Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1261712 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:41am On Feb 21, 2018
kessel:
@Albion05[b]

Take calm your nerve bro, in conjunction with justwise advice, please do take time to go through your documents again, you never can tell what you missed, still go ahead with the legal proceedings, even countries can sue and be sued, hence, legal proceedings is allowed(here i disagree with justwise and SantaClause advice),the refusal, its their right but the ban, its not, they have only called you fraudulent by banning you and that is only a measure taken when its has been proven beyond every reasonable doubt that some documents you submitted were fake.

[b]@Amy3050

Please oo, no go crash before the grant show for it must surely come.

@Saltino40

We don do musical instrument biz finish abi wey u wan leave me run go OZ...
Everyone waiting for grant, please play it cool and hope for the best... Peace.

You are wrong, you can’t sue any country for refusing you a visa or banning you but you can appeal the ban if there is a provision for that. Any country has the right to turn you back at the Poe even with valid visa and there is nothing you can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DidoKev: 8:41am On Feb 21, 2018
Amy3090:
When is it best to call Pretoria?
7:30am to 10:30am Nigeria time. The earlier the better and ensure you have enough airtime say 2k+

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by fabregasss: 8:46am On Feb 21, 2018
DidoKev:
7:30am to 10:30am Nigeria time. The earlier the better and ensure you have enough airtime say 2+

What is 2+
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mikeufuoma2016: 8:48am On Feb 21, 2018
Is it composory that the your sponsor must be related to you?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 9:02am On Feb 21, 2018
Please whats up with this regional university thing, am i save, working towards Western Sydney University
ideamaster:

The whole of Northern Territory is listed as regional or low population growth metropolitan areas. As far as the campus you are studying is in NT, you should be able to claim studying in a regional area, if that's what you are after.

The places that other guy mentioned are regional areas in Victoria.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:02am On Feb 21, 2018
@Justwise, I made appeal to them with all the revelant documents and the Bank will still do same on my behalf via my sponsor as their customer.
Is also good that one contact laywer for legal and proper advice which he has done in my case.
My prayer and wish is that they re-consider their stand.

justwise:

You are wrong, you can’t sue any country for refusing you a visa or banning you but you can appeal the ban if there is a provision for that. Any country has the right to turn you back at the Poe even with valid visa and there is nothing you can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bornlegend: 9:03am On Feb 21, 2018
ideamaster:

The whole of Northern Territory is listed as regional or low population growth metropolitan areas. As far as the campus you are studying is in NT, you should be able to claim studying in a regional area, if that's what you are after.

The places that other guy mentioned are regional areas in Victoria.

Thanks
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by DidoKev: 9:05am On Feb 21, 2018
fabregasss:

What is 2+
Sorry 2k+ worth of airtime
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 9:05am On Feb 21, 2018
Yes i can't sue any country for refusal but i can sue them for false accusations or something similar, anyways, am not asking him to sue, i only used that to buttress the possibility of taking some legal steps.
justwise:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yourhouse: 9:07am On Feb 21, 2018
DidoKev:
Sorry 2k+ worth of airtime

Just do mtn bundle N500 for 30mins although they pick in 5minutes
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:09am On Feb 21, 2018
From 7:30am - 10:30am Nigerian time.
If you are using mtn line.
Recharge airtime and do the follow for international call bundle rates.

Bundle price
NGN 300
NGN 500
NGN 1500
Subscription keyword:
IDB300 to 131: gives you 20 minutes and validity period is 3days.
IDB500 to 131: gives you 40 minutes and validity period is 7days.
IDB1500 to 131: gives you 150 minutes and validity period is 30days.

To check your balance, dial *559*7#

Eligible destinations:
Australia
Canada
China
Germany
India
Ireland
Malaysia
South Africa
United Kingdom
United States
Sweden
South Korea
Israel
Hong Kong
Romania
Denmark
Cyprus
Malta
Luxembourg, etc...

I used it in calling as someone recommended it to me.

Amy3090:

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kessel: 9:18am On Feb 21, 2018
And they certainly will, with your kind of enthusiasm as a nurse, your impact would have been felt in Nig, but since they no want us, we must surely take our services to where it is needed
Albion05:
@Justwise, I made appeal to them with all the revelant documents and the Bank will still do same on my behalf via my sponsor as their customer.
Is also good that one contact laywer for legal and proper advice which he has done in my case.
My prayer and wish is that they re-consider their stand.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:32am On Feb 21, 2018
Amen dear, thanks a lot.
kessel:
And they certainly will, with your kind of enthusiasm as a nurse, your impact would have been felt in Nig, but since they no want us, we must surely take our services to where it is needed

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amy3090: 9:48am On Feb 21, 2018
It rings and then they will hang up in between the call
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amy3090: 9:51am On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=yourhouse post=65246426]

Just do mtn bundle N500 for 30mins although they pick in 5minutes

5 mins? Which number
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:55am On Feb 21, 2018
They are experiencing high volume of application as said by them. I don't work with them though.
Forget calling today again and call them tomorrow morning from that 7:30am, you will definitely get across to them.
Also note that so many persons are calling them as well. In two occasions that I called them, I was on call waiting for over 15 minutes before the lady finally answered.

