Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! (1802 Views)

The Unity Thread / Watch Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Protesting For The Unity Of Nigeria. / List Of Minimum Wages In Africa ''nigeria, One Of Worlds Lowest Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by bolaino(m): 7:29pm On May 05, 2017
I want to use this medium to express my new found convictions for the case of Nigeria to remain one, instead of a conflageration of fiefdoms. Nigeria is a very unique country, although we might not be as civilized as western countries, but one thing we are blessed with in Nigeria is our ability to co exist with each other, despite religious or tribal bigotry. If you go to any Nigeria Farmers market, you will see all Nigerians engaging in intelligent commerce to better their lives. in Nigerian Markets and other public places like motor parks, schools, etc. you will see Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba in these places. what this signifies is that the typical Nigerian would never refuse to do a business transaction with you because of your tribe or ethnicity but rather they would refuse to do business with you based on your attitude and disposition coupled with how much can they trust you. that tells you that Nigerians whether literate or illiterate are good critical thinkers there fore are capable of thinking things through. and if Nigerians can have an open mind towards the issue of One Nigeria they will realize that in this 21st century and time to come it would be better for us collectively as Africans to continue building the civilization we have achieved so far by being recognized as a single Republic instead of an area of rebel groups and seccessionists. i believe we can correct the mistakes our leaders have made and do better for the future generation of Nigerians that are coming. let us have hope and keep faith in a one indivisible and unites ONE NIGERIA..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Arsenalholic1: 7:33pm On May 05, 2017
I used to think like you Op. But not anymore...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by bolaino(m): 7:45pm On May 05, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
dont give up

4 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Mynd42: 7:54pm On May 05, 2017
Unity beggars everywhere. Cry me a river cry

12 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by kenny987(f): 8:46pm On May 05, 2017
Na wa o! Must y'all beg for 'one Nigeria?' sad undecided

5 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by BiafranJesus: 8:48pm On May 05, 2017
The zoo ruler.
Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by SIRmanjar(m): 9:33pm On May 05, 2017
My man no body believes in the unity of nigeria more than the ibos,they develop and live in peace with indegenes anywhere they migrate..They build houses make friends and do business in almost evry state in nigeria not minding the risk,that is why I call them the modern day adventurers and the last Nigerian empire builders..
How many yorubas and hausas can invest in other regions the way ibos invest without having that hidden fear of what if Nigeria breaks up tmrrow,wot will happen to my property .So my frend there are many reasons but this reason alone shuld let you and your likes know the tribe that really believe in a united Nigeria..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by kherington: 9:36pm On May 05, 2017
i approve the op's message

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Amberon: 9:46pm On May 05, 2017
God forbid
Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by KINGOFTHEEAST: 9:55pm On May 05, 2017
Yoruba and the fear of Nigeria disintegration why are they scared when they have Lagos and osun igr is bigger than Igbo States

10 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by kingzizzy: 10:34pm On May 05, 2017
bolaino:
I want to use this medium to express my new found convictions for the case of Nigeria to remain one, instead of a conflageration of fiefdoms. Nigeria is a very unique country, although we might not be as civilized as western countries, but one thing we are blessed with in Nigeria is our ability to co exist with each other, despite religious or tribal bigotry. If you go to any Nigeria Farmers market, you will see all Nigerians engaging in intelligent commerce to better their lives. in Nigerian Markets and other public places like motor parks, schools, etc. you will see Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba in these places. what this signifies is that the typical Nigerian would never refuse to do a business transaction with you because of your tribe or ethnicity but rather they would refuse to do business with you based on your attitude and disposition coupled with how much can they trust you. that tells you that Nigerians whether literate or illiterate are good critical thinkers there fore are capable of thinking things through. and if Nigerians can have an open mind towards the issue of One Nigeria they will realize that in this 21st century and time to come it would be better for us collectively as Africans to continue building the civilization we have achieved so far by being recognized as a single Republic instead of an area of rebel groups and seccessionists. i believe we can correct the mistakes our leaders have made and do better for the future generation of Nigerians that are coming. let us have hope and keep faith in a one indivisible and unites ONE NIGERIA..

Laughable!

