Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business (68181 Views)

OPL 310: Lekoil Secures $184m Funding For Drilling / Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) / Samuel Robinson: Teenager Asks For N20million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 07, 2017
Mayflowa:

There may be truth somewhere. It is easy for Linda Ikeji to deny him, isn't it? More so, for 18 years to have the time to apply for verification of his account speaks a lot about his mentality. Are you verified on twitter?
Verification of account wey gboys dey do anyhow plz say sometin better.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by polydoctor(m): 8:47pm On May 07, 2017
I've lost in my thought.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by NotComplaining: 9:04pm On May 07, 2017
alignacademy:

I hope more people will see the wisdom in your words.

Stories like this perpetrate the MYTH that people need to wait for all the stars to line up before their dreams can come true.

And so people keep procrastinating, waiting for that "perfect" time when they'll meet the right "investors"...

..and while waiting, they'll wake up one day too old to do anything useful.

For every wunderkind who gets a "commitment" of millions, there are THOUSANDS of people who are quietly working at their dreams in less conspicuous ways.

Of course they don't get much press. Their ideas usually aren't the "Next Big Thing".

But not everyone wants to be famous.

Good luck to the kid

Sounds like a ponzi scheme. You give 200 mill to a boy...

20 mill into 1bill in 2 years?? Has MMM not taught Nigrians anything?? That pitch has been used timeslessly by ponzi rogues.

Unless he plans to sell precious stones or secure a lease on a crude oil reservation, I cant connect the dots.

Even if he intends to sell agro related tech or software, it can be a hit or miss.

Hold your adulation.

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 07, 2017
NotComplaining:

20 mill into 1bill in 2 years?? Has MMM not taught Nigrians anything?? That pitch has been used timeslessly by ponzi rogues.

Unless he plans to sell precious stones or secure a lease on a crude oil reservation, I cant connect the dots.

Even if he intends to sell agro related tech or software, it can be a hit or miss.

Hold your adulation.

Why are Nigerians so full of negativity. Why are you so quick to write the boy off as nonsense. A normal person would at least watch and see the outcome. You are just full of hate which reflects Your Own insecurities. It's sad that the way people make up for their failings is by lashing out at those with success.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 9:43pm On May 07, 2017
NotComplaining:

Hold your adulation.

My adulation?

Did you read my post at all?
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by obstead200(m): 10:09pm On May 07, 2017
mykelmeezy:
congrats

to him but you see why 18year old need sense/an adult around

its really not every detail you post o social media

if the "billionaires" dont come through or if someone kills/kidnaps him out of the mumuness of thinking he has the money already who do we blame

keep details private.....

Am really surprised that anyone can even believe this trash. This is just a social media stunt to promote some hidden interests. Who dash u 200million in nigeria?? To a startup with nothing but ideas, no experience, no counterpart funding, no pedigree.........na lie!!!!!. Except this is the first step towards some kind of online scam or the first step towards money laundering by some polithiefcian.
Even with a gun to my head, I can't believe this story.
Moreover a young man with an idea worth 200million will be sensible enough to know that he won't bring the news of this success to social media.
All na scam!!!

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by obstead200(m): 10:20pm On May 07, 2017
makingmy:

Why are Nigerians so full of negativity. Why are you so quick to write the boy off as nonsense. A normal person would at least watch and see the outcome. You are just full of hate which reflects Your Own insecurities. It's sad that the way people make up for their failings is by lashing out at those with success.
which success ??
Just take note of the OP and that young man's social media handle. Watch their space and follow all sister accounts they have on social media. Very soon, u will see them pointing to this 200million story and asking u to bring money and invest in their ponzi scheme, telling u that this 200million is a guarantee that even if u invest 1million, they will pay u 5million in 2 weeks. When u give them ur money, then u will understand u are the real mugu
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by obstead200(m): 10:24pm On May 07, 2017
NotComplaining:

Hold your adulation.
bless u bro.
At least someone is using his brains
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by PreciousFarms: 10:54pm On May 07, 2017
Up you
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by yassjib: 11:40pm On May 07, 2017
congratulations dude
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by madjune(m): 1:26am On May 08, 2017
makingmy:

You see that you don't have sense? So he should post his idea that got him 200 million naira here. You see that you're very stupid! Idiot Mtchewww

Indomie Mumu infant.

