Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know (46829 Views)

Christian Faith - What I Believe Now - What I Do Not Believe Any More / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Amberon: 7:56am On May 28, 2017
Keep justifying your idolatry and apparitions from demons. Oh...its sunday, just about time to worship a statue right?
italo:

Are you sure you dont worship pastor and book?

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 10:29am On May 28, 2017
italo:

You have entered the lying phase of your argument.

Please quote where i said the bold for izonpikin.

This was part of your rejoinder , your sign off in one of our discourse : And you are free to print books and kneel and worship them, and to kneel and worship your pastors. As for me, the Holy Spirit said the (Catholic) Church is the pillar and foundation of truth, not the bible...or your childish interpretation of it.

If your brand of holy spirit told you that the catholic church is the pillar and foundation of truth are you not saying that the teachings and doctrines of image worship are superior to the Bible acts of Jesus himself and of his disciples who never worshipped any demonic image or what is that truth of the catholic church that your holy spirit endorsed as the truth if not her teachings and doctrines

Interpret for yourself and see if I added anything sauce...Not the Bible ...Look for it in your statement ...I don't know how to bold with iPad I would have bolded the statement
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 11:31am On May 28, 2017
italo:

1Tim3:15

So your pastor who you kneel to and worship lied to you that the Bible is the pillar and foundation of truth?

When meaning is not clear start from the beginning is the admonition of my Bishop. Go back and re read the entire page ....The church is not a building but a collection of saints ...We are the church , the house of the living God ....He came down into us on Pentecost.....We are the pillar and ground of truth and we forsake not the assembly of the saints for we are gods and children of the most high.

We come and agree in the truth from the scripture as taught by the only teacher if the saints , the holy spirit. The Bible is the collection of the activities of the early saints and Christ. It is written for our examples and guide ......Romans 15:4

You solve mathematical problems by studying examples ...Where did you get your idea that after Pentecost images were still acceptable to God as his seeking place?

My Pastor has never said anything he could not find in the scripture, particularly the new testament. If it is in the old and not new you can ignore it .

You catholics are predictable in discussion, when your points don't fly play to the gallery ......Focus on our image subject and not my part for not even your pope has imparted your life since he was sworn him ...Or can you host any message he gave that has lighted your spirit and knowledge of God.

I value my pastor and bishop more than your pope for you people claim that Peter was your first pope and he took his time to go minister to new conversation and played hands on them to received the gift of the holy ghost evidences by speaking in tongues but your brand of Peter doesn't speak let alone lay hands on others to receive

Finish your image worship and come write another satanic rejoinder from Joshua since your pope doesn't know that Joshua never had God dwelling inside of him like it is the case today after Pentecost.

Go and romance that high rise image of a woman encased in glass and tell her to pray to your God for you. My Bishop say we pray directly through Jesus and in the name of Jesus and showed us where it is in the Bible ....I am the way the truth and the kids and no one comes to the father except by me ...Very clear

You support your argument with the rich fool who is not even a believer all just to stay afloat and be considered to the making sense
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 11:39am On May 28, 2017
italo:

But they can look for God in shadows, oils, books and handkerchiefs?

So bowing and praying before images was right before pentecost but wrong after pentecost. Where did the bible say that?

Ok, so aprons can be copied from the old testament to the new testament, but images cant be copied? Welldone, teacher.

Ah! I didnt know you were the Satan's Chief of Personnel. So how many of your boys (demons) did you deploy to each Marian statue...and how many to Oyedepo's picture? And at the same time, you are the custodian of the Holy Spirit, who tells him to possess handkerchiefs, oils, books and shadows, but bans him from Catholic images. Welldone teacher.

There is no difference. We only use images, like the Israelites and Joshua. We dont pray to them.

Including pictures of your father and mother.

Where did Jesus or the apostles tell you that? Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church in 382AD. They chose the books in it and discarded the books they didnt think were inspired. And you protestants 'kneel and pray' to it. You idol worshippers, worshipping a book compiled by the Catholic Church.

You are free to worship olive oil or palm oil or shadow of peter or adeboye...or bible...or dictionary...your cup of tea.

1Tim3:15

Ah! You're also God who sifts the sheep from the goats? Welldone, master.

We have seen how the 'higher grace' leads the pastors to sleep with small girls and teach contradictory doctrines...when the holy spirit gave us one doctrine. Continue.

