Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business (68224 Views)

OPL 310: Lekoil Secures $184m Funding For Drilling / Nkechinyere Chidi-Ogbolu, 18-Year-Old PhD Student Supported By GTBank (Photos) / Samuel Robinson: Teenager Asks For N20million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 07, 2017
dingbang:
He is lucky

I hope more people will see the wisdom in your words.

Stories like this perpetrate the MYTH that people need to wait for all the stars to line up before their dreams can come true.

And so people keep procrastinating, waiting for that "perfect" time when they'll meet the right "investors"...

..and while waiting, they'll wake up one day too old to do anything useful.

For every wunderkind who gets a "commitment" of millions, there are THOUSANDS of people who are quietly working at their dreams in less conspicuous ways.

Of course they don't get much press. Their ideas usually aren't the "Next Big Thing".

But not everyone wants to be famous.

Good luck to the kid
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by madjune(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2017
What's so secretive about the agro biz idea?

Why cant we access and evaluate the idea on NL?

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Partnerbiz2: 3:08pm On May 07, 2017
robotix:
We had spat the other day... bros, your fingers type faster than your brain. He said 1B no 10B. HABA!

had spat? Smh for your English teacher. Olodo.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by robotix: 3:12pm On May 07, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

had spat? Smh for your English teacher. Olodo.
lol...
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by AK481(m): 3:14pm On May 07, 2017
robotix:
where una dey see 10B? bros, it is 1BILLION OOOOOOO HABA
20 million to pay 1 billion
200 million to pay

Do the maths

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Tonero231: 3:14pm On May 07, 2017
A good idea would take one higher than his peers

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 07, 2017
madjune:
What's so secretive about the agro biz idea?

Why cant we access and evaluate the idea on NL?

You see that you don't have sense? So he should post his idea that got him 200 million naira here. You see that you're very stupid! Idiot Mtchewww
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 07, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

That guy is spewing rubbish. And he is just learning attention seeking.
Linda Ikeji is affable and and a media personality hence could be seen by everybody.

So he needed 20 mill and got 200 mil. Who would give him that kind of money at 18 when he probably had not managed even a 100k biz. What experience doea he have to manage 200 mil. And the person won't take interests abi?

And he is still looking for more investors after getting ×10 of what he wanted.

Ge will return 10bn in 2yrs with 20mil indeed in nigeria with cost of running biz and vagaries associated with bizness in a capricious country.

We can just believe anything in naija. That's the same way they said one moribund resort in Bauchi had 3m pee night rooms.

Did anyone ask for your opinion? Mumu keyboard warrior. I'm sure it's from your face me I face you toilet that you posted this. If you can't do anything with your life, that doesn't mean that others too can't. Go and get a life and stop criticising those who have one. Loser
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by IdeyFindWife: 4:49pm On May 07, 2017
robotix:
i guess it is blinding u o. There is forking money lying around in Nigeria doing NOTHING. Just come up with something that you can offer them and you will see them chasing you.

Someone once said, people don't lack money. Just come up with something very very very appetising and watch them borrow money because they are salivating and can't resist the savoury of your offer.

Trust me, there is money out there. Tomorrow will make it week 2 that we have been trying to negotiate and strike a deal with some guys. The money is very much available to execute the deal... profit would be good too.

Even after losing millions to MMM, crazy cash is lying fallow in banks across the country.

It's true and we all shouldn't forget to patent/copyright and protect our ideas in the Capital/Fund Seeking process.

There're also idea-stealing crocodiles out there posing as Venture Capitalists.

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Partnerbiz2: 5:16pm On May 07, 2017
makingmy:

Did anyone ask for your opinion? Mumu keyboard warrior. I'm sure it's from your face me I face you toilet that you posted this. If you can't do anything with your life, that doesn't mean that others too can't. Go and get a life and stop criticising those who have one. Loser
I don't confer with dolts and wouldn't deign to do it now. You posted that tosh above and expected discerning minds to believe you. I know only few nairalanders are smart as has been noted elsewhere, hence the majority will believe you.