Do you know the Fons are? Do you know who the Adija's are? Do you know who the Tem's are? Do you know who the Akan's are? Theres a good chance you have never heard of these people. Fons,Adijas,Tems and Akans are majority ethnic groups in Republic of Benin, Togo and Ivory Coast all in West Africa. Igbos do business with all of them without the need of 'one Benin', 'one Togo' or 'one Ivory Coast'. So why do Igbos have to do anything mutually beneficial with Yorubas and Hausas in the name of "one Nigeria"?

Nigeria only makes sense on two reasons, if the various ethnic groups feel a positive impact of being together and

If the various ethnic groups actually want to continue as "one Nigeria"

No matter what reasons anyone puts foward for "one Nigeria", it should be noted that Britain, our colonial creators, allowed Scotland the opportunity to exit Britain in 2014 and will still allow them another opportunity to do so in 2018/19

So if those who made us 'Nigerians' can accept dividing, who are we as Nigerians to say Nigeria is indivisible?

Let us stop this "one Nigeria" nonsense we keep chanting, if we are one then we are one, there is no need to chant it

It is only when people are not one they start chanting 'one Nigeria'

Im an Igbo man. Im convinced that Nigeria is a 1914 colonial mistake, we have killed each other in the millions to proove it. Nigeria has not moved foward, economically and nationally. Lets call a spade a spade and hold a referendum to allow those who are unhappy with Nigeria to go, and those who believe in it to carry on

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Ganiyat72(f): 11:01pm On May 05, 2017
grin Ibos must ramain with our yoruba muslim skull, till allah say no

4 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by konoplyanka: 11:25pm On May 05, 2017
Ganiyat72:
grin Ibos must ramain with our yoruba muslim skull, till allah say no

igbos leaving Nigeria is a big service to the Yorubas.

don't believe in your imaginary importance, Yoruba would vote 100% for the disintegration of Nigeria. the online insults you read is just being returned in kind for the hatred you spew on radio Biafra.

btw, op is a confirmed osu hater.

1 Like

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by OreMI22: 11:33pm On May 05, 2017
It wouldn't be difficult to find Nigerians wishing to have a united Nigeria if only we seriously addressed the inherent lopsided injustices some people have woven into the fabric of Nigeria.

At the rate Fulanis completely block every avenue to address even the smallest of issues based on fairness, Nigeria will disintegrate, that is a historical certainty.

4 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Okanokan(m): 11:48pm On May 05, 2017
Thanks Broda! With all the differences; though tribe and tongue may differ, in BROTHERHOOD we stand, Nigeria is unique and will not break. We will get it right, but we must fight for the soul of Nigeria so, that leaders who get into position of trust are not those who have given up on Nigeria. NIGERIA GO BETTER! that why a majority of Nigerian believe in ONE NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Mckennedy: 1:20am On May 06, 2017
SIRmanjar:
My man no body believes in the unity of nigeria more than the ibos,they develop and live in peace with indegenes anywhere they migrate..They build houses make friends and do business in almost evry state in nigeria not minding the risk,that is why I call them the modern day adventurers and the last Nigerian empire builders..
How many yorubas and hausas can invest in other regions the way ibos invest without having that hidden fear of what if Nigeria breaks up tmrrow,wot will happen to my property .So my frend there are many reasons but this reason alone shuld let you and your likes know the tribe that really believe in a united Nigeria..

You nailed it....what a painful truth.........

3 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Agumbankembu: 1:47am On May 06, 2017
Unity beggars.

4 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Ikechukwuni6: 1:55am On May 06, 2017
Dude learn how to be self sufficient. When you do this, you won't feel the need to beg for unity. Aren't you embarrassed of all this unity begging?

7 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Barmzee(m): 2:09am On May 06, 2017

1 Like

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by orisa37: 5:12am On May 06, 2017
bolaino:

All Constructions start from The Foundations but never from The Rooftops. To build One Nigeria, restore The Traditional Rulers to their Grassroots Local Government ownership, care and responsibilities. Restrict FG to Foreign Affairs, Military and Treaties. Give States full auto no my with regards to the Lives of their citizens.

1 Like

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Curlieweed: 5:27am On May 06, 2017
orisa37:

All Constructions start from The Foundations but never from The Rooftops. To build One Nigeria, restore The Traditional Rulers to their Grassroots Local Government ownership, care and responsibilities. Restrict FG to Foreign Affairs, Military and Treaties. Give States full auto no my with regards to the Lives of their citizens.

