Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,537 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

The Damned - Written By Hotwax - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Damned - Written By Hotwax (1868 Views)

Analysis Of Lonely Days Written By Bayo Adebowale / Short Story: "LOVE'S GRIEF" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola / The Damned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 4:28pm On May 08, 2017
I could still see Ijini because it was operating in human dimension, meaning any human could see it with their naked eyes. We set out on our journey. Ijini led, I followed. We headed in another direction other than the previous. This time, we were heading towards Oyo. We journeyed night and day for 2 days without meeting any human or life form until we got to a mysterious rocky region. Ijini told me to be at alert here. It said where are getting closer to a juncture where everyone is on its own. You cannot help me, I cannot help you. This is where a pretender is differentiated from a valor.
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 4:30pm On May 08, 2017
The stone passage of gods

Ijini explained further “This is the boundary separating humans from the gods. Once you cross it, there is no return. After this path comes our death”. I shrugged it off. I said “We will not die in this journey. We will come back safely.” It looked in my eyes in anger and mustered “You are a sacrifice meat. Death is your destiny. Destiny is unfair to me. That is why I have to go along with you to be sacrificed with you. I hope the gods will favor me.” It continued further “This is called Oke-Iparun. There is a steward living in those stones. Be ready.” I said “I am hoping to meet him. I hope he will be friendly”. Ijini looked at me and laugh mischievously. It said “Meet him? He is no human? He is beast that only understand one language. Blood!

The only way to make it out live here is not to provoke the beast”. I asked “What provotes it?” Ijini replied “I was not told” I saw carcass of humans and other unidentified animals everywhere. We walk half way through this landmark full of rocks of different sizes. Nothing happened. Everywhere was silence.

On about few stone throws to the other end of the landmark, a big teste fly came flying provocatively and attempting to enter my right hear. At first, I gave it no attention until I discovered it was violent and hell bent on harming me. I had no option but to clap for it. I got it in-between my hands. My hands were smeared in blood. Then suddenly, we heard a sound of a thunderous cry of a giant from under the ground. We could hear a giant metallic gate opening up under the ground. The sound effect cause everywhere to tremble.

And suddenly not far from us, land started opening up like giant earth quake. Then came from the ground a huge, tall and black man. It had a whip of burning flame on its hands. Its two eyes are like windows to a burning furnace. It stood like humans, but its legs are that of an unidentified animal. Its look more of a lion. Ijini began to tremble in fear. On sighting us, it sent its whip flapping at me. I bent down to dodge it. The unlucky rock that stood in the way of the whip shattered into pieces. That was when I knew what I got myself into. The whip looked flexible but could break anything it comes in contact with.
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 4:35pm On May 08, 2017
It kept trying to whip me, while I used my body size advantage to avoid its whipping. This made it furious the more and try harder. Slowly, it pushed us back to the entrance of the walk-way. I suddenly noticed something. The entrance we passed suddenly became close with darkness. It was as if there was a barricade at the end. Therefore were running towards a closed wall. And that will allow the beast to catch up on us with no alternative path for escape. I ran out of ideas. Then a thought came to my mind. I remembered this beast was living in the same dimension as humans. And I remembered the green lord told me I now have the same power as the green beings. Without wasting time, I quickly recite the incantation the green lord taught me. Yet, nothing happened. I decided that incantation was not relevant with the problem at hand at that particular time. The beast was already close to us with our back against the dark wall. Then suddenly, I quickly took a gamble. I said “I choose to enter a dimension higher than that of any human”. Then suddenly I felt day light became brighter. The monster stopped, looked left and right, and started searching everywhere for something. Then I realized it was looking for me as I had become invisible to it. To my surprise, it was a mistake.
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 4:39pm On May 08, 2017
Ijini the burden
The beast then immediately changed its tactics. It shifted its attention to Ijini, it started attacking Ijini. That was when I knew Ijini did not enter the new dimension with me. Ijini struggled to dodge the whip for a while, then it started showing a sign of tiredness. Ijini was too precious for me to lose at this time. Then I had no choice but to try and save Ijini. I moved close to this beast, still unseen, with full force, I struck one of its giant foot digits with my cutlass.

It roared in pain and shifted its attention to its leg examining it to determine what could be wrong. It saw nothing because I was invisible. It raised its whip again to attack Ijini. I struck again harder on another digit. It aborted and took a look at his leg. It still did not see anything. Then it slowed down and started looking at Ijini with bewilderment. I sensed he thought Ijini was the one attacking it. I told Ijini to hide under a stone. Ijini was surprised to know I was with them despite not visible.

