Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? (8859 Views)

The Implications Of A Bad Hand Brake / You'll Never Forget To Use Your Seatbelt Even In The Back Seat After Seeing This / ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by mayorjosh(m): 7:24am On May 09, 2017
LeJeun3:

We birthday mates cool. . . . Today is also my birthday. . . !

Happy birthday to you smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by justrix: 7:26am On May 09, 2017
I dnt even have a car nw. Bt i believe hand brake is part of safe mean of avoiding accident.
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Jobabori(m): 7:29am On May 09, 2017
mystry:
my brother I no even get Barrow self how I go dey use brake na?
Why did you opened the thread?
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by hexy40: 7:31am On May 09, 2017
I only use it when am drifting

In need for speed
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Jaiyeola24(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2017
I use it often and always forget to release it while driving.
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by mystry(m): 7:43am On May 09, 2017
Jobabori:
Why did you opened the thread?

afonja detected

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by dokiOloye(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2017
sirusX:
When the car is parked...I'd always use the hand break on an a manual more than an automatic

But as for hold-up situations, for me it depends on how long I wait on a spot for both manual and auto
U should use d handbrake more on automatics cos their transmissions are more sensitive than their manual counterparts and d experts say it not good to allow d weight of d car to rest on d gear wc is what happens when U don't use d handbrake.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by anitank(f): 7:46am On May 09, 2017
I apply handbrake immediately everytime I put my car to (P) wether sloppy or level ground. I'm even surprised this is a question for discussion as they always go hand in hand.

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by badbreathcure101: 7:47am On May 09, 2017
greenhulk:

LOL, I use my handbrake whenever I park my car. In fact I engage handbrake before putting the car to park. That way it saves the transmission from damaging when u park on a sloppy road. Have u ever wondered why it becomes difficult to get ur car out of park whenever u park on a slope? That's because the gear is resting downwards the slope and it can damage ur transmission whenever u force ur car out of park. But when u engage handbrake before going into park, the brakes are preventing the car from moving down the sloap rather than being stopped by the transmission, so when u want to get out of park it becomes easy. Try it and u will know ur handbrake is not for fashion.
this is a real eye opener, no wonder my gear hardly shitfs from p to R.my hand break is faulty and i have been procrastinating the repair for more thatln one year now...

I will get it fix asap before i pay a high price
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Nicepoker(m): 7:50am On May 09, 2017
anytime I am about to drift
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by nattyhero(m): 7:58am On May 09, 2017
sexyboocalher:
I use my hand break immediately i park my car which is manual...
I do this so it's doesn't move wen rested on...
I also do this wen in serious traffic congestion...
Finally, I use my hand break to build muscle cos of my Christian mother hand...

I guess Na both hands u dey use for ur handbrake because of ur Christian mother hand? If u like no go find Iron carry shocked shocked
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Nobody: 8:26am On May 09, 2017
DonFreshmoney:
LOL, I use my handbrake whenever I park my car. In fact I engage handbrake before putting the car to park. That way it saves the transmission from damaging when u park on a sloppy road. Have u ever wondered why it becomes difficult to get ur car out of park whenever u park on a slope? That's because the gear is resting downwards the slope and it can damage ur transmission whenever u force ur car out of park. But when u engage handbrake before going into park, the brakes are preventing the car from moving down the sloap rather than being stopped by the transmission, so when u want to get out of park it becomes easy. Try it and u will know ur handbrake is not for fashion. LOSBOI nice talk. Commot from ere, make we meet for fifa

Hmm. Na who Sabi me like this?

2 Likes

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by dfrost: 8:27am On May 09, 2017
paybak:
Every time, every seconds, every minute i'm on the street.. I have to stop bike with it, wave at one that are far from me. Take it to front to stop molue and whenever i'm running in the rain and i couldn't find a bike or cab.. I had to control my speed with my hand. I use it often i repeat. Very, very often.

Ogbeni, ki lo de gaan... cheesy grin shocked You have killed me fa! Who created Nigerians with this sense of humour. See as you twist am sharp sharp. Sir naptu2, thanks for sharing.
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by NLandIsHypocrit: 9:54am On May 09, 2017
There was a time I took my brother's bus to rush down somewhere before he comes back because I didn't take permission from him, though his was aware. After I packed it on a sloppy ground, I drew the handbrake to support the break, but when I angrily came out where I was seriously provoked, I forgot to release the the handbrake and the car was moving though not normal but I didn't notice it because there was Go-slow, but when I got home and packed motto, I didn't know that the motto had scattered to the extent that the fan blades was condemned and even affected the radiator, one other rod was broken somewhere around the engine, and motto could neither start nor movegrin the following morning I went back there to carry the motto again, this time my brother was around, when I tried to start it and noticed the occurrence knowing I was the last person that made use it, as at that moment the handbrake was still active, that was when I realised what happened and quickly released it, I went to inform my brother about the development, after we argued on the possible cause of such strange development since I had used and packed it just few hours before, I personally suggested it to him that it could witchcraft peoplegrin till date he remains on puzzles on what actually caused itgrin only me and God knows what grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Alltek(m): 10:16am On May 09, 2017
Mstalba:
As for me when driving an automatic transmission car, i barely make use of it. But when am driving a manual car, i tend to make use of it especially when am about to drive over a hilly place to avoid the car from moving backward. I really will like to know how often you use your hand brake and under what circumstance.

