Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,303 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1258729 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 11:18am On Oct 18, 2017
CATESTIMONYMIDE:

House please any way out? The conference I wanted to attend start 3days before now.

Call them or you go vevo on there website and input your information to check if you were granted visa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 11:21am On Oct 18, 2017
Blazegab:

Please if you don't mind can I get you mail Addy so I can ask some questions for more clarification I promise to be brief and precise as I don't knw how to handle the pm stuff on here

My username and include @yahoo.com.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OGKush(m): 12:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
[quote author=CATESTIMONYMIDE post=61515885]
Please what's their exchange rate?

Not sure what the exchange rate is buh I believe it should be between 180 - 182, because bank charges also adds to the overall money deducted.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by spiceeamiee(f): 1:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
Good afternoon house. Can someone please help me with the steps and document requirements for a tourist visa to Australia? I went on Teleperformance website but was not able to view the list of documents. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blazegab: 5:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hello guys quick on I'll like to knw what the implications of the Australian citizenship bill that was rejected yesterday be on the fastness of student visa grant and the students visa generally
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by matogbe: 8:31am On Oct 19, 2017
Blazegab:
Hello guys quick on I'll like to knw what the implications of the Australian citizenship bill that was rejected yesterday be on the fastness of student visa grant and the students visa generally

I think it's about how easy to become a citizen, a rep. Was proposing a bill of stringent measures to become a citizen. Some parts of it said you have to live in Australia for abt a decade and higher english demand requirement, but was rejected by the senate. So status quo remain the same. Immigrants stated rejoicing, which means a good news for them.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bimpkus1: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hello gud ppl.My sis has B.sc in Pharmacology. Do anybody ave any agent dt can assist her for a student visa dt can lead to PR.Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bimpkus1: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
[quote author=matogbe post=61561206]

I think it's about .So ,hw many years do one's need to spend to become a citizen.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 5:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
kelsy90:

When did you apply yours

July 5th
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 5:30pm On Oct 19, 2017
sistaj:
visa grant October 11th.applied June 6th had to defer when resumption date passed.Course is Master of research western Sydney University.I called embassy last month to ascertain status and I was told since I deferred they will only attend to my application 4 months to resumption date which is November/December according to them but I made them understand 4 months is early October cos my new resumption date is Feb 5th.October 5th I sent a mail with all my details telling them it's over a 120days applied as per their decision turnaround time.I also told them i got an offer in Germany and my enrolment deadline is this october so I need to know my fate in order not to miss out on other opportunities.They replied saying February was far off and they decide 4 months prior .I replied telling them it is four months to my resumption already stating my need to know if I am going to Germany or not.I got a reply they were working on my application.Today I got the visa grant email from my agents pfl but the grant date is October 11th.wanted to share with others like me who were in limbo for months unend.Thank God that the labour was not in vain as right now I do not really know if I will be going to Australia or not cos during the Long wait I started other good stuff that may even be better off for my family and I.

Madam, you stubborn oh. From what you wrote, you probably came across to them as someone who had choices and didn't really care if they granted or not, you just needed a decision. Maybe thats why they did not use you "to do yanga" lol. Congrats all round tho.

4 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 5:31pm On Oct 19, 2017
sokoto:
visa grant October 11th.applied June 6th had to defer when resumption date passed.Course is Master of research western Sydney University.I called embassy last month to ascertain status and I was told since I deferred they will only attend to my application 4 months to resumption date which is November/December according to them but I made them understand 4 months is early October cos my new resumption date is Feb 5th.October 5th I sent a mail with all my details telling them it's over a 120days applied as per their decision turnaround time.I also told them i got an offer in Germany and my enrolment deadline is this october so I need to know my fate in order not to miss out on other opportunities.They replied saying February was far off and they decide 4 months prior .I replied telling them it is four months to my resumption already stating my need to know if I am going to Germany or not.I got a reply they were working on my application.Today I got the visa grant email from my agents pfl but the grant date is October 11th.wanted to share with others like me who were in limbo for months unend.Thank God that the labour was not in vain as right now I do not really know if I will be going to Australia or not cos during the Long wait I started other good stuff that may even be better off for my family and I.

