Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know (46558 Views)

Christian Faith - What I Believe Now - What I Do Not Believe Any More / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by blazer234: 6:43pm On May 22, 2017
Splinz:

am a Blasphemer, heretic. Obstinate, empty soul. I am so empty that I'm copying what I earlier condemned. Yes, I'm a hypocrite
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 6:44pm On May 22, 2017
blazer234:

am a Blasphemer, heretic. Obstinate, empty soul. I am so empty that I'm copying what I earlier condemned. Yes, I'm a hypocrite
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by blazer234: 6:46pm On May 22, 2017
Splinz:

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 7:10pm On May 22, 2017
Splinz:

On the contrary, it is always to put you in checked when you sunk too low.
rather, It is to show u have no point and clueless on how to respond.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 7:15pm On May 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
rather, It is to show u have no point and clueless on how to respond.

Okay. Nice consolation lines. Go ahead and console yourself. smiley
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 7:40pm On May 22, 2017
Smeago007:

Go and shake what the ark of covenant represents
That's the most holy thing on earth giving to the children of Isreal by God. They are still with it till today

Stop making useless argument. They didn't bow to it. Like you do to Mary
They didn't worship it like you do to Mary
Be realistic and flee from pegan worship
LOL,

so they didnt bow before an image they only prostrated before it. if jews did it then it is ok, if catholics did it then it becomes idolatry. hypocrisy
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 7:43pm On May 22, 2017
Smeago007:

Prostration or not

The fact states your shouldn't bow down to them in worship nor whatever

It differs with Joshua encounter

Prostration has never been the case
Never was recorded a sin
Bowing and worshipping is the case
Prostration is ok, but bowing is wrong abi?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 7:46pm On May 22, 2017
Themandator:

Please I must have missed that part where they were called his relatives...... Can you point it out.
The very same place where the bible says that james and co are son of another mary who is a 'sister' to mary d mother of Jesus.

easy already gave u those passages but i guess you werent paying attention.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by JuneOctober(f): 7:47pm On May 22, 2017
Patheos:

Ubenedictus

Sorry, who?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 7:49pm On May 22, 2017
Amberon:
Do you not understand what bowing in worship means. Why going round in circles. I already said this before.
SO who told you catholics are 'bowing in worship' or did you assume that by yourself?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2017
Patheos:

Ubenedictus
I saw the question, i dont have time to type a long response, wanted to give him a link to another thread where d issue was discussed...but i knew the topic will always go back to mary, after protestants lose their image battle d next thing they grasp at is mary.

If he is still reading the thread he will realise his question has been answered.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 7:59pm On May 22, 2017
Amberon:
Take note of the bolded. Even if you make the image in the likeness o Jesus Christ or God the father, it is an idol.
8 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image; any likeness of anything that is in heaven above , or that is in the earth beneath , or that is in the water under the earth;

But if you make an image of a cherubim it is ok abi?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 7:59pm On May 22, 2017
Amberon:
Did they bow to their mothers in worship?
How would u know?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 8:05pm On May 22, 2017
Amberon:
Bowing down to a statue whenever you want to pray connotes worship and no denial can change that.

Enjoy your idolatry and delusions.
Tell that to joshua in the bible, since you now claim to know peoples heart and know when they mean to show respect or honour or adoration.

your wahala is that you seem ignorant of the fact that worship comes from the heart, only d person and God knows if it is worship or not, mere bowing or prostrating doesnt imply worship, it is the intent, and you can't come here and pontificate about other peoples intention and what is in their heart. that is presumptous and insultive.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by martooski(m): 8:09pm On May 22, 2017
Amberon:
Take note of the bolded. Even if you make the image in the likeness o Jesus Christ or God the father, it is an idol.
8 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image; any likeness of anything that is in heaven above , or that is in the earth beneath , or that is in the water under the earth;

and u av d image of ur mother and father and thysef..... u this family worshipper
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 8:11pm On May 22, 2017
Izonpikin:
catholics are practicing divination by praying through dead humans...dead persons who are unconscious...its crazy men
dummy

divination - /ˌdɪvɪˈneɪʃ(ə)n/ noun 1. the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means.

Catholics do not practice divination, it is a serious sin associated with occultism, we do not conjure the dead to ask about the future. that is totally forbidden.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 8:11pm On May 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
The very same place where the bible says that james and co are son of another mary who is a 'sister' to mary d mother of Jesus.

easy already gave u those passages but i guess you werent paying attention.