FRSC coman carry traffic offender oh...
Once you park your car, apply your handbrake...
Probably you learnt how to drive from a nurtw guy... grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Preye1599(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2017
I use it for handbrake turns cool cool cool...
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by DonFreshmoney(m): 10:45am On May 09, 2017
No fear.. you be popular pyscho. Lol... na D Genius from Ps4 Nigeria whatsapp group
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Nobody: 10:52am On May 09, 2017
DonFreshmoney:
No fear.. you be popular pyscho. Lol... na D Genius from Ps4 Nigeria whatsapp group
grin
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by sirusX(m): 1:48pm On May 09, 2017
greenhulk:
U should always engage ur hand brake before putting an automatic transmission into park if u want ur transmission to last longer.

dokiOloye:
U should use d handbrake more on automatics cos their transmissions are more sensitive than their manual counterparts and d experts say it not good to allow d weight of d car to rest on d gear wc is what happens when U don't use d handbrake.
Thanks for the heads up
I always had that in mind but wasn't sure

Most times I park without it, and other periods I engage it after park

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 09, 2017
Mstalba:
As for me when driving an automatic transmission car, i barely make use of it. But when am driving a manual car, i tend to make use of it especially when am about to drive over a hilly place to avoid the car from moving backward. I really will like to know how often you use your hand brake and under what circumstance.
i never use my hand brake. I really dont see the need. My car is auto transmission
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 09, 2017
Never. My car is auto transmission. I really dont see the need
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 09, 2017
greenhulk:

LOL, I use my handbrake whenever I park my car. In fact I engage handbrake before putting the car to park. That way it saves the transmission from damaging when u park on a sloppy road. Have u ever wondered why it becomes difficult to get ur car out of park whenever u park on a slope? That's because the gear is resting downwards the slope and it can damage ur transmission whenever u force ur car out of park. But when u engage handbrake before going into park, the brakes are preventing the car from moving down the sloap rather than being stopped by the transmission, so when u want to get out of park it becomes easy. Try it and u will know ur handbrake is not for fashion.

Also handbrake is useful when u are parked very close to another car on a slope and u need to reverse. Once u put ur car to reverse and move ur leg from brake to throttle, if u are not careful u might hit the car in front of u before the car moves backwards. But with handbrake engaged, just put the car in reverse, floor the throttle and release the handbrake... That way the car won't move forward an inch before going into reverse.
never thought of this. So there is a need for it after all
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by obstead200(m): 2:34pm On May 10, 2017
greenhulk:

Also handbrake is useful when u are parked very close to another car on a slope and u need to reverse. Once u put ur car to reverse and move ur leg from brake to throttle, if u are not careful u might hit the car in front of u before the car moves backwards. But with handbrake engaged, just put the car in reverse, floor the throttle and release the handbrake... That way the car won't move forward an inch before going into reverse.
On point. I do the bolded too always
Re: How Often Do You Use Your Hand Brake? by Bigsteveg(m): 7:40pm On Apr 18, 2020
NLandIsHypocrit:
There was a time I took my brother's bus to rush down somewhere before he comes back because I didn't take permission from him, though his was aware. After I packed it on a sloppy ground, I drew the handbrake to support the break, but when I angrily came out where I was seriously provoked, I forgot to release the the handbrake and the car was moving though not normal but I didn't notice it because there was Go-slow, but when I got home and packed motto, I didn't know that the motto had scattered to the extent that the fan blades was condemned and even affected the radiator, one other rod was broken somewhere around the engine, and motto could neither start nor movegrin the following morning I went back there to carry the motto again, this time my brother was around, when I tried to start it and noticed the occurrence knowing I was the last person that made use it, as at that moment the handbrake was still active, that was when I realised what happened and quickly released it, I went to inform my brother about the development, after we argued on the possible cause of such strange development since I had used and packed it just few hours before, I personally suggested it to him that it could witchcraft peoplegrin till date he remains on puzzles on what actually caused itgrin only me and God knows what grin grin
Bad boy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Government To Employ 1,000 Graduates As Bus Conductors / How Do I Get The 4 Digit Code That Came With My Peugeot 406.. / 2003 Toyota Corolla VS 2003 Toyota Matrix Versus 2003 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.