Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? (4667 Views)

2009 Corrola, 2010 Camry, Corrola Sports 2010 For Sale. ( All At Ajah Area Lagos / Range Rover Astronaut Edition Is Only For Those Who Paid ₦90m To Fly Into Space / China Makes Zotye T900, A Replica Of The Range Rover Sport - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kingreign(m): 4:02pm On May 08, 2017
LeJeun3:

I won't agree with you on that, Boss!! embarassed

re·li·a·bil·i·ty
rəˌlīəˈbilədē/
noun
noun: reliability

the quality of being trustworthy or of performing consistently well.

I'm not speaking English on a layman term, I'm speaking from an automotive enthusiast and technicians technical point of view. wink

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by LeJeun3: 4:13pm On May 08, 2017
kingreign:

I'm not speaking English on a layman term, I'm speaking from an automotive enthusiast and technicians technical point of view. wink

Boss Boss!! grin
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Shagati(m): 5:26pm On May 08, 2017
sooperrescue:
Very reliable and maintenance is cheap. It is only when you try to use mobil 1 that you will hear tales by moonlight. The number 1 problem is the engine oil. Many people ignore that and fry their engine. Getting used engine is above 4 m and most owners still cut corners when it comes to maintenance. Genuine brakepads is not more than 15k per set, oil change with the recommended 5w20, air filters is not more than 90k and that is twice a year. Get it and join our range rover off road competition taking place in Lagos on Democracy day. Registration is on going by sending a mail to info@arcnigeria.com.

Dear Sir,
I am struggling to reconcile your assertions; unless there have been typos which you have pointed out.
Reliable and cheap. Yes i know Range Rovers are very very NOT reliable.
Then you go on and say a replacement engine costs NGN4m...... FOUR MILLION NAIRA?
Air filter for NGN90,000 Is this a typo? To be changed twice a year? Issokay!

I rest.
Kingreign, has this been discussed before?
OP please ignore the pic below.

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by LeJeun3: 6:20pm On May 08, 2017
Shagati:

Dear Sir,
I am struggling to reconcile your assertions; unless there have been typos which you have pointed out.
Reliable and cheap. Yes i know Range Rovers are very very NOT reliable. Then you go on and say a replacement engine costs NGN4m...... FOUR MILLION NAIRA?
Air filter for NGN90,000 Is this a typo? To be changed twice a year? Issokay!

I rest.
Kingreign, has this been discussed before?
OP please ignore the pic below.

I believe he was trying to say scheduled maintenance cost N90K. . . . .

Then again, the sample we are looking at isn't considered in pic. Even kingreign admitted that upgrades have recorded less issues. . . .

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Shagati(m): 7:16pm On May 08, 2017
LeJeun3:

I believe he was trying to say scheduled maintenance cost N90K. . . . .

Then again, the sample we are looking at isn't considered in pic. Even kingreign admitted that upgrades have recorded less issues. . . .

Thanks for the clarification kind sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by LeJeun3: 7:25pm On May 08, 2017
Shagati:

Thanks for the clarification kind sir.

You are welcome! Please when do i get a bike ride? You keep cruising passed me. . . .

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Shagati(m): 10:38pm On May 08, 2017
LeJeun3:

You are welcome! Please when do i get a bike ride? You keep cruising passed me. . . .

For real? Where?
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by brojero: 11:23pm On May 08, 2017
Actually #sooperrescue was NOT joking. I know for a fact that he will charge you close to 90k for oil change
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by LeJeun3: 12:24am On May 09, 2017
brojero:
Actually #sooperrescue was NOT joking. I know for a fact that he will charge you close to 90k for oil change

When Premium oil costs btw 30_35K for 5quarts. . . . . .

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by sooperrescue(m): 7:31am On May 09, 2017
brojero:
that is true. Castrol extended performance is 70k, two air filters, one paper oil filter, diagnostics to check the car and reset the service required. All these for 90k. It is oil that matters. If we were to use our local aluminium oils, na poison be that. It will fry the engine as it could not keep the temperature down. Range rovers are reliable if you follow the recommended advice of the maker. The Castrol 5w20 sold by Eterna oil is the number one cause of failure of these engines. That oil is not even on Castrol's oil lineup in the US. Anyone with a knocked engine knows for sure that he will not get more than 2m to sell the body without an engine. When I said that the engine is sold for 4m, it is the naija used engine that have sufferred from wrong oil usage and low octane fuel that you will get for that amount, so in a nutshell, it is a lose lose scenario. That is why there is a need for preventive maintenance to put the car in shape. When people talk about reliability issues, I keep wondering where they get the news from. A 2010 range rover has a wobbling suspension, many people will say it is the balloon but we found out that by changing the brake disc and correct brake pads, the story ends. A faulty brake switch can cause havoc on the electronics ditto a blown rear bulb. Range Rovers are for Directors and not for Managers.

