Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know (46664 Views)

Christian Faith - What I Believe Now - What I Do Not Believe Any More / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / The True Founder And History Of The Catholic Church. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 11:34am On May 08, 2017
easymancfc:

do you actually know intercession is

yes Bible says they are bearing prayers but to do what with??... they take the prayers of the Saints on earth and offer it to God's altar.. if that's not intercession then tell me what it is...

Secondly if prayers are only meant for God and Jesus.. then how did these 24 human elders get the prayers with them

Kabasa77 might say they 24 elders stole the prayers from God.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 11:36am On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Poor innocent woman, sleeping peacefully in her grave till the resurrection. Unaware that she has been deified. SMH

So you believe that Mary is unaware of happenings on earth?

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 11:47am On May 08, 2017
italo:

But when I kneel before an statue idol of Jesus, it is an abomination?

Which statue of Jesus? Was it Jesus that told you that is how He looks?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 11:49am On May 08, 2017
italo:

So you believe that Mary is unaware of happenings on earth?

I know it. You want to tell me of some demonic appearances and messages in the name of Mary?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 11:49am On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

It is you and your lot that has refused to accept the truth. Ur arguments are lame, where is it written, thats all to you have to say, and if your savior Mary is not in Heaven, where is she?

I asked you to show me where the bible told you that Mary is in heaven...but because you cannot provide it, you begin to make up a story of Mary being my saviour that I never claimed. I know she is in heaven because the Catholic Church told me. As for you how do you know? Or do you subscribe to Catholic teaching?
kabasa77:

I have given you two explicit Bible passages stating that Jesus is the only mediator we have between us and man.. Men, am done with you

Yet you said Christians can intercede for other Christians on earth but once they move to heaven they lose their intercessory power.

But you cant show where the bible said the bold.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 11:50am On May 08, 2017
italo:

Kabasa77 might say they 24 elders stole the prayers from God.

Comprehension is your problem, The Bible said the 24 elders had a bowl containing the prayers of the Saints, prayers the Saints made by themselves, they only brought it to God's presence, this different from when a person interceeds for another. They 24 elders only brought the prayers to God.. Men, you are impossible really..

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 11:54am On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Which statue of Jesus? Was it Jesus that told you that is how He looks?

The Church told me so...the same Church that compiled the bible you kneel before.

Is it Jesus that told you about the bible?

Does that make the book your idol?

5 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by kabasa77(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2017
italo:

I asked you to show me where the bible told you that Mary is in heaven...but because you cannot provide it, you begin to make up a story of Mary being my saviour that I never claimed. I know she is in heaven because the Catholic Church told me. As for you how do you know? Or do you subscribe to Catholic teaching?

Yet you said Christians can intercede for other Christians on earth but once they move to heaven they lose their intercessory power.

But you cant show where the bible said the bold.

Mary was human as you and I, she believed in Jesus, she was even in the room when the apostles received the Holy Spirit, and even as the Bible never wrote about the 12 apostles being in Heaven, i know the are, so quit this childish argument, that is no Catholic teaching, every Matured Christian knows this.
And when I said Christains can interceed I told you intercession is in of two parts, we can pray for one another, it's different from the intercession Jesus does for us in heaven, why is that so hard for you to understand.. But when you get to heaven Jesus is there also pleading on our behalf as a mediator and as an intercessor..

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 12:01pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

I know it. You want to tell me of some demonic appearances and messages in the name of Mary?

No. I want to tell you of saints in heaven and how they know what is happening on earth...and how they pray to God about it.

Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered for the word of God and for the testimony they had given; 10 they cried out with a loud voice, “Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long will it be before you judge and avenge our blood on the inhabitants of the earth?”

Do you still arrogantly insist that Mary doesnt know what is happening on earth...or are ready to humble yourself and admit your ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 12:11pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

The Church told me so...

Your church is false and therefore damned!

italo:

the same Church that compiled the bible...

What nonsense! Go and learn how the Old Testament patriarchs compiled and canonized the Hebrew Scriptures, and then finally concluded with the addition of the New Testament by the apostles. You must be thinking it's everyone that buys your church's tales of compiling the Bible. Of course, your church known for its infamous activities, only changed the correct order of the Holy Scriptures into the wrong format that is in circulation today.

For example: The general epistles like James, Timothy etc, were to follow the Acts of the apostles before Romans.

italo:
Is it Jesus that told you about the bible?

Yes. Jesus is the word.

italo:

Does that make the book your idol?

How can the inspired word of God be an idol?

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 12:17pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

Do you still arrogantly insist that Mary doesnt know what is happening on earth...or are ready to humble yourself and admit your ignorance.

Where did you quote that from? The book of Revelation—a vision! Almost everything in Revelation is symbolic.