The catholic church is home to gay fathers. Just Google the catholic bishops of Warri and sex scandal and see what turns up ...If the woman had nor confess he would probably have been in line for your sainthood .....So many of your father can't swear that they have been true to what they swore to .

So if one that marries can fall you can imagine what the one that claims not to need a woman you be doing behind your back .....Get close to the beautiful ladies in your church and hear who your real father is

I was once a Catholic.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2017
Themandator:

The catholic church is home to gay fathers. Just Google the catholic bishops of Warri and sex scandal and see what turns up ...If the woman had nor confess he would probably have been in line for your sainthood .....So many of your father can't swear that they have been true to what they swore to .

So if one that marries can fall you can imagine what the one that claims not to need a woman you be doing behind your back .....Get close to the beautiful ladies in your church and hear who your real father is

I was once a Catholic.

The fact that there are people unfaithful to their celibacy vow doesn't prove anything.. you can't judge a practice by people who don't follow it.

there are also adulterous and homosexual pastors around also.. I guess that would mean Pentecostalism is wrong too..

The fact that you were once Catholic, if you actually were doesn't prove anything...

Pastors fornicate too. yet in your earlier comment you said they are a source of Grace..
Suleiman had sex scandal, Biodun coza had sex scandal, oyakhilome had infidelity issues etc.. that would point to penticostalism being false too..

Pentecostalism using your logic can also be called home of adulterers and fornicators.. just google PASTOR SEX SCANDAL
your argument is non sequitor

Am sure if I talk to the girls in Pentecostal churches I would find out interesting things about pastors too..

THE CURE FOR IMMORALITY IS CHASTITY NOT MARRIAGE BECAUSE MARRIED PASTORS ALSO COMMIT ADULTERY AND FORNICATION AND INDULGE IN HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITIES

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 12:12pm On May 28, 2017
Themandator:

When meaning is not clear start from the beginning is the admonition of my Bishop. Go back and re read the entire page ....The church is not a building but a collection of saints ...We are the church , the house of the living God ....He came down into us on Pentecost.....We are the pillar and ground of truth and we forsake not the assembly of the saints for we are gods and children of the most high.

We come and agree in the truth from the scripture as taught by the only teacher if the saints , the holy spirit. The Bible is the collection of the activities of the early saints and Christ. It is written for our examples and guide ......Romans 15:4

You solve mathematical problems by studying examples ...Where did you get your idea that after Pentecost images were still acceptable to God as his seeking place?

My Pastor has never said anything he could not find in the scripture, particularly the new testament. If it is in the old and not new you can ignore it .

You catholics are predictable in discussion, when your points don't fly play to the gallery ......Focus on our image subject and not my part for not even your pope has imparted your life since he was sworn him ...Or can you host any message he gave that has lighted your spirit and knowledge of God.

I value my pastor and bishop more than your pope for you people claim that Peter was your first pope and he took his time to go minister to new conversation and played hands on them to received the gift of the holy ghost evidences by speaking in tongues but your brand of Peter doesn't speak let alone lay hands on others to receive

Finish your image worship and come write another satanic rejoinder from Joshua since your pope doesn't know that Joshua never had God dwelling inside of him like it is the case today after Pentecost.

Go and romance that high rise image of a woman encased in glass and tell her to pray to your God for you. My Bishop say we pray directly through Jesus and in the name of Jesus and showed us where it is in the Bible ....I am the way the truth and the kids and no one comes to the father except by me ...Very clear

You support your argument with the rich fool who is not even a believer all just to stay afloat and be considered to the making sense

With all due respect to you.. you just wrote out of ignorance...

have you read any of the Pope's encyclical letter? do you know how many countries he has travelled to? Do you know the dept of his ministry..

The Pope doesn't need to televise miracles, for people to see..

here's a question for you.. who's your bishop, tell me when he laid hands on people and they received the Holy Spirit..

Speaking in tongues is not the only manifestation of the Holy Spirit..

