Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1252637 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OgogoroDegree: 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2022
MumFlo:
Good evening all
Please, I need clarification on this oshc issue
My oshc starts February 2023,but I'll be arriving Australia in two weeks time, I have been trying to get the insurance company to extend my insurance cover but they said I shouldn't worry about it, that when I arrive Australia I'll activate my insurance and pay for the extra months,I asked if there won't be issues at immigration,they said I should call them or show the immigration officer our mails. I'm really worried. Just want to know if I would be allowed entry without any issues at the immigration border.

Nawa ooo
Try update the house on your application process and timeline naaa.
Make we learn too

Documents submitted is not bad too
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aeeshcrystal(f): 7:21am On Nov 20, 2022
Good morning all. I have been following this thread for a while, tried to go back in time to read some helpful posts, yet, I have not been able to find the answers....

I have been admitted to University of New south Wales for February start. I have to pay about $7700 Aud for my family's health insurance. Can someone guide me on how to go about it? Cos black market rate alone is showing me that this costs millions of naira. Is there an alternative to this OSHC. Probably purchasing a health insurance in Nigeria that may cover us over there. Secondly, is there anyone with AUD dollars willing to help. I have posted my interest on a post yesterday and even dm'ed someone last week from this thread but it seems they are not really keen to help anyone (non responsive). I will also like to know if there's any other insurance that is cheaper than medibank. One Allianz is also showing me a very high rate. Sadly. Please help!

In addition, what are the advantages of studying in Australia, do Nigerians get employed without any form of discrimination? My course is international relations.

Thank you and God bless you as you attempt to assist me with helpful responses. �
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 10:16pm On Nov 20, 2022
Fescoblack:
Hell fams. I just left USA group now after 2 Denial . Pls any body with info how how to get started here. Is it the same as the USA?

You at the right place. Please take your time and read part 1 to 3. Everything you want is already answered. It is not the same process with USA.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 6:49am On Nov 21, 2022
aeeshcrystal:
Good morning all. I have been following this thread for a while, tried to go back in time to read some helpful posts, yet, I have not been able to find the answers....

I have been admitted to University of New south Wales for February start. I have to pay about $7700 Aud for my family's health insurance. Can someone guide me on how to go about it? Cos black market rate alone is showing me that this costs millions of naira. Is there an alternative to this OSHC. Probably purchasing a health insurance in Nigeria that may cover us over there. Secondly, is there anyone with AUD dollars willing to help. I have posted my interest on a post yesterday and even dm'ed someone last week from this thread but it seems they are not really keen to help anyone (non responsive). I will also like to know if there's any other insurance that is cheaper than medibank. One Allianz is also showing me a very high rate. Sadly. Please help!

In addition, what are the advantages of studying in Australia, do Nigerians get employed without any form of discrimination? My course is international relations.

Thank you and God bless you as you attempt to assist me with helpful responses. �
Even CBN rate is going to show you millions hahaha, the best way for you to reduce this is get a quote from your Uni and you can use form A to pay both your school and health insurance together

Use this link https://oshcaustralia.com.au/en to compare cheap health insurance for your family

You can only use government approved health insurance provider for OSHC meaning you can’t use those health insurance in Nigeria

Yes you will get a job without discrimination

What’s your plan for PR ? because I don’t think International relations is on the PR list

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Steven7: 1:39pm On Nov 21, 2022
Good afternoon house.
Please can anyone confirm to me if university of New South Wales Kensington campus is or is not in regional area...

I really need a response so I can be guided.
Asking for the seek of PR as my choice of course is on the list.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by aeeshcrystal(f): 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2022
Solitin40:

Even CBN rate is going to show you millions hahaha, the best way for you to reduce this is get a quote from your Uni and you can use form A to pay both your school and health insurance together

Use this link https://oshcaustralia.com.au/en to compare cheap health insurance for your family

You can only use government approved health insurance provider for OSHC meaning you can’t use those health insurance in Nigeria

Yes you will get a job with discrimination

What’s your plan for PR ? because I don’t think International relations is on the PR list

Thanks for this helpful response.
Ummm, I don't have much knowledge on Australian PR. I'll just read up before making my decision. I moved my radar to Australia after US embassy served me breakfast. sad

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2022
aeeshcrystal:

Thanks for this helpful response.
Ummm, I'm don't have much knowledge on Australian PR. I'll just read up before making my decision. I moved my radar to Australia after US embassy served me breakfast. sad

Hot or cold breakfast grin grin
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lordkratos: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2022
Steven7:
Good afternoon house.
Please can anyone confirm to me if university of New South Wales Kensington campus is or is not in regional area...

I really need a response so I can be guided.
Asking for the seek of PR as my choice of course is on the list.
Sorry mate, Kensington is in Sydney city. Not qualified for a regional postcode
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tst123: 7:33am On Nov 22, 2022
Please house,

If one got admission to Australia school without ietls, is it a must to do it for visa application! Thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by mekmolly: 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2022
Good evening house, please is or are there anyone in the house who has previously obtained fully funded scholarship from RMIT university. I just got my offer for a fully funded scholarship (PhD).

Please I need to talk to someone so as to enable me get better clarifications as well as guidance.

