Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? (13151 Views)

How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Donald Trump; "We Worship God......." Epic Reply From Atheists (screenshots) / Today Is Sunday: How Do We Worship God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Onechancearmy(m): 10:01am On May 07, 2017
caniva:
The Muslim way is the only way....also found in the bible.

Your face to the ground.

You mean worshipping the moon god Allah?

1 Like

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by segebase(m): 10:06am On May 07, 2017
doggy style
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by mosefin19(m): 10:11am On May 07, 2017
frank Edward all the way...very inspirational with his voice
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by piping: 10:32am On May 07, 2017
Fkhalifa:
Well I think the pope already answered this...

The physical act practiced by men of God in the Bible , was "falling on their faces".

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Nobody: 10:37am On May 07, 2017
Toks2008:

Praying to God and worshipping God are not exactly the same.
prayer is a form of worship. worship is not only in singing. worship is reverence from our hearts unto God. Every Christian duty is worship. God accept every sincere worship be it in form of singing, praises, praying, evangelism, teaching and in services.
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by homosapien002: 10:46am On May 07, 2017
menxer:
Worshiping is like having sex, the position you take doesn't matter in as much as you enjoy it.

I swear you no well oooo
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by EmmGee: 10:54am On May 07, 2017
You can't find this question in islam.
The best posture is to perform salah

2 Likes

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 11:08am On May 07, 2017
Onechancearmy:

faces to the ground as Muslim does and with evidence from the bible.

And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with [their] faces to the ground. - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Nehemiah 8:6) "And he said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the LORD am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?" - Old Testament (Tanakh) (Joshua 5:14)
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by MhissBelva(f): 11:18am On May 07, 2017
menxer:
Worshiping is like having sex, the position you take doesn't matter in as much as you enjoy it.

you must b a very funny somebody oo
u really got me laughing grin
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by munex007(m): 12:01pm On May 07, 2017
The best position

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by DollarAngel(m): 12:24pm On May 07, 2017
[quote author=piping post=56287464][/quote]

You are wrong Sir, what the pope did in that pic was he kissed the ground and that's a gesture he does to every city or country he visits in the world, he did the same at OBA in Anambra when he visited NIGERIA
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by CyrusTheGreat: 12:25pm On May 07, 2017

Best position

1 Like

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by CyrusTheGreat: 12:38pm On May 07, 2017

PRRRRAAAAAIIIIISSSEEE THA LAAWWWWWWWWWD HALLELOOOYAH

1 Like

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by naijafire(m): 12:51pm On May 07, 2017
I don't know which is the best . for me though, when worship is intense I lie down on the ground. .. that's me
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by CyrusTheGreat: 1:02pm On May 07, 2017
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Basic123: 1:13pm On May 07, 2017
Anyway,to follow the bibe its by bowing....
if you don't want to follow the bible.Do anyhow.

To me its In spirit+ bowing...when worship.but you can pray in any posture.

What are my evidences??

Numbers 20:6
Then Moses and Aaron came in from the
presence of the assembly to the doorway of
the tent of meeting and fell on their faces.
Then the glory of the LORD appeared to them;
Verse Concepts

1 Chronicles 29:20
Then David said to all the assembly, "Now
bless the LORD your God." And all the
assembly blessed the LORD, the God of their
fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the
LORD and to the king.
Verse Concepts

Revelation 7:11
And all the angels were standing around the
throne and around the elders and the four
living creatures; and they fell on their faces
before the throne and worshiped God,
Verse Concepts

Genesis 17:3
Abram fell on his face, and God talked with
him, saying,
TO BE CHRISTIAN,IS TO BE CHRIST LIKE.BE LIKE JESUS.

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by Basic123: 1:21pm On May 07, 2017
Onechancearmy:

Ignorance!!!
,even when you want to condemn.You do that with knowledge.seek that first.