Again, why are you creating so many accounts and talking about this same guy if there isn't more than meets the eye.
Next time, find spectacular things to indite about and not a damp squib.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by ImaIma1(f): 5:22pm On May 07, 2017
Wow!! What a brilliant mind. I doubt it has anything to do with luck but rather hardwork and a busy mind.
I knew this guy as an actor. I pray the 200m commitment is given.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Rhoteabarca(m): 5:27pm On May 07, 2017
What an inspiring and motivating spirit!!! Congrats and keep it up boy!
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by dingbang(m): 5:29pm On May 07, 2017
alignacademy:

Stories like this perpetrate the MYTH that people need to wait for all the stars to line up before their dreams can come true.

And so people keep procrastinating, waiting for that "perfect" time when they'll meet the right "investors"...

For every wunderkind who gets a "commitment" of millions, there are THOUSANDS of people who are quietly working at their dreams in less conspicuous ways.

Of course they don't get much press. Their ideas usually aren't the "Next Big Thing".

Good luck to the kid
its good thing I found someone who is filled with wisdom. He is lucky because someone had mercy and Decided to call him up.. I just wow when people say he is hardworking bla bla.. Is he the only hardworking person in planet earth?

I am happy he was blessed...
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 07, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

I don't confer with dolts and wouldn't deign to do it now. You posted that tosh above and expected discerning minds to believe you. I know only few nairalanders are smart as has been noted elsewhere, hence the majority will believe you.

Again, why are you creating so many accounts and talking about this same guy if there isn't more than meets the eye.

Are you writing English?? Cause nothing you just wrote makes sense. You're just desperately looking for validation
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by odimbannamdi(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2017
robotix:
i guess it is blinding u o. There is forking money lying around in Nigeria doing NOTHING. Just come up with something that you can offer them and you will see them chasing you.

Someone once said, people don't lack money. Just come up with something very very very appetising and watch them borrow money because they are salivating and can't resist the savoury of your offer.

Trust me, there is money out there. Tomorrow will make it week 2 that we have been trying to negotiate and strike a deal with some guys. The money is very much available to execute the deal... profit would be good too.

Even after losing millions to MMM, crazy cash is lying fallow in banks across the country.

Hi Robotix.

I have a viable importation business that needs some more funds to increase profitability.

Please, do you mind linking me up to some of your connects or giving me direction to strike up a business deal?
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by shadowsblu(m): 6:14pm On May 07, 2017
dingbang:
He is lucky

HE IS NOT JUST LUCKY... HE IS INSPIRED. LUCK THEN FOLLOWED.

INSPIRATION FIRST. THEN WORK.. AND THEN LUCK WHICH WILL ALWAYS COME.

CREATIVITY... SOMETHING NEW AND PROMISING.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by valJR(m): 6:26pm On May 07, 2017
izzou:
grin
Congrats dude
My dream is to become the President of North Korea

Hope my dream isn't too big?
omo e no too big at all
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by odimbannamdi(m): 6:28pm On May 07, 2017
choix007:

I like the part u mentioned u have a business savvy friend... God will bless our hustle my brother

Yes bro!

He was older than me with good 4years! But the age was no barrier at all. Our interests of being financial free was what brought us together.

Meanwhile, bro, do u mind linking me up to someone who would be interested in investing in an importation business?
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Partnerbiz2: 6:40pm On May 07, 2017
makingmy:

Are you writing English ?? Cause nothing you just wrote makes sense. You're just desperately looking for validation
Partnerbiz2:

Why would you apprehend when you lack the facilities to?

Spot a grammatical clanger and I would retract my statements. I am an English language pundit and not apologetic about that.

Meanwhile, I was expecting an intelligent riposte to my earlier posts and not that bunkum above, cretin.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by odimbannamdi(m): 6:42pm On May 07, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

Sorry, I was looking for intelligent rejoinders to my post.

I am wondering how the word "rejoinder" fits into this context. undecided

Can you enlighten me?

