Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,981 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads (24486 Views)

Ambode's Gifts To Vulcanizers Are Springing Up All Over Lagos (PHOTOS) / My Bitter Experience With VIO Officials In Abuja - Affi Bassey / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Victornezzar: 7:04am On May 09, 2017
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by OlujobaSamuel: 7:05am On May 09, 2017
TPAND:
VIO operates on a mandate higher than that of Ambode's motor vehicle policies. They are backed by a constitution. I don't see these guys leaving Lagos roads
itk, who send you
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Zico5(m): 7:05am On May 09, 2017
This is good if it will be implemented.
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by coalcoal1(m): 7:05am On May 09, 2017
y
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by househunterman(m): 7:05am On May 09, 2017
Chaiiiiii! This will negatively affect their daily contribution (esusu).
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by mankan2k7(m): 7:05am On May 09, 2017
a
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by bobnatlo(m): 7:08am On May 09, 2017
alienvirus:
We want permanent removal. Anything that has black as part of her uniform is evil. E.g VIO, Nig police.

Road safety,...
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Ibbravo(m): 7:08am On May 09, 2017
I hate this VIO dem with passion ... They shy b struck permanently jare
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Flintstone06(m): 7:11am On May 09, 2017
bankyblue:
Pls when will fct minister pronouns his own band

You mean bandwidth?
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Akanbiogun: 7:13am On May 09, 2017
botad:
It should not be temporary o! These guys are the most dreaded on Lagos road except you are not driving. If a team of VIO stops you on the road, the probability that you will go scot free is 10!

Government should limit their activities to issuance of drivers license and certification of driving school!
Did u say driver's licence and certification of driving school done by VIO in Lagos? All this two are exclusive function of FRSC now

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:14am On May 09, 2017
More than a year now since Wike sent them packing in Rivers state grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Bonjoro: 7:16am On May 09, 2017
2kass:
Including FRSC ohhhh, imagine FRSC hiding in my street at Abule Egba... not even a major state road ohhh... whereas they should be found on Federal roads.

I missed one of my MBA papers last year cuz of this s1lly VIO's

You mean those bastard hiding after beckly estate gate?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Tpave(m): 7:19am On May 09, 2017
Those guys are very terrible
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Toks2008(m): 7:21am On May 09, 2017
mayorjosh:
Ope oo

This VIO sef, I wonder why they were really created.

You'll be driving jejely in ikorodu before you realize some people wearing white are flagging you down.pfffft

And they're good at generating revenue too grin

Btw it's my birthday nairalanders,show some love wink

I want a permanent removal.

Happy born day

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by mjbaba: 7:25am On May 09, 2017
TPAND:
VIO operates on a mandate higher than that of Ambode's motor vehicle policies. They are backed by a constitution. I don't see these guys leaving Lagos roads
El Rufai scrapped them completely in Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by woodmood: 7:28am On May 09, 2017
[quote author=TPAND post=56339239]VIO operates on a mandate higher than that of Ambode's motor vehicle policies. They are backed by a constitution. I don't see these guys leaving Lagos roads[/quote

what section of the constitution?
more often than not, we always comment as if we know more than the people in authority.

it is too early to expose yourself to ridicule .

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by OlujobaSamuel: 7:32am On May 09, 2017
[quote author=woodmood post=56341469][/quote]
you dey mind am? na state dey pay their salary, na state dey set fines wey dem dey impose, na state dey provide logistics, e com dey mention constitution as if d gov action dey illegal

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Dee60: 7:34am On May 09, 2017
VERY VERY GOOD NEWS. THOSE PEOPLE CAN HARRASS. AND THEY TARGET FAIRLY NEW CARS AND LEAVE THE CARS THAT ARE NOT ROAWORTHY TO PASS. ALWAYS SWARMING AROUND CARS. CREATING NUISSANCE.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Dexema(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2017
Bunch of touts on ugly uniforms flexing muscles, they shouldn't be allowed back ever again.
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Phemoo10(m): 7:41am On May 09, 2017
This is a good move!
But I suspect this is connected to the Local Government Elections coming up soon in Lagos State.
That is how Lagos State Government do whenever any election is approaching. LASTMA will soon be temporarily removed from Lagos road too...
All na politics!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by botad(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2017
They are both issuing drivers license now, you will start with VIO and end up with FRSC.

