Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,310 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1258733 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by debby516(f): 8:43am On Oct 20, 2017
Just got back fro Australia and uses my GTB card, rate was N291 to 1AUD, which is better than Access bank at N299.

Solitin40:

Banks Naira Debit now allow up to US$1000 so you should be fine just convert the rate in AUD to USD by using xe.com or oanda.com and multiple by 375(AccessBank), 368(GTB) to check rate visit abokifx.com

6 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:56am On Oct 20, 2017
debby516:
Just got back fro Australia and uses my GTB card, rate was N291 to 1AUD, which is better than Access bank at N299.

Nice update come and gist the house about your experience in Australia ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2017
Yes he can sponsor you. People use it and are lucky be granted.

Your chance of getting Grant will only reduce.

So you mean it's not safe using an uncle as a sponsor.... Praying for luck doesn't seem right...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by debby516(f): 11:30am On Oct 20, 2017
Coming back with full gist.
Solitin40:

Nice update come and gist the house about your experience in Australia ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
davodyguy:

About 1.7m

Ticket was 1m via SA airways
Hotel 300k at Napoleon on Kent Sydney
Stay at Aspire lounge in South Africa, whilst waiting for transfer $60
Stay at shogolo lounge in SA, $50
Amount spent on souvenirs and gift for my staff and family, 200k
Out of Aspire lounge or shongololo Lounge which one will you recommend in-terms of Food,Shower,WiFi,Space and Entertainment
I saw limited reviews about these lounge on google
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Those guys don sabi naija people to de do nysc niyen.
From my POV, get the exemption letter. That one of bla bla bla wey you wan talk say after school you wan come serve, I see am as red flag Sha.
You may wanna talk about delayed mobilisation et al.
Dibp, ba human being full there. Sometimes you can be lucky to get a good CO wey nor just get energy to stress people, and it may be otherwise.
I think with the right words you can convince them, if and only if it turns out you can't get an exemption letter.
Best regards.

Thanks bruv, thing is, I was told you can only get exemption if you were above 30 years at graduation, of which at graduation, age was below 30 years, so exemption letter via normal channels is out of it. The only other "legit" alternative is to inform DIBP that I am yet to serve due to the fact that I had to do my one year housemanship and have been waiting for their reply and so have not gone for the NYSC program. Finished housemanship in feruary, visa application July and turned 30 in august. From popular advice, an illegit exemption letter is out of the question. In your opinion, does my above highlighted explanation of timeline reference to why I havent been able to make the nysc program hold water logically (or illogically, lol) { na "almost" frustration laugh I dey laugh oh}
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sistaj: 1:16pm On Oct 20, 2017
phemmy28:

Madam, you stubborn oh. From what you wrote, you probably came across to them as someone who had choices and didn't really care if they granted or not, you just needed a decision. Maybe thats why they did not use you "to do yanga" lol. Congrats all round tho.
Lol i guess.By the time of writing i was really tired of the wait and past caring.Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by sistaj: 1:20pm On Oct 20, 2017
phemmy28:

The problem with exemption letter is that they say one must have been 30 years at graduation which is a criteria that we dont meet. And then the school is supposed to help request it but Vladamir Putin has bombed the school and surrounding communities.
Tell them you want to go for your studies first b4 nysc.explain in details that you intend to do it later or seek an exemption when you clock 30
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2017
Please house is i mandatory to pay for 2years OSHC when applying because my program is 2yrs pls i need advice
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2017
Solitin40:

Out of Aspire lounge or shongololo Lounge which one will you recommend in-terms of Food,Shower,WiFi,Space and Entertainment
I saw limited reviews about these lounge on google

Aspire any day any time.

But make sure you have a Visa or master card. They don't accept cash in either Us dollars or South Africa Rand.

Aspire got beautiful ladies grin grin
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by phemmy28(m): 3:00pm On Oct 20, 2017
sistaj:

Tell them you want to go for your studies first b4 nysc.explain in details that you intend to do it later or seek an exemption when you clock 30

Thanks, I guess thats the safest choice right now.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2017
davodyguy:

Aspire any day any time.

But make sure you have a Visa or master card. They don't accept cash in either Us dollars or South Africa Rand.

Aspire got beautiful ladies grin grin
Bro I go report you o don’t corrupt me abeg grin

Sebi it’s $33 for 4hours ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2017
uckennety:
Please house is i mandatory to pay for 2years OSHC when applying because my program is 2yrs pls i need advice
Yes NO OSHC NO VISA!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by davodyguy: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
Solitin40:

Bro I go report you o don’t corrupt me abeg grin

Sebi it’s $33 for 4hours ?

Yes $33 or 30 for 3 hours

But we pleaded with them since we stayed over from 06:00am till 10:00pm to accept 66 dollars for the entire stay.

