Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,390 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience (18175 Views)

How POS Machines Fraudsters Operate In Nigeria (Photos, Video) / Man With 'Osha Ojota' Tattoo Caught Pickpocketing A Police Officer (Photos) / Kidnapper Evans: "Why I Didn't Operate In Yoruba States Apart From Lagos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Horlaarsco: 9:52am On May 08, 2017
sbashir10:
Ibadan own worst, they'll pick your pocket, and even when caught, the people around will blame you for not keeping a close eye on it.....

i carry Yansh for Ibadan people

I juba for my ppl

ibi ole tin gbejare oloun.
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by UrennaNkoli(f): 9:52am On May 08, 2017
I've had my pocket picked when heading to alakuko form Iyana-Ipaja. I suspected the guy and knew something was not right somewhere but my mind didn't just go to my phone until he finished and got out of the vehicle. It was painful.
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by paulsibility(m): 9:53am On May 08, 2017
Okay
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by kevoh(m): 9:54am On May 08, 2017
onismate:

Abuja Pickpocket

Abuja pickpockets, they are masters inside the car and they do it aggressively. Their own na thief or arm robbery. I could remember one evening I was coming from Lagos. I entered Abuja late at night. I entered a taxi in Berger heading to Dutse. As I enter, na so about 3 guys enter the car too. I was with my phone browsing. Na so I remove my earpiece from my ear so if anything dey happen I go dey aware. We were sitting at the back and I was sitting close to the door. One of the guys stretched his hand and was whining down the glass window which is the side I was sitting. The way he was doing it, his hand was going close to my left pocket. Na so I tell the guy say e don do because I was sitting close to the window. That was much air was coming in and I was feeling cold. I looked to see the other window door and the guy and his friends didn’t make any attempt to whine it down. “why e come be say na my own dem dey whine down!” I kept quiet as the journey continued. They got to their destination and refused to come down. They told the driver to move further. Finally they dropped and want to pay. One of the guys turned round to the window side where I was sitting. Immediately I saw him, because I was still browsing with my phone, I brought down my phone and was looking at him. Everything about the guys were suspicious. I felt he wanted to snatch my phone from me. After they paid and left, the driver moved. The driver asked I should check my pockets and everything if they are not missing. Na so I check and nothing was missing. He said I should thank God because he was watching from the front mirror what was happening at the back. He said the guys were pickpockets. And the rate at which they pickpocket in Abuja is increasing and if they didn’t succeed, they use violence, rob you.

With this, guys who pickpocket in Lagos are more smart and fast that when they rob you, it will look like magic. Abuja pick pockets are still learning and they are mostly done in a violent way.

shocked shocked OP just described how my pocket was picked of 20K in September last year, except here the culprit was forming tuberculosis coughing uncontrollably and trying to spit out from my side of the window. We had barely reached Area 3 from Area 1 when the dude and his accomplice who was female decided to come down. By the time I checked my right pocket at Apo roundabout, the 20k was gone already.

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by ChukwuJuwon: 9:54am On May 08, 2017
sharp guys
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:55am On May 08, 2017
fernandobush:
I picked a pickpocket's pocket somewhere at Oshodi.

He picked my 50 Naira and I picked his 200 Naira.

Never joke with the guys from the east!!

042 is the code..!!

Straight out of 042 nigga grin
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by NevetsIbot(m): 9:55am On May 08, 2017
lol. No pickpockets here o.

You just go n charge outside without staying with your phone. There's a 40% chance you won't meet it there again
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Nobody: 9:56am On May 08, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:
This old man was sitting by my left hand side in a bus, I was browsing with my IPad while my other phone was in my left pocket. This old man started coughing seriously, and was doing as if he want to faint. When I came down and walked to my shop, I realised that my phone was gone.
what?! even an old man? shocked
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by goodlifehyd(m): 9:57am On May 08, 2017
lol
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by wakes: 9:57am On May 08, 2017
k o
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by fizzy94(m): 9:58am On May 08, 2017
I hail my computer village boys
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by riverbond(m): 10:04am On May 08, 2017
OP if so Abuja dem boys still dey Nursery school be dt. Lagos pickpocketers will make u looking like a fool and a mad man. I was once a victim of it. Sometime ago on my way to Ajao Estate to see a friend, I wore a tight jean trouser with my phone inside it. It was very tight, I can feel it bt when d person sitting next to me remove my phone from my pocket upon the tightness of the pocket i don't know. Whether he uses unforseen power or magical power I don't know. Since den I have learnt to be more careful with people around me in public vehicle.
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by JideAmuGiaka: 10:05am On May 08, 2017
gypsey:
what?! even an old man? shocked

I am telling you, I was even sympathetic with the old man unknown to me that he was robbing me.
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Nobody: 10:07am On May 08, 2017
Franzinni:
nicely scripted.... Lie!

