Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,326 members, 7,954,317 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:35 PM

Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water (22140 Views)

Edo State Polytechnic Expels 2 Students Caught Having Sex In Lecture Halls / Protest: UNIBEN Students Seize CBN Bullion Van, Army Vehicle (Video) / Parents Queue To Attend Graduation In Babcock University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Sketchandcraft(m): 9:38am On May 07, 2017
JoshuaKay:
So it happened that students have to stay on a long cue and some even climb on the storex tank in order to fetch water in the school hostels/halls. There have been shortage of water due to power outage in the halls for more than three days. Rumours have it that the school management is owing BEDC and that's why they refuse to supply electricity to the school for days now.
The funniest aspect of it all is that you need to have a "connection " for you to be able to fetch.

cue or queue

are u making ref to cue ball in snooker

are you really a std of uniben or a visitor

like president like students
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Petroking: 9:43am On May 07, 2017
This is Hall 3 for sure. Uniben alumni for life. Year 1-2 we dey hall 4, year 2 end of semester to year 5 finals - ekosodin win am lol.. Abeg we all know students will always be students
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by slawomir: 9:46am On May 07, 2017
ok
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by codlord: 9:48am On May 07, 2017
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Jay1988: 9:52am On May 07, 2017
Sad hw the young people are dumb to simple realities of living well and creating a life with brilliant ideas. They are blinded by sexuality and pale perspective for the future. Old fools confuse young senseless persons to kill themselves. Suffering for food and water.
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by slawomir: 9:55am On May 07, 2017
comrChris:
Uniben is overrated, the only thing that make sense there is their main gate

In case you want to quote me, l was there few days ago, l went round the school their hostels inclusive with my cousin, the school is so ugly

you mean university of Benin is over-rated and ugly
you don't know anything son.
light travels faster than sound that is why some people appears bright and intelligent until you hear them speak. I pity you and your ignorance.
right now all federal universities in Nigeria are seen as same by buhari administration. ignoring the fact that the amount of money they generate to federal government are not the same.
go and seek for knowledge on the billions uniben generate for your government every month then you will never use the word over-rate for uniben anymore.
uniben is number one when it comes to revenue generation.
to whom much is expected then much should be given for infrastructure but buhari administration is not doing that. federal universities in the south and west are generating money for government but the universities in the north are enjoying without generating half of what the ones in south and west are generating.

1 Like

Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by TheSpellChecker: 9:59am On May 07, 2017
OrestesDante:

Cue is correct bros!!! It's a variant spelling of queue. American english. undecided
You always have your dictionary.

Conditions in Federal schools are pathetic

No, you are totally wrong!!!

Cue in this context is absolutely wrong because it refers to a long plait (of hair) or pigtail rather than a long line or sequence of people which is what is being referred to here.
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Flaghouse1: 10:14am On May 07, 2017
JoshuaKay:
So it happened that students have to stay on a long cue and some even climb on the storex tank in order to fetch water in the school hostels/halls. There have been shortage of water due to power outage in the halls for more than three days. Rumours have it that the school management is owing BEDC and that's why they refuse to supply electricity to the school for days now.
The funniest aspect of it all is that you need to have a "connection " for you to be able to fetch.

This is serially. Pathetic, don't the school get allocations from th government,I thinks it's high time quarterly or yearly audit be conducted in all these institutions to ascertain how funds allocated are disbursed.

I believe if this is done with all sincerity discoveries would be made to see where these votes/allocation are diverted to

My humble submission!!!
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Nobody: 10:18am On May 07, 2017
OrestesDante:

Cue is correct bros!!! It's a variant spelling of queue. American english. undecided
You always have your dictionary.

Conditions in Federal schools are pathetic
only federal(govt) schools?everything run by govt is a joke except aso rock and other govt houses; nepa,though its phcn or whatever now, frcn, nta, nitel, npf, nipost,govt hospitals,nrc, water board, etc...how can one person seated in his a.c tight office in abuja effectively co-ordinate the affairs of all theseand they say we dont need to change our system of govt...just so they can continue controlling budget of trillions, and the dumb masses keep tearing themselves apart in the name of religion and ethnicity while everything comes to a waste
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Nobody: 10:30am On May 07, 2017
TheSpellChecker:

No, you are totally wrong!!!

Cue in this context is absolutely wrong because it refers to a long plait (of hair) or pigtail rather than a long line or sequence of people which is what is being referred to here.

google it. Cue and queue.
I use Collins English Dictionary and it's there.
I'm aware of the OP's ignorance. Yet he was right.
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by chiefojiji(m): 10:42am On May 07, 2017
Could this be news? Who get latest news about our president? Have he eventually resign?
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Nobody: 10:45am On May 07, 2017
slawomir:

light travels faster than sound that is why some people appears bright and intelligent until you hear them speak. I pity you and your ignorance.
right now all federal universities in Nigeria are seen as same by buhari administration. ignoring the fact that the amount of money they generate to federal government are not the same.
go and seek for knowledge on the billions uniben generate for your government every month then you will never use the word over-rate for uniben anymore.
to whom much is expected then much should be given for infrastructure but buhari administration is not doing that. federal universities in the south and west are generating money for government but the universities in the north are enjoying without generating half of what the ones in south and west are generating.
What he's saying is the truth. Uniben is overrated. Yes the school generate funds but the allocation they get are squander by same university authorities. The corruption there is at its peak.
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Nobody: 10:46am On May 07, 2017
Flaghouse1:

This is serially. Pathetic, don't the school get allocations from th government,I thinks it's high time quarterly or yearly audit be conducted in all these institutions to ascertain how funds allocated are disbursed.

