Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

My life as a Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My life as a Graduate (1833 Views)

4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My life as a Graduate by DrySeed: 4:21pm On May 05, 2017
Life of a Nigerian Graduate

Where do I begin my story from?
It all started as a diligent student, focus and determined to graduate with a good grade so as to have an easy life.

My mum would always advice me then "Tosin if you can work towards graduating with a good result getting a job would be easy".

I remembered the sleepless nights, daily tutorials, times I would have to use my feeding allowance to buy books and materials that are relevant to my field of study just to achieve my aim of success.

It all began in June 6th 2015, a new beginning of my life. It was my convocation day. My mum had called me the previous week to ask what I wish for her to prepare for my friends who would be attending the program, I could feel the excitement on phone. I remembered me replying her on the phone, "mum I don't want fish o, please help me buy chicken and prepare little rice because I won't be inviting much people, thanks mum!"

I knew she was proud of me, I have heard her gist among her friends about her son being the first to graduate with a second class upper within her family but more importantly I was proud of myself.

Almost two years now, I have attended more than 20 interviews, written aptitude exams, traveled to 4 different states all in a bid to get myself a good job, but at the end I was always turned down all because a 25 years old graduate like me did not have 2 to 5years working experience.

What then is the reward of hard work and academic excellence?
I have never for once regretted nor blame anyone, not even the government.

I have always learnt in Life that "no matter how hard you find it to move, or the pace at which you move, just make sure your direction is forward. Surely one day you will get there".

Economics graduate
Second Class Upper

Experience: Worked under the students employment scheme with my University as a student office assistant, from my 200 till final year.

Just in case I find favour.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My life as a Graduate by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 05, 2017
God will see you through Brother... It is well with your soul cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: My life as a Graduate by serverconnect(m): 4:34pm On May 05, 2017
My dear the huzzling continue until you reach your target. God will see you through.
Re: My life as a Graduate by LilChamp: 4:42pm On May 05, 2017
DrySeed:

It all started as a diligent student, focus and determined to graduate with a good grade so as to have an easy life.

My mum would always advice me then "Tosin if you can work towards graduating with a good result getting a job would be easy".

I remembered the sleepless nights, daily tutorials, times I would have to use my feeding allowance to buy books and materials that are relevant to my field of study just to achieve my aim of success.

It all began in June 6th 2015, a new beginning of my life. It was my convocation day. My mum had called me the previous week to ask what I wish for her to prepare for my friends who would be attending the program, I could feel the excitement on phone. I remembered me replying her on the phone, "mum I don't want fish o, please help me buy chicken and prepare little rice because I won't be inviting much people, thanks mum!"

I knew she was proud of me, I have heard her gist among her friends about her son being the first to graduate with a second class upper within her family but more importantly I was proud of myself.

Almost two years now, I have attended more than 20 interviews, written aptitude exams, traveled to 4 different states all in a bid to get myself a good job, but at the end I was always turned down all because a 25 years old graduate like me did not have 2 to 5years working experience.

I have always learnt in Life that "no matter how hard you find it to move, or the pace at which you move, just make sure your direction is forward. Surely one day you will get there".

Economics graduate
Second Class Upper

Experience: Worked under the students employment scheme with my University as a student office assistant, from my 200 till final year.

Welcome to Naija
Lalasticlala Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: My life as a Graduate by ThatIgboBoy: 6:44pm On May 05, 2017
Why do most graduate of economics find it hard to get jobs. My kid bro who is a second class upper graduate is in the same dilenma. Hot brain. Yet no job. I know other economic graduates too in the quandry
Re: My life as a Graduate by caleboxylic: 7:38pm On May 05, 2017
DrySeed:

Economics graduate
Second Class Upper

Pm me
Re: My life as a Graduate by DrySeed: 5:43am On May 06, 2017
caleboxylic:

Pm me
I have done so sir, I am still yet to see your reply
Re: My life as a Graduate by DrySeed: 5:43am On May 06, 2017
StephDamielola:
God will see you through Brother... It is well with your soul cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Amen
Re: My life as a Graduate by DrySeed: 5:44am On May 06, 2017
serverconnect:
My dear the huzzling continue until you reach your target. God will see you through.

Amen
Re: My life as a Graduate by caleboxylic: 6:44am On May 06, 2017
[quote author=DrySeed post=56252794]

I have done so sir, I am still yet to see your reply [/quote

Check your mail.
Re: My life as a Graduate by caleboxylic: 6:45am On May 06, 2017
DrySeed:

Economics graduate
Second Class Upper

Check your yahoo mail.
Re: My life as a Graduate by haykayjay(m): 10:04pm On May 08, 2017
Just don't give up man
Re: My life as a Graduate by xtivin(m): 3:15am On May 09, 2017
Better go and teach and gain experience
Re: My life as a Graduate by olusola11: 7:07am On May 09, 2017
I am in a similar situation. I studied Economics, graduated with second class upper (4.36/5.00CGPA), and also an Accounting Technician (AAT), ACA in view.
Email: olusolataiwo11@yahoo.com
Telephone: 08082548909
Re: My life as a Graduate by mikool007(m): 11:41am On May 09, 2017
God will favour you
Re: My life as a Graduate by Erums(m): 1:01pm On May 09, 2017
Keep hustling... By Gods grace u will suceed
Re: My life as a Graduate by Erums(m): 1:02pm On May 09, 2017
StephDamielola:

Hi stephDamielola
Re: My life as a Graduate by akdrealman(m): 1:06pm On May 09, 2017
Dogan’s Sugar Limited was consolidated in July 2013 in Lagos, Nigeria as a European contributed organisation for the will to create quality sugar items in Nigeria. The organisation is a backup of Ata Ltd. Co.; Ukraine’s greatest and market pioneer shape sugar fabricating organisation with more than

70% piece of the overall industry. At present Ata is assembling more than 20 distinctive FMCG items in Ukraine with various weights and bundling.

We are selecting to fill the position beneath:

Work Title: Area Sales Manager

Area: Lagos

CLICK NOW to apply

Necessities

Hopeful must have a decent first degree in the pertinent course and ideally a post-graduate/proficient capability.

He/she, who ought to be close to 50 years of age, must have 5 – 10 years’ involvement in deals and advertising of dish espresso, deals, promoting and conveyance and in addition, expendable glasses deals, showcasing and dispersion.

Applicant must have pertinent involvement in the particular deals, promoting and dispersion of the above items.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment Ends Today - July 3 / AYEEN 2018 Registration Has Commence -Register online Now / Xmas Came Too Soon: Get Files Of Past Job Test Questions And Answers For Free.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.