Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1246484 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Gokoyer0(m): 11:50am On Mar 13, 2021
Sir, can you quickly shed light on some of the advantages of using agentsbif there is any. And why are they enforcing Nigerians to use agents these days
VickayThrills:
I just wish that we're allowed to make our applications without going through an agent.

Personally, I know how I have pushed things on my own by sending direct mails to schools which has been helpful because I have observed that most agents do not follow things up as it should be.

Let me not talk about the little mistakes from their end that affects applications directly or indirectly which I have also experienced.

I received my deferment letter in my mail yesterday after having pushed from my end, in fact, I informed my agent (who have access to my portal to accept my offer and apply for deferment on my behalf) that I have received a revised offer which they said wasn't sent to my portal after the school informed me that they sent since 3rd March.

If you can, try and push somethings on your own through mails because it's necessary when need be.

The vibe on this platform has been insightful and THANKS to all those that have always made out time to encourage us in everything...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 3:43pm On Mar 14, 2021
Gokoyer0:
Sir, can you quickly shed light on some of the advantages of using agentsbif there is any. And why are they enforcing Nigerians to use agents these days
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cydhotstepper: 3:27pm On Mar 15, 2021
Good afternoon All. Please I have a question. Can I use IELTS General test result to apply for an Australian Study visa? Or does it have to be IELTS Academic?.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 4:44pm On Mar 15, 2021
Greetings Fam...

I received my unconditional offer today from UTAS.
I'm glad the process is moving. The border is just what I'm praying for to open on or before July.

I made enquiries at Access Bank and I wasn't given a clear info as regards payment through Form A.

How long those it take to process cos the person said something about them having backlogs.
Again, any idea about the rate and charges?

Thank you...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Priceless25: 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2021
@VickayThrills Avoid Access bank, try Zenith or fcmb.. Access bank nearly frustrated me last year, you'll wait for months unend and still, nothing gets through.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 9:34pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ohhhhhh!

Thank you so much for this hint...
I was concerned about that too when I was told they have backlogs cos of cbn blablabla... I even wanted to reconsider telling someone to pay for me from US.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 9:38pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ohhhhhh!

Thank you so much for this hint...
I was concerned about that too when I was told they have backlogs cos of cbn blablabla... I even wanted to reconsider telling someone to pay for me from US.

Remain Blessed...

Priceless25:
@VickayThrills Avoid Access bank, try Zenith or fcmb.. Access bank nearly frustrated me last year, you'll wait for months unend and still, nothing gets through.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunfoster: 1:13am On Mar 16, 2021
Good to hear that you have received an unconditional offer, God will perfect the remaining steps.

Please how long did it take you to receive this offer from the application stage?

VickayThrills:
Greetings Fam...

I received my unconditional offer today from UTAS.
I'm glad the process is moving. The border is just what I'm praying for to open on or before July.

I made enquiries at Access Bank and I wasn't given a clear info as regards payment through Form A.

How long those it take to process cos the person said something about them having backlogs.
Again, any idea about the rate and charges?

Thank you...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobianskee: 6:07am On Mar 16, 2021
seunfoster:
Good to hear that you have received an unconditional offer, God will perfect the remaining steps.

Please how long did it take you to receive this offer from the application stage?

Hello guys, I have questions for anyone willing to give me answers.
I studied Mass Communication for my HND and I currently work in a bank as a Teller/Customer Service Officer
What courses (Graduate Certificates and Diploma) do you think i can apply in Australian Unis for with my background ?
Also, I’m willing to write PTE soon, what centres would you recommend based on their equipment?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2021
Thank you...

Well, it all depends on the school. My school didn't take time. They give an offer within one week, 3 to 5 working days at most unless there's an issue.

seunfoster:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by seunfoster: 11:26pm On Mar 16, 2021
VickayThrills:
Thank you...

Well, it all depends on the school. My school didn't take time. They give an offer within one week, 3 to 5 working days at most unless there's an issue.