I have gone through my discussion with you and can't find anything like ....Kind repost it
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 8:21pm On May 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Tell that to joshua in the bible, since you now claim to know peoples heart and know when they mean to show respect or honour or adoration.

your wahala is that you seem ignorant of the fact that worship comes from the heart, only d person and God knows if it is worship or not, mere bowing or prostrating doesnt imply worship, it is the intent, and you can't come here and pontificate about other peoples intention and what is in their heart. that is presumptous and insultive.

Why would you bow to an image under whatever guide when you are carrying God ......In the old testament, the spirit of God resided in objects that God specifically ask them to construct but in the new testament, we carry the spirit of God which came down on Pentecost so why would God now bow to an image depicting or purporting to be that of Mary, jesus even though we know that the image is that of an actor
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 8:21pm On May 22, 2017
Izonpikin:
please point out the ignorant apostle who sort for Mary to bow down to her to specifically intercede to God in prayers for them..

Like the apostles were woman wrapper begging for intercessions from a woman..
Give me the book that records all that the apostles did and i'll gladly show you.

Next time learn that an argument from silence is a fallacy.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 8:23pm On May 22, 2017
Splinz:

I keep on harping that these people are either playing dumb or suffering from chronic lack of comprehension skills. I mean, it is so obvious, and there's no sugar-coating it.

Okay. They claimed that they don't worship Mary, but they venerate her and the rest of their so-called saints. Now, lets look up the meaning of the word “venerate” in the dictionary: “regard with great respect; revere,” and one of its synonyms is “worship.” Venerate, revere, reverence, worship, and adore all mean to honor and admire profoundly and respectfully, and this honor have non other than God (Deuteronomy 6:13, Psalm 111:9, Isaiah 42:8 ). In Psalm 111:9 (KJV), it states: “...holy and reverend is His name.”

So then, it means that God alone is worthy of this honor, because He has already said that He wouldn't give His glory to another nor His praise to some dumb, blind, lame and worthless idols!
i also give profound respect to my mum...what next accuser
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 8:24pm On May 22, 2017
JuneOctober:

Sorry, who?
Me, he is telling me that i may have missed you question.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 8:26pm On May 22, 2017
easymancfc:

I'm sorry if you don't know how punctuation marks is used...
Jesus is called "THE SON OF MARY" NOT A SON OF MARY FOR A REASON...

LIKE I SAID THEY ARE CALLED JESUS'S BROTHERS BUT NOT MARY'S CHILDREN... MY STEP BROTHER IS MY BROTHER BUT NOT MY MOTHER'S SON...
besides the Greek word adelphoi can be used for cousins, or uncle-nephew relationship not just blood brothers from the same mother...

IN THE BIBLE MARY IS EITHER REFERED TO AS THE LORD'S MOTHER OR THE MOTHER OF JESUS.. NOT MOTHER OF JAMES OR JOSES OR SIMON
Themandator this and...
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 8:27pm On May 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Give me the book that records all that the apostles did and i'll gladly show you.

Next time learn that an argument from silence is a fallacy.

Acts 1:14.....“All these were persevering with one accord in prayer with the women, and with Mary, the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.”....... Catholic public Domain Bible
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2017
Themandator:

Why would you bow to an image under whatever guide when you are carrying God ......In the old testament, the spirit of God resided in objects that God specifically ask them to construct but in the new testament, we carry the spirit of God which came down on Pentecost so why would God now bow to an image depicting or purporting to be that of Mary, jesus even though we know that the image is that of an actor
this is like asking why did Jesus prostrate when he prayed since he is God.

non seqitur.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2017
easymancfc:

From Galatians.. Paul says James the Lords brother is an apostle, there are only two James in the list of the apostles...
James the son of Zebedee and James the Son of alphaeus or James the lesser, He is the Son of alphaeus not Joseph.. unless you think Mary committed adultery or had another husband

Luke 6: 15 and Matthew, and Thomas, and JAMES THE SON of ALPHAEUS , and Simon who was called the Zealot,
and this Themandator
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 8:34pm On May 22, 2017
easymancfc:

Is it that you ignored my earlier response or that you're just dull...

