Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,825 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1251478 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by zeemo2007: 5:10am On Nov 21, 2017
bestdiddy:
Could you give me your email address? I'd be happy to share my SOP with you for your review

zeemo2007 at Yahoo dot come

i understand your plight and it is justified for you to have chosen that coursr because you have work experiences which is the major requirement for postgraduate studies.

You see SOP is like the visa interview. Most guys send me their SOP and believe me even if they submit that kind of SOP with a 100m bank statement, I doubt if the CO will still grant the visa because most are so poor and you start asking if theyvare genuine student and how will they cope studying in a developed country

5 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bornlegend: 10:45am On Nov 21, 2017
Pls can someone help me explain credit transfer? the importance and need. thanks

any help pls?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kofson: 11:37am On Nov 21, 2017
opeboi:
Please is there any advantage using an agent for Visa application

Using an agent wouldn't add anything to your application . Take time to read the thread from part 1 to part 3. Organise your documents well and if there is any doubt somewhere ask questions and you will get a response. Except you are the busy type then you can seek an agent.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by opeboi: 11:49am On Nov 21, 2017
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Churkie: 11:58am On Nov 21, 2017
Is there any visa hopeful here that applied in May? It seems I'm the only May applicant awaiting a decision.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pristine88: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2017
Churkie:
Is there any visa hopeful here that applied in May? It seems I'm the only May applicant awaiting a decision.

may ke.....are they mad in pretoria

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by necoD: 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2017
Hi, I am a Nigerian living in Melbourne. Moved there last week. I am really bored and will like to make contacts with Nigerians

Sola1010:

Tobe no b joke o evn my guy wey dy Melbourne tell me say naija dy cast, d refusal rate is basically for nigerians dats hw dy cast Canada to go Canada nw come dy like war if nt wetin I dy find 4 aussie. Mk we jst dy try do well dats Wat matas cos our reputation is already going lite years ahead of us nd it's nt a gud 1.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2017
@churkie. I applied since May 19th
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Probably it's just both of us
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by skydon(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joyfree:
@churkie. I applied since May 19th

Any contact since then?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Teehomies: 4:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
My brother u're not alone. I also applied in May and no form of contact since then.
Churkie:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bhorbymills1990: 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2017
Please house how can someone check the application status for subclass 600
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kelsy90: 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2017
I would like to ask those in Australia already if I can use my local bank visa card there?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2017
kelsy90:
I would like to ask those in Australia already if I can use my local bank visa card there?
You can only use Naira debit cards with POS/ONLINE but not with ATM the only solution is to open dollar account and fund it with USD and request for the debit card
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Joyfree: 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2017
@skydon. They contacted me to update the new COE since I deferred to Feb
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by skydon(m): 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2017
Joyfree:
@skydon. They contacted me to update the new COE since I deferred to Feb

Don't worry, we are almost there. He neither sleeps nor slumbers.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Omooloriredade: 7:07pm On Nov 21, 2017
Solitin40:

You can only use Naira debit cards with POS/ONLINE but not with ATM the only solution is to open dollar account and fund it with USD and request for the debit card

Are you sure about this information? Any ATM anywhere in the world that accepts VISA cards should dispense the local currency in the country using your Naija Naira VISA debit card. Same goes with MasterCard cards on ATMs accepting it.
Rate and limit is set by the local bank here in Naija

Never heard is country selective.

Cc kelsy90

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Omooloriredade: 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2017
sola1010 and bornlegend

It would have been better if you applied for PR directly from Nigeria. Experience not a compulsory requirement for Engineering graduates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2017
Omooloriredade:

Are you sure about this information? Any ATM anywhere in the world that accepts VISA cards should dispense the local currency in the country using your Naija Naira VISA debit card. Same goes with MasterCard cards on ATMs accepting it.
Rate and limit is set by the local bank here in Naija

Never heard is country selective.

Cc kelsy90
I’m 99% sure ....I think you don’t reside in Nigeria presently

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Omooloriredade: 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2017
Solitin40:

I’m 99% sure ....I think you don’t reside in Nigeria presently

Let's reduce the bolded to 5% because you got that response from your bank's customer care officer. We will assume he/she responded in ignorance or the issue is with your bank (See attached image). Hope your card is not the Verve card?

I have attached a screenshot from abokifx.com which collates data from users of Nigerian banks' NAIRA debit card users all over the world. Open the link and scroll to where you have "Bank ATM Rates". You have the date, location, issuing bank, rate charged and currency dispensed. Where you have "Online" indicates it was used for a web/online transaction.