Akanbiogun:
Did u say driver's licence and certification of driving school done by VIO in Lagos? All this two are exclusive function of FRSC now
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by goldman777: 7:58am On May 09, 2017
Just because of this ban that reduces the stress and frustrations of motorist governor ambode is beginning to earn my confidence gradually i might just vote him for second term especially if he makes their ban permanent. Vio oppress lagosians alot
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by ariesbull: 8:05am On May 09, 2017
exlink10:
To all Lagosians, this is the best news that have ever happened in their lives. Vehicle Inspection Officers, VIO, the most threaded people in Lagos State has been ordered off Lagos roads temporarily by amiable governor, Dr. Akinwumi Ambode.

Governor Ambode reportedly gave the order following public complaints regarding the unruly behavior of some of the VIO officers.

Note: This is just a temporal suspension.

more @ http://www.exlinklodge.com/2017/05/breaking-news-governor-akinwumi-ambode.html

cc lalasticlala mynd44 missyb3 dominique

Those VIO officers are terrible
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by blackchild3(m): 8:05am On May 09, 2017
mayorjosh:
Ope oo

This VIO sef, I wonder why they were really created.

You'll be driving jejely in ikorodu before you realize some people wearing white are flagging you down.pfffft

And they're good at generating revenue too grin

Btw it's my birthday nairalanders,show some love wink
Happy Birthday....

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by ariesbull: 8:06am On May 09, 2017
goldman777:
Just because of this ban that reduces the stress and frustrations of motorist governor ambode is beginning to earn my confidence gradually i might just vote him for second term especially if he makes their ban permanent. Vio oppress lagosians alot

They are nightmare and i have made it a duty never to stop for them

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by CioAngels(f): 8:14am On May 09, 2017
But VIO is a Federal Government Body, so can state chase them out of the Road? It is a dificult time we are in now, but let us try to reduce the smoke that pumps out from our cars. Some of our tyres are death traps and also our side mirrors are missing, if VIOs are still doing their job as it should be, i think is for the good of all of us.
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by cpapa: 8:15am On May 09, 2017
No be Dis lag they will call them back after all they generate income for govt
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Balkan(m): 8:23am On May 09, 2017
Thank God! Person go de drive, instead of watching out for traffic sign or concentrating my will going far to see if VIO is on the road.

I don't drive my car again. In other not to see this devils. Once they stop you they must find out one thing. The one that stop me last time when he could not find anything, checked my tyres and told me they are expired.

They gave me bill of 80k. 20k for each tyre. Now ask me to go and buy new tyres. My car is still with them.
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Balkan(m): 8:28am On May 09, 2017
CioAngels:
But VIO is a Federal Government Body, so can state chase them out of the Road? It is a dificult time we are in now, but let us try to reduce the smoke that pumps out from our cars. Some of our tyres are death traps and also our side mirrors are missing, if VIOs are still doing their job as it should be, i think is for the good of all of us.
we pay for road worthiness every six months and it's issued from their office. When you show those certificate why would they been harassing vehicles on the road.

Why would they issue certificate when they know your car is not road worthy.?

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Welcomme: 8:44am On May 09, 2017
TPAND:
Oga leave that talk. No single VIO officer in Kaduna state again. El Rufai has cleared all off them from Kaduna roads. Their offices have been turned to offices for Kastella (Kaduna State road safety)
Re: Breaking News: Governor Akinwumi Ambode Orders VIO Out Of Lagos Roads by Welcomme: 8:51am On May 09, 2017
CioAngels:
Mummy, if u don't know what to say, u better go cook for daddy. Which of the VIO is a federal government body?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Car Signs You Should Not Ignore / Mercedes Benz Crosses 50 Million Vehicle Production Landmark / I Am Driving From Abuja To Lagos. Advice Needed Please!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.