K.
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Nobody: 10:12am On May 08, 2017
I remember when I was going to Alaba sometime last year, I just got my Samsung galaxy s5 then, feeling like a king na. so that day I was wearing this jean trouser which the pocket wasn't that deep so my phone was visible. I was approaching this crowd and I was telling people to hold their pocket and I wasn't minding mine. this guy just hit my shoulder and like a flash of light my phone was gone( less than a minute oooo) his second took the phone, I just turned and held his shirt and my people this guy was holding my phone with just two fingers ooooo. I just collected my phone.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by buffalowings4: 10:12am On May 08, 2017
fernandobush:
I picked a pickpocket's pocket somewhere at Oshodi.

He picked my 50 Naira and I picked his 200 Naira.

Never joke with the guys from the east!!

042 is the code..!!

Oya chop meat grin
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Kingjags: 10:15am On May 08, 2017
XX17:
Somebody will hug you and your phone will be missing...
Is that not an example of Nigerian's got talent?
grin grin grin
i was born and bred in lagos, but the day that one happen to me ehn, mesv come they laugh at myself. Nobody wey dem no fit pick i swr

3 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Nobody: 10:16am On May 08, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

I am telling you, I was even sympathetic with the old man unknown to me that he was robbing me.
Chai! grin I troway nyash for the old man o!

Jide sie amu gi aka ike! grin
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by yaqq: 10:16am On May 08, 2017
i only witness one chance danfo before........ i was at the back and i notice the setting, i knw it was them.... na so i jejely begin hail them like say i know them oooo
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by otunbakolawole(m): 10:20am On May 08, 2017
I stay in Abuja, but havent experienced pickpocket until i got to Lagos, I hail them! around ilupeju industrial, i dropped from uber while in traffic to cross into GTBank to send money to my sister. Money was in my wallet, i placed the wallet in my suit pocket, as i walked across the road, this guy somehow runs into me, he apologised and i move on, immediately i touched my chest, still had my wallet, got into the bank, only to bring out the wallet and all the money inside was gone.

2 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by symbianDON(m): 10:26am On May 08, 2017
otunbakolawole:
I stay in Abuja, but havent experienced pickpocket until i got to Lagos, I hail them! around ilupeju industrial, i dropped from uber while in traffic to cross into GTBank to send money to my sister. Money was in my wallet, i placed the wallet in my suit pocket, as i walked across the road, this guy somehow runs into me, he apologised and i move on, immediately i touched my chest, still had my wallet, got into the bank, only to bring out the wallet and all the money inside was gone.

this one weak me o.....na jazz??

2 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by JideAmuGiaka: 10:27am On May 08, 2017
gypsey:
Chai! grin I troway nyash for the old man o!

Jide sie amu gi aka ike! grin

Lol
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by JideAmuGiaka: 10:32am On May 08, 2017
kevoh:

shocked shocked OP just described how my pocket was picked of 20K in September last year, except here the culprit was forming tuberculosis coughing uncontrollably and trying to spit out from my side of the window. We had barely reached Area 3 from Area 1 when the dude and his accomplice who was female decided to come down. By the time I checked my right pocket at Apo roundabout, the 20k was gone already.

Exactly how this old man took my phone.
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Absuchat(m): 10:49am On May 08, 2017
Even if you combine the Lagos and Abuja pickpocket e no reach MMM own

3 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Eddiecute86(m): 10:54am On May 08, 2017
otunbakolawole:

Haba bros take am easy na.. Your wallet didn't disappear but the money in it?

