Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,934 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1250847 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 8:30am On Dec 06, 2022
Naijabad:
A friend of mine is in dilemma and has asked me give advice him on what do.

I'm confused myself, hence I'm bringing this here for those who are experienced to give their candid opinion.

My friend sent his wife to Australia 2 years ago on a student visa. He stayed back with the children and has been taking proper care of them since the wife left. The children are aged 10 and 8. The first child is in primary 6 and will enter secondary school next year. The second child, a boy, is in primary 4 and will move to primary 5 next year.

My friend's wifey just obtained her PR last month courtesy of one company she worked for and which nominated her.

Now the dilemma.

MY friends wifey wants the family to join her. The children are eager to move to Australia. But my friend is skeptical.
His skepticism comes from two main factors: 1) he is 49 Years, 2) He is gainfully ( by Nigerian Standard) employed. Takes home about N900k per month working for a private company.

My friend will not be able to support the family abroad if he is to allow the children to move to Australia while he remains in Nigeria. EG if he sends AUD 1500, a month to them ( which is about N750K), it wont be able to pay the children's school fees let alone feed.

My friend want to know whether to join the family and do any menial or odd jobs he can lay hands on and at least be able to join hands withd the wifey and see the children through university is Australia. Which to him will be a landmark achievement in life.

Please advice.

Government schools are free for dependants of Permanent resident till year 12 which is equivalent to our SS 3.
The kids will be eligible for HECS (Uni students loan) payable whenever they start working and earning certain amount.
So, the above shouldn't be an issue.

Your friend should apply along with his wife, apply for leave in his workplace and come to Australia to explore whether he will be able to integrate into the system before resignation.

Personally, I will choose Australia over Nigeria again and again even with more than 2million naira monthly income.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fredozki(m): 8:37am On Dec 06, 2022
Hello guys please I need your input regarding this scenario. I recently got a scholarship to Australia and my start date is May 2023. Am planning to apply for visa before the end of this December with my current passport which will expire October 2023.

I have already paid for passport renewal and my date of capturing is January 2023. I was told that the new passport will have a new passport number however that my data will be migrated to it.

Please will this have any implications with my Australian visa application now and in the future?, Should I suspend this process now?. Please i need your urgent advice guys.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bligs: 9:23am On Dec 06, 2022
Fredozki:
Hello guys please I need your input regarding this scenario. I recently got a scholarship to Australia and my start date is May 2023. Am planning to apply for visa before the end of this December with my current passport which will expire October 2023.

I have already paid for passport renewal and my date of capturing is January 2023. I was told that the new passport will have a new passport number however that my data will be migrated to it.

Please will this have any implications with my Australian visa application now and in the future?, Should I suspend this process now?. Please i need your urgent advice guys.

Thanks.

No issue whatsoever as there's a section on immi account for details update.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chatam: 10:33am On Dec 06, 2022
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chatam: 10:56am On Dec 06, 2022
smiley smiley
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fredozki(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2022
Thanks �

bligs:

No issue whatsoever as there's a section on immi account for details update.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dstake: 1:35pm On Dec 06, 2022
Please I need an advice, I have been researching about Australia but I need some advice especially from anyone living in Australia. I intend to apply for a master's degree program in electrical engineering in January. Please I would like to know if electrical engineering is a good course to study in Australia, are there jobs for electrical engineers. Also, which province or state has more of this jobs so I can target any school within that locality while applying. Note I studied electrical/electronic engineering and have been working as a HSE personnel for eight yrs.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2022
Over there

wentroublecomes:

Thanks for your quick response
Do u mean d postgraduate diploma will be done here in naija or oversea?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Dolaqueen: 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2022
Hello guys! Please I’m new on this thread, I want to start my Australia school application process, please what’s the first steps? Please!!!

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chatam: 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2022
ANY INPUT ON THIS WILL BE APPRECIATED
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 6:13pm On Dec 06, 2022
What options do you have when you click the dropdown arrow?

chatam:

ANY INPUT ON THIS WILL BE APPRECIATED
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chatam: 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2022
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gsalvatore: 10:01am On Dec 07, 2022
Raymum:

Answer: Non.
please I need info on refund of tuition.

I want to apply for refund and the school is saying they can't pay it into an Australian bank account I provided. They are planing to send it back to Nigeria and that will come back at CBN rate...

I need advice..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by gsalvatore: 11:34am On Dec 07, 2022
Please I need advice..
I applied for a refund of tuition and gave them an Australian bank account to send the tuition so I can reapply for another school with it.

The school is telling me now that they can't payback the tuition to any Australian acc, that I will have to provide an account that is in the country I'm applying from, which is Nigeria.

I don't want the tuition to be sent back because the will use CBN rates to send it which will obviously affect the value.

Has anyone been in this situation? Please experienced folks should help me out here..

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Alexyswiss(m): 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Rules is rules, did you read the fees and charges policy?

They can only refund to the country which you paid from.

gsalvatore:
Please I need advice..
I applied for a refund of tuition and gave them an Australian bank account to send the tuition so I can reapply for another school with it.

The school is telling me now that they can't payback the tuition to any Australian acc, that I will have to provide an account that is in the country I'm applying from, which is Nigeria.