Stop looking for every means of justifying your idol worship. Mary is in her grave awaiting the resurrection just like Abraham, David and the rest.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 12:26pm On May 08, 2017
kabasa77:

Mary was human as you and I, she believed in Jesus, she was even in the room when the apostles received the Holy Spirit, and even as the Bible never wrote about the 12 apostles being in Heaven, i know the are, so quit this childish argument, that is no Catholic teaching, every Matured Christian knows this.

Believing and being in the upper room doesnt guarantee that she didnt backslide.

So you are adding teachings to the Bible and claiming those believe it are matured christians. But you cannot say where these 'matured Christians' got their teaching from. How can you be so sure of something the bible never said, Mr 'Bible believing Christian?'
kabasa77:

And when I said Christains can interceed I told you intercession is in of two parts, we can pray for one another, it's different from the intercession Jesus does for us in heaven, why is that so hard for you to understand.. But when you get to heaven Jesus is there also pleading on our behalf as a mediator and as an intercessor..

Ok. You said Christians can pray for others but cant pray for their sins to be forgiven. That is heresy.

kabasa77:

My brother you are getting it wrong, when you are taking about intercession, there are two parts to it.. First, as Christians we can pray for one another, Bible even says we should carry one another burden, but the second part of intercession is pleading on behalf of a person for the wrong such a person committed.. That's where Jesus has the sole authority, Mary cannot plead for ur sins, thats blasphemy, firstly she was never the one that died on the cross, only Jesus who died on the cross has that Authority.. So when you talk about intercession, you must understand the context...

In John 20:23, Jesus gives men power to forgive sins.

1Johnt:16 If you see your brother or sister committing what is not a mortal sin, you will ask, and God will give life to such a one—to those whose sin is not mortal. There is sin that is mortal; I do not say that you should pray about that.

James5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven

Easymancfc, ubenedictus, splinz, effico

Pls help me look at this heresy o
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 12:33pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Your church is false and therefore damned!

What nonsense! Go and learn how the Old Testament patriarchs compiled and canonized the Hebrew Scriptures, and then finally concluded with the addition of the New Testament by the apostles. You must be thinking it's everyone that buys your church's tales of compiling the Bible. Of course, your church known for its infamous activities, only changed the correct order of the Holy Scriptures into the wrong format that is in circulation today.

For example: The general epistles like James, Timothy etc, were to follow the Acts of the apostles before Romans.

Yes. Jesus is the word.

How can the inspired word of God be an idol?

Where did Jesus mention "bible?" which you kneel before?

Show me where it is written that the books of Mark and Luke are inspired...

So is the bible your idol?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 12:40pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Where did you quote that from? The book of Revelation—a vision! Almost everything in Revelation is symbolic.

Stop looking for every means of justifying your idol worship. Mary is in her grave awaiting the resurrection just like Abraham, David and the rest.

Easymancfc, ubenedictus

It has begun. Now that they see their heresies are clearly contradicting scripture, they are starting to eviscerate the bible, just like Martin Luther removed 7books.

Now, Revelation, not valid. Will kabasa77 also remove the books of John, James and 1John from his bible?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 12:50pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

Oh, he doesn't even know the Greek word translated “bible.” In his head, the bible is the coinage of his church. Of course, the word “bible” conjures mystery in some people’s minds, just like you. Now learn: From the Greek biblos, it simply means “a sheet or scroll of writing; book.”

And please, stop making that fallacious statements of I kneeling before the bible. I am no idolater like you. And yes... I know your own version of the bible with the apocrypha on its pages is corrupt and therefore, not an inspired word of God but of men with ulterior motives.

My own Scriptures is the inspired word of God, handed down to instruct all in righteousness.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

Easymancfc, ubenedictus

It has begun. Now that they see their heresies are clearly contradicting scripture, they are starting to eviscerate the bible, just like Martin Luther removed 7books.

Now, Revelation, not valid. Will kabasa77 also remove the books of John, James and 1John from his bible?

Are you lacking in comprehension skills or is it “symbolism” that you don't understand?

Be sensible in your comments.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 1:24pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

In John 20:23, Jesus gives men power to forgive sins.

How come your priest have never come to you and confess his own sins?

John 20:23 is taken out of context. It doesn't bestow the power to forgive sins on any priest or pastor. Matthew 6:12 states: “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” Do you now understand it?

italo:

1Johnt:16 If you see your brother or sister committing what is not a mortal sin, you will ask, and God will give life to such a one—to those whose sin is not mortal. There is sin that is mortal; I do not say that you should pray about that.

Nothing in this passage even remotely suggest that men have the power to forgive sins. You'll also say God made man the judge and the liberator? Heretics!

italo:

James5:14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven

In Mark 2:1-10, Jesus showed that for sicknesses to be healed, sins must be forgiven first. Thus He first said “Son, thy sins are forgiven.” The Scribes understood the implication of what it means to forgive sins—that it is God's exclusive right, thus reasoning in their hearts, they thought Jesus was blaspheming.

