Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,485 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (1253395 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (687) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by In2systemsTech(m): 9:39am On Aug 20, 2017
My story....

Never had Australia in mind...

Saw the Australian awards programme decided to give it a shot...

was selected for a short course program, fully funded.. (flight, tuition, per diem, accommodation, insurance )

went for biometric at tlscontact, less than 9days visa granted

flight itinerary has also been released to me

will be at Queensland University Brisbane by September 3rd for a 1month short course (I do not intend to overstay my visa)

Just help me thank God and I pray he grant everyone here their visa

AMEN

Anyone here in Brisbane?

11 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Asoasoaso: 11:08am On Aug 20, 2017
In2systemsTech:
My story....

was selected for a short course program, fully funded.. (flight, tuition, per diem, accommodation, insurance )

will be at Queensland University Brisbane by September 3rd for a 1month short course (I do not intend to overstay my visa)

AMEN

Anyone here in Brisbane?

Less than 9days visa granted?? congratulations

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by In2systemsTech(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2017
Asoasoaso:

Less than 9days visa granted?? congratulations
Thanks... it's from the DFAT, I believe that's why
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by chimax1(m): 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2017
santity100:

You cannot put through and dont waste your chance by applying with that SOA
what amount will suffice for SOA bro
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by lusen(m): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2017
In2systemsTech:
My story....

AMEN

Anyone here in Brisbane?

congratulations!
As regards the Australian award program you were selected for, i will like to know more about it. shed more light pls so others might want to give it a shot too.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2017
My two cents as usual, brace up folks, I observed something and I came to the conclusion that construction project manager as a PR route can't be erased from the SOL any time soon, even after the new updated SOL, I could still find it there. What am saying is that more and more people are moving into Australia from time to time, there is gona be an expansion in housing, manufacturing and IT and other facilities in the coming years to come, for this fact I advice you to pick project management or better still construction project management as a course both as a Bsc or Masters or even top up to master as the case may be. Please note am not trying to advertise the course but only that I did a small survey in that aspect. For all other PR courses, good luck with it because at the end we shall all smile. Always make sure your top up to masters is 2yrs altogether biko, so that you will have another 2years to recover all your tuition fees spent and even earn more. This is my two cents. Thank you for your time and patience. For all expecting visa grant include me, we shall all smile at last as long as you remain determined. Your addition, subtraction, multiplication and division is welcomed on my small survey noni.

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by STAugustineOf13(m): 6:40pm On Aug 20, 2017
In2systemsTech:
My story....

AMEN

Anyone here in Brisbane?

1 month?
Baba, seems like You like long journey.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by onlyme07(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2017
lusen:

congratulations!
As regards the Australian award program you were selected for, i will like to know more about it. shed more light pls so others might want to give it a shot too.

Application closed.

http://www.australiaawardsafrica.org/african-countries/nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by In2systemsTech(m): 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2017
STAugustineOf13:

1 month?
Baba, seems like You like long journey.?

yeah will be going to Kenya after... actually need the certificate and knowledge...

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by MrFuckallday: 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2017
HonNellymike12:
My two cents as usual, brace up folks, I observed something and I came to the conclusion that construction project manager as a PR route can't be erased from the SOL any time soon, even after the new updated SOL, I could still find it there. What am saying is that more and more people are moving into Australia from time to time, there is gona be an expansion in housing, manufacturing and IT and other facilities in the coming years to come, for this fact I advice you to pick project management or better still construction project management as a course both as a Bsc or Masters or even top up to master as the case may be. Please note am not trying to advertise the course but only that I did a small survey in that aspect. For all other PR courses, good luck with it because at the end we shall all smile. Always make sure your top up to masters is 2yrs altogether biko, so that you will have another 2years to recover all your tuition fees spent and even earn more. This is my two cents. Thank you for your time and patience. For all expecting visa grant include me, we shall all smile at last as long as you remain determined. Your addition, subtraction, multiplication and division is welcomed on my small survey noni.
Spot on. Exactly what my agent advised
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by bellong: 5:14am On Aug 21, 2017
Who is a student of ECU on this thread?

We can meet over coffee at building 6 or Arirang cafe.

Let me know when it is convenient this week.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:03am On Aug 21, 2017
bellong:

Famous belling. Make we even meet ya. I will send a PM
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by shevydinho(m): 8:39am On Aug 21, 2017
bellong:
good day, how's life in Perth will love to know if naija people full there.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by STAugustineOf13(m): 9:09am On Aug 21, 2017
In2systemsTech:

yeah will be going to Kenya after... actually need the certificate and knowledge...

One good thing about this is that, once you've been to the country and didn't violate your visa or any law, whenever you re-apply, you'll be having 99.8% chance of getting it.

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 1:18pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hey guys ..happy new week!

Please kindly assist.
I just got an offer for masters of education.. But on checking the school's website some days later, I found another course which has just been introduced and which I prefer (masters of secondary teaching) What are my chances of changing courses successfully.
Thank you .
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Cottyekundayo(m): 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2017
joephemzyz:

Please kindly assist.
I just got an offer for masters of education.. But on checking the school's website some days later, I found another course which has just been introduced and which I prefer (masters of secondary teaching) What are my chances of changing courses successfully.
Thank you .
Send an email to the school or just repeat the same application process again. It is usually easy

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by joephemzyz(m): 5:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
Cottyekundayo:

Send an email to the school or just repeat the same application process again. It is usually easy

Thanks broski smiley
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crownnygold: 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2017
Please i need help my cousin wants to apply for masters in any Aussie university that can accept third class and affordable or any university diploma... Thanks!
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by crownnygold: 5:12pm On Aug 21, 2017
Please any suggestion good people
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2017
Good evening all. I have gotten my Yellow card today and that took less than 5 minutes.
Please, I want to ask. Hope the Yellow fever Vaccination is all that is needed because the health officer was pressuring me to take polio as well.
Should I go for medicals first then followed by Biometric? .
Please answer me . Thank you all.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2017
Albion05:
Good evening all. I have gotten my Yellow card today and that took less than 5 minutes.
Please, I want to ask. Hope the Yellow fever Vaccination is all that is needed because the health officer was pressuring me to take polio as well.