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 12:25pm On May 28, 2017
P.S. in the time of Paul.. there was no Bible to be studied and agreed upon.... what they had was the teaching authority of the apostles in the church.. Jesus never left a bible.. what he left were apostles to found a church with teaching authority see Matt 28: 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.19 Go THEREFORE and MAKE DISCIPLES of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ALL THAT I HAVE COMMANDED YOU; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”
Jesus says

Luke 10:16 “He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me.”
John says 1 john 4:6 We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Paul says 2 thess 2:15 So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught by us, either by word of mouth or by letter.

the teaching came from the apostles.. who were heads of the Church, not from a bible.. it Is from this church that the letters and accounts of Jesus life was compiled for Christians so that they may not be taught error by Pope Damascus in 382 AD at the Council in Rome and was ratified at the Council of hippo 393 and confirmed at the Council of Carthage in 397AD...

WHEN PAUL WAS TALKING TO TIMOTHY IN 2 TIM 3 HE WASN'T TALKING ABOUT YOUR 27 BOOK NEW TESTAMENT KING JAMES AS SCRIPTURES INSTEAD HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE JEWISH SCRIPTURES, THE SEPTUAGINT..

EVEN WITH THOSE SCRIPTURES HE EMPHASIZED THE ROLES OF THE TEACHERS WHO TIMOTHY LEARNED THE FAITH FROM...

2 Timothy3: 14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, KNOWING FROM WHOM YOU LEARNED IT and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings which are able to instruct you for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 2:25pm On May 28, 2017
easymancfc:

The fact that there are people unfaithful to their celibacy vow doesn't prove anything.. you can't judge a practice by people who don't follow it.

there are also adulterous and homosexual pastors around also.. I guess that would mean Pentecostalism is wrong too..

The fact that you were once Catholic, if you actually were doesn't prove anything...

Pastors fornicate too. yet in your earlier comment you said they are a source of Grace..
Suleiman had sex scandal, Biodun coza had sex scandal, oyakhilome had infidelity issues etc.. that would point to penticostalism being false too..

Pentecostalism using your logic can also be called home of adulterers and fornicators.. just google PASTOR SEX SCANDAL
your argument is non sequitor

Am sure if I talk to the girls in Pentecostal churches I would find out interesting things about pastors too..

THE CURE FOR IMMORALITY IS CHASTITY NOT MARRIAGE BECAUSE MARRIED PASTORS ALSO COMMIT ADULTERY AND FORNICATION AND INDULGE IN HOMOSEXUAL ACTIVITIES

You have written this epistle just to prove that fornicating is not limited to your fathers and bishops. I was of the mind that before you mentioned pastors sleeping with ladies that you were not aware that majority of your church leaders are wolves in sheep's clothing were ladies are concerned.

I never raised the matter of personal lives of church leaders,. You did and had to string along before you runaway with the idea that those guys on white on saints.

No body holy pass.

Our discourse remains image worship.

I cited a rejoinder where you queried that , so Elijah apron can be imported into the new testament but not image .

Sir , let me pour more light on what I wrote ...... I stated that Elijah act I the old testament was covered in the new testament by Paul handkerchiefs act ....Again , in the mouth of two or three is a thing confirmed .....The action is in the old as well as the new covenant. Not so with image....Image ended in the old testament because we replaced them when we receive the holy ghost

God no longer stays in stones to talk to us , he lives inside us .

The old testament people never had the spirit of God inside them , when he comes he stays in an object or the cloud and speak and then goes away ......That is what I meant by visitation.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 2:49pm On May 28, 2017
Themandator:

You have written this epistle just to prove that fornicating is not limited to your fathers and bishops. I was of the mind that before you mentioned pastors sleeping with ladies that you were not aware that majority of your church leaders are wolves in sheep's clothing were ladies are concerned.

I never raised the matter of personal lives of church leaders,. You did and had to string along before you runaway with the idea that those guys on white on saints.

No body holy pass.

Our discourse remains image worship.

I cited a rejoinder where you queried that , so Elijah apron can be imported into the new testament but not image .

Sir , let me pour more light on what I wrote ...... I stated that Elijah act I the old testament was covered in the new testament by Paul handkerchiefs act ....Again , in the mouth of two or three is a thing confirmed .....The action is in the old as well as the new covenant. Not so with image....Image ended in the old testament because we replaced them when we receive the holy ghost

God no longer stays in stones to talk to us , he lives inside us .

The old testament people never had the spirit of God inside them , when he comes he stays in an object or the cloud and speak and then goes away ......That is what I meant by visitation.

I never discussed personal lives of ministers with you...

