Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Woman Welcomes Quintuplets (5 Babies) In Calabar After 10 Years Of Childlessness - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Welcomes Quintuplets (5 Babies) In Calabar After 10 Years Of Childlessness (314 Views)

Lady Who Aborted 5 Babies Shares Their Pictures. Says 'I Love My Babies' / Firstbank Rewards #5kbae For Being An Empowered Woman, Welcomes Her To #firstgem / Lady Flashes Her Bum For Her Man In Pre-wedding Photos After 10 Years Of Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Welcomes Quintuplets (5 Babies) In Calabar After 10 Years Of Childlessness by morereb10: 12:35pm On May 08, 2017
Waiting for a child for 10 years is something that is not in the dictionary of most men in Nigeria. After marriage, if they wait till 3 or 4 years and nothing to show for it, the problem will start immediately and the in-laws pressure will become unbearable. So is a lucky game to have a man that will understand and defend you from his family.

Well this is the kind of man. After 10 years of marriage without the fruit of the womb, Mrs Ekpo Edet, a civil servant in Cross River State civil service was gifted with quintuplets and given all that she is passing through, she says she wants no more. Olanrewaju Arotimi writes.

Although, she did not bargain for it, but a woman who couldn’t conceive 10 years after marriage was shell-shocked as gets fruits of the womb five times in one fell- quintuplets in her first and only pregnancy in a decade.

So, was the case of Mrs Ekpo Edet, a civil servant in Cross River State civil service, who recently gave birth to five bouncing babies consisting of three males and two females at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital (UCTH), Calabar. Despite the daunting challenge of nursing five babies in a harsh economy, the middle-aged mother and administrative officer had since accepted her fate, describing the babies as marvelous and previous gifts from God.

Mrs. Ekpo disclosed that she didn’t pray to have quintuplets, but has a family tree that has a record of a delivery of a twin babies. She said at that conception she was only interested in having just a baby, and not babies, especially having been unable to have one after 10 years of marriage.

However, after the successful delivery of her babies, Ekpo noted that she, alongside her husband, Dr. Edet Effiong Ekpo, had been full of praises to God Almighty for blessing them with a set of quintuplets, after waiting upon God over the past 10 years, amidst persecution from different quarters that demand a child from her.

She reaffirmed that the babies, who are now four months old, were a reward for her waiting upon the God over the years, adding that it pays to be steadfast when trusting God for a child. Mrs Ekpo told our correspondent that her greatest challenge in bringing up the babies at the moment was that of finance, but expressed confidence that God will always cater for them. In view of the prevailing economic hardship and the enormous tasks of catering for the needs of five babies at a time, Ekpo doesn’t wish to have another set of quintuplets.

According to her, “It was marvelous having those babies. Even though I didn’t pray for it, and it just came, I give God the praise. But I wouldn’t want to have another experience. I won’t. The stress is much with this present economic situation. I won’t. Remember that we are all civil servants. I don’t have help from anywhere, except God. “Finance has been the major challenge at the moment, but I believe that with God all things are possible. God will always take care of them.”

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/woman-welcomes-quintuplets-5-babies-in.html

cc mynd44 lalasticlala

Re: Woman Welcomes Quintuplets (5 Babies) In Calabar After 10 Years Of Childlessness by Ay04z(m): 12:39pm On May 08, 2017
lie
Re: Woman Welcomes Quintuplets (5 Babies) In Calabar After 10 Years Of Childlessness by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:20pm On May 08, 2017
Some foolish people will come here and thank god, Instead of thanking the beauty of FERTILITY TREATMENT.
Re: Woman Welcomes Quintuplets (5 Babies) In Calabar After 10 Years Of Childlessness by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 08, 2017
Chai! Iss over, it's too much and at the same time. Well it's a blessing from God so I can't argue

(1) (Reply)

Projector And Screen Rentals / Episode 12 Of Accelerate Tv’s Shade Corner Is All About Side Chicks / Here Are The Reasons That Would Cause Your Wife To Leave You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.