Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast (7970 Views)

Alexa Ranking Vs Similarweb.com Ranking / How Can I Add My Blog To Alexa Ranking / Nairaland Most Visited Site In Nigeria Than Facebook.com - Alexa Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:48am On May 08, 2017
Justuceleague2:
3 million less

Run. And carry that sacrifice you've. Been. Avoiding. This is village People in action
lol...pls do u know what i can do
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:49am On May 08, 2017
Wisdomkosi:
Constant posting is the key bro. Keep posting and you will rank higher than others
will surly do that
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:50am On May 08, 2017
9jayes:
Have you stopped doing what makes it rank high?
i havnt stop doing anything....it just happened suddenly
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:51am On May 08, 2017
ColtPython:
Abi dem don hack u?
i dont think so.....all my account data is still with me
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:51am On May 08, 2017
fernandobush:
Same as mine. but it is as a result of not updating your blog.

Simple!!

But who Alexa help??
e dy help oooo....it gives ur site levels
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:52am On May 08, 2017
Haphard:
what might av caused d dropping

1. Your traffic is reducing
2. You don't have a strong SEO
3. Stop copying and paste
will work on those
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:53am On May 08, 2017
Justuceleague2:
Hopefully this won't happen to Seun (if this is not nairaland) some of his workers are trying to hijack this site

Pushing phishing page to fp

Targeted banning

Peeps deactivating everyday

One can only take so much

And op how can we epp you if your website is not visible
its in my signature.....
www.goodiestechs.tk
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:56am On May 08, 2017
D34lw4p:
Work on improving your traffic...you can't have good traffic and your Alexa won't improve.
u dint get me....i ranked 19 million the first week i stated the blog.....then i entered 3million under 3weeks......not am ranking 6million within a month
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:56am On May 08, 2017
blogbaby:
Regular and relevant posting is all you need sir, I ve experienced it before.
ok miss.....pls brief me more
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 7:57am On May 08, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
Instead of thinking of how to improve your blog and traffic,na Alexa ranking dey bother you.... misplaced priorities​.
thats what check the traffic na....or if am wrong, pls correct me
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by Franzinni: 7:58am On May 08, 2017
GoodYYor:

how can i stop it pls

I will tell you what I did...

This thing is simple.... Communication is the prpblem.

Call her and reason with her..

She will complain about you and the traffic.... Which guy I will tell you for sure...

It is your fault....

1 Like

Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by StevensJojo(f): 8:06am On May 08, 2017
GoodYYor:
As of Sunday last week, my alexa ranking was @ 3,162,415 then i used to cheack it some days during the week and it was dropping small small... as of now, my alexa ranking has entered 7million......

pls webmasters, whats the cause of this

Here is the screenshot of my ranking and the dropping

Years ago someone once told me that alexa is a bitch.
Lol.
Has your traffic reduced.Stop chasing alexa and focus on your traffic and building your website.I used to do that till i noticed that there are gross discrepancies with the way alexa ranks sites.Some sites with higher traffic ranks lower than sites with lower traffic.
I have a site that gets over 10k pageviews per day.It is rank is not as good as another that get less than 5k pageviews per day.
Stop letting alexa give you hypertension.
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by skales67(m): 8:14am On May 08, 2017
Roon9:
Pls who's Alexa again? grin

Lalasticlala's girlfriend undecided
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by Sanchez01: 8:19am On May 08, 2017
Agadsman:
I'm I the only one that don't have a clue about what op is talking about??

Anyway, I'm here to learn.
Lol! Alexa is a tool web masters/site owners/blog owners use in constantly checking /testing the popularity of their site/blog, both globally and within their country of residence.

OP, your ranking dropped to traffic. And the reason behind the almost 4million count drop is none than Banky W and Adesua's marriage introduction. Most bloggers capitalized on it this past week. What I would recommend is to map out plans in engaging your visitors. If it is a blog, then adopt Facebook strategy, advertise and use Nairaland as well.

I don't know what your site is all about but whatever you were doing in the past that seems to have been neglected should be revived. By the way, Alexa should be the least of your worries, really.
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 8:20am On May 08, 2017
StevensJojo:

Lol.
Has your traffic reduced.Stop chasing alexa and focus on your traffic and building your website.I used to do that till i noticed that there are gross discrepancies with the way alexa ranks sites.Some sites with higher traffic ranks lower than sites with lower traffic.
I have a site that gets over 10k pageviews per day.It is rank is not as good as another that get less than 5k pageviews per day.

thanks alot for this advice....its time to let alexa go
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by skales67(m): 8:27am On May 08, 2017
StevensJojo:

Lol.

Visitors per day and Pageviews per day are 2 different things o!
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by faruz: 8:54am On May 08, 2017
dheespectre:
How fast is it dropping? Faster than savitar?