I don't want the tuition to be sent back because the will use CBN rates to send it which will obviously affect the value.

Has anyone been in this situation? Please experienced folks should help me out here..
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by floboyza: 12:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
Hi Guys, Please I need advice from those that are well-informed on this matter. I have an accounting degree and would like to study a course with PR pathway. But my study agent suggests that I apply for masters in Accounting first so I can easily get my study visa and then change course in Australia.

My question is can I change course in Australia after applying for my master's in Accounting to Social Work for example in the same school?
Any advice on this will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2022
chatam:

Try to leave out that place and see if it won't affect filling the form
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
What if one paid with an account from the US �� or UK ��?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2022
floboyza:
Hi Guys, Please I need advise from those that are well-informed on this matter. I have an accounting degree and would like to study a course with PR pathway. But my study agent suggests that I apply for masters in Accounting first so I can easily get my study visa and then change course in Australia.

My question is can I change course in Australia after applying for my master's in Accounting to Social Work for example in the same school?
Any advise on this will be appreciated. Thank you

What if one paid with an account from the US or UK?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by muhammedhammed: 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
I also applied for a refund from Torrens and I gave Australian Acc. No response yet.
When did you submit your refund application? And if you modify the account details would they start the process all over again…?
gsalvatore:
Please I need advice..

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:00pm On Dec 07, 2022
gsalvatore:
Please I need advice..

Sorry mate there’s nothing you can do here. You paid with CBN rate you get your refund back in CBN rate.

Unis do this to prevent scam/fraud/laundering

When you get admitted into another University apply for Form A again
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Solitin40: 11:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
OAOA:

What if one paid with an account from the US or UK?
Always read Terms and Conditions

You getting refund back to the account you paid with. Refunds don’t go to 3rd party accounts

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Rhodsho: 8:44am On Dec 08, 2022
floboyza:
Hi Guys, Please I need advice from those that are well-informed on this matter. I have an accounting degree and would like to study a course with PR pathway. But my study agent suggests that I apply for masters in Accounting first so I can easily get my study visa and then change course in Australia.

Yes, get the visa first. it’s becomes easier if the school offers social work too. A lot of people do that.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 8:49am On Dec 08, 2022
floboyza:

Yes you can. But, I learnt recently that you must complete the cause that brought you to Australia.

I don't know how true it is. Let those knowledgeable in this regard advice.

Again, you should know that you have yo do a bridging course for like 6 months before you can move directly to social Work.

It cost about 15k AUD for the bridging course.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 8:52am On Dec 08, 2022
Solitin40:

Always read Terms and Conditions

You getting refund back to the account you paid with. Refunds don’t go to 3rd party accounts

Suppose he elects to transfer the money into paying another student's fees in Aussie, won't it be allowed?

I was about asking him to pay someone's fees in Aussie and we can agree on the Naira equivalent.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by franciscochime: 2:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
gsalvatore:
Please I need advice..

I was in a similar situation in June when my then school stopped my COE due to issues with processing visa for married applicant in my region. I requested for my refund and opened a Euro Account and I sent the euro account details, sort codes etc to the school and they sent back my tuition in Euros. So go to your bank and open a euro dorm account, you will receive the money in it. Also write a letter explaining to the school that the account you are submitting is a euro account that it receives only euro, and Naira will not be credited into it. Ensure that the account is yours, with your account name tallying with your school registration name.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by franciscochime: 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Naijabad:

Suppose he elects to transfer the money into paying another student's fees in Aussie, won't it be allowed?

I was about asking him to pay someone's fees in Aussie and we can agree on the Naira equivalent.

You do not know why his admission was nullified and you want the fees to be transfered to you?............You might inherit his liabilities and become marked by immigration.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Naijabad: 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
franciscochime:

You do not know why his admission was nullified and you want the fees to be transfered to you?............You might inherit his liabilities and become marked by immigration.

Thanks for your submission. I didn't look at it from that angle.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Fredozki(m): 7:39pm On Dec 08, 2022
Can I dm you? I also got a fully funded PhD scholarship in Australia to resume April 2023

Zykore:
Good evening everyone.

I got a fully funded scholarship for PhD from the University of Queensland.
I received my CoE since Oct 18th 2022 for a commencement date of April 1st 2023.

The school also provided OSHC starting March 1st 2023.

My agent has said that I cannot lodge a visa application until 3months to the commencement date.

Is this true?
Do i have to wait till January 2023 to apply for student visa?

I'm ready to lodge my application this December. If I go ahead and apply 4 months to my commencement date, would there be an issue?

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tochi0155: 11:19pm On Dec 08, 2022
please can someone help with the site, Instagram or contact of a reliable agent ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by tochi0155: 11:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
OAOA:

1 and 2: I'm not sure if you'd be considered directly for Masters although some would prefer you go for a bridging course like postgraduate diploma course before the Masters

3: Yes, you can but most schools prefer you go through their agents as they'd assist in proper documentation and the likes

4: Google to the rescue here

please do you have contact of any reliable agent ?
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by OAOA: 9:43am On Dec 09, 2022
tochi0155:

please do you have contact of any reliable agent ?

admissions at oaastudy dot com

(1) (2) (3) ... (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.