How old are you? What's special about keeping his idea secret.
Its just plain Nigerian selfish spirit and that which you fully subscribe to.

You ever watched the reality show "Dragons den"?
Where lots of young, enterprising folks sell or pitch fantastic biz ideas?

Do they do that in secret?

What of Dangote always pushing numerous ideas...

He runs them in secret?

Funny girl.

3 Likes

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 6:41am On May 08, 2017
madjune:

Indomie Mumu infant.

How old are you? What's special about keeping his idea secret.
Its just plain Nigerian selfish spirit and that which you fully subscribe to.

You ever watched the reality show "Dragons den"?
Where lots of young, enterprising folks sell or pitch fantastic biz ideas?

Do they do that in secret?

What of Dangote always pushing numerous ideas...

He runs them in secret?

Funny girl.
y

And so? Is he obligated to share his ideas with you or anyone else? If he wants to share, he will share. Noone has the right to demand that he share his idea on Nairaland. For what Na?
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 6:59am On May 08, 2017
obstead200:
which success ??
Just take note of the OP and that young man's social media handle. Watch their space and follow all sister accounts they have on social media. Very soon, u will see them pointing to this 200million story and asking u to bring money and invest in their ponzi scheme, telling u that this 200million is a guarantee that even if u invest 1million, they will pay u 5million in 2 weeks. When u give them ur money, then u will understand u are the real mugu

You better watch very well o. I am not in collaboration with the boy or anyone else. I was just inspired and said make I post an for NL. Someone I don't know, I don't know if it is a scam or not, I really don't think it is though. The boy was an actor. ..theres stuff about him online and he has been working on his ideas for a long time. I've been seeing his Instagram posts right from time. Too much talk! Scam or no Scam me I'm not a part of it o!
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 8:14am On May 08, 2017
Mayflowa:

Don't sell yourself cheap. What is anything? Go and think and create a plan. The world is your oyster

You're right! I will follow your advice.... One can never tell where they will find favour

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by odimbannamdi(m): 9:06am On May 08, 2017
iamrealdeji:
you're in point bro. Nigerians are very gullible and believe anything. who would give 200m to someone that has never handled a common 50k naira biz. no matter how brilliant the idea seems to be,it would look like some virtual kiddy game to those so called investors by the time they rethink it. raw cash is not that easy to fork out even to organized companies not to talk of an 18 year old boy

Regarding the emboldened, I am surprised at you guys consistent assertion.

How well do u guy him? Do you know his business history well enough to emphatically lay that claim?

Because he is just 18 doesnt mean he is a total novice to the world of business. I started my first business when i was just 18+.

You guys should let me be
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 9:46am On May 08, 2017
odimbannamdi:

Regarding the emboldened, I am surprised at you guys consistent assertion.

How well do u guy him? Do you know his business history well enough to emphatically lay that claim?

Because he is just 18 doesnt mean he is a total novice to the world of business. I started my first business when i was just 18+.

You guys should let me be

Abi O! Finally someone with sense. Thank you my brother
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by seethemhaters: 9:58am On May 08, 2017
Can't believe I'm just seeing this

Yes!!!!

Jesus christ, he got 200 million cheesy Thank God o. I believed in him when I made my post ( Teenager asks for 20 million) I believed he could get 20 not 200m damn!! That's freaking awesome!!

I get my own ideas too o... If he can just spare 1m. I will contact him now sha
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by seethemhaters: 10:44am On May 08, 2017
makingmy:

Abi O! Finally someone with sense. Thank you my brother

Thank you for creating this thread. You are right, this deserves to be celebrated.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by odimbannamdi(m): 4:10pm On May 08, 2017
NotComplaining:

[b]Unless he plans to sell precious stones or secure a lease on a crude oil reservation, I cant connect the dots.

[/b]Hold your adulation.

It's really surprising how you guys think this guy is a total kid who just fell from the sky and dropped into this deal he just landed, without any prior business experience, skills or acumen especially in the agro field for which he just landed this deal. Really really surprising!