1 Like

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by menxer: 2:20pm On May 07, 2017
MhissBelva:

you must b a very funny somebody oo
u really got me laughing grin

Icecream4U:
What?! Even when you finish from the back? shocked

Different people end their praying session in different ways, some with just a simple "Amen", others with singing, others with words of affirmation, whatever or however you choose to end it is up to you; same with sex, Ending it on the back is award winning and is recommended.
grin
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by CyrusTheGreat: 2:20pm On May 07, 2017
Best posture to take when you worship rationality:
[img]https://creepingsharia.files./2017/01/burn-hell.gif[/img]

Burn a stupid fiction book.
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by iykololo(m): 5:56pm On May 07, 2017
doggy styl

1 Like

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by CyrusTheGreat: 6:13pm On May 07, 2017
[img]https://fthmb.tqn.com/zxvXvWjubyH6gwq1sA1JHLqgthE=/768x0/filters:no_upscale()/about/100483388-56a86c733df78cf7729e0e75.jpg[/img]
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by bootycapon(m): 9:36pm On May 07, 2017
This and more are the grey areas Islam has come to perfect. The act if worship was not completely revealed since the the creation of Adam and other messengers of God that followed him until Prophet Muhammad was sent. All these men if God beginning from Adam, Moses, David down to Jesus and Muhammad has come preaching the same message to mankind.
Make no distinction among them. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was the last link in the chains of prophethood and messengers of the Supreme Being.
He has simply perfected the religion for mankind and made clear to the world the accepted mode of worshiping God.
There should be no confusion about this if we are wise.
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by aalangel(f): 9:44pm On May 07, 2017
Toks2008:
It is no longer news that Muslims take various postures that leads to bowing down their heads to touch the ground while praying to Allah (GOD) and this can also be taken as worship.

However, in the christiandom there are many ways Christians worship God but I tend to wonder which posture is best for worshipping God so let's take a quick reference from the Bible...

Which is the Best Posture for Worshipping God:

The bible does not specifically instruct us to worship God in a certain position and they vary widely among different congregations and nations but in many instances where the bible mention "worship", bowing down is usually attributed to it and amazingly there are over 70 verses in the scripture that suggests bowing and kneeling down for worship.

We can worship in words and in song but the Bible never clearly commands any particular posture to worship but it says those who want to worship must do so in spirit and in truth.
(John 4:24)

Nevertheless,i believe that the posture we take when we worship God is very vital and the Bible clearly points us to the best and most ideal way to worship God which can be found in Revelation 4:8-11which reads;

“Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying: “HOLY, HOLY, HOLY IS THE Lord GOD ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS, AND IS, AND IS TO COME.”

Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say: “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

That is all that these four living creatures do, night and day. Even the elders fall down before God and cast their crowns at His feet for indeed, He is “worthy."

These elders may represent the church in general which clearly suggests that even if we worship in the spirit,as mortal beings,the best and most ideal posture to worship GOD is to go down on our kneels or go flat on the ground cos as the lord prayers suggests.."Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"

Psalm 95:6..." Come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the LORD our maker"

As for me, as long as I am physically able, I will worship God on my face, kneeling or lying flat on the ground just as it is done in heaven....

If the eternal host of heaven worships in spirit and in truth yet fall flat to worship God then I see no reason why a mortal being like me will not do same.

Happy Sunday to you all.

Where the Spirit of God is, there is Liberty. Any posture can be taken.
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by bootycapon(m): 9:48pm On May 07, 2017
This is a Pastor doing this. No enlightened Muslim will try such, because we believe in the holy bible and in Jesus Christ more than the so called Xtians

Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by cevek11: 11:34pm On May 07, 2017
Prayer is communication, worship is show of reverence. ... not exactly same
ElsonMorali:

That's not quite true.

Prayer is an act of worship when directed towards the Supreme Being.
Re: Which is the Best Posture to take when we worship God? by ElsonMorali: 10:38am On May 08, 2017
cevek11:
Prayer is communication, worship is show of reverence. ... not exactly same

Worship is not show of reverence.

The word reverence comes from revere, respect.

You show reverence by tone of language, MODE of worship, genuflection, bowing, kneeling etc.

You can show reverence to other human beings too who are worthy of respect, But you don't PRAY to them, do you?

You and I are communicating, does it mean we are praying? No!

You can show reverence while praying, no doubt. But showing reverence alone isn't worship.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When You Don't Have Offering To Give In Church? / Can A Christian Man (marry (two (2))wives? Is It A Sin? / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.