Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,201 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1255648 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Jerryd112(m): 11:49am On Jan 28, 2019
Use yur naira card or yur dollar card, all depends on the bank. Mine was GTB dollar card. It was faster and easier. To avoid story that touch.
thefortuneone:
Hello guys!!!

Pls which best way(with less cost) can i pay for OSHC, is it to pay directly from my Nigeria account using my card or to send the money to someone's account in Australia who can help with the payment?

Expecting your responses. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by annaliese88: 2:57pm On Jan 28, 2019
Please can anyone give me better clarity on account statements. Say I need to show an account statement of 8m. Is it compulsory that the minimum balance throughout the 3 months statement has to be atleast 8m? Or can I start month 1 with 4.5m and then month 2 -3 will have the 8m or even more?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 3:34pm On Jan 28, 2019
annaliese88:
Please can anyone give me better clarity on account statements. Say I need to show an account statement of 8m. Is it compulsory that the minimum balance throughout the 3 months statement has to be atleast 8m? Or can I start month 1 with 4.5m and then month 2 -3 will have the 8m or even more?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 3:35pm On Jan 28, 2019
annaliese88:

The balance as of point of print should be equivalent of 60K AUD which is about 15m Naira
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 28, 2019
vikmeek:

The balance as of point of print should be equivalent of 60K AUD which is about 15m Naira
That is ridiculous. This is pof for one person outside fees?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 4:56pm On Jan 28, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

That is ridiculous. This is pof for one person outside fees?

Yep, after commencement fees, submitting this SOA is based on ur school though. Some schools are exempted
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pitman10: 5:23pm On Jan 28, 2019
vikmeek:

Yep, after commencement fees, submitting this SOA is based on ur school though. Some schools are exempted

Examples of some schools please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2019
pitman10:

Examples of some schools please?

Macquarie University
Deakin
RMIT
University of Wollongong
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TD4real: 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
Plz those in Sydney, I need help in getting a temporary accommodation. Someone should help plz.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by innamorat(f): 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2019
Good evening house, my husband is a medical doctor. Please how possible is it for him to get a job over there if he applies from Nigeria. Thanks. Please I need reply from experienced people and how he can go about it because things are not moving so smoothly for us at the moment
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 11:05pm On Jan 28, 2019
innamorat:
Good evening house, my husband is a medical doctor. Please how possible is it for him to get a job over there if he applies from Nigeria. Thanks. Please I need reply from experienced people and how he can go about it because things are not moving so smoothly for us at the moment
Your husband can't get a job in the medical field with Nigerian certificate unless he writes an exam organize by Australia medical assessing body which is expensive and they have no center in Nigeria except for Egypt and south Africa in the whole of Africa. Once he pass the exam, he can start his PR journey.
Note: He only have the privilege of writing the exam twice, if he didn't pass in first and second trial, that means he won't be able to practice medicine in Australia.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 5:51am On Jan 29, 2019
bligs:

Your husband can't get a job in the medical field with Nigerian certificate unless he writes an exam organize by Australia medical assessing body which is expensive and they have no center in Nigeria except for Egypt and south Africa in the whole of Africa. Once he pass the exam, he can start his PR journey.
Note: He only have the privilege of writing the exam twice, if he didn't pass in first and second trial, that means he won't be able to practice medicine in Australia.

Can he ply the Masters route?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 6:31am On Jan 29, 2019
vikmeek:

Can he ply the Masters route?
Sure, he can apply to further his studies in any medical related course but if he want to practice medicine in Australia, he can't escape the exam or better still go back to uni and start medicine all over.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by horlakay(m): 8:16am On Jan 29, 2019
[quote author=Stardamsel post=75177780]Maybe you shouldn't give up yet. You can either.

*enquire if the change to distance learning is as a result of visa delay or it has changed for everyone.
If it's cos of visa delay: tell them you will wait for July entry that apart from getting d MSC certificate, the international (first world) experience is crucial for you.

*if d mode of delivery has changed to distance learning for everyone, you can get a refund and apply to another school for July entry. (Write in ur sop to immi, that d international experience is very important for you and your career).