Pls. Can u give me your visa?

hehehe
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
DIBP don come with them wahala oh!!!

So we were contacted last week thursday for additional information,

- Updated Confirmation of enrolment Coe
- Bachelor certificate from University in Ukraine. I noted you provided diploma certificate.
- Proof of registration as Medical doctor with Nigerian medicals council
- Proof of financial support , 3 month Bank statement

Which we provided, although the certificate they already had is a Doctor of Medicine diploma, not the conventional diploma {terminology}. Now they contacted us today again asking for other supporting documents,

- Clear scanned copy of the original WAEC certificate
- Clear scanned copy of the original National Youth Service certificate
- Employment reference from the Military Hospital in Ikoyi, Lagos, including details of when you completed a housemanship at the Military Hospital.

Thing is we have not served yet nor have we registered online or anything. Options, should one go and get them a "nigerian" exemption letter or just inform them that we havent served due to the fact that we want to pursue further education before coming back to serve.

Advice needed!!! ( I nor know wetin concern DIBP with nysc cert unto going to school for dem country oh)

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sokoto: 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2017

- Bachelor certificate from University in Ukraine. I noted you provided diploma certificate.

Which we provided, although the certificate they already had is a Doctor of Medicine diploma, not the conventional diploma {terminology}. Now they contacted us today again asking for other supporting documents,

- Employment reference from the Military Hospital in Ikoyi, Lagos, including details of when you completed a housemanship at the Military Hospital.

Thing is we have not served yet nor have we registered online or anything. Options, should one go and get them a "nigerian" exemption letter or just inform them that we havent served due to the fact that we want to pursue further education before coming back to serve.

Advice needed!!! ( I nor know wetin concern DIBP with nysc cert unto going to school for dem country.

My advice is pls be very truthful with whatever information you are giving, u are so close to being granted.
Pls. When did you apply and when are you resuming?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bestdiddy: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2017
Hmmmnnn . . . My thought is that the Exemption Letter option is better ooo.

So many corporations in Nigeria take note of Youth Service as a statutory requirement upon graduation, and DIPB may as well have started looking at the NYSC that way too.

Meanwhile how did you pay school fees with Form M without NYSC or Exemption Letter. I understand its a required doc to process Form M for a masters degree seeking student . . . unless ofcourse you're not going for masters.

Anyways, i think exemption letter is preferable. I stand corrected.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 7:17pm On Oct 19, 2017
bestdiddy:

So many corporations in Nigeria take note of Youth Service as a statutory requirement upon graduation, and DIPB may as well have started looking at the NYSC that way too.

Meanwhile how did you pay school fees with Form M without NYSC or Exemption Letter. I understand its a required doc to process Form M for a masters degree seeking student . . . unless ofcourse you're not going for masters.

Paid with form A and nysc certificate was not required as a pre-requisite for payment
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2017
sokoto:

Advice needed!!! ( I nor know wetin concern DIBP with nysc cert unto going to school for dem country.

My advice is pls be very truthful with whatever information you are giving, u are so close to being granted.
Pls. When did you apply and when are you resuming?

Applied June 5th, original resumption was last week of august, defered admission and to resume last week in february
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2017
bestdiddy:

The problem with exemption letter is that they say one must have been 30 years at graduation which is a criteria that we dont meet. And then the school is supposed to help request it but Vladamir Putin has bombed the school and surrounding communities.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 2bpat: 8:08pm On Oct 19, 2017
Good day my people,
Please I have 2 very important questions and I need those with experience to answer.
(1) is it a must to engage the services of
AGENT while applying for Masters in Australia?

(2) must I submit my o'level/WAEC certificate as part of admission requirements?

Kindly help answer
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Blazegab: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2017
zeemo2007:

My username and include @yahoo.com.

I send you a mail bro. Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2017
2bpat:
Good day my people,
Please I have 2 very important questions and I need those with experience to answer.
(1) is it a must to engage the services of
AGENT while applying for Masters in Australia?