Meanwhile, generator power booster for heating elements like iron, boiling ring, etc for sale..
N4500 only
In Lagos
0811 9387235
grin too much of flash angry
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by StevensJojo(f): 9:35am On May 08, 2017
skales67:

Visitors per day and Pageviews per day are 2 different things o!
i know please
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by Agadsman(m): 9:52am On May 08, 2017
Sanchez01:

Lol! Alexa is a tool web masters/site owners/blog owners use in constantly checking /testing the popularity of their site/blog, both globally and within their country of residence.

OP, your ranking dropped to traffic. And the reason behind the almost 4million count drop is none than Banky W and Adesua's marriage introduction. Most bloggers capitalized on it this past week. What I would recommend is to map out plans in engaging your visitors. If it is a blog, then adopt Facebook strategy, advertise and use Nairaland as well.

I don't know what your site is all about but whatever you were doing in the past that seems to have been neglected should be revived. By the way, Alexa should be the least of your worries, really.

Thanks man, I appreciate
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by Eze2000(m): 9:53am On May 08, 2017
StevensJojo:

Lol.

Nairaland author, litrasture section, at your service.

please I need to talk with u. how do I reach u?
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by hakinze00(m): 10:33am On May 08, 2017
Alexa ranking is about sites with the most visits...It is simple, bloggers are getting too much so all of them are all also get a lot of visits.... So u got to up ur game too...that's the only logical reason I can see
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by whizpa(m): 11:03am On May 08, 2017
drvick:
INTERESTED IN STUDYINIG PILIPPINES? CONTACT ME 00639165186359.... GOODLUCK!!

Oh really?!! So you can harvest their organs too..?
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by Roon9(m): 11:08am On May 08, 2017
tolue42:

Its an independent company rating websites (traffic wise) across the globe..

Thanks sir! I know nothing o

1 Like

Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by Benjom(m): 12:33pm On May 08, 2017
GoodYYor:

thanks for the motivation.....pls how can i start fixing it

Refer to my earlier comment. I've modified it.
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by tunisbaba(m): 1:52pm On May 08, 2017
Benjom:
OP, take it easy. Perhaps, Google just introduced "Google Vulture" (not Panda or Penguin o) to punish some erring sites. Sometimes, one can't just predict Google. Take for instance, I bought a new domain name and hosted it just about 3 weeks and some days now. I've not written any article, only worked on the design cos I've been working on my other sites (I may be penalized for this, I know)... and interestingly that site is presently ranked "2,619,891" in the world and "10,847" in Nigeria. It even showed my organic search shocked. I wonder what will happen when I start pumping in killer articles which I'm humbly good at grin.

On a lighter note, with consistency and application of keyword research procedure, your site will come up again and even better.

Go study these three gurus for motivation:
Webincomeplus - Abass Toriola
Marketever - Al-Amin Kabir
Backlinko - Brian Dean

There are more of them though but those ones are the right foundation you need. Besides, the language of many others I know may be a bit hard to decipher at your stage.

Perhaps the domain you bought has been previously registered and used. If not, that is a miracle. You may want to use WHOIS.NET to check the domain's age and history.
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by dheespectre: 3:48pm On May 08, 2017
faruz:
grin too much of flash angry
Na so o.. I dey follow am bumper to bumper..
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by virus05(m): 4:17pm On May 08, 2017
twosquare:
Who still uses Alexa? Mtcheww
lol. Seems you're new Into the web business. People that know how useful it is Will pay the $149/month
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by Benjom(m): 4:29pm On May 08, 2017
tunisbaba:

Perhaps the domain you bought has been previously registered and used. If not, that is a miracle. You may want to use WHOIS.NET to check the domain's age and history.

It's a fresh one. Perhaps, I did my home-work right. It wasn't even the day I bought the domain that I hosted it.
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by Benjom(m): 4:56pm On May 08, 2017
tunisbaba:

...and to prove that this wasn't a mistake, I did a research on another domain name. I quickly went for it when I was convinced that it was a good one. Interestingly too, I've not posted a single article there. Just the design... and guess what? It's just 10 days old. Check its ranking below. It's a dot net. Its organic search is 6.90%... (Modified: Removed)
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by twosquare(m): 5:52pm On May 08, 2017
virus05:
lol. Seems you're new Into the web business. People that know how useful it is Will pay the $149/month
Not new to web business, and I know the ranking, SEO benefits Alexa brags to offer...but what I'm saying is many roads leads to a market. There are different option to achieve exposure, popularity, and volume of sales.
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by Nobody: 12:09am On May 09, 2017
since alexa is cheatn on u, u need a new girlfriend
Re: Help, My Alexa Ranking Is Dropping Very Fast by GoodYYor: 8:35am On May 09, 2017
prettyboi1989:
since alexa is cheatn on u, u need a new girlfriend
lol grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cmm / Why Is Web Development So Complex? / Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.