Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1255591 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Oviebright: 7:38am On Feb 20, 2022
Please I'd like to apply to Griffith University. But this is showing.

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by queensleyq: 8:08am On Feb 20, 2022
I need quick accommodation fix in Tasmania for family.
Can anyone assist with contact please?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ayobamiakinrind(m): 9:51am On Feb 20, 2022
Oviebright:

I'm not sure a Nigerian can apply from Nigeria without contracting an agent.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gsalvatore: 10:47am On Feb 20, 2022
Oviebright:
You have to go through agent.

I applied since 3rd February, yet to get admission till now. They now usually take 4 to 5 weeks to process and respond according to them.

Anyone here applied to Griffith University this year with similar outcome
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Oviebright: 1:51pm On Feb 20, 2022
Please can a Nigerian apply to Australian schools without using an education agent. Because I’ve come across 3 universities that requires an education agent support in applying. I’d appreciate an urgent response
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by queensleyq: 5:20pm On Feb 20, 2022
Oviebright:
Please can a Nigerian apply to Australian schools without using an education agent. Because I’ve come across 3 universities that requires an education agent support in applying. I’d appreciate an urgent response

I Think Nigerian students are expected to go through an agent....it always ends in using agent but you can monitor your application and progress even with an agent since it's school requirement.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mike365: 5:39am On Feb 21, 2022
Depends on the school. Schools like UniMelb, UNSW, Monash etc allows the applicant apply by themselves
Oviebright:
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Vincentosa: 8:11am On Feb 21, 2022
...as well ass University of Tasmania & University of Technology, Sydney

Mike365:
Depends on the school. Schools like UniMelb, UNSW, Monash etc allows the applicant apply by themselves
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by stifo2012: 3:14am On Feb 22, 2022
check this site for accommodation https://www.realestate.com.au/rent/

queensleyq:

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tyosho: 9:46am On Feb 22, 2022
Hi guys ,

Please is anyone coming to Australia soon ? I need help with bringing in some clothes I sewed in Lagos . I’m happy to cover the costs of what it weighs in kg and a little extra .

Kindly dm me please .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdurrazaq(m): 3:43pm On Feb 22, 2022
Raymum:

Did 19hr stopover in Istanbul and 2hrs+ in Bangkok on that trip. Maybe the one you saw is different. If you are worried about the long layover you can call the Airline for clarification

Alternatively, check if Qatar has a fair price at the moment

Hello

I am planning my trip to Australia on a tight budget therefore considering Turkey Airline. While transiting through Turkey and Bangkok, did you have transit visa for any of these countries? I need to know beforehand to avoid issues after the ticket is booked.

Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Muquadam(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2022
Mike365:

What about University of Western Australia (UWA)?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by pemilabelle: 6:08pm On Feb 22, 2022
Please is there a Nigerian Wattsap group for people in Sydney? Or Uni Newcastle Sydney campus?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kess2020: 10:45pm On Feb 22, 2022
gsalvatore:

You have to go through agent.

I applied since 3rd February, yet to get admission till now. They now usually take 4 to 5 weeks to process and respond according to them.

Anyone here applied to Griffith University this year with similar outcome

An agent told me they take up to 4-6 weeks for offer letters.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Mike365: 12:51am On Feb 23, 2022
I think you can apply directly or use agent. They offer both options. Please confirm from their website.
Muquadam:

What about University of Western Australia (UWA)?

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bruxxels: 7:41am On Feb 23, 2022
queensleyq:

Deeper Life Bible Church Tasmania
+61 0469785 437, 0404 545 126

launceston​@dclm-au.org

They may be of help to you.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Kimikenzy: 10:54am On Feb 23, 2022
Please is there a WhatsApp group for Nigerians in Western Australia. I’d like to be added up. I’m arriving Curtin in a couple of weeks time.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 11:05am On Feb 23, 2022
Who is in Brisbane?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by abdurrazaq(m): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2022
Raymum:

Anyone booking Turkish Air to Aussie should select the following route: Nigeria(Abj/Lag)> Istanbul> Bangkok-Sydney

Singapore route is a 'No' for now, if u mistakenly pick Sigapore route you be ask at the Airport in Naija to pay approximately 80K Naira (out of pocket) to change route.

Note: Turkish Air won't refund you 'shi shi'
Thailand route is very good, use it and thank me later.

Hello

I am planning my trip to Australia on a tight budget therefore considering Turkey Airline. While transiting through Turkey and Bangkok, did you have transit visa for any of these countries? I need to know beforehand to avoid issues after the ticket is booked.

Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TheBoy95: 1:39pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kimikenzy:
Please is there a WhatsApp group for Nigerians in Western Australia. I’d like to be added up. I’m arriving Curtin in a couple of weeks time.

I'm in Curtin too. I don't think there's any WhatsApp group here. My transition has been cool because Angels came for me (I may tell the story later).
Goodluck on your trip.
Great you plan to arrive later. Means you'll not have to quarantine

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 3:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
abdurrazaq:

Hello

Turkish Airlines
Transiting thru Singapore requires Transit Visa (unless there was a recent change); transiting Istanbul and Bangkok to Australia do not require Transit Visa.

Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donforeign: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2022
abdurrazaq:

Hello

Thank you
I don't know but my girlfriend had issues in Lagos airport because Qatar airline said they don't allow nigerians to transit in honkgong, Singapore etc because they don't recognize nigeria covid card or so.. so her ticket was useless and Qatar airline said they can't do anything about it. So we had to buy a fresh direct ticket without transit for her a week after i.e from Lagos to Qatar and Qatar to Melbourne. It was expensive ...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donforeign: 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2022
TheBoy95:

I'm in Curtin too. I don't think there's any WhatsApp group here. My transition has been cool because Angels came for me (I may tell the story later).
Goodluck on your trip.
Great you plan to arrive later. Means you'll not have to quarantine
did you enter with student visa ? What is the best job to do in Australia ?.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donforeign: 6:13pm On Feb 23, 2022
Am new here mhen and I really want to go to Australia. I have ND in mineral resources engineering. I don't know how to even start the process. I have save up to 4mil, don't know if it's enough. Please I need your help family. Help a brother
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 7:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
donforeign:
Am new here mhen and I really want to go to Australia. I have ND in mineral resources engineering. I don't know how to even start the process. I have save up to 4mil, don't know if it's enough. Please I need your help family. Help a brother

I'm going to assume that having ND means you're relatively young (perhaps in ur twenties), if that's the case, U may want to explore the route of a Diploma (e.g Diploma in Nursing, Diploma of Community Service, etc.)

because your budget is slim, U want to invest carefully and smartly from the onset and not consider course change as per PR ( choice Ur course wisely)

The other thing to do is to be ready to put in the work/research and ask relevant questions along the way- trust me, this thread has the pretty face humanity...

If you choose this part, I would suggest U apply for your visa by 'yasef' to save cost- you can do it, nothing dey dia.

If you need help with list of documents and GTE proofreading and someone to critique GTE statement, I might be able to 'one time's

Finally, I have observed that Nigerians hardly get Aussie Visa via Diploma courses OR maybe because we are highly educated or amass degrees so Diploma isn't common.

BUT, you never know...

Note: I suggested Diploma because it's less expensive, reduced Proof of fund and you can also pay your way thru easy...

If you bliv and put the work, your dreams will walk ...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 8:07pm On Feb 23, 2022
Kimikenzy:

Google 'Nigerian Association of WA'
It's the umbrella body for Nigerians in WA. I gathered, the youth wing has a WhatsApp group...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donforeign: 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2022
Raymum:

I'm going to assume that having ND means you're relatively young (perhaps in ur twenties), if that's the case, U may want to explore the route of a Diploma (e.g Diploma in Nursing, Diploma of Community Service, etc.)

because your budget is slim, U want to invest carefully and smartly from the onset and not consider course change as per PR ( choice Ur course wisely)

The other thing to do is to be ready to put in the work/research and ask relevant questions along the way- trust me, this thread has the pretty face humanity...

If you choose this part, I would suggest U apply for your visa by 'yasef' to save cost- you can do it, nothing dey dia.

If you need help with list of documents and GTE proofreading and someone to critique GTE statement, I might be able to 'one time's

Finally, I have observed that Nigerians hardly get Aussie Visa via Diploma courses OR maybe because we are highly educated or amass degrees so Diploma isn't common.

BUT, you never know...

Note: I suggested Diploma because it's less expensive, reduced Proof of fund and you can also pay your way thru easy...

If you bliv and put the work, your dreams will walk ...

the agent I met said the same thing concerning the diploma course but she said she can help me with bsc result with transcript with necessary document but I will have to pay. She said if I have 6.5mil, it will be enough for griffin. So I don't really know how to apply for this myself and I will be 29 by September. For now I have been able to save almost 4m. Thanks for taking your time to respond
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by TheBoy95: 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2022
donforeign:
did you enter with student visa ? What is the best job to do in Australia ?.

I certainly don't know the best job. Yes I'm a student
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donforeign: 9:58pm On Feb 23, 2022
TheBoy95:

I certainly don't know the best job. Yes I'm a student

re u online student or campus?
how much did u use for the student visa??
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Raymum: 12:05am On Feb 24, 2022
donforeign:
the agent I met said the same thing concerning the diploma course but she said she can help me with bsc result with transcript with necessary document but I will have to pay. She said if I have 6.5mil, it will be enough for griffin. So I don't really know how to apply for this myself and I will be 29 by September. For now I have been able to save almost 4m. Thanks for taking your time to respond

As in, you wan use Oluwole apply to Australian University ? I dey help you laugh/cry.

I'm out of here...
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by donforeign: 12:15am On Feb 24, 2022
Raymum:

As in, you wan use Oluwole apply to Australian University ? I dey help you laugh/cry.

I'm out of here...
what are you saying bro? You no add any meaningful tin to the post .. if you get tangigle info u should say..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nicholechole: 3:59am On Feb 24, 2022
Yes, I do agree with it, it's very tricky when applying visa to Australia or wanna study overseas without an agent nowadays. I use one trusted migration agent based in Perth who make my application granted.. you may check this https://onederland.com.au/
ayobamiakinrind:

I'm not sure a Nigerian can apply from Nigeria without contracting an agent.

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (688) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.