Great, UTAS you said in your earlier post. I am also applying to the school and my agent told me they started working on it close to three weeks now if not more. With this info now, I think I need to follow up on them more than ever.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 8:16am On Mar 17, 2021
seunfoster:

Great, UTAS you said in your earlier post. I am also applying to the school and my agent told me they started working on it close to three weeks now if not more. With this info now, I think I need to follow up on them more than ever.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 2:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Hmmmm...
Well, I don't know why your application is taking that long cos I didn't experience such.
The only school that broke my heart is Monash, I paid application fee, they acknowledged it but unfortunately they kept saying they can't find my application on their portal.
WSU was the second I applied to and they're also fast, they responded and gave me an offer within a few days of application.

Back to UTAS, they're fast in responds to mail and application from experience.

Do well to follow up your agent and the school if you can...
I followed mine up personally cos agents ain't 100% reliable in following things up from my obversations, but aside that UTAS is fast I must say.

However, I learnt that this covid situation have slowed a lot down. Maybe that might be the reason behind the delay.
I remember mailing the school when I was waiting for mine and they replied that my application was being accessed.

Send a mail, and also have patience... �
seunfoster:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Ikjosh04: 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2021

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 6:13am On Mar 18, 2021
VickayThrills:
Hmmmm...
Well, I don't know why your application is taking that long cos I didn't experience such.
The only school that broke my heart is Monash, I paid application fee, they acknowledged it but unfortunately they kept saying they can't find my application on their portal.
WSU was the second I applied to and they're also fast, they responded and gave me an offer within a few days of application.

Back to UTAS, they're fast in responds to mail and application from experience.

Do well to follow up your agent and the school if you can...
I followed mine up personally cos agents ain't 100% reliable in following things up from my obversations, but aside that UTAS is fast I must say.

However, I learnt that this covid situation have slowed a lot down. Maybe that might be the reason behind the delay.
I remember mailing the school when I was waiting for mine and they replied that my application was being accessed.

Send a mail, and also have patience... �

As you aspire to study in UTAS, note that the region has no jobs. It is the least developed compared to other cities in Aussie.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 6:47am On Mar 18, 2021
Naijabad:

As you aspire to study in UTAS, note that the region has no jobs. It is the least developed compared to other cities in Aussie.
Tasmania is still far ahead of the Northern Territory, despite the limited jobs opportunities some are actually making it big whereas in the big cities, some are still struggling. Everything depend on individual factors and not generic, one more thing is that Tasmania is now the escape route for those onshore struggling to get PR.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 8:01am On Mar 18, 2021
Thank you for this response...

I noticed Tasmania doesn't have opportunities like some other states but I believe nothing is impossible.
Tasmania will favour me as long as I stay there, starting from when I'll get my foots there...

bligs:

Tasmania is still far ahead of the Northern Territory, despite the limited jobs opportunities some are actually making it big whereas in the big cities, some are still struggling. Everything depend on individual factors and not generic, one more thing is that Tasmania is now the escape route for those onshore struggling to get PR.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2021
VickayThrills:
Thank you for this response...

I noticed Tasmania doesn't have opportunities like some other states but I believe nothing is impossible.
Tasmania will favour me as long as I stay there, starting from when I'll get my foots there...

Just make sure that your course is on Tasmania skilled occupation list and you will be eligible for 190 after your two years of study.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
Thank you Sir...

I got two offers from UTAS...
I first applied for Social Work which is what I really want but they gave me an offer with a bridging course to do before the Masters.

I applied again for something close to my Bachelors degree and got the Masters which I want to accept and go with.

However, I plan to switch to the Social Work once I get there because I don't want to apply for my visa with the offer that came with a bridging course.
I just don't want to risk my chances by any means.

Hope I'm not mistaking with the risk of applying for visa with a bridging offer?
Is my move/plan in order?

bligs:

Just make sure that your course is on Tasmania skilled occupation list and you will be eligible for 190 after your two years of study.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 9:09pm On Mar 18, 2021
VickayThrills:
Thank you Sir...

I got two offers from UTAS...
I first applied for Social Work which is what I really want but they gave me an offer with a bridging course to do before the Masters.

I applied again for something close to my Bachelors degree and got the Masters which I want to accept and go with.