First off, I can imagine how extensively and rigorously those moneybags must have quizzed him, particularly in his practical acquaintance with his plan.

Secondly, His post says "200million naira in cash, real estate and assets". This means he will be given access to stuffs like land space for his operations, source of water, feed formulation machines, vehicles to convey goods to the market, liquid cash etc, all amounting to 200million naira. So, a whole 200minllion naira cash wont be doled out into his account or palms.

Regarding the emboldened..

Let us understand that Agriculture is almost the next big thing. We can keep "malice" with every commodity on earth, but we can never keep malice with food. All of us must chop, and Agriculture will provide the food.

I agree that his stipulated Return On Investment (of 1billion naira for 20million naira and, by implication, 10billion naira for 200million in 2years) is quite unrealistic, there is still a very big chance that he will make tangible returns to justify the investment. A 50% monthly ROI on investment translates into 2.4billion naira in 2years. Aint that something!?

Apart from Agriculture sef, there are other viable businesses that can very much turn 200million into that 10billion naira in 2year. Yes! I said so. It's importation!

200million naira will make you a king in China and manufacturers will beg to produce for you. You will import a very hot product in container loads and sell them with over 300% profit margin! Imagine how much you will make in 2years. Soon, you will bring the manufacturers into Nigeria and your company will start up.

Please, let us not underestimate the power of business. With a very valid idea and funds to execute them, almost anything is achievable.

MEanwhile, we have a viable business you can invest in

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by NotComplaining: 8:16pm On May 08, 2017
odimbannamdi:

It's really surprising how you guys think this guy is a total kid who just fell from the sky and dropped into this deal he just landed, without any prior business experience, skills or acumen especially in the agro field for which he just landed this deal. Really really surprising!

First off, I can imagine how extensively and rigorously those moneybags must have quizzed him, particularly in his practical acquaintance with his plan.

Secondly, His post says "200million naira in cash, real estate and assets". This means he will be given access to stuffs like land space for his operations, source of water, feed formulation machines, vehicles to convey goods to the market, liquid cash etc, all amounting to 200million naira. So, a whole 200minllion naira cash wont be doled out into his account or palms.

Regarding the emboldened..

Let us understand that Agriculture is almost the next big thing. We can keep "malice" with every commodity on earth, but we can never keep malice with food. All of us must chop, and Agriculture will provide the food.

I agree that his stipulated Return On Investment (of 1billion naira for 20million naira and, by implication, 10billion naira for 200million in 2years) is quite unrealistic, there is still a very big chance that he will make tangible returns to justify the investment. A 50% monthly ROI on investment translates into 2.4billion naira in 2years. Aint that something!?

Apart from Agriculture sef, there are other viable businesses that can very much turn 200million into that 10billion naira in 2year. Yes! I said so. It's importation!

200million naira will make you a king in China and manufacturers will beg to produce for you. You will import a very hot product in container loads and sell them with over 300% profit margin! Imagine how much you will make in 2years. Soon, you will bring the manufacturers into Nigeria and your company will start up.

Please, let us not underestimate the power of business. With a very valid idea and funds to execute them, almost anything is achievable.

MEanwhile, we have a viable business you can invest in

Its pretty darn clear that youre an idealogue and romanticizer of business theories and principles. Remember, dont be greedy, be prudent!

The kid or whoever is behind this pitch is borrowing off the sentiment that put MMM into overdrive; that anyone can make millions, just trust me.

I know a business idea when I see one, having spent donkey years growing my own. A business pitch doesnt lie to potential investors, only parasite schemes do that.

The kid is looking for investors but unwilling to give us a clue on what actually is going to drain this investment, just a bit of charisma and puncline adages and bam!

Sorry. Thats pure bunk.

Imporatation was a good venture just like all other ventures in Nigeria before they became saturated by lazy politicians, miscreants.

You build a hall in a lucrative area after years raising capital only to be outmanouvered by the chairman of your locality who raises the money over night. Soon, the drug dealer builds his own, then through clandestine methods the pastor/ritualist/kidnapper builds their own. So now, you the petty trader is facing stiff competition from launderers and cleptocrats. This is market stagnation, strangulation and saturation. Apply this to all trade and industries and you have a carbon copy of Nigerias economy.