So James 5:14 isn't rocket science. For God to heal the sick according to the prayers of the elders, He must first of all forgives the sins of the sufferer. Why don't you also say that it is by the power of the elders that the sick will be healed?

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 2:43pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Oh, he doesn't even know the Greek word translated “bible.” In his head, the bible is the coinage of his church. Of course, the word “bible” conjures mystery in some people’s minds, just like you. Now learn: From the Greek biblos, it simply means “a sheet or scroll of writing; book.”

And please, stop making that fallacious statements of I kneeling before the bible. I am no idolater like you. And yes... I know your own version of the bible with the apocrypha on its pages is corrupt and therefore, not an inspired word of God but of men with ulterior motives.

My own Scriptures is the inspired word of God, handed down to instruct all in righteousness.
You probably misread the questions. Here they are again:

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 2:48pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Are you lacking in comprehension skills or is it “symbolism” that you don't understand?

Be sensible in your comments.

Rev 6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slaughtered for the word of God and for the testimony they had given; 10 they cried out with a loud voice, “Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long will it be before you judge and avenge our blood on the inhabitants of the earth?”

Try again...to tell me that saints in heaven dont know and pray about events on earth. Kabasa77, help him.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 3:05pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

John 20:23 is taken out of context. It doesn't bestow the power to forgive sins on any priest or pastor. Matthew 6:12 states: “And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” Do you now understand it?

Nothing in this passage even remotely suggest that men have the power to forgive sins. You'll also say God made man the judge and the liberator? Heretics!

In Mark 2:1-10, Jesus showed that for sicknesses to be healed, sins must be forgiven first. Thus He first said “Son, thy sins are forgiven.” The Scribes understood the implication of what it means to forgive sins—that it is God's exclusive right, thus reasoning in their hearts, they thought Jesus was blaspheming.

So James 5:14 isn't rocket science. For God to heal the sick according to the prayers of the elders, He must first of all forgives the sins of the sufferer. Why don't you also say that it is by the power of the elders that the sick will be healed?

The essence of this your poor gymnastics is to support kabasa77 that christians cannot pray for God to forgive other people's sins abi?
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 3:15pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

John20:22 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Who should i believe...Jesus or splinz?

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:47pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

You probably misread the questions. Here they are again:

Quite an ignorant comment, devoid of any sense.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:55pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

John20:22 When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

And I asked again: When last did your priest come to you and confess his sins and you forgave him?

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 3:59pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

The essence of this your poor gymnastics is to support kabasa77 that christians cannot pray for God to forgive other people's sins abi?

There's a difference between praying for God's forgiveness and one sinner sitting in a corner calling for confessions that sins may be forgiven.

A sinner forgiving sins? What heresy! Indeed, Babylon the great.

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 4:06pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

Try again...to tell me that saints in heaven dont know and pray about events on earth. Kabasa77, help him.

Again I repeat, what is being described here is symbolical and not a literal representation. This is a common understanding of the book of Revelation.

Of course, I don't expect you to know it. I mean, for those who think of Revelation 12 “woman” as Mary, your ignorance is not a surprise.

2 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 5:20pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

And I asked again: When last did your priest come to you and confess his sins and you forgave him?

Thats miles away from the points.

1. You said the apostles were not given power to forgive sins, John20:22,23 said they were. Should I believe you and disbelieve Jesus...or should we dismiss the book of John too as false 'symbols?'

4 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 5:29pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Again I repeat, what is being described here is symbolical and not a literal representation. This is a common understanding of the book of Revelation.

Of course, I don't expect you to know it. I mean, for those who think of Revelation 12 “woman” as Mary, your ignorance is not a surprise.

Try again...to explain how the saints cannot pray/know about happenings on earth. Your last effort fell flat. Kabala77, help him o.
Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 5:30pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

There's a difference between praying for God's forgiveness and one sinner sitting in a corner calling for confessions that sins may be forgiven.

A sinner forgiving sins? What heresy! Indeed, Babylon the great.

1 Like

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 5:33pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

1. You said the apostles were not given power to forgive sins, John20:22,23 said they were. Should I believe you and disbelieve Jesus...or should we dismiss the book of John too as false 'symbols?'

Eyaa... he doesn't even know that the apostles were fellow Christians just like every other Christian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by italo: 5:34pm On May 08, 2017
Splinz:

Eyaa... he doesn't even know that the apostles were fellow Christians just like every other Christian.

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 5:34pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

Straws man arguments. Recycling the same thing over and over again. Are you this dull?

3 Likes

Re: The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know by Splinz(m): 5:36pm On May 08, 2017
italo:

Try again...to explain how the saints cannot pray/know about happenings on earth. Your last effort fell flat. Kabala77, help him o.

Stale. If you lack comprehension, sorry I can't help you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil / Fulani Women In Hijab Join Lord's Chosen Members For Crusade In Kwara. Photos / Over 20 Killed At Night-Vigil In Uke, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.