Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,975 members, 7,814,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why Is Web Development So Complex? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Is Web Development So Complex? (7966 Views)

Is Web Development Still Profitable / Please What Is Web Hosting And How Do I Go About It? / What Is Web Push Notification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Web Development So Complex? by nairalandic(m): 1:28am On Feb 24, 2018
Question: Why is web development so complex?

Answer

Web development is simple, PEOPLE make it hard. They do so by using JavaScript to do HTML and CSS job. By failing to grasp the entire point of HTML and using presentational markup.

By failing to take into account accessibility minimums. By failing to realize that websites are for MORE than just perfectly sighted users sitting at the same size and resolution display.

By failing to realize that art unto itself is not design since design is engineering that incorporates art. By failing to learn enough about the underlying languages such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and so forth before they go herpa-freaking-derping into using some bloated garbage halfwitted framework like jQuery or bootcrap.

… uhg, bootcrap. Go find a stick to scrape off
that mentally enfeebled manure before you go tracking it all over a website’s carpets.

Websites exist for ONE purpose: to deliver CONTENT to USERS! People do not visit websites for the goofy bandwidth wasting graphics the PSD jockey under the DELUSION they are a designer hung around the content.

They do NOT visit websites for the even goofier half- witted scripttardery pissing on accessibility from orbit and dragging site performance into the ninth ring of hell.

PEOPLE VISIT WEBSITES FOR THE CONTENT!!! As such the job of every person working on a website from design to back-end development is to deliver that CONTENT in as fast and accessible a manner as possible.

It’s why the derp derp derp of dicking around drawing pretty pictures in photoshop before you even have semantic markup of content or a reasonable facsimile of content is a back- assward approach to design.

Most of the Photoslop jockeys out there calling themselves “web designers” simply don’t know enough about HTML, CSS, JavaScript, emissive colourspace, limitations of the medium, or accessibility minimums (like those outlined in the WCAG) to be designing a blasted thing!

Drop yours to explaion more

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by dogstyle007(m): 1:43am On Feb 24, 2018
Lol I tire oh my brother especially if you don’t understand the concept grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by amiibaby(f): 7:06am On Feb 24, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by SIaye: 7:07am On Feb 24, 2018
Web Development is sooooooooooooo simple!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by WaffenSS(m): 7:10am On Feb 24, 2018
nairalandic:
Question: Why is web development so complex?

Answer

Web development is simple, PEOPLE make it hard. They do so by using JavaScript to do HTML and CSS job. By failing to grasp the entire point of HTML and using presentational markup.

By failing to take into account accessibility minimums. By failing to realize that websites are for MORE than just perfectly sighted users sitting at the same size and resolution display.

By failing to realize that art unto itself is not design since design is engineering that incorporates art. By failing to learn enough about the underlying languages such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, PHP and so forth before they go herpa-freaking-derping into using some bloated garbage halfwitted framework like jQuery or bootcrap.

… uhg, bootcrap. Go find a stick to scrape off
that mentally enfeebled manure before you go tracking it all over a website’s carpets.

Websites exist for ONE purpose: to deliver CONTENT to USERS! People do not visit websites for the goofy bandwidth wasting graphics the PSD jockey under the DELUSION they are a designer hung around the content.

They do NOT visit websites for the even goofier half- witted scripttardery pissing on accessibility from orbit and dragging site performance into the ninth ring of hell.

PEOPLE VISIT WEBSITES FOR THE CONTENT!!! As such the job of every person working on a website from design to back-end development is to deliver that CONTENT in as fast and accessible a manner as possible.

It’s why the derp derp derp of dicking around drawing pretty pictures in photoshop before you even have semantic markup of content or a reasonable facsimile of content is a back- assward approach to design.

Most of the Photoslop jockeys out there calling themselves “web designers” simply don’t know enough about HTML, CSS, JavaScript, emissive colourspace, limitations of the medium, or accessibility minimums (like those outlined in the WCAG) to be designing a blasted thing!

Drop yours to explaion more

At least give credit to Quora for your copy-and-paste job nah.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 24, 2018
Start with html and css. It's required for just about all websites. You'll gain basic knowledge about how coding works and it will make it easier to learn more complex languages. Plus you get instant gratification, like seeing "Hello World!" inside your browser with just one line of html.
After building a base of html/css, learn some basic jquery/javascript techniques to add life to your pages, a.k.a. Interactivity.
Learn some basic php to make your life a lot easier (includes, arrays, foreach loops).