If the guy isnt selling drugs then trust me he is a liar. So much confidence to return 1bill with only 20mill. The numbers dont match. There are thousands of extenuating circumstances that big businesses go through that prevent them paying dividends. The kid with zero exp can assure such returns based on what? A mention in the press??! Plzzzx
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 08, 2017
NotComplaining:

Its pretty darn clear that youre an idealogue and romanticizer of business theories and principles. Remember, dont be greedy, be prudent!

The kid or whoever is behind this pitch is borrowing off the sentiment that put MMM into overdrive; that anyone can make millions, just trust me.

I know a business idea when I see one, having spent donkey years growing my own. A business pitch doesnt lie to potential investors, only parasite schemes do that.

The kid is looking for investors but unwilling to give us a clue on what actually is going to drain this investment, just a bit of charisma and puncline adages and bam!

Sorry. Thats pure bunk.

Imporatation was a good venture just like all other ventures in Nigeria before they became saturated by lazy politicians, miscreants.

You build a hall in a lucrative area after years raising capital only to be outmanouvered by the chairman of your locality who raises the money over night. Soon, the drug dealer builds his own, then through clandestine methods the pastor/ritualist/kidnapper builds their own. So now, you the petty trader is facing stiff competition from launderers and cleptocrats. This is market stagnation, strangulation and saturation. Apply this to all trade and industries and you have a carbon copy of Nigerias economy.

If the guy isnt selling drugs then trust me he is a liar. So much confidence to return 1bill with only 20mill. The numbers dont match. There are thousands of extenuating circumstances that big businesses go through that prevent them paying dividends. The kid with zero exp can assure such returns based on what? A mention in the press??! Plzzzx

You raised some good points. Nonetheless, the idea of facebook after funded and developed yielded hundreds of millions of dollars after just a few years. Same thing with Dangote, same with apple. You CANNOT! write off the young man's ambition, plans and ideas because YOU DO NOT KNOW THEM! just because you are unable to fathom how to yield that kind of exponential growth doesn't mean someone else can't.

Mark Zuckerberg was 18, Dangote was 19, Steve Jobs was 26... All of them obviously we're young and inexperienced when they started building their ideas but they yielded exponential growth nonetheless. People are very bad at looking at seeds and guessing the size of the tree that will grow from it.

Perhaps 1billion In two years is unrealistic. ..but keep in mind that he posted that THE INVESTOR IS NOT GIVING HIM A TIME LIMIT for the idea. Expand your perspective... Whatever he has, think of the potential in 5years Or 10years Or 20years. This young man's story is synonymous to how SEVERAL people who are multi-billionaires in dollars started.

Stop being so sharp and quick to judge a book by its cover, the contents might be far more interesting.

Badbelle no go help anybody o

I should add that just like Mark kept Facebook Secret, And Bill Gates kept apple secret and Steve Jobs kept Apple secret till they launched them, we are probably never going to hear what this boy's idea is. He seems to know what he is doing and is obviously smart. I seriously doubt that he is looking at this thread or caring about the people saying he cannot possibly deliver because your words didn't make him and so they will not break him. I think he is pursuing his dreams to prove to himself thank he can do it and not to prove anything to any external, inconsequential person.

God! I just hate it when people put down ambitious youths. The same Badbelle people will go on news and say the youth are the future. How are they the future when you stomp on them and their ideas every time they make an attempt. Nigeria will probably remain stagnant Or regressing because of this. It's just freaking disappointing and sad.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by NotComplaining: 5:34am On May 09, 2017
makingmy:

You raised some good points. Nonetheless, the idea of facebook after funded and developed yielded hundreds of millions of dollars after just a few years. Same thing with Dangote, same with apple. You CANNOT! write off the young man's ambition, plans and ideas because YOU DO NOT KNOW THEM! just because you are unable to fathom how to yield that kind of exponential growth doesn't mean someone else can't.

Mark Zuckerberg was 18, Dangote was 19, Steve Jobs was 26... All of them obviously we're young and inexperienced when they started building their ideas but they yielded exponential growth nonetheless. People are very bad at looking at seeds and guessing the size of the tree that will grow from it.