Amy3090:

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haykclassy(m): 10:10am On Feb 21, 2018
Amy3090:

try this number +27124236203, I just spoke with the lady.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:30am On Feb 21, 2018
Amy3090:
7.30am Lagos time If you make use of MTN subscribe for the 20mins international bundle for #300 so that you will have more time to talk and also the wait time before they pick it up get your passport number available also

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:36am On Feb 21, 2018
Amy3090:
Call the number early by 7.30am....

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dapsy11: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2018
You can also get glo bundle, that was what I used. N200 for 15 min or so can remember the exact, the call took abt 5min 6 sec.
Dial *777# on your glo line and look for Voice plan on this list.

Albion05:
From 7:30am - 10:30am Nigerian time.
If you are using mtn line.
Recharge airtime and do the follow for international call bundle rates.

Bundle price
NGN 300
NGN 500
NGN 1500
Subscription keyword:
IDB300 to 131: gives you 20 minutes and validity period is 3days.
IDB500 to 131: gives you 40 minutes and validity period is 7days.
IDB1500 to 131: gives you 150 minutes and validity period is 30days.

To check your balance, dial *559*7#

Eligible destinations:
Australia
Canada
China
Germany
India
Ireland
Malaysia
South Africa
United Kingdom
United States
Sweden
South Korea
Israel
Hong Kong
Romania
Denmark
Cyprus
Malta
Luxembourg, etc...

I used it in calling as someone recommended it to me.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2018
Haykclassy:

What’s her response? Is like the lady is the only one that answers the phone calls
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amy3090: 10:43am On Feb 21, 2018
Haykclassy:

Ok, thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Amy3090: 10:43am On Feb 21, 2018
dapsy11:
You can also get glo bundle, that was what I used. N200 for 15 min or so can remember the exact, the call took abt 5min 6 sec.
Dial *777# on your glo line and look for Voice plan on this list.

Thanks, what about 9mobile
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by yourhouse: 10:52am On Feb 21, 2018
[quote author=Amy3090 post=65247484][/quote]

‭+27 (12) 423-6203‬

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by foliat: 11:01am On Feb 21, 2018
How far? Have you gotten any mail yet? What's the update.

quote author=samakinbo post=65234863]Seriously praying its positive ooo. The pressure is too much.Never face one like this before. Its like a final year exam result[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Haykclassy(m): 11:16am On Feb 21, 2018
Solitin40:

What’s her response? Is like the lady is the only one that answers the phone calls

my application is still under assessment, and she can't say exactly when to expect a decision from the CO
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 21, 2018
I stand to be corrected but i am very sure i would not post something i assumed or did not read.

** MEMBER OF THE PARLIAMENT IS PROPOSING 8 YEARS OF STAY ON PERMANENT VISA TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP **

The Australian Citizenship Legislation Amendment (Strengthening the Commitment for Australian Citizenship and Other Measures) Bill 2018 (the Bill) amends the Australian
Citizenship Act 2007 (the Act) and the Migration Act 1958 (the Migration Act) to strengthen the requirements to become an Australian citizen and other key provisions.

To strengthen the requirements to become an Australian citizen, the Bill amends the Act to:

 increase the general residence requirement to require citizenship by conferral applicants to have been a permanent resident for at least eight years before they are eligible to apply for citizenship;

 require most applicants to provide evidence of competent English language proficiency before they can make a valid application for citizenship;

 require applicants to sign an Australian Values Statement in order to make a valid application for citizenship;

 require applicants to demonstrate their integration into the Australian community, including by behaving in a manner consistent with the Australian values that applicants commit to when they sign the Australian Values Statement;

 amend the Preamble to recognise that people who are conferred Australian citizenship undertake to accept the obligation to pledge their allegiance to Australia and its people, and to share Australian values;

 allow for the Australian Citizenship Regulation 2016 (the Regulation) or an instrument made under the Act to determine the information or documents that must be provided with an application in order for it to be a valid application;

 allow for the Minister to determine eligibility criteria for sitting the citizenship test that may relate to the fact that a person has previously failed the test, did not comply with one or more rules of conduct relating to the test, or was found to have cheated during the test;

 rename the ‘pledge of commitment’ the ‘pledge of allegiance’ and amend the pledge to require a person to pledge their allegiance to Australia and its people;

 extend the requirement to make the pledge of allegiance to all persons aged 16 and over intending to acquire citizenship by descent, persons adopted in accordance with the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption or a bilateral agreement, persons intending to acquire citizenship by resumption, and persons intending to acquire citizenship by conferral who have satisfied the criteria for a person born to a former Australian citizen, a person born in Papua or a person who has satisfied the criteria relating to statelessness; and

 allow for the Regulation or an instrument made under the Act to introduce a two-year bar on a person making an application for citizenship where the Minister has refused to approve the person becoming an Australian citizen on grounds other than failure to meet the residency requirement.

