Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Understanding Gender Patronage Can Save You From Financial Mess As Entrepreneur - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Understanding Gender Patronage Can Save You From Financial Mess As Entrepreneur (396 Views)

My Experience At A Wedding Affected My View On Gender Equality / Breaking: 9mobile Gone; Subscribers In Bigger Mess As Teleology Takes Over / Here Is How To Get N5 Million Naira BOI Loan With Ease As Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Understanding Gender Patronage Can Save You From Financial Mess As Entrepreneur by masterblaster(m): 6:35am On May 07, 2017
I was in Kokori, Ethiope East local Government area of Delta State for an event after about four years of visit. The town which became like a ghost city due to the crisis that engulfed the place in 2013 is now back to life, normalcy has returned, people who ran away have returned home and the popular Kokori market is booming again.
One thing that is popular in the state is the fact that women prefer to ride motorcycle unlike in the past when they used to ride on bicycle to anywhere they want. They use motorcycle for various functions like hawking, going to farm, running errands and any movement they want. Okada (commercial motorcycle riding) is very popular in the small town, most of the youths ride okada for a living. One thing I noticed is the low patronage of okada riders by the people. Most people who engage the services of commercial bike riding are visitors like me who came to town for one event or the other.
This is the real essence of this article. My research has revealed to me that women in other states in Nigeria patronize okada riders more than the men. This is because women unlike like men don’t like to walk or trek as the case may be. A man can walk much distance and will never breakdown while some women who dare do same may end up in the hospital. In Kokori, the people who should patronize the okada riders have their own, they ride across town themselves on their own motorcycle, hence the low okada patronage in the town.
In a nutshell, operating as a commercial bike rider in the town is a waste of energy especially if the individual cannot ride inter-region i.e, taking passengers from one region of the state to the other which is a lot of distance and more risky too. It is important to understand gender patronage before setting up a business as I said earlier. A makeup artiste in such a place will have a very limited patronage.
As the town is coming back o life in a steady but a speedy way, a lot of rebuilding is going on . That is why I applaud the people who are currently selling building materials, cement and other building accessories. They are currently in harvest period; they make a lot of money from the unlimited patronage they get daily. There are other profitable ventures in the town like running a bakery, fixing motorcycles, running a construction company, selling of food and farming.
Visit source to read more...
http://naijaentrepreneur.com/2017/05/07/understanding-gender-patronage-can-save-you-from-financial-mess-as-entrepreneur/

Re: Understanding Gender Patronage Can Save You From Financial Mess As Entrepreneur by Afonjashapmouth: 6:43am On May 07, 2017
Nice write up and an informative website too... Just try populate it with more traffic and you are on your way to a big thing

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Location For A Loundry Business / Absent From Work For A Day Due To Illness, How Do You Communicate Your Boss? / ‘overdose Of Banned Injection Killed Adeleke’- LAUTECH CMD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.