Perhaps 1billion In two years is unrealistic. ..but keep in mind that he posted that THE INVESTOR IS NOT GIVING HIM A TIME LIMIT for the idea. Expand your perspective... Whatever he has, think of the potential in 5years Or 10years Or 20years. This young man's story is synonymous to how SEVERAL people who are multi-billionaires in dollars started.

Stop being so sharp and quick to judge a book by its cover, the contents might be far more interesting.

Badbelle no go help anybody o

I should add that just like Mark kept Facebook Secret, And Bill Gates kept apple secret and Steve Jobs kept Apple secret till they launched them, we are probably never going to hear what this boy's idea is. He seems to know what he is doing and is obviously smart. I seriously doubt that he is looking at this thread or caring about the people saying he cannot possibly deliver because your words didn't make him and so they will not break him. I think he is pursuing his dreams to prove to himself thank he can do it and not to prove anything to any external, inconsequential person.

God! I just hate it when people put down ambitious youths. The same Badbelle people will go on news and say the youth are the future. How are they the future when you stomp on them and their ideas every time they make an attempt. Nigeria will probably remain stagnant Or regressing because of this. It's just freaking disappointing and sad.

All the entrepreneurs you mentioned were pioneers. Furthermore, other than Dangote who had political leverage, those young entrepreneurs worked from their parents garage and constructed something that was then premiered to the rest of the world. They were not selling an idea, compelling investors to park their stash, they were selling a vision for their product. Even with that, they were not promising billions. It was the investors that gradually grew them out of the garage and into wallstreet.

Think of business as you think of musicians. Have you ever seen a musician being given a record deal simply based on his/her charisma? The record company want to see and hear you sing!

Imagine a singer, without releasing a single track, telling the world hes the next big thing and assures them billions once he is given the necessary funding.

In business theres grassroot growth and artificial growth, investors usually run away from the latter unless they see big names backing it, with the necessary clout to ensure it succeeds. Even with such clout, investors are skeptical as rich peole have been known to dupe the poor. People want to see a trail, what the individual put in; his passion and expertise.

You call it bad belle, but answer this... Whats the key difference between the pitch used by this 18 year old boy and ponzy scheme dissemenators?

If youre easily won over by age, then youre not shrewd and probably looking for a get rich quick scheme. People lie, especially on social media. Has Linda Ikeji confirned meeting with him, knowing of his existence? Have you met the kid in person to confirm it is not just one facet in grand conspiracy? These questions go before emotional arguments because they safeguard your hard earned cash.

Dont be a victim.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by NotComplaining: 6:38am On May 09, 2017
makingmy:

Mark Zuckerberg was 18, Dangote was 19, Steve Jobs was 26... All of them obviously we're young and inexperienced when they started

I should add that just like Mark kept Facebook Secret, And Bill Gates kept apple secret and Steve Jobs kept Apple secret till they launched them, we are probably never going to hear what this boy's idea is.

Youre obviously a novice so I wont go in for the attack.

Entrepreneurs do not hide their ideas, they protect them through Patent laws.

Bill Gates et al didnt hide anything... Till this very day, Microsoft makes more money through leasing their patents than through selling software. Some patentss are worth billions!!

Do you know companies assign whole teams and departments the task of seeking novel products and then patenting them?

Nokia and blackberry are still afloat simply on the value of their patents, that they lease to big names like Apple, Google etc.

Corporate Espionage

Mark Zuckeberg didnt hide facebook, in fact he was not even the first, his niche was university students and alumini. Facebook grew because young people wanted to connect with old friends etc.

You said the investor is not giving the boy a 2 yr time frame (i.e. adding extra time), then what are his deliverables, collaterals in the 2 years he promises to make us billionnaires? Surely the first investor should be expecting his billions in 2 years like the rest of us. Why the discrepancy? If the investor is saying the boy needs more time to forment his idea, then in other words we are just being wishful by expecting returns in two years.

Thanks for exposing the first contradiction.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by seethemhaters: 8:04am On May 09, 2017
NotComplaining:

All the entrepreneurs you mentioned were pioneers. Furthermore, other than Dangote who had political leverage, those young entrepreneurs worked from their parents garage and constructed something that was then premiered to the rest of the world. They were not selling an idea, compelling investors to park their stash, they were selling a vision for their product. Even with that, they were not promising billions. It was the investors that gradually grew them out of the garage and into wallstreet.