(2) must I submit my o'level/WAEC certificate as part of admission requirements?

Kindly help answer

No it's not!

But it depends on the school
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
Please house how do i get a cheap OSHC that is not above $700 that will cover all my program duration
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 11:23pm On Oct 19, 2017
My Candid advice. From your age, if you are up to 30 years of age you are entitled and eligible to get Exemption letter but if you are not. Please tell them that you continued to pursue your academic quest that you will return to your home country to do the Compulsory NYSC immediately you finish you program. I don't know your age but from this little scenario you already know if the reason is tangible enough to convince the VO or not bearing in mind your age difference. All the best.
phemmy28:

Advice needed!!! ( I nor know wetin concern DIBP with nysc cert unto going to school for dem country oh)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 11:41pm On Oct 19, 2017
First of all. You need to state the duration of your program and that's exactly the duration of health insurance you are also going to purchase. In terms of affordability. You can check www.nib.com.au/overseas-students or you can google it your self and see the differences of other health insurance care or agencies.
uckennety:
Please house how do i get a cheap OSHC that is not above $700 that will cover all my program duration

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 12:06am On Oct 20, 2017
Albion05:
First of all. You need to state the duration of your program and that's exactly the duration of health insurance you are also going to purchase. In terms of affordability. You can check www.nib.com.au/overseas-students or you can google it your self and see the differences of other health insurance care or agencies.

Its a 2yrs program
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 12:18am On Oct 20, 2017
Ok. In my own case I used the one the school recommended or that is in my offer letter, which is Allianz Global Assistance ( AGA). You can check the following approved by the Australian government. Australian Health Management, BUPA Australia, Medibank Private, Nib OSHC and some other ones which I don't know.
uckennety:

Its a 2yrs program
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 1:11am On Oct 20, 2017
Albion05:
Ok. In my own case I used the one the school recommended or that is in my offer letter, which is Allianz Global Assistance ( AGA). You can check the following approved by the Australian government. Australian Health Management, BUPA Australia, Medibank Private, Nib OSHC and some other ones which I don't know.

Australian health management is cheaper pls how do i pay because it seems payment is only via master card or visa card!you all know about naija palava

Please brother are you attending CIT!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 3:59am On Oct 20, 2017
phemmy28:

Those guys don sabi naija people to de do nysc niyen.
From my POV, get the exemption letter. That one of bla bla bla wey you wan talk say after school you wan come serve, I see am as red flag Sha.
You may wanna talk about delayed mobilisation et al.
Dibp, ba human being full there. Sometimes you can be lucky to get a good CO wey nor just get energy to stress people, and it may be otherwise.
I think with the right words you can convince them, if and only if it turns out you can't get an exemption letter.
Best regards.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2017
ANNUAL INCOME OPTION..The income demonstrated must be the personal income of your spouse (who is not coming with you) or parents. Where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement. Evidence must be in the form of official government documents such as tax assessments.

The above information is from DIBP website...
My question is this, can my uncle act my sponsor?(we share the same surname)....
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:49am On Oct 20, 2017
uckennety:

Australian health management is cheaper pls how do i pay because it seems payment is only via master card or visa card!you all know about naija palava

Please brother are you attending CIT!
Banks Naira Debit now allow up to US$1000 so you should be fine just convert the rate in AUD to USD by using xe.com or oanda.com and multiple by 375(AccessBank), 368(GTB) to check rate visit abokifx.com
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 7:21am On Oct 20, 2017
StarBj:
ANNUAL INCOME OPTION..The income demonstrated must be the personal income of your spouse (who is not coming with you) or parents. Where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement. Evidence must be in the form of official government documents such as tax assessments.

The above information is from DIBP website...
My question is this, can my uncle act my sponsor?(we share the same surname)....

Yes he can sponsor you. People use it and are lucky be granted.

Your chance of getting Grant will only reduce.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by KVickky(f): 8:08am On Oct 20, 2017
phemmy28:

Just scan a clear one. If you dont have give them your excemption letter. They asked me for clearer scan of bank statement evn after verifying the first one.. they might be verifying other things and just need a bit of time

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.