Sincerely, I'm just a novice also waiting for my visa.....you may speak with an expert on how to approach this.

You shall rejoice.

Thanks. I have sent a message to the school informing dem of my visa lodgement..they are yet to give a reply.
My bp is just increasing more by d day.
Yours shall end in praise too.......thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2019
bligs:

Sure, he can apply to further his studies in any medical related course but if he want to practice medicine in Australia, he can't escape the exam or better still go back to uni and start medicine all over.

So then best shot is to go for research or coursework MSc in Aussie. With this u can easily finance for the exam and take care of ur family.

He will be better off writing the exam onshore
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 8:47am On Jan 29, 2019
vikmeek:

So then best shot is to go for research or coursework MSc in Aussie. With this u can easily finance for the exam and take care of ur family.

He will be better off writing the exam onshore
Another option is if your partner can come through PR and you as a dependent, just like a guy I met last August preparing to write the exam, his wife was the primary applicant through IT profession while he is dependent.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Beaufull(f): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
Please am a Nigerian student I just graduated from college here in Philippines and my student visa has expired so am asked to downgrade it to tourist visa and I want to apply for Australia student visa will I be able to apply using the tourist visa here in Philippines

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wiseoldman: 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2019
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 4:38pm On Jan 29, 2019
And the Eagle Has Finally Landed

VISA GRANT!!!

Thank you Jesus

Timeline:

Application submitted: 2 Dec 2018
Medicals: 4 Dec 2018
Biometrics: 5 Dec 2018
Visa Grant: 26 Jan 2019

It can only be God, didn’t know I will be among those to testify.
This Journey started in 2016. Admission denied, Canada student Visa Denied: Jan 2018
Now a Grant
God answers prayers, just take this from me. Pray, Just Pray.

Please don’t lose hope. It’s worth d patience and sacrifice.

7 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tommee: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2019
vikmeek:

VISA GRANT!!!

Thank you Jesus

Timeline:

This Journey started in 2016. Admission denied, Canada student Visa Denied: Jan 2018
Now a Grant

congrats bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Pretty2017: 5:50pm On Jan 29, 2019
tommee:

congrats bro

So happy for you. Thank God for this good news, soon those of us waiting will share same news... Amen*
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Favoured30: 5:52pm On Jan 29, 2019
congratulations, may God continue to give you victory
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 5:58pm On Jan 29, 2019
Beaufull:
Please am a Nigerian student I just graduated from college here in Philippines and my student visa has expired so am asked to downgrade it to tourist visa and I want to apply for Australia student visa will I be able to apply using the tourist visa here in Philippines
You need your passport to apply for Australia visa not Philippines visa
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by loissy4real: 6:12pm On Jan 29, 2019
vikmeek:

VISA GRANT!!!

Thank you Jesus

Timeline:

Now a Grant

Congratulations to you,Please what's your course ,school and resumption date, Congrats once again.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by edkai: 7:10pm On Jan 29, 2019
vikmeek:

VISA GRANT!!!

Thank you Jesus

Timeline:

Now a Grant

I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!! This fills me with so much hope that mine is on the way. Please which school, and when is the date of your resumption.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 7:51pm On Jan 29, 2019
loissy4real:

Congratulations to you,Please what's your course ,school and resumption date, Congrats once again.

Macquarie University
Telecommunications Engineering
Course work
Start Date: Feb 18
Agent Used: UKEAS

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EZINNE1759(f): 8:23pm On Jan 29, 2019
vikmeek:

Macquarie University
Course work
did you show proof of funds? wink
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by loissy4real: 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2019
vikmeek:

Macquarie University
Course work

Nice one,Thanks.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by vikmeek: 9:24pm On Jan 29, 2019
EZINNE1759:
did you show proof of funds? wink

Yes I submitted SOA, cos I was denied Canada study only due to insufficient fund and also use my maternal Uncle as sponsor

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by EZINNE1759(f): 9:46pm On Jan 29, 2019
vikmeek:

Yes I submitted SOA, cos I was denied Canada study only due to insufficient fund and also use my maternal Uncle as sponsor
thought that wasn't needed for Macquarie. embarassed

Congrats though cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.