Think of business as you think of musicians. Have you ever seen a musician being given a record deal simply based on his/her charisma? The record company want to see and hear you sing!

Imagine a singer, without releasing a single track, telling the world hes the next big thing and assures them billions once he is given the necessary funding.

In business theres grassroot growth and artificial growth, investors usually run away from the latter unless they see big names backing it, with the necessary clout to ensure it succeeds. Even with such clout, investors are skeptical as rich peole have been known to dupe the poor. People want to see a trail, what the individual put in; his passion and expertise.

You call it bad belle, but answer this... Whats the key difference between the pitch used by this 18 year old boy and ponzy scheme dissemenators?

If youre easily won over by age, then youre not shrewd and probably looking for a get rich quick scheme. People lie, especially on social media. Has Linda Ikeji confirned meeting with him, knowing of his existence? Have you met the kid in person to confirm it is not just one facet in grand conspiracy? These questions go before emotional arguments because they safeguard your hard earned cash.

Dont be a victim.

I hear what you're saying but my issue is why do you think that this young man is not a pioneer as well... Why do you think that the people he met didn't scrutinize every inch of his idea. Billionaires are smart people and for this boy to have met not one but two of them, that says something.

Do you think he just fell from the sky? Think about the process, he probably had to hustle like no man's business to get their contact details. Then edit and reedit and structure his plan till it was rock solid before even contacting the billionaires.

Fine, the way he got attention at first asking for 20mill to return 1billion is conspicuous but what was he supposed to do?? How else was he to get people to look his way.

And then he wrote that the investor IS NOT giving him a time limit. Which means that he didn't go to them and pitch 20million to 1billion in 2years years but a long term investment. Yes, it could be as you wrote but then it could also be the opposite which is a young man that needed to get attention so he made a bold move and from the bold move got two ultra wealthy people to look his way. He then worked hard to send his plan to the pa of the pa of the vice director to the billionaire to get a meeting.

Linda Ikeji gave him 30minutes!!! 30minutes!!! I am sure that this is not a scam because I have been following his social media since he was on Shuga 2years ago and I have seen the process of how he got here. He didn't fall from the sky. Billionaires are not stupid. Let's forget the money that was COMMITTED to him, that he even got a meeting at all sef proves that he has something.

He posted some videos of himself and the investor in his instagram @samuelrobinsonx this is seeming less and less like a joke everyday because I'm sure it is not.

All I want is to have an open mind at least. Yes there is freedom of opinion but just as it could be black, it could also be white.

At least watch the boy like most people are doing then in 6 months or 1year make your assessment. Nobody knows more than you do. We are watching him and waiting not just critizing the strength of ideas that we don't know.

Stop attacking the poor op just because she is defending him with an open mind.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by seethemhaters: 8:07am On May 09, 2017
NotComplaining:

Youre obviously a novice so I wont go in for the attack.

Entrepreneurs do not hide their ideas, they protect them through Patent laws.

Bill Gates et al didnt hide anything... Till this very day, Microsoft makes more money through leasing their patents than through selling software. Some patentss are worth billions!!

Do you know companies assign whole teams and departments the task of seeking novel products and then patenting them?

Nokia and blackberry are still afloat simply on the value of their patents, that they lease to big names like Apple, Google etc.

Corporate Espionage

Mark Zuckeberg didnt hide facebook, in fact he was not even the first, his niche was university students and alumini. Facebook grew because young people wanted to connect with old friends etc.

You said the investor is not giving the boy a 2 yr time frame (i.e. adding extra time), then what are his deliverables, collaterals in the 2 years he promises to make us billionnaires? Surely the first investor should be expecting his billions in 2 years like the rest of us. Why the discrepancy? If the investor is saying the boy needs more time to forment his idea, then in other words we are just being wishful by expecting returns in two years.

Thanks for exposing the first contradiction.