Share the info as much possible. Pls, note this is a bill in parliament proposed by a member but that does not mean a law as it requires majority votes to pass through. We shall keep you all updated on the related matter.

link below http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/ems/s1123_ems_6c933692-aec2-4925-a2c3-93c5d8675065/upload_pdf/18019em.pdf;fileType=application%2Fpdf

Albion05:
Thanks dear, God bless.
I decided to share my refusal here for advice or input, if any have experienced this in the past.

There are some persons I spoke to that had the same issues, they appeal and their Ban was overturned and some cases Visa re- issued to them.

The reason for my refusal is known now. Yesterday I met our lawyer and after going through all the documents from the bank and all the correspondence, he mentioned were the embassy stated that the applicant submitted the same bank statement of account and reference letter from sponsors bank.
That what the embassy simply wants is a new statement of account starting from another date just to show that the account is genuine, that's all.

But the bank included the previous statement of account issued to my sponsors to refute the claim that the statement of account is genuine and emanated from the bank. In a nutshell, a new statement of account could have averted this which have turned to a big issue.
But the embassy did not requested for new statement of account, if they did, My sponsor could have printed another one and I will upload it, to print statement of account does not take more than 1 minute.

Another laywer said the same thing, that uploading new statement simply put the matter to rest.
An Agent who had exactly the same issue with her applicant said the same thing, just 2 minutes she read my refusal letter and she made that statement, "new statement of account is what they want", but remember the CO did not state such.

Am saying this so that people can learn from my experience.
-Reference letter from the Bank stating the needful,
-Affidavit of facts and
- New statement of account, simple and issue solved.
I submitted the first two only and the bank re- attached the same statement that was submitted to refute the claim of non genuine, but what the bank should have done is to print new one from a new date.

So my lawyer, has written to the bank officially yesterday, directing them to write to embassy in strong term either from their head office or the bank legal department still maintaining that the statement of account issued to their customer is genuine and emanated from the bank and they are writing and appealing on behalf of their customer for his sons visa refusal and Ban be overturned, that at no point did their customer submitted any non genuine account and that personal investigation is welcome to prove their customer submitted genuine statement of account.

An advance copy of this letter was sent to the Bank yesterday, copied the embassy and other relevant body we deemed it necessary.
We deliver the soft copy to the bank this morning and wait to see how the bank we draft the letter they will send to emassy as directed by my lawyer.

For avoidance of doubt, my documents have no issues at all. This is just what happened!...
At least am now at peace with my self for finding out the problem. I want to thank each and every one of you that offered their suggestions, moral support, psychological support and prayers. God bless you.

N/B, the case officer is harsh fellow, the case officer did not write to the bank for confirmation of this account. This has been confirmed. The bank both at the head office or the Branch did not received any correspondence.

@Mafia91, I included those my personal details as you said, thank you all.

@ SantaClause, some of what you just said are assumptions not facts.
-Citizenship did not increased to any 10 years.
Last year it was brought up on the floor of their assemble, members voted it down, so that bill did not go through. If you have the link.... you can post it here.

- Schools does not issue visa at all wether in Australia or any country.
Immigration matter is different from school, even in a situation, the immigration finds out that the school connive with the applicant to short change the country in any way, the school gets purnishment for that. So schools are very careful in what they do.
Your admission process ends with school and immigration department is totally in charge for Visa not the school, if the embassy needs to verify any thing they have means of communication with the school.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:50am On Feb 21, 2018
here is the link bro maybe i don't know what i saw
http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/ems/s1123_ems_6c933692-aec2-4925-a2c3-93c5d8675065/upload_pdf/18019em.pdf;fileType=application%2Fpdf

and please read carefully, i did not say there are no PR route to Australia from Nigeria or anywhere and for school issuing visa are you in Australia? have you tried transferring to another uni? if you not in Australia and you havent tried any of this then i dont have any discussion with you based on that unless you tried any of this and they tell you the requirement.

bligs:

Stop misinforming people, heaps of people are being granted PR without setting foot in Aussie and also schools doesn't issue visas.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 21, 2018
LOL of because they do have all the say on VISA but my own school verifies bank statement and not DIBP even if they do when school verifies it makes it more easier. plus if you want a correspondent with my school during my time of application i will send it to you.

