Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (687) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1248254 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 2:37pm On Apr 12
Wonder1844:
How about those with an offer already?

As long as your offer is still valid and has not been cancelled by the university. You're good to go.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 5:57pm On Apr 13
Thank you.
My offer is still intact but was scared with paying tuition fees reading of the high rates of rejection

NB1912:

You shouldn't be affected if you already have an offer, However, I have heard of a few Uni's cancelling offers that have already been issued. I have no information on this.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wonder1844(m): 6:00pm On Apr 13
Thank you.
AussieJoan:

As long as your offer is still valid and has not been cancelled by the university. You're good to go.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zbk001: 8:09pm On Apr 19
Good evening everyone,

Pls which loan company give loan to Masters
program to Australia.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zbk001: 4:17pm On Apr 20
Someone should pls share the telegram link
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by steveyen(m): 6:44am On Apr 21
Thank you for this.

Is it absolutely necessary that the money must be in the account for three months ?

NB1912:

If your sponsor is unwilling to release their personal bank statement, I would recommend he opens a fixed deposit account (not a regular account) and lock the money for at least 3 months. He also has to show his source of income. I hope this sponsor is related to you. Cheers!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by NB1912: 11:05am On Apr 23
steveyen:
Thank you for this.

Is it absolutely necessary that the money must be in the account for three months ?

It's strongly advised to have your proof of funds in the account for three months, particularly given the current rate of visa refusals. This approach will help strengthen your application significantly.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Chidoskey59(m): 7:14pm On Apr 23
Hello good people,

Is Globus bank accepted for POF for australian PR visa application?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Zbk001: 6:13pm On Apr 24
Good evening all,
Pls which loan company supports international students studying in Australia.

Pls help a brother.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 8:26am On Apr 25
⚠️ Changes to the Temporary Graduate visa program – proposed 1 July 2024

👉 The maximum eligible age will reduce to 35 years of age or under.

👉 Hong Kong and British National Overseas passport holders will continue to be eligible provided they are under 50 years of age.

Overview
The Australian Government announced changes to the Temporary Graduate visa programs in its recent Migration Strategy. These changes should take effect from 1 July 2024, subject to the passage of legislative amendments. Clarification of these changes is listed below.
Graduate Work stream
The Graduate Work stream will be renamed to the Post-Vocational Education Work stream.
The maximum eligible age for Post-Vocational Education Work stream applicants will reduce to 35 years of age or under. Hong Kong and British National Overseas passport holders will continue to be eligible provided they are under 50 years of age. Applicants no longer eligible for the Post-Vocational Education Work stream due to the age reduction may be eligible for a number of other visas. Explore your visa options.
Applicants must hold an associate degree, diploma or trade qualification, closely related to their nominated occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL).
Applicants with a degree level qualification or higher will no longer be eligible for this stream. If an applicant holds one of these qualifications, they must apply through the Post-Higher Education Work stream.
Applicants may continue to stay for up to 18 months.
Hong Kong or British National Overseas passport holders may be able to stay for up to 5 years.
Post-Study Work stream
The Post-Study Work stream will be renamed to the Post-Higher Education Work stream.
The maximum eligible age for Post-Higher Education Work stream applicants will reduce to 35 years of age or under. Hong Kong and British National Overseas passport holders will continue to be eligible provided they are under 50 years of age. Applicants no longer eligible for the Post-Higher Education Work stream due to the age reduction may be eligible for a number of other visas. Explore your visa options.
The ‘select degree’ 2 year extension will cease.
Stay periods will change to the following:
Bachelor degree (including honours) – up to 2 years
Masters (coursework and extended) – up to 2 years
Masters (research) and doctoral degree (PhD) – up to 3 years.
Hong Kong and British National Overseas passport holders may be able to stay for up to 5 years.
Stay periods for Indian nationals, as agreed in the Australian Indian – Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (AI-ECTA), remain as:
Bachelor degree (including honours) – up to 2 years
Bachelor degree (with first class honours in STEM, including ICT) – up to 3 years
Masters (coursework, extended and research) – up to 3 years
Doctoral degrees (PhD) – up to 4 years.
Second Post-Study Work stream
The Second Post-Study Work stream will be renamed the Second Post-Higher Education Work stream. There are no other changes to this stream.
Replacement stream
The Replacement stream will cease.