I agree with most of your comment but the traditional ruler part is hard to swallow for me. I think each local community and not necessarily the present lopsided LGA should decide how they want to run themselves. Some may chose to be run by these traditional parasites while others may choose a more democratic option.
Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by MrEverest(m): 5:55am On May 06, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
Dont mind the dude. I wonder how any sane person would want to salvage a broken, battered and worthless entity that has nothing to offer except destruction, deaths, sorrows and shame. RUBBISH!

1 Like

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by juman(m): 5:57am On May 06, 2017
One nigeria cannot be forced on unwilling nigerians forever.
One nigeria is obviously a failure.

Even why must nigeria be one when we are obviously not compatible.
Those senseless "leaders" create situation of friction where nothing works well.

2 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by orisa37: 7:03am On May 06, 2017
Curlieweed:

I agree with most of your comment but the traditional ruler part is hard to swallow for me. I think each local community and not necessarily the present lopsided LGA should decide how they want to run themselves. Some may chose to be run by these traditional parasites while others may choose a more democratic option.

There's no Art anywhere to describe Traditional Rulers as parasites in their Kingdom's. They own their Domains, that's why they are T.Rs. No force anywhere should exploit or arrange their grassroots for them without their acquiescence. We played on them in the past and that gave rise to Foreign, Arabs and now Fulani Herdsmen desire to occupy the whole of Nigeria irrespective of Culture
Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by Curlieweed: 10:04am On May 06, 2017
orisa37:

There's no Art anywhere to describe Traditional Rulers as parasites in their Kingdom's. They own their Domains, that's why they are T.Rs. No force anywhere should exploit or arrange their grassroots for them without their acquiescence. We played on them in the past and that gave rise to Foreign, Arabs and now Fulani Herdsmen desire to occupy the whole of Nigeria irrespective of Culture

We are a diverse society. Some people had these traditional institutions while the British had to introduce them for some others. A valid solution must recognize this.
Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by izombie(m): 10:37am On May 06, 2017
Op is just being delusional. Is it the hausa fulanis you are hoping to improve nigeria? The first time i travelled out of nigeria to south africa, i saw things for myself. When i came back to nigeria and took a look at my country i just became angry. The north is a disease to nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by KidsNEXTdoor: 10:45am On May 06, 2017
Op... You are naked at the village square dancing makossa... There is a something we call shame ... Please feel it a bit

Unity beggars everywhere

2 Likes

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by NoBasisForUnity: 10:57am On May 06, 2017
konoplyanka:

igbos leaving Nigeria is a big service to the Yorubas.

don't believe in your imaginary importance, Yoruba would vote 100% for the disintegration of Nigeria. the online insults you read is just being returned in kind for the hatred you spew on radio Biafra.

btw, op is a confirmed osu hater.

There they go again with their ewedu logic? grin

yorubas want Igbos to go but are everywhere badmouthing Biafra, IPOB and Kanu. Na so!

morons!

grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by konoplyanka: 12:28pm On May 06, 2017
NoBasisForUnity:

There they go again with their ewedu logic? grin

yorubas want Igbos to go but are everywhere badmouthing Biafra, IPOB and Kanu. Na so!

morons!

grin grin

frustrated imbecilic osu. we enjoy taunting your flat heads. we see you as leapers who should not be associated with.
Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by bantudark: 12:36pm On May 06, 2017
Mynd42:
Unity beggars everywhere. Cry me a river cry

nobody is begging you to unite with anybody....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Humbly Believe In The Unity Of Nigeria... ONE NIGERIA!!! by orisa37: 12:45pm On May 06, 2017
Curlieweed:

We are a diverse society. Some people had these traditional institutions while the British had to introduce them for some others. A valid solution must recognize this.

The British did not tamper with our Traditional System.Our past Heroes did when they created irresponsible Local Governments and made Traditional Rulers strange bedfellows in their grassroots Local Governments Domains. We now have Traditional Rulers with PhD, Military and various Professional Lights all over The Federation, how can we continue to make them irrelevant and irresponsible to and for their grassroots?

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tension In Abuja As Lawyer Bombs Attorney-general's Office (pics) / There Is Nothing Like Bight Of Biafra But Bight Of Niger Delta / Biafra Agitations End Soon - Al - Mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.