I believe if this is done with all sincerity discoveries would be made to see where these votes/allocation are diverted to

My humble submission!!!
Yes they should audit the School's financial report
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by olumzzz(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2017
slawomir:
am a uniben staff.

but electricity have been restored since on Friday afternoon na.
those pictures you took are not recent. they are as old as my grandfather.
even without bedc. uniben have a stand by generator that can power those bore holes that supply water.
stop destroying our image and get busy with something good.

uniben management is always up and doing. one of the most active in Nigeria.
Hear urself. Uniben management is up and doing but u couldn't pay electricity bill. Wat are u up and doing?
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Nobody: 10:51am On May 07, 2017
Report reaching me from a reliable source states that the power outage experienced from Tuesday to Friday wasn't new to the school that's why they have a generating set for powering the school and a separate one for pumping water. The shortage of water may not be attributed to power failure but to the water pumping machine .
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by TheSpellChecker: 10:56am On May 07, 2017
OrestesDante:

google it. Cue and queue.
I use Collins English Dictionary and it's there.
I'm aware of the OP's ignorance. Yet he was right.

Check Wikipedia and you will see where your misconception might be coming from.

Here's the link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queue_(hairstyle)
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by TheVictorious(m): 11:00am On May 07, 2017
slawomir:
am a uniben staff.

but electricity have been restored since on Friday afternoon na.
those pictures you took are not recent. they are as old as my grandfather.
even without bedc. uniben have a stand by generator that can power those bore holes that supply water.
stop destroying our image and get busy with something good.

uniben management is always up and doing. one of the most active in Nigeria.

But you're also not denying the fact that those pictures were taken in Uniben; so what's the point So you mean posting your image online is tantamount to destroying your image? SHM.
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by TheVictorious(m): 11:05am On May 07, 2017
slawomir:

They say a school is overrated and you're talking about generating fund for FG. What has that got to do with their learning environment, international recognition, research impact, student welfare or any other pertinent issue
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Nobody: 11:07am On May 07, 2017
TheSpellChecker:

Check Wikipedia and you will see where your misconception might be coming from.

Here's the link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queue_(hairstyle)

ok.... You win
http://grammarist.com/usage/cue-queue/

Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Fash20: 11:33am On May 07, 2017
This queue no long now... come to my school and see queue make you fear
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by TheSpellChecker: 11:44am On May 07, 2017
OrestesDante:

ok.... You win
http://grammarist.com/usage/cue-queue/

Of course, I always win. tongue grin cool
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by madjune(m): 12:49pm On May 07, 2017
Chai.

Conditions in naija schools just won't change.

I remember us running short of water in Unical in the 90s.
It's just like a repeat of that time.
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Oju4190: 12:54pm On May 07, 2017
Kirikiri inmates
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Olutayojr: 4:40pm On May 07, 2017
Come see queue for OAU you go know se queue pass queue

Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Blue3k2: 7:01pm On May 07, 2017
Can't the engineering students figure out a solution?
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by Goalnaldo(m): 7:38pm On May 07, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Nothing special here.We have seen this everywhere.

MOD who brought this to front page sucks. .. I was banned for this same comment before smiley

By the way....poster above me has drank too much ogogoro early in the morning.

So Nnamdi Kanu is Jesus and would provide you water?
hopely u wont be ban this time
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by GeneralOjukwu: 7:40pm On May 07, 2017
Goalnaldo:
hopely u wont be ban this time

LOL...the niggahs haven't caught me....YET grin
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by allaboutobed(m): 7:48pm On May 07, 2017
Hmmmm. Block E. Hall 3
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by osazsky(m): 7:55pm On May 07, 2017
Nothing new did same wen still in sch. It's normal
Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by chuggy(m): 8:21pm On May 07, 2017
Dis one too small...UNIBEN dey learn where UNN dey, i remember when lions dey fetch fanta water for dat rusted mbanefo tank and wen we dey go fetch water for abandoned swimming pool wey frogs dey breed inside, tadpoles, all join...kai, Great lions and lionesses, we don suffer, we don experience life, i swear...LOL
One proud LION don talk...lol

1 Like

Re: Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water by EternalTruth: 12:52am On Feb 08, 2018
NkayTiana:
But it's being renovated my dear... not as bad as before
nice pics. I'm In UNIBEN. Let's meet up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Fake Professors List That Turned Out To Be Fake / We Wont Call Off Strike Until Our Demands Are Met - ASUU President / Lagos Comprehensive School Students Receive E-learning Tablets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.