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by iamrealdeji(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2017
mykelmeezy:
congrats

to him but you see why 18year old need sense/an adult around

its really not every detail you post o social media

if the "billionaires" dont come through or if someone kills/kidnaps him out of the mumuness of thinking he has the money already who do we blame

keep details private.....
I've been there done that. I proposed beautiful ideas to a rich man,thinking it would make me become a multi millionaire,the ideas were way better than this guys,the man only promised me but I thought it was too sure for me that nothing can stop him from financing until he came up with excuses. only God doesn't promise and fail. how are we sure the billionaires have given him the money? and how are we sure the ideas wouldn't turn into mere child's play by the time they get home and rethink . is 200million that easy to fork out to a young individual? let's wait and see though
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Partnerbiz2: 6:44pm On May 07, 2017
odimbannamdi:

I am wondering how the word "rejoinder" fits into this context. undecided

Can you enlighten me?

Olodo

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by adekanbai: 6:48pm On May 07, 2017
UniqueGem:
Luck is the word of a loser.
More than working, you need ideas. Look for ways to implement your ideas and you'll achieve a feat so great that an 'ordinary' will call it LUCK.
God bless you guy. You spoke my mind. His comment is just a funny one.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by odimbannamdi(m): 6:48pm On May 07, 2017
alignacademy:

Good luck to the kid

Sir, your post is ladened with wisdom

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by SuperBlack: 6:51pm On May 07, 2017
makingmy:
He posted the tweet asking for 20 million naira Last mont and now he has gotten 200 million cry. I wonder what business plan can be so good to get times 10 of what he was looking for. Like I said am inspired. lipsrsealed
You may now be having dreams of being his wife.
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by iamrealdeji(m): 7:14pm On May 07, 2017
Partnerbiz2:
Linda Ikeji is affable and and a media personality hence could be seen by everybody.

So he needed 20 mill and got 200 mil. Who would give him that kind of money at 18 when he probably had not managed even a 100k biz. What experience doea he have to manage 200 mil. And the person won't take interests abi?

Ge will return 10bn in 2yrs with 20mil indeed in nigeria with cost of running biz and vagaries associated with bizness in a capricious country.

We can just believe anything in naija. That's the same way they said one moribund resort in Bauchi had 3m pee night rooms.
you're in point bro. Nigerians are very gullible and believe anything. who would give 200m to someone that has never handled a common 50k naira biz. no matter how brilliant the idea seems to be,it would look like some virtual kiddy game to those so called investors by the time they rethink it. raw cash is not that easy to fork out even to organized companies not to talk of an 18 year old boy

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by iamrealdeji(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2017
makingmy:

what's your own problem? are you the guy's sister? let's here your own success stories,business ideas,etc or you're just another keyboard warrior? why do Africans just believe anything and just jump into any foolish conclusion ? what's the evidence you have that the boy is not lying? or who posts such on social media? to make himself vulnerable to kidnap or armed robbery like Kim Kardashian?
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Johnboscosmas: 7:37pm On May 07, 2017
Please who have any idea on appclick technology about mini importation business and its payment for the guidance material.
Need help on this......
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Mayflowa(m): 7:58pm On May 07, 2017
makingmy:

Na Wa o.... E be like say you sef you get connect. Abeg hook me up na. Please, I can do anything.. .anywork, anything

Don't sell yourself cheap. What is anything? Go and think and create a plan. The world is your oyster

1 Like

Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Mayflowa(m): 8:03pm On May 07, 2017
Partnerbiz2:

There may be truth somewhere. It is easy for Linda Ikeji to deny him, isn't it? More so, for 18 years to have the time to apply for verification of his account speaks a lot about his mentality. Are you verified on twitter?
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by henrimoto(m): 8:08pm On May 07, 2017
izzou:
grin

Congrats dude

My dream is to become the President of North Korea

Hope my dream isn't too big?
Lol...This man!
Re: Samuel Robinson: 18-Year-Old Gets N200Million Funding For Agricultural Business by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 07, 2017
I don't believe jor, two billionaires just gave u 200 million. Which kind business u wan do for nigeria. All this r social media stunt that was how tonto said she saved a 23 years old man that was thrown out of keke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help!!! I Mistakenly Sent N1m To A Uber Driver / Black Friday At Ibadan Shoprite: Customers Take Canned Drinks, Ate Packaged Rice / Obi Cubana Shows Off His Elder Brothers (Video, Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.