Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

Ghana-naija Jollof Wars - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ghana-naija Jollof Wars (408 Views)

I Served My Boyfriend With Jollof Mixed With My Shit – Ex-girlfriend Discloses / When Ghana Jollof Meets Naija Jollof (photos) / Marriage Between Nigerian Man And Ghanaian Bride Sparks Up Jollof Rice Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghana-naija Jollof Wars by LePrezident(m): 11:35am On May 05, 2017
So I was eating Jollof this morning and I was inspired to jot down my romantic take on the intermittent Ghana - Naija Jollof wars we keep having on social media especially twitter and my take are as follows;

1. It is the height of b*ffoonery to engage in a war about food. I mean how can you argue one country's Jollof being better than the other as if Nigerians or Ghanaians have a single universal Jollof cook in their respective countries which gives every Jollof cooked in every household in the country the same unique taste, feel and smell? Is there a unique agreed way every man or woman in Naija or Ghana cooks Jollof that entitles people to go to war on such trivial BS?

2. Most of those who engage in these online wars themselves don't even know how to boil water to 75 degrees centigrade let alone cook Jollof. Our mothers and chefs who are Jollof experts do not even have time for the childish social media rants

3. So what about those who are born to Ghana or Naija parents, which side of the war should they be on?

4. Even though Jollof is West African, it is neithe originally Nigerian or Ghanaian. Jollof is originally from The Gambia/Senegal named after the 'wollof' people of those two countries. How then is it that borrowers of the food deem themselves entitled to go to war over a food they did not originate? undecided

5. Does the online war on Jollof add anything substantial to people's lives?
Re: Ghana-naija Jollof Wars by babyfaceafrica: 11:37am On May 05, 2017
Na people wey no get job dey disturb themselves on this jollof madness..who jollof EPP?

(1) (Reply)

Think Twice About Your Relationship If Your Partner Does Not Have These Qualitie / Love Is A Universe Currency, Its Existent And Accepted Everywhere / It Is Real, It Does Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.