here is the link where i get the visa permanent resident from
http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/ems/s1123_ems_6c933692-aec2-4925-a2c3-93c5d8675065/upload_pdf/18019em.pdf;fileType=application%2Fpdf
[quote author=jasmine1147 post=6524198

You are so wrong
How did you come to the conclusion that schools grant visas? DIBP have all the say on your visa application
2) 10yrs to become citizen? Are you talking about same OZ or some other countries?
The change to citizenship, which will commence 1 July 2018 is that before applying for citizenship- you have to be on PR minimum of 4yrs

Please get your facts right[/quote]
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by dapsy11: 12:01pm On Feb 21, 2018
I only know about glo and airtel cos those are the lines I use.

I could not use Airtel cos they don't have a plan that covers SA. The countries they cover is very limited, but glo works well.

Amy3090:

Thanks, what about 9mobile
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2018
Bro!... we all have one or two people in OZ who knows about hapenings. We as well don't live in an isolation from the rest of the world.
No doubt, there is a Bill before the house until that bill is passed by the majority of the house and pass in to law, such Bill is not binding the initial of 8years PR you said for applying for Citizenship.
There is difference between a Bill and Law or an Act.

A bill is proposed legislation under consideration by a legislature.[1] A bill does not become law until it is passed by the legislature and, in most cases, approved by the executive. Once a bill has been enacted into law, it is called an act of the legislature, or a statute.

Bro, there are so many politicking when it comes to Bill especially these very one that affect PR holders to apply for Citizenship.
This legislatures lives in the neighborhood with the people and they get feedback from them as well.
Will you be happy if such Bill is finally passed into law?...

SantaClause:
I stand to be corrected but i am very sure i would not post something i assumed or did not read.

** MEMBER OF THE PARLIAMENT IS PROPOSING 8 YEARS OF STAY ON PERMANENT VISA TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP **

The Australian Citizenship Legislation Amendment (Strengthening the Commitment for Australian Citizenship and Other Measures) Bill 2018 (the Bill) amends the Australian
Citizenship Act 2007 (the Act) and the Migration Act 1958 (the Migration Act) to strengthen the requirements to become an Australian citizen and other key provisions.

To strengthen the requirements to become an Australian citizen, the Bill amends the Act to:

 increase the general residence requirement to require citizenship by conferral applicants to have been a permanent resident for at least eight years before they are eligible to apply for citizenship;

 require most applicants to provide evidence of competent English language proficiency before they can make a valid application for citizenship;

 require applicants to sign an Australian Values Statement in order to make a valid application for citizenship;

 require applicants to demonstrate their integration into the Australian community, including by behaving in a manner consistent with the Australian values that applicants commit to when they sign the Australian Values Statement;

 amend the Preamble to recognise that people who are conferred Australian citizenship undertake to accept the obligation to pledge their allegiance to Australia and its people, and to share Australian values;

 allow for the Australian Citizenship Regulation 2016 (the Regulation) or an instrument made under the Act to determine the information or documents that must be provided with an application in order for it to be a valid application;

 allow for the Minister to determine eligibility criteria for sitting the citizenship test that may relate to the fact that a person has previously failed the test, did not comply with one or more rules of conduct relating to the test, or was found to have cheated during the test;

 rename the ‘pledge of commitment’ the ‘pledge of allegiance’ and amend the pledge to require a person to pledge their allegiance to Australia and its people;

 extend the requirement to make the pledge of allegiance to all persons aged 16 and over intending to acquire citizenship by descent, persons adopted in accordance with the Hague Convention on Intercountry Adoption or a bilateral agreement, persons intending to acquire citizenship by resumption, and persons intending to acquire citizenship by conferral who have satisfied the criteria for a person born to a former Australian citizen, a person born in Papua or a person who has satisfied the criteria relating to statelessness; and

 allow for the Regulation or an instrument made under the Act to introduce a two-year bar on a person making an application for citizenship where the Minister has refused to approve the person becoming an Australian citizen on grounds other than failure to meet the residency requirement.

Share the info as much possible. Pls, note this is a bill in parliament proposed by a member but that does not mean a law as it requires majority votes to pass through. We shall keep you all updated on the related matter.

link below http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/ems/s1123_ems_6c933692-aec2-4925-a2c3-93c5d8675065/upload_pdf/18019em.pdf;fileType=application%2Fpdf

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by jasmine1147: 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2018
SantaClause:
LOL of because they do have all the say on VISA but my own school verifies bank statement and not DIBP even if they do when school verifies it makes it more easier. plus if you want a correspondent with my school during my time of application i will send it to you.

here is the link where i get the visa permanent resident from

Dont know where you got that from
But here is a link for you.. to department of home affair ( the new name for DIBP)

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/citi/whats-new

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.