I showed you that all those brothers had another mother... which Mathew calls the other Mary

Here's the post again incase you didn't see it

mark 15:47 Mary Mag′dalene and MARY the MOTHER OF JOSES saw where he was laid.
NOT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS

Matthew 27:56 among whom were Mary Mag′dalene, and MARY the MOTHER of JAMES and JOSEPH, and the mother of the sons of Zeb′edee.
NOT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

Luke 24: 10 Now it was Mary Mag′dalene and Jo-an′na and MARY THE MOTHER of JAMES and the other women with them who told this to the apostles
NOT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS...

James and Joses/Joseph's Mother is another Mary...

What about Jude

Jude 1:1 Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James,Not JUDE BROTHER AND SERVANT OF JESUS CHRIST
Themandator
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Izonpikin: 9:07pm On May 22, 2017
easymancfc:

I am not as ignorant as you.. I don't believe everything must be written word for word in the Bible for it to be true....

The Bible never talked about Mary and Joseph's sex life yet you assume they had sex numerous times...

Read historical documents you won't, read early church writings you won't yet You are the ones calling people ignorant..

TALK ABOUT POT CALLING KETTLE BLACK
shocked shocked

So at this point we have to sick external sources other than the bible to prove Mary never slept with her husband..tufiakwa
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 9:23pm On May 22, 2017
Themandator:

Acts 1:14.....“All these were persevering with one accord in prayer with the women, and with Mary, the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.”....... Catholic public Domain Bible
amen!

The issue is that the word used for 'brothers' in the greek scripture doesnt always mean uterine brothers, it can also mean fellow relatives or even countrymen. In this case we know the context doesnt support fellow countrymen so they are either relatives or blood brothers.
Here it is important to lay precept on precept, matthew already named the brothers of Jesus and then clearly wrote that they were sons of another mary who is a relative to mary the mother of Jesus. By this we know that the 'brothers' were simply his relatives.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Ubenedictus(m): 9:26pm On May 22, 2017
Izonpikin:
shocked shocked

So at this point we have to sick external sources other than the bible to prove Mary never slept with her husband..tufiakwa
so your bible told you that mary slept with joseph?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 9:33pm On May 22, 2017
Izonpikin:
shocked shocked

your ignorance is indeed showing...

I assume you think whatever is not in the Bible is automatically not true or non existent

the Bible doesn't contain every detail of Mary's life..

the Bible is primarily all about Jesus but still yet.. it doesn't contain all Jesus did and it says so itself in John's gospel

John 20: 30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;

John 21:25 But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books
that would be written.

1..THE BIBLE WAS NOT WRITTEN PRIMARILY ABOUT MARY'S LIFE..

2. MARY WAS A HISTORICAL FIGURE NOT JUST A BIBLICAL ONE.. SO THERE ARE OTHER TESTIMONIES TO HER LIFE APART FROM THE BIBLE ..
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Izonpikin: 10:09pm On May 22, 2017
easymancfc:

your ignorance is indeed showing...

I assume you think whatever is not in the Bible is automatically not true or non existent

the Bible doesn't contain every detail of Mary's life..

the Bible is primarily all about Jesus but still yet.. it doesn't contain all Jesus did and it says so itself in John's gospel

John 20: 30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;

John 21:25 But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books
that would be written.

1..THE BIBLE WAS NOT WRITTEN PRIMARILY ABOUT MARY'S LIFE..

2. MARY WAS A HISTORICAL FIGURE NOT JUST A BIBLICAL ONE.. SO THERE ARE OTHER TESTIMONIES TO HER LIFE APART FROM THE BIBLE ..

please show me the testimonies oh you idol worshipper... grin

Please show me the secondary book that should give us eternal life... grin

All these to prove a married woman never had sex with her dear husband so that she can be molded and worshipped ... grin

Freaks..

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Izonpikin: 10:12pm On May 22, 2017
Ubenedictus:
so your bible told you that mary slept with joseph?
my bible said they were husband and wife...the onus is on you Mary worshippers to show she never slept with her husband...how can a wife not sleep with her husband??..did God ban her??..not even the apocryphal writings can help out with that falsehood... grin

You guys have denied Innocent Joseph of sleeping with his wife..

I hope you haven't slept with your wife since you married her...??

Rubbish

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (29) (Reply)

Armed Policemen At DSS As Suleman Honours DSS Invitation (Photos) / Photo - What A Magnificent Church Building! / Sex Scandal: Apostle Johnson Suleman Is INNOCENT Based On Evidence In This Repot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.