2 Likes

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by AutoJoshNG: 8:40am On May 09, 2017
kennyzboy:
Please brethren I'm really concerned about this and in need of valuable advice. I'd like to know if it's a good car to own as per reliability and cost of ownership, I'll prefer the hard truth and not biased information. Current and previous users' experiences are highly welcome and most importantly car gurus, mechanics/technicians, engineers. Copy GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, Kashif, Ikenna351, Starbeams, Costee, Nissparts, Mayor2013, hunmusa, Sooperrescue, LeJeun3, erico2k2....................

Thanks

The maintenance is definitely not cheap. However, it depends on your financial muscle. Nice ride but stay away if you are on a budget.

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by erico2k2(m): 8:48am On May 09, 2017
Range are no cheap to run . However if you cannot spend N100k on a routine maintenance then you got no business owning a range rover cos in the long run you will spend more plus have a bad experience .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by sooperrescue(m): 12:17pm On May 09, 2017
erico2k2:
Range are no cheap to run . However if you cannot spend N100k on a routine maintenance then you got no business owning a range rover cos in the long run you will spend more plus have a bad experience .

I know someone that took his R Class to Globe Motors and he was given a bill of N900k for fuel related issues. A car bought brand new. I have seen Coscharis workshop giving to a Range Rover Sallmama 04 1.4m bill to fix transmission related issues. I now asked the owner, how much is the car?
100k is ideal for routine maintenance every six months. Some owners will not strap their batteries properly and in the long run will destroy the battery and causes the electronics of the car to malfunction. Let me quote you again :if you cannot spend N100k on a routine maintenance then you got no business owning a range rover

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Lexusgs430: 12:25pm On May 09, 2017
Jesos, 100k for routine maintenance? No be beans to drive RR.........
So how mush the almighty service go cost?
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by kingreign(m): 1:09pm On May 09, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Jesos, 100k for routine maintenance? No be beans to drive RR.........
So how mush the almighty service go cost?

When I said it, fellas thought i was just hating on the brand. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by Lexusgs430: 1:19pm On May 09, 2017
kingreign:

When I said it, fellas thought i was just hating on the brand. grin grin

Make people know then size before purchasing o..... By the time wey the bills go dey roll in, all those instagram post no go contribute o

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by pacino26(m): 1:53pm On May 09, 2017
sooperrescue:

I know someone that took his R Class to Globe Motors and he was given a bill of N900k for fuel related issues. A car bought brand new. I have seen Coscharis workshop giving to a Range Rover Sallmama 04 1.4m bill to fix transmission related issues. I now asked the owner, how much is the car?
100k is ideal for routine maintenance every six months. Some owners will not strap their batteries properly and in the long run will destroy the battery and causes the electronics of the car to malfunction. Let me quote you again :if you cannot spend N100k on a routine maintenance then you got no business owning a range rover

Though I represent a typical Igbo youth with investment drives rather than luxury your contributions and final submission is amazing. grin grin grin

200k annually for PMs and I'm good too go with a Range If that will be the only problem then there's no problem. cool cool cool cool

Boss Gazzuzz my respect chief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by erico2k2(m): 3:36pm On May 09, 2017
pacino26:

Though I represent a typical Igbo youth with investment drives rather than luxury your contributions and final submission is amazing. grin grin grin

200k annually for PMs and I'm good too go with a Range If that will be the only problem then there's no problem. cool cool cool cool

Boss Gazzuzz my respect chief.
Nah I don't think pm o's the issue rather servicing is.
My advice buy parts frm the UK cos that's the only place it's cheap . Cos thier parts are parts for life .
Do you knw range rover parts in the UK are cheaper than range rover parts in china ?
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by pacino26(m): 4:56pm On May 09, 2017
erico2k2:

Nah I don't think pm o's the issue rather servicing is.
My advice buy parts frm the UK cos that's the only place it's cheap . Cos thier parts are parts for life .
Do you knw range rover parts in the UK are cheaper than range rover parts in china ?

Unto home advantage na. RR na Her Majesty things.
Re: Is Range Rover Sports 2010-2013 A Reliable Car To Own Or Should I Avoid It? by erico2k2(m): 7:05pm On May 09, 2017
pacino26:

Unto home advantage na. RR na Her Majesty things.
nah the matter the lower control arm of my RRS is cheaper than that of my Jeep liberty. one is £28 the other is £48

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enviroshade / Is Mercedes E200 1996 A Good Car / Pls Help!!! My Husband Want To Buy Nigeria Use Muscle For Use Of Taxi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.