I seized that opportunity, I continued attacking its foots repeatedly without stopping to breath. It screamed in agony and started running away in fear. It ran towards a rock. In an attempt to climb this rock for escape, its leg slipped, and fall flat. It made no move to stand up. Then, the ground started shaking and opening up like a crack right under it. Like a snake swallowing its prey, the ground swallow it. The passage suddenly opened up on both ends. Then I asked to return back to human dimension. Ijini saw me, ran to me, bowed its head and started licking my feet. It started singing my praise. In disbelief, it said “No human has ever achieve this feat. Only gods are capable of defeating this beast. I will forever be in your debt.
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 4:39pm On May 08, 2017
To be continued

1 Like

Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by cuteesthy(f): 9:37pm On May 08, 2017
nice update
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by Donpeteranking(m): 5:43pm On May 09, 2017
nice one bro more
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by cuteesthy(f): 4:07pm On May 10, 2017
haaa, no update as u promised
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 11:34am On May 11, 2017
-----Update------------------

Ijini
We continued our journey with courage, new relationship and energy. We were filled with confidence. At that stage, I had nothing to fear. I thought, after all, I have encountered a feared monster and I overcame it. We walked though thin and thick of the forest and plantation of Awe. We walked till sun set, and we felt there is a need to rest and eat something. I noticed Ijini was totally famished and tired. I was hungry but could still go few days without eating because I feed on edible fruits I see as we walk.

However, I still felt the need to eat food. My body felt like I was missing oil and spices. I asked Ijini “what is on your food list?” She responded “Food list? I have no food list. The only food I have is flesh”. Then I murmured “Oh what did I even expect… you have a dog head”. So we decided to stop and hunt. We agreed to thread separate paths and meet at the same spot after the hunt.
I was not lucky to get any wild hunt. I only manage to kill a small bush rat. But its flesh will not satisfy child. After many unlucky attempts, I decided to go back to our agreed meeting point. What I saw at the meeting point baffled me.
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 11:36am On May 11, 2017
I saw ijini with two wild rabbits. She was already devouring one raw. The sight was gory to me. I went there, I dragged the two kills away from it. I said angrily “how on earth will you devour meat raw? Do you want to spoil our meal?” It snapped back at me, this time her female voice was off, her voice was like that of an angry dog. With a growl, it said “Spoil what meal? The meal is still fresh and the blood is tasty?” I said “A tasty food is a food well cooked with seasoning”. She said “hold it right there. Remember I am no human. It is only a human who will burn out the sweetness of a food in the name cooking” She continued “I beg you please do not spoil this food for me” I got tired of the argument and I replied “I will not have you behave like retched dog while hunger punishes me here”.

Suddenly it just stood still, became disabled like a boiled vegetable. Sadness took over face. She walks away and sat under a tree close by. I just ignored it. Prepare a fire, plucked some scented leaves and spices and started roasting the meats. I made a delicious barbeque. When I finished, I took a portion and gave it to Ijini. It ignored my gesture, I asked, “what is wrong with you? What did I say wrong?” After many persuasions, she said “you called me a dog”. I replied “I was furious then. I guess you are hurt by my words. I am sorry for all my actions”. She replied
“You do not need to plead. It is not your fault.
You do not know my past.
You do not know who I am.
You do not know why I am like this.”
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 11:39am On May 11, 2017
These words alerted me. I asked “Who or what are you?” She replied “It is a secret I have been keeping for time uncountable. People see me and say see a monster. Run!I t is an abomination! kill it! Little did they know that I was once human. My name was Ajisoge. I was a beautiful lady, a daughter of a village chief. Ife Odan is my village. I was the most beautiful lady in Ife Odan. This made me the hotspot of all men in my village, be it married and single, old and young. I attracted many suitors and admirers. The distraction was so much on me that I began to lose focus. I did not like any man. I could not distinguish men. I got carried away by the noise of the market. I refused to accept all men coming to me.
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by motherlode: 7:24pm On May 11, 2017
Oya! Hotwax come here now. cheesy
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by ashatoda: 7:57am On May 12, 2017
this is so interesting hotwax keep it up I read it through at a sitting. but I felt so touched by this story that it seem so real like a real life story please more updates
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by Donpeteranking(m): 12:42pm On May 12, 2017
o boy oga hotwax come download some tin na d suspense nor good for beginning like dis o
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
Sorry guys. I have been busy on a software project with a crazy timeline. The coast is clear now. I will conclude it this week.
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by hotwax: 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2017
ashatoda:
this is so interesting hotwax keep it up I read it through at a sitting. but I felt so touched by this story that it seem so real like a real life story please more updates

Working on it.
Re: The Damned - Written By Hotwax by Lildiamond: 7:01pm On Nov 14, 2017
Very interesting story

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Are Hiring Full-time Writers ** APPLY ** / The Crazy Life Of The Michaels Family! / After Her Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.