Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? (48995 Views)

Please, No Sex Before Marriage Is NEVER A Scam / Sharon Oyakhilome: Phillip Frimpong & I Never Had Sex Before Marriage / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by udatso: 1:14pm On May 07, 2017
Edu3Again:

Then explain how come there is s3x jihad?
If fornication is not allowed, how come there is s3x jihad that people obey grin
I don't practise it. So you should probably ask the experts (the terrorists that practise it) where they got their inspiration from.
Just because you don't know where they got it from doesn't mean you should accuse Islam of it especially when you have no Concrete proof to back Up your statement
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Quinn22(f): 1:15pm On May 07, 2017
It's indeed a blessing having sex before marriage smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 07, 2017
MarieSucre:

Nope there isn't.
There's more proof

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Penisman: 1:17pm On May 07, 2017
Yuneehk:

So I'm thinking you also taste beans in the market before you buy it
The why test your electronic gadgets before buying?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 1:20pm On May 07, 2017
SmartChoices:

There's more proof

Sigh. Did you even read the comment you quoted?

Where in that whole article does it say it has even a shred of backing from the Quran?

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by AHCB: 1:20pm On May 07, 2017
uzolexis:

don't keep multiple partners and use condoms.
How about keep multiple partners and still use condom? smiley

Caricature:
Not all relationships lead to marriage. Does it make sense to sleep with every girl you date before marriage?
Yes it does. What's the point of dating someone you're not sleeping with
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Edu3Again: 1:21pm On May 07, 2017
MarieSucre:

There is nothing like sex jihad anywhere in the Quran. Those people are formulating arrant nonsense.

udatso:

I don't practise it. So you should probably ask the experts (the terrorists that practise it) where they got their inspiration from.
Just because you don't know where they got it from doesn't mean you should accuse Islam of it especially when you have no Concrete proof to back Up your statement

Surah 9:111: “Allah has purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs is the garden: they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain.” If Allah has purchased the “person” of the believer, and gives Paradise (“the garden”) in response, then the woman who gives her body to jihadis may be considered to be giving her “person” to Allah in exchange for a place in Paradise.
grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 1:21pm On May 07, 2017
Penisman:

The why test your electronic gadgets before buying?

"Buying" implies that it is your property.

When you fornicate, you have not paid bride to the woman's father. You can't be tasting when her family does not recognise the mouth that is eating.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:28pm On May 07, 2017
Iamzik:

Abraham's delay in child birth was a test. He couldn't wait and was encouraged by his wife to have an extramarital affair with his maid. He is the father of all nations and you and I are sharing in his punishment till today. Without Ishmael you won't have religious terrorism from the Middle East today.

So he lived a HAPPY life, and died a happy man, RIGHT?! Thus as a man on earth he was NEVER punished by god, right?!

Btw: Are you claiming that Abraham's punishment for having sex outside marriage was the Arabic/Muslim people?!

David was expressly judged. The sword remained in his house. Absalom his son slept with all his wives on the roof top before the whole city and then overthrew his father David.

So now, the punishment for having sex outside marriage is for your son to possibly take over your baby mamas/mistresses and continue having extra marital sex with them?!
The above makes NO damn sense!!

Solomon was chosen out of mercy to replace David. He satisfied himself with 1000 women and what was the outcome? The women introduced their gods into Israel leading to idolatry and he couldn't keep is really together. His kingdom was divided and Israel became a weak nation leading to its conquest by Babylon.

So, you mean to say Solomon punishment was ending up having a weak nation who may be conquered by equally sinful men?! Really?!

Go on fornication provided you can bear the consequences.

Now, you are making sense as there are NO written punishment for extra marital sex (if there was, these highly respected men i Mentioned above would have been served)

Check the whole of your Bible and tell me one man that committed fornication and was not punished at all.

If the above is you view of punishments, then I am safe to say that extra marital sex is NOT a sin!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 07, 2017
MarieSucre:

Sigh. Did you even read the comment you quoted?

Where in that whole article does it say it has even a shred of backing from the Quran?

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 1:33pm On May 07, 2017
Edu3Again:

Surah 9:111: “Allah has purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs is the garden: they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain.” If Allah has purchased the “person” of the believer, and gives Paradise (“the garden”) in response, then the woman who gives her body to jihadis may be considered to be giving her “person” to Allah in exchange for a place in Paradise.
grin

Sarah [9:111] Surely Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their belongings and in return has promised that they shall have Paradise.
106 They fight in the Way of Allah, and slay and are slain. Such is the promise He has made incumbent upon Himself in the Torah, and the Gospel, and the Qur'an.
107 Who is more faithful to his promise than Allah? Rejoice, then, in the bargain you have made with Him. That indeed is the mighty triumph.