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Luukasz(m): 7:14am On Feb 24, 2018
amiibaby:
Hmmm

I guess you barely know what the topic is about, this one wey una just dey hmmm.
Op I find it kinda funny when some call themselves designers or developers & yet they don't know the basic programming language

1 Like

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by lordsharks(m): 7:14am On Feb 24, 2018
man it is complex
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Nnamekus1(m): 7:20am On Feb 24, 2018
Here to read comments and learn.
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by amiibaby(f): 7:21am On Feb 24, 2018
Luukasz:

I guess you barely know what the topic is about, this one wey una just dey hmmm.
Op I find it kinda funny when some call themselves designers or developers & yet they don't know the basic programming language
must u quote me since u know what they topic is all about?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by CaptainMarvel(m): 7:22am On Feb 24, 2018
Honestly, it is not that complex like I used to think it was.
I used to hire programmers, most times you don't get what you want that's after making you pay for it. Then they act like they built you a super machine when it's actually garbage. Then I ventured into using The drag and drop serviceswithout coding, I tell you they are even worse, and very complex to understand, very high cost and limited options.
Now I am doing it the traditional coding way and it is absolutely amazing and far more easy to comprehend with thousands of materials on the Internet that sees you through everything, from videos to document to apps. And most importantly it seems there is a line of code already written on the Internet, all you have to do is interprete it properly and modify or follow the format to get your stuff done.
And you can ask questions in various forums with many people willing to help at will.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Crystolexy: 7:23am On Feb 24, 2018
Oga how can you copy someone's article without giving credit or link to the original poster?

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by chinawapz(m): 7:23am On Feb 24, 2018
It is complex so That few people go Sabi am

If you want to develop and design your website just chat me on Whatsapp (0_8_1_3_0_7_6_7_3_5_7)

1 Like

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Luukasz(m): 7:24am On Feb 24, 2018
amiibaby:
I indirectly saying you don't have to comment if you don't know what it is youre commenting on.. but seems to me you can't read beyond the lines
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Powell222: 7:25am On Feb 24, 2018
HOT! HOT!! HOT!!!
——————————————————-
I AM POWELL AN INVESTOR IN CRYPTOCURRENCY.
I teach you a very easy method you can use make upto $1750 btc each day into your block chain wallet. Without initial investment
All that is required is the _Hashing Power Activation!
Its a newly discovered system
Forget ~CLOUD MINNING~
Chat me up to become a Bitcoin millionaire

https:///send?phone=15185546056
——————————————————————-
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by ERCROSS(m): 7:39am On Feb 24, 2018
danjumakolo:
Start with html and css. It's required for just about all websites. You'll gain basic knowledge about how coding works and it will make it easier to learn more complex languages. Plus you get instant gratification, like seeing "Hello World!" inside your browser with just one line of html.
After building a base of html/css, learn some basic jquery/javascript techniques to add life to your pages, a.k.a. Interactivity.
Learn some basic php to make your life a lot easier (includes, arrays, foreach loops).

I just wanna quote this useful piece of advice
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by seunlly(m): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2018
WaffenSS:

you nailed him to the cross kid..

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by royalamour(m): 8:01am On Feb 24, 2018
SIaye:

By editing demo contents?
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by SIaye: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2018
royalamour:

By editing demo contents?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by SirLakes: 8:09am On Feb 24, 2018
Haba! Give credit to quora naw

I thought this came from ya head undecided
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 24, 2018
WaffenSS:

Bru ha ha ha ha ha...... BUSTED!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Gourdoinc(m): 8:18am On Feb 24, 2018
amiibaby:
he likes you. but wait a minute. she is pretty. how are you sunshine in the morning. #unwraps pick up lines from old hint magazine
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by val4o: 8:20am On Feb 24, 2018
SIaye:

Teach me na...I am good with SEO but need to sharpen my web development skills
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by SIaye: 8:21am On Feb 24, 2018
val4o:

Teach me na...I am good with SEO but need to sharpen my web development skills

How much you go pay? cheesy
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by CYBERWEAVER(m): 8:25am On Feb 24, 2018
WaffenSS:

bros u so bad oo,, atleast credit him small na,, i love quora

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:32am On Feb 24, 2018
WaffenSS:

Exactly!
I was going to call him out before I saw your response. The rat thinks everyone here is tied to Nairaland...

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Ejiod(m): 8:33am On Feb 24, 2018
U right!.. It's not easy as u stated. Its based on dedication & hard work. Hard work in sense of writing codes even when you are learning. Its deeper than u think. Understand the fundamentals of HTML&CSS. JavaScript is also basic but if u looking for language to align to,pls go 4 PYTHON!. I will never advice anyone to learn php because there's no future on dat language
Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by jidez007: 8:42am On Feb 24, 2018
This is still the major issue, dumb copy and paste. I don't even agree with most of the points that was listed.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by Tbeiz: 8:52am On Feb 24, 2018
WaffenSS:

Can u imagine, copy and paste!!! I knew the English was too American to be Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by dokunbam(m): 9:00am On Feb 24, 2018
I always start with HTML and css for my students. I let them know its super simple

php then laravel is super awesome

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Web Development So Complex? by johnnyandy7(m): 9:09am On Feb 24, 2018
People who started learning HTML just yesterday will be talking about CSS, JavaScript, Angular, Bootstrap today.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blogging Still Works In 2023! [SEE PROOF] / How Does Websites Like OLX. Etc Make Money? / 5 Things You Must Know Before Starting A Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.