Lastly, I use my GTBank Naira debit card on the few occasions I have been in the Schengen area (ATM dispensed Euro cheesy)

Caveat: I am only 100% sure about GTBank Naira debit cards (99.999% for other banks' Visa/Mastercard) since I have personal experience but I reckon it should be applicable to all banks with Visa or Mastercards.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2017
Omooloriredade:

Let's reduce the bolded to 5% because you got that response from your bank's customer care officer. We will assume he/she responded in ignorance or the issue is with your bank (See attached image). Hope your card is not the Verve card?

I have attached a screenshot from abokifx.com which collates data from users of Nigerian banks' NAIRA debit card users all over the world. Open the link and scroll to where you have "Bank ATM Rates". You have the date, location, issuing bank, rate charged and currency dispensed. Where you have "Online" indicates it was used for a web/online transaction.

Lastly, I use my GTBank Naira debit card on the few occasions I have been in the Schengen area (ATM dispensed Euro cheesy)

Caveat: I am only 100% sure about GTBank Naira debit cards (99.999% for other banks' Visa/Mastercard) since I have personal experience but I reckon it should be applicable to all banks with Visa or Mastercards.
No need to argue further if you say so but I could remember very well that a Nairalander who traveled to Sydney said she couldn’t use the ATM because it keeps declining but was able to use POS and Web for transactions she gave the rate Access Bank #299 to 1

BTW when was the last time you travel to Schengen area ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 3:58am On Nov 22, 2017
tobe4real:
thanks...I really can’t wrap my head around why the school will say I still owe them money($211)my telex copy just got sent to me and on it $12,500.74 usd was sent to the school.the high refusal rate and all the stress i’ve been Put through is beginning to make me zero my mind sef angry

Sorry I had the same difference when I used telex. Mine was about 530 AUD.

You can find someone who you can give naira to and would pay dollars on your behalf.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 4:01am On Nov 22, 2017
I know people may throw stones at me...

I was going to say, can we improve on our writing skills, sentence structure, grammar, shorthands and all. Many people on this thread are talking about furthering education but it can be difficult to even read a sentence let alone get clarity of what the point of the sentence is.

Biko, do something about it. It is easier to move over a post that is unclear and not offer suggestions.

7 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by akinke: 4:06am On Nov 22, 2017
Churkie:

Nice one bro. Just so I'm clear, did you submit SOA when you applied?

They probably want to see if the declared balance is still sitting in the account.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bornlegend: 8:03am On Nov 22, 2017
Omooloriredade:
sola1010 and bornlegend

It would have been better if you applied for PR directly from Nigeria. Experience not a compulsory requirement for Engineering graduates.

I have indeed applied but it is taking time and currently on 65pts while those called are on 70 pts so far. Just needed another quicker route
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by debby516(f): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2017
On use of naija bank cards in Australia, i didnt use my gtb naira mastercard on an atm but used it on POS last month and it worked.

Hope that helps
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Omooloriredade: 11:46am On Nov 22, 2017
Solitin40:

No need to argue further if you say so but I could remember very well that a Nairalander who traveled to Sydney said she couldn’t use the ATM because it keeps declining but was able to use POS and Web for transactions she gave the rate Access Bank #299 to 1

BTW when was the last time you travel to Schengen area ?

Last time I was in the Schengen was October 2016. So my information must be outdated shey? cheesy cheesy

Oga o. As you said, it's pointless arguing. It's possible they flipped a policy yet again I actually called a friend in Melbourne who said I can. In fact, he just answered "sure now". LOL. One needs to be adequately prepared against unforeseen circumstances sha to avoid stories that touch.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 22, 2017
Hello, can i get scholarship with my neco result to an Australian school.

My account is zero but i hope to work and earn there. Pharmacy school has frustrated me here.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tuteso: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
Dears

I need support with quick clarification

if someone is on visa 485 till April 2018 can he apply to study in June 2018 and apply for student visa like a week before the visa 485 expires?

Also will he have to leave Australia till sch resumes in June?

Or remain
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2017
kelsy90:
My UBA naira card is working perfectly on ATM while GTbank card isn't working, guess it depends on the bank you are using.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2017
bligs:

My UBA naira card is working perfectly on ATM while GTbank card isn't working, guess it depends on the bank you are using.
What’s the rate ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.