 32 private sector and government organisations to the Ministry of Finance for the engagement.

She said Nigeria would welcome Japanese investors in banking, insurance, manufacturing and other sectors.

“We will assist you to do well. Many companies came into Nigeria and are doing very well and there is nothing to stop Japanese firms from doing very well,’’ she said.

Adeosun said government was vigorously working to improve the country’s business environment by investing in transportation infrastructure and had made doing business in Nigeria easier.

She said: “Specific reforms by removing lots of impediments, fiscal incentives to facilitate your coming into Nigeria to invest and drive your businesses, are being put in place.’’

Adeosun noted that Africa’s biggest economy was now out of recession and would grow again, adding that the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan, ERGP, articulated by the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari was designed to stabilize the economy and propel it to growth.

The Minister told the Trade and Investment Mission that the Plan envisaged stabilising the macroeconomic environment, boosting agricultural production for food security, ensuring energy sufficiency, improving transportation infrastructure and driving industrialization through manufacturing.

She stated that there were opportunities for the Japanese private sector investors, especially through Public Private Partnerships, PPP, in the development of transportation infrastructure, hydropower and ports

Adeosun expressed appreciation to the Japanese government for supporting and executing many projects through the Japan International Cooperation Agency, JICA.

Earlier in his remarks, the leader of the Mission, the Japanese Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Shunsuke Takei, said they were on a Mission to Nigeria as part of efforts by the Japanese government to actualize the US$30 billion Public and Private investment pledge made in August 2016 during the sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD) in Nairobi, Kenya, which was attended by President Muhammadu Buhari.

He said that given the size of the Nigerian population and market as well as its economic recovery and potential for growth, Japanese investors were desirous of investing in Nigeria, but noted challenges in the areas of security, legal and power environments.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/need-manufacturing-plants-not-finished-products-adeosun-tells-japan/

16 Likes

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by mykelmeezy: 2:05am On May 05, 2017
FTC ooo

audu ogbeh ..the minister of agric has looted over 6.9 billion

owing over 1m farmers n no1 is talking about it

the innefectual bastard is in brazil as we speak

heard he's from benue....so i guess benue has been cursed with bad leaders

back to the matter

fvck all buhari apointees

he took 6 months to appoint useless worthless incompetent ineffectual thieves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Okoyiboz3: 2:06am On May 05, 2017
So that you can take light when they are producing, abi?

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Tazdroid(m): 2:18am On May 05, 2017
Proudly the Consumers-General of the Federation

Some manufacturing companies both locally and foreign owned have folded up in the past few years owing to the forever epileptic power issue in the kontiri.

The moment power supply is guaranteed 24/7, the economy would get much better cos a lot of businesses heavily depend on power

but some of us know that the govt is not ready to solve the lingering power issue. I mean, picture Nigerians having power uninterrupted. The demand for refined fuel would drop drastically and a lot of money would be lost by the govt (especially the looters)

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Blue3k2: 2:33am On May 05, 2017
It would be great to have Japanese rail. I heard they have the magnetic rails that float. I just wonder how our forex policy will come it play. There's obvious concerns they have listed in the article like power, secruity and legal issues. Let's see how this plays out.

She stated that there were opportunities for the Japanese private sector investors, especially through Public Private Partnerships, PPP, in the development of transportation infrastructure, hydropower and ports.

3 Likes

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by sarrki(m): 2:36am On May 05, 2017
Kemi We are proud of you

Keep the flag flying

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by sarrki(m): 2:38am On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Nigerian youth

Most of them don't even know the meaning of opposition

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Okoyiboz3: 2:41am On May 05, 2017
Blue3k2:
It would be great to have Japanese rail. I heard they have the magnetic rails that float. I just wonder how our forex policy will come it play. There's obvious concerns they have listed in the article like power, secruity and legal issues. Let's see how this plays out.

See this guy, you're talking of Japanese rail like say you no know the country wey you dey.

If the rail dey go Ibadan and Nepa take light, how you wan manage? Where you wan see gala buy inside bush?

By the time you dey inside train when Nepa take light and you trek from Sagamu to Berger, na here for Nairaland I go dey read am. You go reach house dey shout 'water water' like person wey dem nack jazz.

72 Likes 13 Shares

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Okoyiboz3: 2:42am On May 05, 2017
sarrki:

Nigerian youth

Most of them don't even know the meaning of opposition

It's like you want your life to be like Buhari's government?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by rheether(f): 2:43am On May 05, 2017
Lol! How will they power the machines?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by MONITZ: 2:46am On May 05, 2017
When we re not even serious as a country with our president classifying us as a very corrupt people outside the shores of Nigeria and nobody wants to invest in a country whose president has negative speeches coming from his mouth every now and then...

We re not yet ready as a country, and these countries know this fact and nobody and I mean nobody would stand and watch his money go down the drain. ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Blue3k2: 2:50am On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

See this guy, you're talking of Japanese rail like say you no know the country wey you dey.