YOU SAY MAJORITY OF CATHOLIC CLERGY ARE IMMORAL.. do you have good proof for that.. or is it a biased assumption..
anyway all of that is still Non sequitor...

again.. Maybe it's not clear.. Catholics don't believe that our images contains God, They are reminders.. Like Pictures.. They don't contain God, but they are material things which God can use.. just like he used Peter's shadow and Elijah's mantle..

The crucifix is not a charm.. but a reminder of Christ suffering on the cross..
Mary's statue is not a god to be worshipped.. but a picture of a dear mother whom Christ gave to the disciple he loved and by extension to us..

ALL THESE IMAGES ARE RESPECTED BECAUSE OF WHOM THEY SIGNIFY NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE GOD'S OR BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN GOD..

people salute the flag, stand still at the National Anthem.. pledge allegiance to the country out of respect and honor..

The church doesn't teach that Images contains God..

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 4:08pm On May 28, 2017
Themandator:

Yes. But they dont claim that sexual immorality is 'higher grace' like Pastor Biodun COZA and other pastors.
Themandator:

I was once a Catholic.

So?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 4:09pm On May 28, 2017
Amberon:
Keep justifying your idolatry and apparitions from demons. Oh...its sunday, just about time to worship a statue right?

No. Time for you to worship your pastor, book and oil.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 4:11pm On May 28, 2017
Themandator:

This was part of your rejoinder , your sign off in one of our discourse : And you are free to print books and kneel and worship them, and to kneel and worship your pastors. As for me, the Holy Spirit said the (Catholic) Church is the pillar and foundation of truth, not the bible...or your childish interpretation of it.

If your brand of holy spirit told you that the catholic church is the pillar and foundation of truth are you not saying that the teachings and doctrines of image worship are superior to the Bible acts of Jesus himself and of his disciples who never worshipped any demonic image or what is that truth of the catholic church that your holy spirit endorsed as the truth if not her teachings and doctrines

Interpret for yourself and see if I added anything sauce...Not the Bible ...Look for it in your statement ...I don't know how to bold with iPad I would have bolded the statement

I have never heard or seen image worship.

Please where did i say church doctrine is superior to bible. Quote me and stop telling more lies.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 4:14pm On May 28, 2017
Themandator:

Who are the "we" that are the church, pillar and foundation of truth?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 7:50am On May 29, 2017
italo:

Who are the "we" that are the church, pillar and foundation of truth?

Every true believer in the works of the cross and the indwelling of the spirit of God are the "we". We are the the Ines that got the holy spirit in us who is the teacher of all truth. When he entered us he became the pillar

No image can teach jack..... It is only filled with demonic and dark forces of hell. He lives in me ....Praise God!!!
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 8:21am On May 29, 2017
Themandator:

Every true believer in the works of the cross and the indwelling of the spirit of God are the "we". We are the the Ines that got the holy spirit in us who is the teacher of all truth. When he entered us he became the pillar
So all these 'believers' teaching milions contradictory doctrines are the Church?
Themandator:

No image can teach jack.....
No pastor, no oil, no shadow, no image, no bible, no book, no handkerchief can teach or heal...but the Holy Spirit can use any of the above to teach or heal.
Themandator:

It is only filled with demonic and dark forces of hell.

That is your opinion...which doesnt matter. To me, and to the Catholic Church Jesus founded, it is filled with the Holy Spirit.
Themandator:

He lives in me ....Praise God!!!

Your opinion. To me, he lives in me and in his Catholic Church.

You still havent shown me where i said church doctrine is superior to bible.

You havent shown me where Jesus said you should read bible (genesis to revelation)
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 8:30am On May 29, 2017
italo:

I have never heard or seen image worship.

Please where did i say church doctrine is superior to bible. Quote me and stop telling more lies.

Sir, I can't go back and look for it but I will paraphrase you: you said , the church then Catholic in bracket is the foundation and pillar of truth as said by the holy spirit.

Or you were not in your self when wrote that .......
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 8:33am On May 29, 2017
Themandator:

Sir, I can't go back and look for it but I will paraphrase you: you said , the church then Catholic in bracket is the foundation and pillar of truth as said by the holy spirit.

Or you were not in your self when wrote that .......

Nowhere did i say church doctrine is superior to bible.

Stop lying.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 8:33am On May 29, 2017
easymancfc:

YOU SAY MAJORITY OF CATHOLIC CLERGY ARE IMMORAL.. do you have good proof for that.. or is it a biased assumption..

again.. Maybe it's not clear.. Catholics don't believe that our images contains God, They are reminders.. Like Pictures.. They don't contain God, but they are material things which God can use.. just like he used Peter's shadow and Elijah's mantle..