Where the f**k did you see "the woman who gives her body to jihadis may be considered to be giving her “person” to Allah in exchange for a place in Paradise."

Where the f**k is that there?
You're using your own interpretation and claiming it to be proof?? This is nonsense.
I can't believe I wasted my time with you.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by bolayei: 1:34pm On May 07, 2017
Sin is when you break any of the commandments and adultery is frowned on which is sex outside marriage not before marriage.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by pek(m): 1:35pm On May 07, 2017
felixomor:

Yes
It is possible to buy garri and not taste it.

Next
Your reasoning is so infantile! I guess you also taste beans, rice, pepper, salt, fish etc. Maybe you taste Mr Biggs rice before buying. The word of God can not be lowered by or for any man. Pre- marital sex is sin irrespective of who you do it with. Even if it is with your engaged spouse.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by bolayei: 1:36pm On May 07, 2017
Jayuba:
Will Jesus sleep with a woman before marriage?
Did it say anywhere in the bible that he got married? Did you know he had a daughter with Mary magdalene?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by fishbone11(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2017
[quote author=nifemi25 post=56244513][/quote]
It is a very complicating situation.The truth is this, 98% of relationships have had premarital sex period.
Let's not deceive ourselves, it is not easy to desist from sex when in a relationship especially with the forces surrounding of society. CAN U BUY A CAR WITHOUT TEST RUNNING IT?

2 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Herhmjay(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2017
labanji:
In the book of deutronomy;

It says; knack the akpako well before you know if she is fvcking active so you don't end up having many olshos after marriage...
You're playing with fire
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by felixomor: 1:39pm On May 07, 2017
bitcoinvin:

keep decieiving ur self...Na so u go take go marry babe wey don do 10 abortion and she keeps says:Lets waite till we Marry

So you can diagnose abortion witb sex?
Wow, your brain is strong o grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by monerozi5590: 1:39pm On May 07, 2017
[quote author=Yuneehk post=56245260] So I'm thinking you also taste beans in the market before you buy it [/quol
Lol. This guy wicked
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by arryjosh(m): 1:40pm On May 07, 2017
alexistaiwo:
I don't drink I don't smoke I don't party every weekend I don't take drugs But I can never play with that holes underneath the female body grin
Damn what anybody says
You need JESUS!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by felixomor: 1:41pm On May 07, 2017
pek:
Your reasoning is so infantile! I guess you also taste beans, rice, pepper, salt, fish etc. Maybe you taste Mr Biggs rice before buying. The word of God can not be lowered by or for any man. Pre- marital sex is sin irrespective of who you do it with. Even if it is with your engaged spouse.
My dear infant,
Are you reading what you are replying?

I think not.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Edu3Again: 1:45pm On May 07, 2017
MarieSucre:

Sarah [9:111] Surely Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their belongings and in return has promised that they shall have Paradise.
106 They fight in the Way of Allah, and slay and are slain. Such is the promise He has made incumbent upon Himself in the Torah, and the Gospel, and the Qur'an.
107 Who is more faithful to his promise than Allah? Rejoice, then, in the bargain you have made with Him. That indeed is the mighty triumph.

Where the f**k did you see "the woman who gives her body to jihadis may be considered to be giving her “person” to Allah in exchange for a place in Paradise."

Where the f**k is that there?
You're using your own interpretation and claiming it to be proof?? This is nonsense.
I can't believe I wasted my time with you.

Read about ur wonderful s3x jihad here.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/09/islamic-state-quran-says-women-who-engage-in-sexual-jihad-will-gain-paradise
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 1:45pm On May 07, 2017
[quote author=SmartChoices post=56291666][/quote]

There is nothing like Sexual Jihad. They are misinterpreting the verse for their own personal gain. Think about it, does the verse explicitly say women should go and have sex with mujahiddin. No!

This is just the same as 1Cor 11:2-16 a lot of people are reinterpreting that verse. Some don't know if it means women should cover their hair with a veil or if it means the hair itself is a covering.
The same with the verse on tithe.

This case is simple this perverted minded ISIS trying to reinterpret a verse to suit their vices.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Danyl(m): 1:46pm On May 07, 2017
felixomor:

Yes
It is possible to buy garri and not taste it.

Next
If the garri get sand when you get home you will drink it na abi?

Or maybe ,

If you see beans infested with weevils you will know without taking it home.

Or maybe , he/she also taste's raw fish in the market b4 buying.
If you rotten raw fish you will know if you get eyes.
That's for garri, beans and fish o. Make the trolls no come for my head.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by felixomor: 1:49pm On May 07, 2017
Danyl:

If the garri get sand when you get home you will seize it na abi?
Thats why
I dont buy garri from everybody.