How so you know that his idea is not patented? I'm just saying, stop assuming that this boy is some rookie who just fell from the sky and had an idea and went to a billionaire. He has probably covered all his bases. The only knowledgeable thing to do is to watch and see.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 8:41am On May 09, 2017
seethemhaters:

I hear what you're saying but my issue is why do you think that this young man is not a pioneer as well... Why do you think that the people he met didn't scrutinize every inch of his idea. Billionaires are smart people and for this boy to have met not one but two of them, that says something.

Do you think he just fell from the sky? Think about the process, he probably had to hustle like no man's business to get their contact details. Then edit and reedit and structure his plan till it was rock solid before even contacting the billionaires.

Fine, the way he got attention at first asking for 20mill to return 1billion is conspicuous but what was he supposed to do?? How else was he to get people to look his way.

And then he wrote that the investor IS NOT giving him a time limit. Which means that he didn't go to them and pitch 20million to 1billion in 2years years but a long term investment. Yes, it could be as you wrote but then it could also be the opposite which is a young man that needed to get attention so he made a bold move and from the bold move got two ultra wealthy people to look his way. He then worked hard to send his plan to the pa of the pa of the vice director to the billionaire to get a meeting.

Linda Ikeji gave him 30minutes!!! 30minutes!!! I am sure that this is not a scam because I have been following his social media since he was on Shuga 2years ago and I have seen the process of how he got here. He didn't fall from the sky. Billionaires are not stupid. Let's forget the money that was COMMITTED to him, that he even got a meeting at all sef proves that he has something.

He posted some videos of himself and the investor in his instagram @samuelrobinsonx this is seeming less and less like a joke everyday because I'm sure it is not.

All I want is to have an open mind at least. Yes there is freedom of opinion but just as it could be black, it could also be white.

At least watch the boy like most people are doing then in 6 months or 1year make your assessment. Nobody knows more than you do. We are watching him and waiting not just critizing the strength of ideas that we don't know.

Stop attacking the poor op just because she is defending him with an open mind.

Thank you O my brother, I could not have said it better myself. Best thing is to be patient, watch as see. shocked
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by PropertyAsset: 8:48am On May 09, 2017
Nigeria is a land flowing with milk and honey. It's a country of great entrepreneurs and business magnates. I still believe in this country, and I hope believe with me.

Contact us for your own titled land/property/asset acquisition and investment in Ibeju-Lekki (with CofO) and all accross Lagos with great deals for you.
[WhatsApp +2348027390046]
Check signature below.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by NotComplaining: 9:00am On May 09, 2017
seethemhaters:

Stop attacking the poor op just because shAe is defending him with an open mind.

If youve known him for a number of years, then youre better informed to invest. Im just hearing about him for the first time so i could be dead wrong.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by seethemhaters: 9:15am On May 09, 2017
NotComplaining:

If youve known him for a number of years, then youre better informed to invest. Im just hearing about him for the first time so i could be dead wrong.

Exactly! And it's not like he's shouting for more investors already. I'm sure that he is probably waiting to start building his plans first before looking for more investors. That thing he wrote saying that he is open to meeting with investors was most likely just him saying I have what I need for now but if you are an investor and want to meet then I will meet you, ku ku the more money the better and quicker we can do this thing.

Lol.. . I don't know him personally o. I have been watching him from afar via social media for over two years. His handle is samuelrobinsonx on twitter and instagram. You sef, go watch am
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 09, 2017
SuperBlack:
You may now be having dreams of being his wife.

Haha grin I'm like twice his age. I wouldn't mind to be his wife though because he may be reading this... For 200 milla shocked, I would be anything and do anything he wants. grin wink
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by SuperBlack: 10:23am On May 10, 2017
makingmy:

Haha grin I'm like twice his age. I wouldn't mind to be his wife though because he may be reading this... For 200 milla shocked, I would be anything and do anything he wants. grin wink
Hahahahahaha. This Bae sef. You funny
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 10, 2017
SuperBlack:
Hahahahahaha. This Bae sef. You funny

wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Black Friday At Ibadan Shoprite: Customers Take Canned Drinks, Ate Packaged Rice / Man Who Returned N600,000 Mistakenly Sent To Him Now In Trouble / Obi Cubana Shows Off His Elder Brothers (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.