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by chomyc(f): 11:07am On May 08, 2017
Make una help me find this thief o

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by buchai: 11:25am On May 08, 2017
from egbeda going to iyanaoba I was in a danfo seated at the immediate back of the driver close to the window I was carrying a LCD TV on my lap one guy enter the bus along the way he wants to alight at the LASU gate bus stop but before he entered the bus the driver asked him three times "do you have change he asked the driver how much was the fare? the driver said it was N30 he enter and sat close to me, when he wanted to pay he brought out N20 I was thinking that he was searching from his pocket the N10 to add up to the N20 he has not minding that the guy was hitting my pocket in his search I eventually gave him the N10 I was holding in my hand but my phone was not with me again, he hit the phone out from my pocket he passed his bus stop not knowing how to picked the phone from the seat because it was two of us that was on that row he supposed to maintain some distance from me but he wasn't we got to last bus stop coincidentally I felt that my phone was not in my pocket again immediately I raised my voice to shout he dropped the phone and disappeared within some seconds I could not sights him again the driver told me that I was lucky that he noticed that the guy was up to something but he didn't know what he was doing that even when I helped him to complete his money his still want to steals from me.

2 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by myked(m): 11:28am On May 08, 2017
chomyc:
Make una help me find this thief o

Sorry oo Chidinma.... 20k don disappear 4 this recession. But you for no join ponzi scheme sha
Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 11:28am On May 08, 2017
Was born in Lagos .. All my life this hasn't happened to me even where the op described,the oshodi bridge thing,I've passed there twice and have never been picked pocket.. One thing about me is I do check my pockets frequently,most times place my hand on them like every 15sec to check my pockets .. Sure as hell no pick pocketer wouldn't dare approach me

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 11:41am On May 08, 2017
I don't know where to classify mine. it happened on the 1st of January 2014 about 1:00am some where in Ajegunle Lagos state. I invited a friend for cross over night, when I went to the bus stop to welcome her, I saw some of our church members and I was wishing them a Happy New Year before I realized what was happening, someone collected my phone gently as if he knows me and started running.. I was busy telling him I don't like such play.. I started chasing him and later got to know he was a thief.. the funny part was that he was screaming ole ole..

2 Likes

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by aribisala0(m): 12:40pm On May 08, 2017
PH Pickpockets na baba

1 Like

Re: Pickpocketing: Comparison Of How They Operate In Abuja And Lagos With Experience by Olayinka777(m): 2:06pm On May 08, 2017
riverbond:
OP if so Abuja dem boys still dey Nursery school be dt. Lagos pickpocketers will make u looking like a fool and a mad man. I was once a victim of it. Sometime ago on my way to Ajao Estate to see a friend, I wore a tight jean trouser with my phone inside it. It was very tight, I can feel it bt when d person sitting next to me remove my phone from my pocket upon the tightness of the pocket i don't know. Whether he uses unforseen power or magical power I don't know. Since den I have learnt to be more careful with people around me in public vehicle.
I also had a nasty experience, I arrived Lagos on Thursday from Abuja,on Friday boarded a bus at Ojota inside the famous Total filling station, the bus was supposed to take me to mile2. I sat in the front seat close to the driver as I already met a guy in the front seat already. I was putting on a tight jeans with my phone on the right pocket at the right hand side by the door where the other guy was sitting. At the period it was just me,the driver,the conductor & the other guy sitting with me in the front that were in the bus. After the bus left Ojota a bit,i noticed the conductor was kind of battling with the door & the driver told him that do your door o don't let it fall o,so the conductor asked me to help him with a spanner under the sit. So immediately I ran my hand under the seat & told him that I can't find any spanner o,so the driver told me not to worry. Not long I paid the conductor but he said there was no change, so he pointed the money I gave him thru my right side crossing me to give the driver at the left. The guy sitting beside me to and acting like he was looking for change. On approaching Anthony bus stop they told me they were no longer going that they want to go & fix the door so my money was refunded. All this did not happen on the service lane o! So I alighted at close to Anthony busstop it was when I crossed to the other side of the road that I discovered my Samsung note was gone. Immediately I was confused and looked so stupid that I had to call my sister who dropped me at Ojota to ask is by chance I left my phone in her call. It was a terrible experience.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NDLEA Impounds Bullion Vans Loaded With Indian Hemp In Ogun / 100 Secondary Students Trafficked To Libya From Edo State / 'I Feed My 2 Wives, 7 Children With Fraud Money – Fake Police Officer Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.