You can reach me on;
Plus eight six. One. Six. Six. Two. Two. Seven. Six. Zero. Two. Nine. Seven.

OR

Mekmolly at gmail dot com

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 6:46pm On Nov 22, 2022
Tst123:
Please house,

If one got admission to Australia school without ietls, is it a must to do it for visa application! Thanks for your response

YES but for IMMIGRATION purposes.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 8:59am On Nov 24, 2022
Hello everyone. Pls I want to clarify ;

- If my CV work experiences/history that I plan to submit for GTE assessment is completely different from the CV that I submitted to my university for admission offer, will it be a serious problem for GTE assessment?

- Will the GTE officer reach out to the university to know if my CV from the university is corresponding with the CV that I am presenting for GTE?

- If one has worked (paid job & unpaid) and has volunteered (unpaid) over the last 6 years, will GTE officials ask for your payslips or bank statements of 4 years ago or 6 years ago?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2022
ocpaschal:
Hello everyone. Pls I want to clarify ;

- If my CV work experiences/history that I plan to submit for GTE assessment is completely different from the CV that I submitted to my university for admission offer, will it be a serious problem for GTE assessment?

- Will the GTE officer reach out to the university to know if my CV from the university is corresponding with the CV that I am presenting for GTE?

- If one has worked (paid job & unpaid) and has volunteered (unpaid) over the last 6 years, will GTE officials ask for your payslips or bank statements of 4 years ago or 6 years ago?

1. NO. But I will advise you, don't complicate things for yourself.

2. NO

3. NO
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by WestAfrican: 9:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
aeeshcrystal:

I need dollars to pay health insurance.

Sorry for the late reply. Been really busy. Can get it done for you. Email and and we'll take it from there.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 4everEdward(m): 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2022
Please who knows the app to change Aud to naira here in Australia please can someone pls recommend
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 24, 2022
4everEdward:
Please who knows the app to change Aud to naira here in Australia please can someone pls recommend

Cosmoremit and Tayrex (black market rate)
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ocpaschal: 11:15pm On Nov 24, 2022
afam4life:

1. NO. But I will advise you, don't complicate things for yourself.

2. NO

3. NO
Are you sure about the second question and esp the third one? I once heard from someone that claimed she was asked to present her bank statement of several years ago to prove she worked there
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 10:09am On Nov 25, 2022
Ope o, Oluwa ti se o

It's the Lord's doing and it's marvelous in our eyes

Application lodged: October 30
Visa granted: November 23

Course: MPH
University: FedUni
Campus: Berwick
Intake: February 2023

May we all be favoured on this journey �

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OgogoroDegree: 10:19am On Nov 25, 2022
OAOA:
Ope o, Oluwa ti se o

Congratulations,
Please share with the thread on documents submitted and any other vital info.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Lushbaby: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2022
[quote author=OAOA post=118669105]Ope o, Oluwa ti se o

May we all be favoured on this journey � congratulations

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by afam4life(m): 10:50am On Nov 25, 2022
ocpaschal:
Are you sure about the second question and esp the third one? I once heard from someone that claimed she was asked to present her bank statement of several years ago to prove she worked there

Yes.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 11:43am On Nov 25, 2022
OgogoroDegree:

Congratulations,
Please share with the thread on documents submitted and any other vital info.
Thanks

Statement of Purpose
CV
Statement of Accounts (mine and sponsors)
Sponsors' ID, relationship (birth) certificates
Letters (Employment, Reference, Sponsorship, Study Approval)
Certificates (Marriage, Education, Medical - Yellow Card)
International Passport

COVID19 vaccination card not necessary

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Tykoone: 2:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
Congratulations, all glory be to God. Yes, I'm favoured
OAOA:
Ope o, Oluwa ti se o

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by franciscochime: 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2022
Congrats brother, when was your biometric and medicals.....................
OAOA:
Ope o, Oluwa ti se o

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 3:00pm On Nov 26, 2022
franciscochime:
Congrats brother, when was your biometric and medicals.....................

November 2
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Alexyswiss(m): 3:57pm On Nov 26, 2022
Wow. Congrats. This was really fast. Less than a month. shocked

Doing biometrics on monday, I pray mine comes out before January too. cool

OAOA:
Ope o, Oluwa ti se o

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Winnerpoks: 5:48pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please can you tell me how much it costs to study in Australia on average

Tykoone:
Congratulations, all glory be to God. Yes, I'm favoured
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Winnerpoks: 5:49pm On Nov 26, 2022
Please how much on average does it cost in naira to study in Australia? Tution and POF?

OAOA:
Ope o, Oluwa ti se o

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
Is your medicals done?

Success awaits you wink

Alexyswiss:
Wow. Congrats. This was really fast. Less than a month. shocked

Doing biometrics on monday, I pray mine comes out before January too. cool

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 7:04pm On Nov 26, 2022
This is subject to the course and school

Winnerpoks:
Please how much on average does it cost in naira to study in Australia? Tution and POF?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Alexyswiss(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2022
Thank you smiley

Yes. I did medical early this month. It updated on my health application.

OAOA:
Is your medicals done?

Success awaits you wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.