Next grin
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by MarieSucre(f): 1:50pm On May 07, 2017
Edu3Again:

Read about ur wonderful s3x jihad here.

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/09/islamic-state-quran-says-women-who-engage-in-sexual-jihad-will-gain-paradise

You sent me and article of what you have posted.

My point stands:- Where in the Quran does it say so explicitly?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by emmaitive(m): 1:52pm On May 07, 2017
sex before mariage is a sin ooo
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Nigeriadondie: 1:53pm On May 07, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Be fooling and deluding yourself.
Abraham never had sex outside marriage, the only one he had sex with was Hagar who was given to him as a wife -Genesis 16:3,4
King David had concubines same with Solomon cos it was permitted but not instituted under d Mosaic Law.
In 1Corinthians 10:8 it shows the consequences of sexual immorality. Read Numbers 25:1-9
Paul in 1 Corinthians said christians should not associate with sexually immoral persons.- 1 Corinthians 5:9-13. In 1 Corinthians 6:9,10 fornication was listed among things that wud make a person not make it to God's kingdom
If congi dey hold u go and marry 1 Corinthians 7:36. Sex is only permissible between married people. 1 Corinthians 7:2-5

BWAAAAH, Sundays always bring these gullible sheep in force.... Let me guess, you guys just came back from church?!

OK, class is in session, come and get some biblical EDUCATION:

I want each and everyone of you to use NOTHING but your brain...if you have one and are in full control of it, and answer the following question (a YES or NO will do as I don't need any hypocritical NONSENSE)

A) were Abraham/king David/king Solomon highly respected men of the bible?

B) did these men have sex outside marriage?

C) if you've answered NO to question A or B, go back to church and get acquainted with your Bible, as you are ignorant about what's written in it.

D) if you've answered YES to question A and B, then you have passed the biblical intelligence test, and therefore here is your final question: why were these men NOT viewed as sinners (or punished) by god?

FINAL QUESTION: if you actually believe that premarital sex is a sin, then what does the bible say is the punishment for it?!

Let me hear you say AMEN to your NL biblical education!!!!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Edu3Again: 1:54pm On May 07, 2017
MarieSucre:

You sent me and article of what you have posted.

My point stands:- Where in the Quran does it say so explicitly?

For it to be obeyed then it's permitted.

Bro the best thing you can do is to follow Jesus who lives.

With Jesus you get to heaven by faith, no need to jihad anybody.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by snowblaq(f): 1:57pm On May 07, 2017
Yuneehk:

Or maybe , he/she also taste's raw fish in the market b4 buying.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Danyl(m): 1:57pm On May 07, 2017
ITbomb:
As far as I am concern, there is nothing like sex before marriage.
When you have sex, you are in marriage fellowship with that person, like Christ confirmed when he spoke with the woman of Samaritan who already had 5 husband John 4:18.

Also in the case of Isaac Gen 24:67, the Bible explicitly shows that the woman became the wife after he "had brought her into his tent and knew her", not the ceremony.

However, the old testament is particular about having the consent of the parents before the "marriage" act and has outlined various instances where circumstances makes that impossible like a woman captured in war Deut 21:10---.

Outside of that, anybody caught in the act without the consent of neither parents must pay necessary items or be punished Deut 22:28.

In line with scripture , under the dispensation of grace, the sex act, which is the marriage, is only proper when
1. It has the consent of both parents, where the parents are not alive, the elders must perform the affirmation.
2. It is for the purpose of mutual satisfaction and/or procreation.

In conclusion, any sex act outside the two conditions above is not right

This is the best answer so far. Also you can't defile the 'bed' you don't have. When Jesus met the woman at the well, he revealed to her that she had been with 5 men and none of them is her husband (ceremonial-wise) but spiritually, he is bonded to them if sex is involved. Why I believe sex should be restricted till after wedding is if you are a responsible Christian, once you have it, you may keep doing it till the 'wife-to-be' gets pregnant and then it becomes another issue, they may not be ready to carry such responsibility, this may lead to other sins, such as abortion which is a great abomination before God. So I still believe that what brought the baby about is not the problem but what comes after it.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by richywhales(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2017
[quote author=nifemi25 post=56244513][/quote]
U sha don pay for d garri.....so for u to HV sex with d babe u nid to pay her bride price.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? by Elijahhopelarry(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2017
u're joking, correct?.@MrBrownJay1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Armed Man Seen Walking To Church (Photos, Video) / Top 10 International Christian Footballers Committed To The Faith / Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.