Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? (13145 Views)

How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Donald Trump; "We Worship God......." Epic Reply From Atheists (screenshots) / Today Is Sunday: How Do We Worship God (2) (3) (4)

Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Toks2008(m): 12:19am On May 07, 2017
It is no longer news that Muslims take various postures that leads to bowing down their heads to touch the ground while praying to Allah (GOD) and this can also be taken as worship.

However, in the christiandom there are many ways Christians worship God but I tend to wonder which posture is best for worshipping God so let's take a quick reference from the Bible...

Which is the Best Posture for Worshipping God:

The bible does not specifically instruct us to worship God in a certain position and they vary widely among different congregations and nations but in many instances where the bible mention "worship", bowing down is usually attributed to it and amazingly there are over 70 verses in the scripture that suggests bowing and kneeling down for worship.

We can worship in words and in song but the Bible never clearly commands any particular posture to worship but it says those who want to worship must do so in spirit and in truth.
(John 4:24)

Nevertheless,i believe that the posture we take when we worship God is very vital and the Bible clearly points us to the best and most ideal way to worship God which can be found in Revelation 4:8-11which reads;

“Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: “HOLY, HOLY, HOLY IS THE Lord GOD ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS, AND IS, AND IS TO COME.”

Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say: “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

That is all that these four living creatures do, night and day. Even the elders fall down before God and cast their crowns at His feet for indeed, He is “worthy."

These elders may represent the church in general which clearly suggests that even if we worship in the spirit,as mortal beings,the best and most ideal posture to worship GOD is to go down on our kneels or go flat on the ground cos as the lord prayers suggests.."Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

Psalm 95:6..." Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the LORD our maker"

As for me, as long as I am physically able, I will worship God on my face, kneeling or lying flat on the ground just as it is done in heaven....

If the eternal host of heaven worships in spirit and in truth yet fall flat to worship God then I see no reason why a mortal being like me will not do same.

Happy Sunday to you all.

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by sLentlover7778(m): 12:36am On May 07, 2017
Th best worship is in spirit and truth.. demonstration doesn't really matter...

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Manweysabi(m): 1:09am On May 07, 2017
Post pix of the different positions
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Nobody: 1:35am On May 07, 2017
I usually don't comment very often, but I followed your comment on a thread only to see you have created a thread for it.
It will interest you that Jesus attached no importance to positions. In the garden, we read thus:
Luke 22:41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He KNELT down and began to pray,
Luke 22:42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.”
But did you know the position of prayer Jesus used as an example was standing, not even the kneeling position?
Mark 11:25 And when you STAND praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
Why the variation? Because your position does not matter with God! The content of your worship is paramount to God than posture. What matters is where the worship comes from and the nature of the worship.
John 4:24 "
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”
They will not worship God standing or kneeling or prostrate. Those are outward signs of worship in the Old Covenant. The New Covenant is based on the Spirit and Truth.
I better stop here before I type stuffs that some may not understand.
But sir, it is worship in spirit, not worship while kneeling. In fact, you can worship God on your bed and enjoy his mighty presence right there on your bed. Jesus has shown us -by his life and teachings- that the Father is not complex like we have imagined.
We have liberty in his presence forevermore!

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by dingbang(m): 4:55am On May 07, 2017
Joseid:
I usually don't comment very often, but I followed your comment on a thread only to see you have created a thread for it.
It will interest you that Jesus attached no importance to positions. In the garden, we read thus:
Luke 22:41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He KNELT down and began to pray,
Luke 22:42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.”
But did you know the position of prayer Jesus used as an example was standing, not even the kneeling position?
Mark 11:25 And when you STAND praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
Why the variation? Because your position does not matter with God! The content of your worship is paramount to God than posture. What matters is where the worship comes from and the nature of the worship.
They will not worship God standing or kneeling or prostrate. Those are outward signs of worship in the Old Covenant. The New Covenant is based on the Spirit and Truth.
But sir, it is worship in spirit, not worship while kneeling. In fact, you can worship God on your bed and enjoy his mighty presence right there on your bed. Jesus has shown us -by his life and teachings- that the Father is not complex like we have imagined.
you have explained everything....

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by greatgod2012(f): 5:21am On May 07, 2017
The Bible says in John 4:24 that God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth!

No position is specified, therefore, no matter the position anyone adopts, if the worship is not in spirit and truth, such person is merely doing exercises, nothing more!

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Pavore9: 5:57am On May 07, 2017
Position is not specific what counts is the heart which is being used in worship.

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by eleojo23: 5:59am On May 07, 2017
It is not about bowing the knee but about bowing the heart before Him.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Toks2008(m): 6:43am On May 07, 2017
Joseid:

Praying to God and worshipping God are not exactly the same.

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by hezy4real01(m): 6:49am On May 07, 2017
For me I don't have a specific position, as the spirit leads, I fit sit down for ground sef, it's nobody's business na me and God

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Toks2008(m): 7:02am On May 07, 2017
hezy4real01:
For me I don't have a specific position, as the spirit leads, I fit sit down for ground sef, it's nobody's business na me and God

I agree but there is always an ideal way.

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by menxer: 7:07am On May 07, 2017
Worshiping is like having sex, the position you take doesn't matter in as much as you enjoy it.

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Toks2008(m): 7:11am On May 07, 2017
menxer:
Worshiping is like having sex, the position you take doesn't matter in as much as you enjoy it.

20 Likes

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Nobody: 8:22am On May 07, 2017
Toks2008:

Who receives them both?

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by ElsonMorali: 8:28am On May 07, 2017
Toks2008:

That's not quite true.

Prayer is an act of worship when directed towards the Supreme Being.

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Toks2008(m): 8:30am On May 07, 2017
ElsonMorali:

That's not quite true.
Prayer is an act of worship when directed towards the Supreme Being.
I won't argue this.

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Toks2008(m): 9:41am On May 07, 2017
Lalasticlala what do you think?
Happy sunday
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Fkhalifa(m): 9:52am On May 07, 2017
Well I think the pope already answered this...

The physical act practiced by men of God in the Bible , was "falling on their faces".

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by clems88(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2017
menxer:
I saw ur brain in the soak away behind the latrin . u better go and pick it and put it to good use. Senseless being angry

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by CXLVII: 9:54am On May 07, 2017
Lie down and raise your legs up!

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by jericco1(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2017
Romans 6:23
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by paradigmshift(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2017
which one be posture again. am not understanding
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by KenModi(m): 9:55am On May 07, 2017
My favourite position when I worship God...

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by clems88(m): 9:55am On May 07, 2017
Toks2008:
Lalasticlala what do you think?

Happy sunday
lala no know all this kind things. Ask him question about snake he shall answer ye
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Partnerbiz2: 9:55am On May 07, 2017
Kneeling with hands up
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by caniva(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2017
The Muslim way is the only way.

Your face to the ground.

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Icecream4U(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2017
menxer:
What?! Even when you finish from the back? shocked

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by babyfaceafrica: 9:57am On May 07, 2017
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by KenModi(m): 9:57am On May 07, 2017
menxer:

Nigga have u lost ur mind?!!

How can u compare worshipping one's creator to having sex

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by justicejay(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2017
Lolx.
my God has no limit to one posture

If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? / How Do You Feel When You Don't Have Offering To Give In Church? / Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More?