However, I plan to switch to the Social Work once I get there because I don't want to apply for my visa with the offer that came with a bridging course.
I just don't want to risk my chances by any means.

Hope I'm not mistaking with the risk of applying for visa with a bridging offer?
Is my move/plan in order?

UTAS social work is a bit competitive maybe that is why they gave you an offer with condition, you can change a program but not within the same school.
PS: Try to get your driving licence and start the process of converting it to Australian licence upon arriving because it will aid in many things and without overseas licence, it will take you years to get a full licence.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 9:32pm On Mar 18, 2021
Okay...

Are you saying that I cannot change to Social Work in UTAS when I arrive?

I'll get my drivers license, I'm on the process already.

Thanks a lot...
bligs:

UTAS social work is a bit competitive maybe that is why they gave you an offer with condition, you can change a program but not within the same school.
PS: Try to get your driving licence and start the process of converting it to Australian licence upon arriving because it will aid in many things and without overseas licence, it will take you years to get a full licence.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 11:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
VickayThrills:
Okay...

Thanks a lot...
You can't change to a different program in the same school unless they're in same faculty, and also not all schools will allow you to change program.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tobianskee: 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2021
bligs:

You can't change to a different program in the same school unless they're in same faculty, and also not all schools will allow you to change program.

Someone should please answer me ? Please !!!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 6:59am On Mar 19, 2021
Okay....

The two offers I got are in the same Faculty...
I'll push for the change once I get there, I don't mind accepting the condition attached with the Social Work. My only concern was to go for the one that gave me a direct Masters from here so as to increase my visa chances.

Thanks a lot Sir....

bligs:

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 2:18am On Mar 20, 2021
VickayThrills:
Okay...

Thanks a lot...
It is preferable you read the UTAS course change strategy/policy

In my university, you can only change after completing one semester, and changing/transferring to another university/course is not easy; you must meet certain requirements.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 2:21am On Mar 20, 2021
tobianskee:

What’s your question
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by VickayThrills: 7:55am On Mar 20, 2021
Good hint...

Let me go look up for it and read immediately...

Thank you sir...

Solitin40:

It is preferable you read the UTAS course change strategy/policy

In my university, you can only change after completing one semester, and changing/transferring to another university/course is not easy; you must meet certain requirements.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sweetas2(m): 11:55am On Mar 20, 2021
Please anyone knows what Is required for Australia transit visa biometric submission at VFS Lagos is yellow card included ? Abeg
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 1:02pm On Mar 20, 2021
Sweetas2:
Please anyone knows what Is required for Australia transit visa biometric submission at VFS Lagos is yellow card included ? Abeg
Transit visa ? Border is not even open yet? Do you think custom will allow you to leave the airport with Nigerian passport?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by kams19(m): 1:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hi guys pls answer me I beg you. is there any Australian school Agent that's free. like I know most UK agents are free. does anyone know any agency that's free of charge
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Sweetas2(m): 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2021
Solitin40:

Transit visa ? Border is not even open yet? Do you think custom will allow you to leave the airport with Nigerian passport?

Is call transit visa subclass 771 stop making fool out of yourself if you know nothing about anything what does border got to do with technical stop research more before you quote me again please abeg jare who Sabi who don visit VFS for transit visa lately
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Sweetas2:

Is call transit visa subclass 771 stop making fool out of yourself if you know nothing about anything what does border got to do with technical stop research more before you quote me again please abeg jare who Sabi who don visit VFS for transit visa lately
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/transit-771
Go through the link, it may help you but you should have used a more appropriate word for the person you quoted because the technical stop is not possible presently as the border have been closed for 1year. The only people that are allow into the country are citizens, PR holders, those with travel exemptions and pilot program organised by states and they must be in quarantine for 14days. So getting a transit visa for just 72hours presently is near impossible as you won't be allow to stay in the country for such period, and also the country only welcomes approved airlines at a given time with provision for quarantine for those on board.

tobianskee:

Honestly your situation is a bit dicey, Mass communication is not on the Skilled assessment list and getting a visa to study graduate certificate or diploma course from naija is a bit hard, and also no Uni will offer you post graduate degree with HND. Maybe you should look towards another country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.