If the rail dey go Ibadan and Nepa take light, how you wan manage? Where you wan see gala buy inside bush?

By the time you dey inside train when Nepa take light and you trek from Sagamu to Berger, na here for Nairaland I go dey read am. You go reach house dey shout 'water water' like person wey dem nack jazz.

Whats your issue do you come to these threads to wail? I mentioned the issues with power in my initial comment. Btw I didn't see you crying when General Electric got contract for building rail. Lastly that's why I ended comment with let's see. As in let's see how they address the issues the Japanese mentioned.

3 Likes

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Okoyiboz3: 2:58am On May 05, 2017
Blue3k2:

Whats your issue do you come to these threads to wail. I mentioned the issues with power in my initial comment . Btw I didn't see you crying when General Electric got contract for building rail. Lastly that's why I ended comment with let's see. As in let's see how they address the issues the Japanese mentioned.

You may think I'm wailing or whatever you call it but I'm being realistic.

This is a project that runs on considerable amounts of electricity. Unfortunately, it is being planned by a set of people who have not achieved their previous plans of increasing electricity generation and distribution.

You should look at the track record of delivery of similar projects before being unnecessarily exited.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Amberon: 4:09am On May 05, 2017
Lol
Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by basty: 4:22am On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

This guy needs to be deported to Sambisa forest. One of the setback affecting Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by IamPatriotic(m): 4:50am On May 05, 2017
Great call though, but we need to get our acts together first,resolve the headers crisis that is bedeviling us, then we can attract foreign investors even without having to compromise our sovereignty.

1 Like

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Okoyiboz3: 4:54am On May 05, 2017
basty:

This guy needs to be deported to Sambisa forest. One of the setback affecting Nigeria.

It takes about 4,000 different parts to produce a single car. These products are produced and sourced from various countries and delivered to the vehicle plants.

You probably have never run a business in Nigeria and you are ignorant of the enormous challenges in the areas of power, multiple taxation and corruption. All you want is for them to construct factories here so that you can carry headpan and see money to eat.

Let the government fix electricity alone and see how Nigerians would be able to power their businesses and employ more people. SMEs account for 70% of businesses in Nigeria. If they have stable electricity, the opportunities are limitless.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by EnkayDezign: 5:07am On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

14 Likes

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by blackpanda: 6:03am On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Please be quiet and go back to bed
This is for adults

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Vicolan: 6:08am On May 05, 2017
Good development but why things are still socket rocking at the market.......... The inflation is unbearable
Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by donaldinho111: 6:10am On May 05, 2017
blackpanda:

Please be quiet and go back to bed
This is for adults
Gullible adults shouting. Sai barber, up APC , body odour and other useless slangs.... Just 2 years and you all have become laughing stocks....

KIAKIAKIAKIAKIA grin cheesy grin cheesy

Sai barber till 2027

21 Likes

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by blackpanda: 6:15am On May 05, 2017
donaldinho111:
Gullible adults shouting. Sai barber, up APC , body odour and other useless slangs.... Just 2 years and you all have become laughing stocks....

KIAKIAKIAKIAKIA grin cheesy grin cheesy

Sai barber till 2027

Haba. U sure you are OK

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by donaldinho111: 6:26am On May 05, 2017
blackpanda:

Haba. U sure you are OK
Wish you had self values....Unfortunately, you lack one.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by sarrki(m): 6:28am On May 05, 2017
donaldinho111:
Wish you had self values....Unfortunately, you lack one.

New confused wailer

1 Like

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by donaldinho111: 6:31am On May 05, 2017
sarrki:

New confused wailer

Comedian, shift go one side abeg! It is too early for entertainments

7 Likes

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Pavore9: 6:38am On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

Wetin, if NEPA take light na to on generator and continue the journey! cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by MrEverest(m): 6:53am On May 05, 2017
This should just shut it and go take a sit. RUBBISH!
Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Nobody: 7:08am On May 05, 2017
Investors won't take a country that has struggled with basic infrastructure such as power since 1960 seriously. Madam minister,we must tackle these monsters of epileptic power supply and infrastructural deficit with all that we have so as to stop being seen as a dumping ground for imports from Asia and Europe. Fact.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Defaramade(m): 7:27am On May 05, 2017
Easier said than done
Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by ednut1(m): 8:29am On May 05, 2017
U need sense Kemi . No enabling environment and u want dem to come here. Ode

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Goddex: 8:29am On May 05, 2017
We
Re: We Need Manufacturing Plants, Not Finished Products, Adeosun Tells Japan by Hades2016(m): 8:30am On May 05, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

It's like you want your life to be like Buhari's government?
epic reply

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IMF Should Provide Alternatives To Nigeria If Loans From China Is Bad - Elumelu / Olufemi Aduwo Replies Adoke: I Initiated Tinubu’s Trial / Car Of Amos Mathew (New Nigerian Editor) Stolen At APC Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.