Source: Homeaffairs website

Updated 24 April 2024

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Waskylala: 8:05am On Apr 26
Well...my offer was canceled even with my scholarship I got.
The name of the university was John Cook University.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Reanzi: 10:17am On Apr 26
Waskylala:

Oh wow. So sorry about this.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Alexyswiss(m): 1:43pm On Apr 26
Pls does anyone know anybody who was granted visa recently? How long did it take?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 3:09pm On Apr 26
Waskylala:

Ohhh sorry about that. Unfortunately, the new regulations are affecting everyone.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 3:10pm On Apr 26
Alexyswiss:
Pls does anyone know anybody who was granted visa recently? How long did it take?

Most applications can take upwards of 2 months to be processed.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Reanzi: 4:32pm On Apr 26
AussieJoan:

Please AussieJoan, is it normal that I did my biometrics yesterday at 2pm and it hasn't been updated yet.

Then in my profile, I can see "attach documents" with the general advise to go through the document checklist and then the "I confirm I have uploaded the required documents" under. Is this because of my pending biometrics.

Then is it true that my Coe carrying details of my health insurance is sufficient as proof of insurance and that I don't need the health insurance certificate?

I will really be grateful if you can share your thoughts about this please.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Alexyswiss(m): 5:51pm On Apr 26
AussieJoan:

Thank you.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Alexyswiss(m): 6:45pm On Apr 26
AussieJoan:

Is it possible for me to check the status of my application? My agent is in control of the immi account and their policy would not allow me access to the account.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 2:05am On Apr 27
Alexyswiss:

Is it possible for me to check the status of my application? My agent is in control of the immi account and their policy would not allow me access to the account.

Yes , create an immi account and import your application.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by AussieJoan: 2:09am On Apr 27
Reanzi:

Please AussieJoan, is it normal that I did my biometrics yesterday at 2pm and it hasn't been updated yet.

Then in my profile, I can see "attach documents" with the general advise to go through the document checklist and then the "I confirm I have uploaded the required documents" under. Is this because of my pending biometrics.

Then is it true that my Coe carrying details of my health insurance is sufficient as proof of insurance and that I don't need the health insurance certificate?

I will really be grateful if you can share your thoughts about this please.

1a. Sometimes biometrics get updated quickly and other times it doesn't. Give it 24 to 48hrs.
1b. Yes, it's because of your biometrics.

2. Technically yes, although there's no harm in attaching a health insurance certificate if you have one.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Reanzi: 3:45am On Apr 27
AussieJoan:

1a. Sometimes biometrics get updated quickly and other times it doesn't. Give it 24 to 48hrs.
1b. Yes, it's because of your biometrics.

2. Technically yes, although there's no harm in attaching a health insurance certificate if you have one.

Okay. Thanks so much. I really appreciate your response.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Alexyswiss(m): 4:55am On Apr 27
Alexyswiss:

Thank you so much.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by steveyen(m): 6:54pm On Apr 27
Can someone pls help answer this ?

Chidoskey59:
Hello good people,

Is Globus bank accepted for POF for australian PR visa application?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Alexyswiss(m): 11:26pm On Apr 27
steveyen:
Can someone pls help answer this ?

NB1912:

Whichever bank you decide to use does not matter. What matters is showing minimum 3 months bank statement and source of income.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pandew: 12:02pm On Apr 28
You need POF for study, visit or vacation, then i gat you.

you can reach out to me on whatapp 07042973303
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yemioke: 5:43am
What is the hope of over 38 year who intend to study in Australia with the aim to migrate
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Flames000(m): 12:56pm
yemioke:
What is the hope of over 38 year who intend to study in Australia with the aim to migrate

It’s not realistic especially with the new laws reducing post study visa (graduate visas) to age limit of 35years starting from July 2024.

If you are married and your wife is younger and wouldn’t have exceeded 35years at the time of graduation. Then let her study instead. Otherwise, explore other options
Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (684) (685) (686) (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.