Mary's statue is not a god to be worshipped.. but a picture of a dear mother whom Christ gave to the disciple he loved and by extension to us..

ALL THESE IMAGES ARE RESPECTED BECAUSE OF WHOM THEY SIGNIFY NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE GOD'S OR BECAUSE THEY CONTAIN GOD..

people salute the flag, stand still at the National Anthem.. pledge allegiance to the country out of respect and honor..

You did not discuss personal lives you only threw tantrum at my Pastor or Pastors in reply to one of my rejoinder that you have seen how the higher grace has led them to be sleeping with girls and I fired back ..........By asking you to google your former bishop of Warri and sex scandal. ......Then we were squared out and returned to image subject matter
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 8:41am On May 29, 2017
easymancfc:

The flag doesn't remind a Nigerian that he is a Nigerian .....He knows once he comes if age that he is a Nigeria ......There is no flag that remind me that I am an Igbo man. I just know that I am.

The flag is only for the purpose of identifying a Nigerian amongst other nations. It is what tells us that this is a Nigerian. ...We confirm it by saluting what gives us identity in military fashion

A Christian doesn't need a flag or image to tell him that he is a Christian ....Being Born again and receiving the gift if the holy ghost evidence by speaking in tongues like the 12 apostles is your sure rout to your root in Christ .

To identify yourself amongst unbelievers , your flag is Mark 16:17...... These signs shall follow them that believe ........
Not these images shall be erected by them that believe ........
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 8:43am On May 29, 2017
italo:

Stop lying.

If you agree that your church is the pillar and foundation of truth and not the Bible, for crying out loud, what are you saying in essence? It not that your church doctrines and teachings whether scriptural or not are suoerior to the Bible ...Is it nor what tour statement connotes?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Syncan(m): 9:00am On May 29, 2017
italo:

Stop lying.

You say one thing, they hear another thing. The worst is they base their accusations on their wrong notions or imaginations.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 9:01am On May 29, 2017
easymancfc:

By the way , if your church doesn't teach that those images that glitters your landscape contains God why then have you been comparing and mentioning the ark of the tabernacle that actually had the presence of God , as your supporting evidence.

And now that you agree and your church agrees that it doesn't contain God , what then is responsible for the news that has come out of some of parishes that some planted there shed tears of blood? Remember it doesn't contain God ......Simple answer should be my earlier stand that demons are responsible for such display as such occurrence has no scriptural precedence.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2017
Themandator:

By the way , if your church doesn't teach that those images that glitters your landscape contains God why then have you been comparing and mentioning the ark of the tabernacle that actually had the presence of God , as your supporting evidence.

And now that you agree and your church agrees that it doesn't contain God , what then is responsible for the news that has come out of some of parishes that some planted there shed tears of blood? Remember it doesn't contain God ......Simple answer should be my earlier stand that demons are responsible for such display as such occurrence has no scriptural precedence.

They don't contain God but God can use them, just like he used Paul's handkerchief and Peter's shadow, concerning the ark... the ark, the point was that God commanded images to be made.. cherubims on the ark, the brass serpent did not contain God but God used it to heal the Israelites in the deserts all these did not contain demons I wonder why Catholic images must contain demons according to you
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 10:45am On May 29, 2017
Themandator:

The flag doesn't remind a Nigerian that he is a Nigerian .....He knows once he comes if age that he is a Nigeria ......There is no flag that remind me that I am an Igbo man. I just know that I am.

The flag is only for the purpose of identifying a Nigerian amongst other nations. It is what tells us that this is a Nigerian. ...We confirm it by saluting what gives us identity in military fashion

A Christian doesn't need a flag or image to tell him that he is a Christian ....Being Born again and receiving the gift if the holy ghost evidence by speaking in tongues like the 12 apostles is your sure rout to your root in Christ .

To identify yourself amongst unbelievers , your flag is Mark 16:17...... These signs shall follow them that believe ........
Not these images shall be erected by them that believe ........

Indeed, a Nigerian doesn't need a flag to know he Is a Nigerian,
A Catholic doesn't need images to know he Is a Catholic either..

Unbelievers don't believe in Jesus and honor his mother..

Muslims don't, pagans don't..