Oga go back and get polio vaccination, the doctor will ask for them when you wana do the medicals, after then u can proceed to apply and do biometrics after visa application. Hope my two cents will help u through.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Bekeem(f): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2017
Albion05:

Kindly go back for the polio vaccination. That is the koko of the matter.

1 Like

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 6:26pm On Aug 21, 2017
Thanks my dear. I have had the polio vaccine before in the hospital but no card was issued for it then. My point is 1, the polio vaccine duration is 6months and am leaving by January. The polio vaccine is it a must to take it like the yellow fever that I took Which has a duration of 10 years.
HonNellymike12:

Oga go back and get polio vaccination, the doctor will ask for them when you wana do the medicals, after then u can proceed to apply and do biometrics after visa application. Hope my two cents will help u through.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by STAugustineOf13(m): 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2017
Albion05:
Thanks my dear. I have had the polio vaccine before in the hospital but no card was issued for it then. My point is 1, the polio vaccine duration is 6months and am leaving by January. The polio vaccine is it a must to take it like the yellow fever that I took Which has a duration of 10 years.

Before they issue you that Yellow card, they supposed to do both Polio and Yellow fever for you and pen it down inside that card.

Maybe you went there and started telling them that you've done polio before-before cheesy

Guy, if you enter without polio card, them go handle you like person wey convey Ebola to Airport oo0 grin

2 Likes

Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2017
Ok thanks.
STAugustineOf13:

Before they issue you that Yellow card, they supposed to do both Polio and Yellow fever for you and pen it down inside that card.

Maybe you went there and started telling them that you've done polio before-before cheesy

Guy, if you enter without polio card, them go handle you like person wey convey Ebola to Airport oo0 grin
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by HonNellymike12(m): 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2017
This Oga dey ask too much questions ooo, go and get the polio vaccination period, or u want to be treated like an ebola victim by the DIBP. You must get yellow fever and polio vaccination before proceeding for medicals so as to avoid delay of any sort ooo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Albion05: 9:21pm On Aug 21, 2017
My dear that's for clarity purpose you know. The reason why we are taking another one basically is that we don't really have records other wise the 4 full dosage we took when we were small covers us starting 2 months after birth, 4 month, 6- 8 months and final loading dose 4- 6 years of age. Outside this we can take it if the country the person is entering is not polio free, if you are a health care provider given care to patients of such or you are working in a laboratory or handling a specimen that contains such polio virus. I know in this case reverse is the case. They still see us as a country not free of polio virus. grin grin grin. Is well.
HonNellymike12:
This Oga dey ask too much questions ooo, go and get the polio vaccination period, or u want to be treated like an ebola victim by the DIBP. You must get yellow fever and polio vaccination before proceeding for medicals so as to avoid delay of any sort ooo
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by onyeji20: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2017
Pls house i'm reli confuse on Wat to do right now.I was suppose to write my PTE A.with ukeas 2day but on getting there we where all told that we can't take the test 2day again because pearson didn't let them to log in for us to take the test, that pearson will reschedule the test for us.pls has anyone encounter such b4 if yes Pls how long will it take for them to reschedule or do I need to contact dem? I have also bin trying to contact pearson but the number is not going tru.Tanx
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by Wizcollifa(m): 11:42pm On Aug 21, 2017
JewelStone:
I've gotten heaps of pms since my last post about social work degrees. I'm terribly sorry, I can't respond to each pm cos I'm very busy at the moment. So I'll try and summarize it all in this post:

You're still eligible for AASW membership whether the Uni's accreditation is provisional or full, and you'll still get great jobs.

Bachelor of Nursing graduate entry is eligible for PR post graduation cos you're eligible for APHRA registration and the course' duration is 2 years.

Master's in economics will neither lead to PR nor good jobs in Australia so choose wisely.

IT is saturated by Indians, getting PR or a good job after graduation may be quite tough but not impossible.

Social work is a good alternative for those who cant study nursing, and I thought I should let people know that nursing isn't the only good thing out there. But please don't send me pms asking me to look for cheap schools for you, that's your job not mine and it's really infuriating.

And lastly, I can't comment on job situations in Melbourne and other cities, I can only comment on Sydney.

Boss thank you so much for your reply. I want to know if an art student or science student can apply for social work degree. Because some of my friends from these field are interested.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by 1neboss: 3:24am On Aug 22, 2017
Good day everyone. I took my time to catch up with the gist of this thread. First of all, i really appreciate the effort the members put in replying. I also have the issue of visa delay for my tafe course, its been almost 3months now. Iv given up on it and i resigned to deferring the admission. I applied to study IT in Canberra institution of technology. From the look of things nobody else applied. Does any have an idea of the school? Job opportunities and/or any other helpful info i can keep in mind. Thanks in advance.
P.s this is my first time joining nairaland and posting.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by ideamaster(m): 6:55am On Aug 22, 2017
joephemzyz:

Please kindly assist.
Thank you .

Do you have a Bachelor's of Education degree? If yes, you should consider applying for PR instead as a Secondary School Teacher.
Re: General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 by loveson(m): 7:41am On Aug 22, 2017
Good morning guys. I am considering Masters in Australian any information of their visa procedure and how long it takes? Thank you for the help

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (687) (Reply)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.