Watch out for those SA ladies working at that Lounge. You can call me when you get to Johannesburg. I have 3 friends there grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
Solitin40:

Yes NO OSHC NO VISA!!

Please can i pay just 1year OSHC ?while program is 2years?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
uckennety:

Please can i pay just 1year OSHC ?while program is 2years?
NO you have to pay for the duration of your studies I paid for 5years e no Easy I understand
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by uckennety(m): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2017
Solitin40:

NO you have to pay for the duration of your studies I paid for 5years e no Easy I understand

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm after all this!embassy go dey delay our visa!

Visa fall on us ooooooooooo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
phemmy28:

Thanks bruv, thing is, I was told you can only get exemption if you were above 30 years at graduation, of which at graduation, age was below 30 years, so exemption letter via normal channels is out of it. The only other "legit" alternative is to inform DIBP that I am yet to serve due to the fact that I had to do my one year housemanship and have been waiting for their reply and so have not gone for the NYSC program. Finished housemanship in feruary, visa application July and turned 30 in august. From popular advice, an illegit exemption letter is out of the question. In your opinion, does my above highlighted explanation of timeline reference to why I havent been able to make the nysc program hold water logically (or illogically, lol) { na "almost" frustration laugh I dey laugh oh}
Sounds good mate. As stated earlier, dibp ba human being de there.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 1:06am On Oct 21, 2017
Pls any latest news from DIPB, this waiting is tiring.May God help us all
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aragonbaba(m): 4:57am On Oct 21, 2017
Goodmorning guys, please I would want to ask a question.
I have two options as to whom to use as my sponsor, my step brother and my Uncle. Please whom should I choose among the two?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:15am On Oct 21, 2017
davodyguy:

Yes $33 or 30 for 3 hours

But we pleaded with them since we stayed over from 06:00am till 10:00pm to accept 66 dollars for the entire stay.

Watch out for those SA ladies working at that Lounge. You can call me when you get to Johannesburg. I have 3 friends there grin grin grin grin grin
We need to talk kindly accept my PM
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 7:18am On Oct 21, 2017
aragonbaba:
Goodmorning guys, please I would want to ask a question.
I have two options as to whom to use as my sponsor, my step brother and my Uncle. Please whom should I choose among the two?
I will advise you go with your step brother but note you must have enough documents to back up the relationship just to show it’s genuine Brother is still closer than Uncle
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shevydinho(m): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2017
zeemo2007:

My username and include @yahoo.com.
bro messaged you via Ur mail
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nkepris(f): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2017
Ok. after enquiring from a friend how his experience was wen he got to australia. He was giving me the impression that life in australia is hard. pls can som1 clarify me. How can i get a PR after studying in australia.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2017
Nkepris:
Ok. after enquiring from a friend how his experience was wen he got to australia. He was giving me the impression that life in australia is hard. pls can som1 clarify me. How can i get a PR after studying in australia.

Life is tough everywhere.

There are more opportunities in some places than others.

read and research more personally.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobe4real(m): 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
Nursing (graduate entry)folks have very little or no time to work because of an intense work load and 8am-5pm everyday of lectures....how valid is this??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vhickky(f): 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
good day everyone..... please how can a humanitarian visa be gotten, my brother was asked to get one for the processing of his admission... what's the best way to go about this....thanks in anticipation of your help..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kingbukaz: 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
vhickky:
good day everyone..... please how can a humanitarian visa be gotten, my brother was asked to get one for the processing of his admission... what's the best way to go about this....thanks in anticipation of your help..

Who told your brother to get that for admission? You dnt need that for admission neither do you need it to study in Australia. What you need to study is a student visa which you will apply to the embassy after you have been admitted and gotten your Certificate of Enrolment from the school.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vhickky(f): 7:57am On Oct 22, 2017
Kingbukaz:

Who told your brother to get that for admission? You dnt need that for admission neither do you need it to study in Australia. What you need to study is a student visa which you will apply to the embassy after you have been admitted and gotten your Certificate of Enrolment from the school.
the school mailed him to get one before they can process the admission.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kingbukaz: 8:11am On Oct 22, 2017
vhickky:

What's the name if the school? That type of visa is not for students. Besides what qualifies you for visa is a proof of that a school has admitted you (COE)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jasmine1147: 8:13am On Oct 22, 2017
vhickky:

Is your brother in Nigeria or Australia?
If he's in Nigeria... gaining admission into a school have nothing to do with Humanitarian visa

If he's in Australia... thats a different issue
The school will only ask him for one - if he applied for admission and they ask for he's visa status and he told them he have a humanitarian visa.

So ask your brother why he was asked for one

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vhickky(f): 8:14am On Oct 22, 2017
Kingbukaz:

What's the name if the school? That type of visa is not for students. Besides what qualifies you for visa is a proof of that a school has admitted you (COE)
federation university of Australia .he applied for nursing, what can be done now?....thanks for your interest in this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.