Speaking in tongues and miracles is not the only sign which can also be found in Catholicism..

the greater sign is love and unity.. (1 cor 13:1-13, Mat 5:14-17, John 17:20-21)

people who speak in tongues and work miracles still go to hell (mat 7:21-23)

you know people according to their way of life .. (mat 7:19-20)

you know good Catholics by their way of life not by statues... just like you know good Nigerians by them obeying good civic rules..
THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT WHEN YOU SEE A FLAG IT DOESN'T TELL YOU TOO THAT NIGERIANS ARE HERE..

AN EMBASSY, A SCHOOL, AND IN ALL THESE PLACES THE FLAG IS SALUTED...
AS FOR THE IGBO MAN, HE KNOWS HE IS IGBO. BUT PEOPLE WOULD KNOW HIM TO BE IGBO BY HIS CULTURE, FOOD, DRESSING, ETC WHICH ARE MATERIAL THINGS

and all these material things whether flag or dressing, or coat of arm.. THEY ARE RESPECTED

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 10:47am On May 29, 2017
Themandator:

You did not discuss personal lives you only threw tantrum at my Pastor or Pastors in reply to one of my rejoinder that you have seen how the higher grace has led them to be sleeping with girls and I fired back ..........By asking you to google your former bishop of Warri and sex scandal. ......Then we were squared out and returned to image subject matter

I never had any such discussion with you.. check your comments and mentions properly
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 12:07pm On May 29, 2017
easymancfc:

I never had any such discussion with you.. check your comments and mentions properly

Then sorry. I have a discussion pal named italo. I just reply believing the exchange is still with him never knew a new person had joined us. I was giving already worked up with the , you are lying wondering if he or she doesn't remember when he made the post. grin grin grin
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Themandator: 12:33pm On May 29, 2017
easymancfc:

They don't contain God but God can use them, just like he used Paul's handkerchief and Peter's shadow, concerning the ark... the ark, the point was that God commanded images to be made.. cherubims on the ark, the brass serpent did not contain God but God used it to heal the Israelites in the deserts all these did not contain demons I wonder why Catholic images must contain demons according to you

So sorry I can't repeat all this with you , I have gone through it with italo that if you do a back read of the last four pages you are most likely to find them but to answer this one: in the old God visited his people and stayed in those objects to speak to them but after the new covenant, this cease to be the practice as he came down into men on Pentecost and our very self became the temple , the ark , stone etc

The old believers had the experience of visitation but the new covenant believers have indwelling of God ....We are now all gods and children of the Most High ....Psalm 82:6 ...... John 10:34
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 12:59pm On May 29, 2017
Themandator:

So sorry I can't repeat all this with you , I have gone through it with italo that if you do a back read of the last four pages you are most likely to find them but to answer this one: in the old God visited his people and stayed in those objects to speak to them but after the new covenant, this cease to be the practice as he came down into men on Pentecost and our very self became the temple , the ark , stone etc

The old believers had the experience of visitation but the new covenant believers have indwelling of God ....We are now all gods and children of the Most High ....Psalm 82:6 ...... John 10:34

I agree with you.. but Catholics don't require God to speak to them through images.. they are reminders of special people to us, and we treat those images with respect... God speaks to us through his words, through the mouth of his ministers and through the Church.. We don't believe The statue itself is Mary or that it contains Mary, or that the crucifix is Jesus or that it contains Jesus. but we believe God can use them just like he uses any other material thing.. and we treat them with respect not WORSHIP because of whom they represent
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by easymancfc(m): 1:00pm On May 29, 2017
i
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 4:09pm On May 29, 2017
Themandator:

If you agree that your church is the pillar and foundation of truth and not the Bible, for crying out loud, what are you saying in essence? It not that your church doctrines and teachings whether scriptural or not are suoerior to the Bible ...Is it nor what tour statement connotes?

Wrong.

And you havent shown me where Jesus said "read the bible - genesis to revelation."

Still dodging that one.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 4:20pm On May 29, 2017
Themandator:

Then why did the new covenant believers need Paul's handkerchief and Peter's shadow?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 4:24pm On May 29, 2017
easymancfc:

If only he can understand this...but they'd rather manufacture their own position, call it catholic belief, and criticize it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: This Is The Most Corrupt Regime In The History Of Nigeria / Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / 7 Ways Of Defiling The Body (the Temple Of God)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.